Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:56 pm

24kobe24bryant24 wrote:
d_nell79 wrote:
24kobe24bryant24 wrote:i would rather have tayshaun.

Can Tayshaun guard Pierce??? :disagree:

are you serious??? where have you been the last 3 years...tayshaun is a very good defender and has great length.

where have you been the last 3 years

prince has gotten torn up by wade, lebron, and pierce and in 2008 kobe

this guys defense like everyone elses on that team was a product of ben wallace being defensive player of the year

princes defense is way overrated

his offense even more so

my list goes

ron artest
RJ
gerald wallace
prince
miller
last stand

Postby The LeBrons on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:31 pm

jbiggs wrote:the guy who started the rumor just said this
From what I understand the deal is more likely to happen than it is not happening

I don't think that's ever true for any trade.
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby lakerman24 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:10 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:im not really high on this deal....g-wallace cant hit the 3...im not very sure about this...G-wallace isnt battle tested like Lamar...i'd hold off on this deal

Actually Gerald is a better 3 point shooter than Odom.
Odom 27%
Gerald 32%
lakerman24

Postby lakerman24 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 pm

last stand wrote:
24kobe24bryant24 wrote:
d_nell79 wrote:

are you serious??? where have you been the last 3 years...tayshaun is a very good defender and has great length.

this guys defense like everyone elses on that team was a product of ben wallace being defensive player of the year

his offense even more so

my list goes

ron artest
RJ
gerald wallace
prince
miller

You forgot Shane battier
lakerman24

Postby RobinHood on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Why did this thread get moved? :man3:
RobinHood

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:17 pm

because someones messin wit ya man
last stand

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:18 pm

lakerman24 wrote:
last stand wrote:
24kobe24bryant24 wrote:
d_nell79 wrote:

his offense even more so

my list goes

ron artest
RJ
gerald wallace
prince
miller

You forgot Shane battier

waaaaaaaaaaaay too big a talent dropoff
last stand

Postby VOTEKobe2008 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:19 pm

I think it will happen.The deal almost happend last draft day.So i guess it could happen thursday.
VOTEKobe2008

Postby Maddocks15 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:19 pm

no artest.....no deal
Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn...
Maddocks15

Postby Banzai on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Gerald Wallace always seems to be money from 3 point land when he plays the Lakers....maybe if he became a Laker he'd be hitting those 3's :man1:
Banzai

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:24 pm

who else thinks

if mitch gets a deal of gerald wallace, nazr mohammed and the 9th pick we should crown mitch GM of the decade

hell throw in farmar

we'll just have

andrew/ nazr
pau/ ronny
wallace/ ariza
kobe/ sasha
fisher/ westbrook, augustine, mayo, bayless( i would trust mitch to choose the right one)
last stand

Postby RobinHood on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:27 pm

If Mitch ever got the 9th pick I would bow down to him and kiss his nuts. getting the 9th pick also means its likely we can trade Vlad or Luke since it will be easier to trade them if the pick was included.

GOOD LORD get it Done Mitch!
RobinHood

Postby Amongst:Kings on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:34 pm

why do you guys even talk about the 9th pick?

Lamar for Gerald is pretty even for both sides, maybe we can throw in Mihm (cheap big man who expires) for Nazr but thats the best it gets.

Why in the world would they trade someone who all of you are drooling over for equal value and then just "throw in" a top ten pick which could draft a future star. Haha some of you are crazzzy
Amongst:Kings

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:36 pm

RobinHood wrote:If Mitch ever got the 9th pick I would bow down to him and kiss his nuts. getting the 9th pick also means its likely we can trade Vlad or Luke since it will be easier to trade them if the pick was included.

GOOD LORD get it Done Mitch!

why would you ever trade the #9 pick if we got it

we would be a championship contender with a top 10 pick and a borderline allstar along with solid backup center coming in

uh can it get any better
last stand

Postby Damian Necronamous on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:36 pm

Howabout Odom and Mihm for Wallace, Nazr and Sean May?

May has had big injury problems in his career, but his ceiling is certainly higher than Ronny's, and we could then let Ronny go.

