wallace wears #3 ....
ariza wears #3.....
ariza changed jersey to 1.....
interesting

sorry if posted already.
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby Kush327 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:18 am

if we're going to trade odom, let's trade him for somebody more durable and experienced than wallace. someone with finals/championship experience. my ideal SF for the lakers is tayshaun prince.
Kush327

Postby Shortodom on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:25 am

G|B|G|B wrote:ummm
wallace wears #3 ....
ariza wears #3.....
interesting

sorry if posted already.

When did he change his number?
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby GinoDB on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:26 am

Kush327 wrote:if we're going to trade odom, let's trade him for somebody more durable and experienced than wallace. someone with finals/championship experience. my ideal SF for the lakers is tayshaun prince.

thing that people shouldnt overlook is that we can get more than just G Wallace, we can proably snag another useful role player from them, while all we can get is a good player + a bonafide scrub from other teams (if we can even get multiple players from them)
GinoDB

Postby purp n gold on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:53 am

I have to agree with everyone here. Gerald is a blks/stls machine, attacks the basket, and gets streaky behind the arc. Sign me up.

Sure there's injury concerns, but put him next to KB, Pau and Bynum and he won't have to exert himself as much.

I'm pretty interested in who we land in addition to Wallace. How do you guys feel about Jared Dudley? I remember him playing in BC, but never saw him as a Bobcat. Offensively, I felt like he had good instincts near the basket, like catching a timely rebound or finishing around the basket. They say his midrange jumper has improved too... if so I think he could create some good matchup problems off the bench. I don't know much about his D though...

not a fan of Nazr Mohammed

given Artest =/= MLE
1) Prince
2) Wallace + _____
3) Jefferson
purp n gold

Postby cardom on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:06 am

Bobcats will have to include more then Wallace + pick to make salaries match.
cardom

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:24 am

G-Wall is a billionaire's Trevor Ariza.

I think he's a more natural fit at SF for what we're trying to do, BUT I am extremely concerned with his health. One or two more concussions and he'll be starring in Rocky 5 Pt. II

And the #9 pick was involved, which I doubt, I'd want Brook Lopez. He'd be a perfect backup for Drew. I'm not a big fan of his, but he fits in perfectly in the offense and has the IQ to pick up the triangle. That said, reports out today are suggesting he might be going to the Sonics at 4 instead of Bayless. If that happens, I'd trade that #9 pick to a team in the 20s (nearly everyone is trying to move up in the top 10) and take Hibbert (assuming Kings don't nab him at 12), Lee, or CDR.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby G|B|G|B on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:25 am

Shortodom wrote:
G|B|G|B wrote:ummm
wallace wears #3 ....
ariza wears #3.....
interesting

sorry if posted already.

When did he change his number?

it was in the exit interview article.
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby YOUNGZERO on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:04 am

ARTEST for the MLE for sure... after he OPTS OUT :jam2:

wish list is as follows if we can't Keep LAMAR...
1)JOSH SMITH
2)GERALD WALLACE + more
3) and last would be Tayshaun Prince....
myspace.com/blackcorazon
YOUNGZERO

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:39 am

Often injured + poor shooter = I'll pass

Yes, we need defense, but not at the expense of sacrificing our offense and ability to spread the floor.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby live and die in LA on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:19 am

I would love Gerald Wallace, no one hustles like this guy. He is borderline reckless which is why he has had multiple concussions and other injuries. What makes him great is his overall defensive ability. He can play good man defense, but also come over for the steal or block. He is also good for 7 rebounds a game. On offense he is explosive to the whole and a improving outside shooter. Atleast with Wallace defenders would have to respect his 3 point shot, we cant really say the same about Odom.
live and die in LA

Postby SignPippenNow on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:36 am

Comparing Trevor Ariza to Gerald Wallace makes as much sense as comparing the Machine to Kobe. Sure Sasha does the same things Kobe does (Play D and shoot well), but he hardly does them as well as Kobe. Same here. First,, I love Ariza, but he isn't a Gerald Wallace. He does the same things only better. As I said don't take this as dogging Ariza, because I like him. It is Odom, Radman and Luke I want to get rid of. I realize Luke isn't going anywhere likely but I can at least hope.
I too worry about Wallace's injuries but other than that I say go forward with it. I like Artest and Marion too so any of the 3 for Lamar works for me. Ship his inconsistent &*( out.
SignPippenNow

Postby solenstyle on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:45 am

Don't we need someone to shoot the 3 ball in order to spread the floor??

I mean that is why you guys don't want Odom right? Because he can't spread the floor
solenstyle

Postby chug o nomics on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:06 am

solenstyle wrote:Don't we need someone to shoot the 3 ball in order to spread the floor??

I mean that is why you guys don't want Odom right? Because he can't spread the floor

The 3 ball is only one thing we need to improve. Gerald Wallace is a better shooter than Lamar, I think, so already there's a slight improvement there. His defense is great and as people have mentioned, it would allow Kobe to roam a bit more. We can probably get a shooter along with Wallace too.
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Postby mapabu1 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 am

I like Wallace as well he is the defender we need at the small forward
mapabu1

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:43 am

The Bobcats and Lakers do have a history, so this might have legs...
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:35 am

I don't like the deal strictly because of how long he has on his contract and his injury history. The dude has an eternity left on his contract and towards the end it gets pretty ugly for a guy that may be on the bench in street clothes for years at a time.
Savory Griddles

Postby R24ADY on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:36 am

:disagree: :disagree: :disagree: i'll pass
Gasol also said he would remember the team's hectic exit from TD Banknorth Garden after the Game 6 loss.
A mob of Celtics fans pounded the Lakers' bus with their fists and shouted out expletives. Some revelers threw rocks and chased the bus down the street.
"It's something that I'm going to keep in mind all year long until we get there again," Gasol said.
R24ADY

Postby TrixR4Kids on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:50 am

knm131 wrote:He's a good slasher, but so is Ariza.

He's a good defender, but so is Ariza.

He's not a good shooter, but neither is Ariza.

What's the missing piece there?

exactly what i was thinking. i don't think wallace is a good fit here at all. what he does bring is redundant to ariza. he also has a long contract for a player with his health concerns (concussions). trading for wallace takes all legs out of the "trade odom to improve spacing" argument. wallace would be worse for spacing than odom.

i do believe that the cats have contacted us about odom though...everybody knows that larry brown loves him. only way you think about this trade is if you find a way to get the #9 pick involved.
TrixR4Kids

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:06 am

why did thi get moved to trade rumors

i feel its somewhat legitimate
last stand

Postby SignPippenNow on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:06 am

If it goes down it looks as if it will be Gerald Wallace and Othella Harrington and second round pick for Lamar Odom and No 58. Harrington would be an expiring K and then Wallace would save Lakers about 4-5 million from Odom each year. Lakers would then use No. 38 to take George Hill assuming he is still there.
Last edited by SignPippenNow on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SignPippenNow

Postby Radner on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:07 am

So this is not happening?
Radner

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:13 am

Radner wrote:So this is not happening?

i think they are trying to organize lakers discussion because all of the trade threads have been moved
last stand

Postby Pokey on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:21 am

Moises wrote:Link to the forum or it's lies.
Cheeses rice all mighty.
Pokey

Postby JediRekal on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:48 am

Mitch loves G Wallace and Larry Brown has loved Odom since the Olympics so this probably has a great chance.
JediRekal

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors