Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Postby Chicano on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:34 pm

Gerald Wallace
25 Years Old
6-7, 220 lbs.

19.4 PPG, 45% FGs, 32% 3pt.
6.0 RPG
4 APG
73% FTs
2 SPG
1 BPG

Lamar Odom
28 Years Old
6-10, 230 lbs.

14.2 PPG, 53% FGs, 27% 3pt.
11.0 RPG
4 APG
70% FTs
1 SPG
1 BPG
Chicano

 

Postby Mando323 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:35 pm

after watching that vid, im sold. i was iffy because of his shot, but his D precense is good enough for me. him and Ariza can share 48 a game.
User avatar
Mando323

 
Posts: 4815
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: Sur Central Los Angeles

Postby The LeBrons on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Toughness and defense.The guy plays hard. He's excellent off the ball on offense, and he's everywhere on defense.
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
User avatar
The LeBrons

 
Posts: 3811
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: ~~~~Los Angeles~~~~

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:39 pm

this guy from the videos which you usually can't tell is reckless and tough but

he will lay his body on the line for the team to win

we need that

dude was on thee freakin bobcats and hes flying around putting his body on the line to win 20 games a season

this guy belongs on a winning team

gerald wallace you are welcome

mitch get it done soon
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 pm

The LeBrons wrote:Toughness and defense.The guy plays hard. He's excellent off the ball on offense, and he's everywhere on defense.


as kobe said about gasol

"hes never played on a big stage so noone really knows how good he is"

same can be said for gerald wallace

i dont think one person knew how impactful he was on a game

i did know he was fantasy royalty

but i mean on a perennial lottery team he gives 120% on every play

flying around throwin himself

imagine on a title contender
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby d.carter4kobe on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 pm

How would we be able to see his defense when he missies about 15-20 games a year??? I would think the Bobcats would have to include something else
d.carter4kobe

 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:23 pm

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:43 pm

that dunk when he was with sacramento they showed was legit

i dont think i've seen that

oh wait ariza on grant hill
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby lakersforthewin on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:44 pm

How about reivisiting an old trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
The Lakers:

Where unlucky injuries ALWAYS happen
User avatar
lakersforthewin

 
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:46 pm

I just don't think we need to take a risk on Wallace and his injury history. He's a great player, but that contract could come back to bite us hard.

Reports have that Portland wants to deal Jack, Outlaw, and their pick (13th) for a veteran shooter. We need to swing this into a three way, giving them the shooter they need and giving us that package. Something like the Bucks getting Odom for Redd, Redd going to Portland to be the shooter, and Outlaw, Blake, Jones, and the pick coming to L.A..

I would love Blake and Outlaw on this team. Blake is someone we could use desperately at the PG position, and I have a man crush on Outlaw's game. He is a solid, solid defender who can stroke it when it gets it going. 40% from three already, a fine shot blocker, he generates steals, and can play in virtually any system. Easily a 15/6 guy who is insanely efficient. He reminds me of a lesser version of Josh Smith in terms of overall game, but he's more polished in what he does and he is a better shooter overall.

It's low risk, but we get what we need. Role players who are defensive minded, and are both around 40% shooters from beyond the arc. Outlaw is one of my favorite players in the entire league, and I have no doubts that he could fill our SF void with ease.
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:47 pm

d.carter4kobe wrote:How would we be able to see his defense when he missies about 15-20 games a year??? I would think the Bobcats would have to include something else


doesn't lamar miss about the same amount of time a year

at least when gerald plays we are unstoppable

and for your second point

if they include

nazr mohammed with him we solve 2 problems

back up center is fixed with a guy in nazr who has played in the NBA finals with the spurs and eastern conference finals with detroit so hes a veteran

with gerald we get a guy who just flys around on offense and defense gives 120% effort and never backs down. a guy who can create his own shot and have people create for him.

we are better if this trade goes down a lot better
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:47 pm

knm131 wrote:He's a good slasher, but so is Ariza.

He's a good defender, but so is Ariza.

He's not a good shooter, but neither is Ariza.

What's the missing piece there?


True, but he's considerably better than Ariza in all those categories. On top of that he's a much better ball handler and can get his own shot.
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18060
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

Postby RobinHood on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:50 pm

Guys, Gerald has never been to the Playoffs and isn't tested.. I wanna trade Odom for a more experienced player.. but I guess i will do it.
RobinHood

 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:09 am

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:I just don't think we need to take a risk on Wallace and his injury history. He's a great player, but that contract could come back to bite us hard.

Reports have that Portland wants to deal Jack, Outlaw, and their pick (13th) for a veteran shooter. We need to swing this into a three way, giving them the shooter they need and giving us that package. Something like the Bucks getting Odom for Redd, Redd going to Portland to be the shooter, and Outlaw, Blake, Jones, and the pick coming to L.A..

I would love Blake and Outlaw on this team. Blake is someone we could use desperately at the PG position, and I have a man crush on Outlaw's game. He is a solid, solid defender who can stroke it when it gets it going. 40% from three already, a fine shot blocker, he generates steals, and can play in virtually any system. Easily a 15/6 guy who is insanely efficient. He reminds me of a lesser version of Josh Smith in terms of overall game, but he's more polished in what he does and he is a better shooter overall.

It's low risk, but we get what we need. Role players who are defensive minded, and are both around 40% shooters from beyond the arc. Outlaw is one of my favorite players in the entire league, and I have no doubts that he could fill our SF void with ease.


got to take risks to win it all

last time i checked going into the year it was thought ray allen was playing on basically shins, calfs, and feet because his ankles were gone

gerald comes here if he stays healthy its safe to say we have just won the lottery

that guy brings new intensity not here before

imagine bynum and wallace blocking shots

gamblers wallace, kobe, and fisher stealing and running

gasol looking really good because of all these great defenders around him

sounds fun to me

plus gerald wallace is fast as hell i mean fast
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby iggypop123 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:52 pm

User avatar
iggypop123

 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Postby Chicano on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:53 pm

I'd rather have RJ, but that's just me.
Chicano

 

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:53 pm

Ha, they call him "G-Force".
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18060
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:54 pm

RobinHood wrote:Guys, Gerald has never been to the Playoffs and isn't tested.. I wanna trade Odom for a more experienced player.. but I guess i will do it.


neither had rondo and perkins

hell sasha, farmar, bynum, gasol, ariza had never been past the first round

its not like his type of game needs playoff experience

hes not a jumpshooter

getting to the rack is the same playoff time

and intensity when you have it 100% of the time is always the same
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby iggypop123 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:56 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:I just don't think we need to take a risk on Wallace and his injury history. He's a great player, but that contract could come back to bite us hard.

Reports have that Portland wants to deal Jack, Outlaw, and their pick (13th) for a veteran shooter. We need to swing this into a three way, giving them the shooter they need and giving us that package. Something like the Bucks getting Odom for Redd, Redd going to Portland to be the shooter, and Outlaw, Blake, Jones, and the pick coming to L.A..

I would love Blake and Outlaw on this team. Blake is someone we could use desperately at the PG position, and I have a man crush on Outlaw's game. He is a solid, solid defender who can stroke it when it gets it going. 40% from three already, a fine shot blocker, he generates steals, and can play in virtually any system. Easily a 15/6 guy who is insanely efficient. He reminds me of a lesser version of Josh Smith in terms of overall game, but he's more polished in what he does and he is a better shooter overall.

It's low risk, but we get what we need. Role players who are defensive minded, and are both around 40% shooters from beyond the arc. Outlaw is one of my favorite players in the entire league, and I have no doubts that he could fill our SF void with ease.


why would you want to help blazers get redd. they would be set for years.
User avatar
iggypop123

 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Postby Amongst:Kings on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Im torn...

its like on one hand he gives what we are missing, on the other, he may not be a big enough prescence to give us that mental edge.

Not only that, but IMO Ariza can develop into at least equal to G Wall. Dont forget that while Wallace is young, it took him a while and development to get here. The cats got him from Sacto in the expansion draft. If we can just give Ariza one more season, we have our own home grown version. All he need is to work on his strength and shooting and he is ready to be that defensive stopper at the 3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7LWiYGePMOs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_p6MpMn47mE&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gmRJK2EifKY&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FXgXPaCVa00&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3jDD5kIW57Y&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1v6OIFNme6w&feature=related
Amongst:Kings

 
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Chicano wrote:I'd rather have RJ, but that's just me.


i did before but after i say what gerald does defensively i mean we've never had that here

a guy who just flys around and blocks shots steals the ball

oh wait his name is kobe

and gerald is a premier slasher and finisher

one of the top athletes in the league

also i dont think the FO feels the same way

according to the guy with the story there are 2 options keep lamar or get gerald wallace
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Black Sheep91 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:58 pm

get er done mitchell
User avatar
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7645
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:04 am
Location: PA

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 am

Amongst:Kings wrote:Im torn...

its like on one hand he gives what we are missing, on the other, he may not be a big enough prescence to give us that mental edge.

Not only that, but IMO Ariza can develop into at least equal to G Wall. Dont forget that while Wallace is young, it took him a while and development to get here. The cats got him from Sacto in the expansion draft. If we can just give Ariza one more season, we have our own home grown version. All he need is to work on his strength and shooting and he is ready to be that defensive stopper at the 3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7LWiYGePMOs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_p6MpMn47mE&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gmRJK2EifKY&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FXgXPaCVa00&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3jDD5kIW57Y&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1v6OIFNme6w&feature=related


why wait another year when we are looking to win the title

plus who better for ariza to learn how to be gerald wallace from

plus is there anything wrong having 2 gerald wallaces

2 guys who will give 100% on every play

throw their body around and play unbelievable defense and get to the rim
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby RobinHood on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 am

last stand wrote:neither had rondo and perkins

hell sasha, farmar, bynum, gasol, ariza had never been past the first round

its not like his type of game needs playoff experience

hes not a jumpshooter

getting to the rack is the same playoff time

and intensity when you have it 100% of the time is always the same


True..
RobinHood

 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:09 am

Postby Amongst:Kings on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:09 am

last stand wrote:
Amongst:Kings wrote:Im torn...

its like on one hand he gives what we are missing, on the other, he may not be a big enough prescence to give us that mental edge.

Not only that, but IMO Ariza can develop into at least equal to G Wall. Dont forget that while Wallace is young, it took him a while and development to get here. The cats got him from Sacto in the expansion draft. If we can just give Ariza one more season, we have our own home grown version. All he need is to work on his strength and shooting and he is ready to be that defensive stopper at the 3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7LWiYGePMOs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_p6MpMn47mE&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gmRJK2EifKY&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FXgXPaCVa00&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3jDD5kIW57Y&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1v6OIFNme6w&feature=related


why wait another year when we are looking to win the title

plus who better for ariza to learn how to be gerald wallace from

plus is there anything wrong having 2 gerald wallaces

2 guys who will give 100% on every play

throw their body around and play unbelievable defense and get to the rim


No but why pay him all that money for so long and then have a VERY similar player backing him up who is younger and has all the physical gifts he does.

If we keep Odom we could start Ariza and bring LO off the bench, start LO at the, have him play some PF, C, SG, PG. Or we could trade him for a number of bench players and balance are offensive minded bench out.

Sometimes people forget, the reason out offense is so pontent in the fast break is because of Odom grabbing the board and having to ability to push it and then either pass it or finsih it himself. You lose Odom, you lose alot of our fast break basketball, thus making a player like Wallce not as effective offensively.
Amongst:Kings

 
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Postby Weezy on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 am

two0one7 wrote:
knm131 wrote:He's a good slasher, but so is Ariza.

He's a good defender, but so is Ariza.

He's not a good shooter, but neither is Ariza.

What's the missing piece there?


True, but he's considerably better than Ariza in all those categories. On top of that he's a much better ball handler and can get his own shot.


Plus then we'd have Wallace as a starter and Ariza as the 6th man, it only makes us better. I'm all for this trade, though I believe no rumors anymore. I don't think you can hold off on a guy due to a history of injuries, unless they are like MAJOR surgeries or something. Odom has been injured a lot himself, you gotta take risks sometimes and I'd love to have a guy like Wallace, that's a sick starting lineup.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50858
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.