Still leaves us with the big problem of being stuck with Vlad and Luke, though. We have to deal one of them, and it's going to be really difficult to do so unless we include them in a deal with Lamar.
Damian Necronamous

Postby RobinHood on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:53 pm

last stand wrote:why would you ever trade the #9 pick if we got it

we would be a championship contender with a top 10 pick and a borderline allstar along with solid backup center coming in

uh can it get any better

Getting rid of Vlad or Luke will be worth it.
RobinHood

Postby Mr. Chicken on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:53 pm

G-Force for LO? It could work. But really, what's the difference? Wallace might be a better scorer but his game is almost similar to Lamar's on the offense. He can't shoot consistently for us, which is what we need to space the triangle. I say scrap these trade rumors and let us start the season with what we have.
"I'm chasing perfection"--Kobe Bryant
Mr. Chicken

Postby SWOL on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:58 pm

Chicano wrote:I'd rather have RJ, but that's just me.

BRO IM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE, IMO RJEFF IS UNDERRATED AS A DEFENDER AND MUCH LESS OF A RISK INJURY WISE

BETTER JUMPER AND BETTER OVERALL OFFENSIVELY, PLUS WE COULD HAVE THEM THROW IN MARCUS WILLIAMS

WITH BYNUM AND PAU, WE DONT NEED A GLASS MAN ALL THAT BAD, AND HE IS A GLASS MAN FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:00 pm

RobinHood wrote:
last stand wrote:why would you ever trade the #9 pick if we got it

uh can it get any better

Getting rid of Vlad or Luke will be worth it.

you could get rid of vlad easily

if we got the #9 pick we would use it

vlad can be traded to a playoff team like goldenstate for their highest expiring contract

they would love vlad in golden state and he would love it there

luke is staying whether you guys like it or not
last stand

Postby last stand on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:02 pm

SWOL wrote:

BRO IM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE, IMO RJEFF IS UNDERRATED AS A DEFENDER AND MUCH LESS OF A RISK INJURY WISE

BETTER JUMPER AND BETTER OVERALL OFFENSIVELY, PLUS WE COULD HAVE THEM THROW IN MARCUS WILLIAMS

WITH BYNUM AND PAU, WE DONT NEED A GLASS MAN ALL THAT BAD, AND HE IS A GLASS MAN FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON

gerald isn't glass its just that noone goes to the rim as hard and reckless as him
last stand

Postby 10scott10 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm

last stand wrote:
SWOL wrote:

gerald isn't glass its just that noone goes to the rim as hard and reckless as him

look at how many games he has missed each year. he has a penchant for concussions, and they are getting worse each time. i love him as a player, but with him, chronic injuries are a huge concern.
10scott10

Postby Senor Mortgage on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm

Mr. Chicken wrote:G-Force for LO? It could work. But really, what's the difference? Wallace might be a better scorer but his game is almost similar to Lamar's on the offense. He can't shoot consistently for us, which is what we need to space the triangle. I say scrap these trade rumors and let us start the season with what we have.

The idea is that he is a tweener suited for the 3 rather than a tweener at the 4 like Lamar. Wallace is (allegedly) more consistent and easily more aggressive, which is something our offense can lack at times. Its not a perfect substitution and Im not saying we should do it slam dunk if at all but if you think all trades will work ala Kwame/Gasol or even Evans/Ariza then you maybe disappointed.
Senor Mortgage

Postby SWOL on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:06 pm

last stand wrote:
SWOL wrote:

YEAH BUT....WHAT MAKES HIM SPECIAL MAKES HIM A RISK, TO ME THAT IS A SCARY PROPOSITION, FOR A TEAM 2 GAMES FROM A LARRY O'BRIEN TROPHY, ID THINK YOU WOULD MAKE MOVES YOU KNOW WOULD GET YOU CLOSER...NOT RIVER BOAT GAMBLING
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby 10scott10 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:07 pm

SWOL wrote:
last stand wrote:
SWOL wrote:

YEAH BUT....WHAT MAKES HIM SPECIAL MAKES HIM A RISK, TO ME THAT IS A SCARY PROPOSITION, FOR A TEAM 2 GAMES FROM A LARRY O'BRIEN TROPHY, ID THINK YOU WOULD MAKE MOVES YOU KNOW WOULD GET YOU CLOSER...NOT RIVER BOAT GAMBLING

turn off caps lock
10scott10

Postby The Maverick on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:08 pm

10scott10 wrote:
SWOL wrote:
last stand wrote:
SWOL wrote:

turn off caps lock

Do you know who SWOL is? :man10:
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors