Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Postby borri on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:09 pm

My concerns:

1. Once you multiple concussions, it becomes more more "easy" to get another one.

2. Seeing that he's had so many concussions, it's conceivable that he's gonna "play it safe" and not get into situations where he's gonna get another one. Is he gonna be "gun shy" now? Will he play less hard to save his career?.........it's conceivable.
borri

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:25 pm

guys getting the 9th pick along with Wallace and Nazr all for just Odom is totally pure pipe... stop mentioning it- its not happening at all... Odom for Crash and Nazr is good enough- Charlotte is not putting the 9th pick in the deal unless we are giving away Gasol or Bynum...
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:35 pm

Guys do remember the Lakers, Nets, and Bobcats had a deal all set last year on draft deal. This is why to me this rumor is possible.

The deal was Richardson to Cha, Odom to NJ, and Wallace to LA. Charlotte or New Jersey backed out in the last minute, which is why Charlotte traded its 8th pick to Golden State for Jason Richardson.

Its not the first time Wallace for Odom has been discussed. And now that Brown is with Charlotte its even more likely. Brown is enamoured with Odom's versatility and skillset. Coached him in the olympics.

If we get Nazr Mohammed I would be stoked. He would be a great backup for Bynum and add some toughness to this team...
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby knm131 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:40 pm

Banzai wrote:Gerald Wallace always seems to be money from 3 point land when he plays the Lakers....maybe if he became a Laker he'd be hitting those 3's :man1:

He does?!

Outside of the one game he played in against us this year, when did he ever have a big game from downtown against us?
knm131

Postby halekulani on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:42 pm

The Maverick wrote:Do you know who SWOL is? :man10:

yeah
a guy who hasnt turned off caps lock since he got here
it's annoying as hell and will always be.
halekulani

Postby Camaro383ci on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:31 am

lakerman24 wrote:
last stand wrote:
24kobe24bryant24 wrote:
d_nell79 wrote:
24kobe24bryant24 wrote:i would rather have tayshaun.

Can Tayshaun guard Pierce??? :disagree:

are you serious??? where have you been the last 3 years...tayshaun is a very good defender and has great length.

where have you been the last 3 years

prince has gotten torn up by wade, lebron, and pierce and in 2008 kobe

this guys defense like everyone elses on that team was a product of ben wallace being defensive player of the year

princes defense is way overrated

his offense even more so

my list goes

ron artest
RJ
gerald wallace
prince
miller

You forgot Shane battier

and Danny Granger
and Travis Outlaw
:man1:
Camaro383ci

Postby SWOL on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:34 am

halekulani wrote:
The Maverick wrote:Do you know who SWOL is? :man10:

yeah
a guy who hasnt turned off caps lock since he got here
it's annoying as hell and will always be.

THEN JUST DONT READ MY POST, IM NOT SURE WHAT TO TELL YOU...I THINK MIKE TYSON SAID IT BEST

MIKE TYSON wrote:"IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IM SAYIN THEN TURN YOUR STATION OFF"
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby RobinHood on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 am

SWOL do you have eye problems?
RobinHood

Postby agent13 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:48 am

i dont like this deal that much. plus i dont think the lakers will move LO
agent13

Postby Vincey on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:51 am

12,000+ posts in all caps? :man6:
Vincey

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:38 am

FIRST OF ALL, SWOL OWNS. ONE OF MY FAVORITE POSTERS IN CL HISTORY.

Secondly guys, we have to make this trade.

Gerald Wallace has been one of my most favorite players in the NBA and I think Phil & Co will mold him into an even better player. Also a player who is more under control.

Do you guys understand that you can't really compare his 3 point #'s to what they would be if he was here. Do you know just how many open shots he would get, how many open cuts and easy baskets with Kobe, Pau & Bynum getting so much attention. We would be nearly unstoppable. And this is not hopeful thinking, this is reality. His 3 point shooting would improve. Geting him would improve our bench like crazy. Everyone knows our weakest position is SF, because our lack of aggression and defense at the position. He brings both and he would grow so much as a person and player, playing with Phil, Kobe and the rest of the team. Also he's not the headcase Artest is. (Even though I do believe Kobe & Phil would have a great impact on Artest).

Most of you don't know, but Gerald Wallace is a HUGE Kobe fan. He remembers being on the Kings when Kobe & Shaq beat them. He idolizes Kobe. He has commented about Kobe's talent and his will to win. He would be our second #2 option after Bynum. The thing is, getting Bynum back and moving Pau to PF, there is not a need for Odom anymore. It's simply the truth. If there is question about Bynum & Pau not being able work, thing about Odom being mixed in. We need to make a change at the 3, and this, along with Artest, would be the best move possible.

Yes, he's been injured, but a lot of them were freak injuries. Also, this would help free up cap room, get rid of Odom, who is not very good at the 3. Also, he is still young. He always gives his all and leaves everything on the court. This guy can create of the dribble unlike Lamar. He can jump out of the building, grabbing rebounds and blocking shots. He gets a good amount of steals too. I don't even want to start dreaming about how great our team defense would be. Also, this would be the guy D'ing up Carmelo, Ginobili, T-Mac, Peja, Pierce, Grant Hill, and the rest of the SF / SG's that kill us. This would help Kobe incredibly on both sides of the ball probably to the extent that Pau has. And just imagine STILL having Ariza off the bench. Oh. My. God. This just has to happen.

This is the guy we have all wanted Odom to be. Odom has not lived up to expectations and we have to move on. We have to make this trade. We can not keep Odom another year, it will almost be like back tracking.

(Last thing -I love Ariza, but those comparing Ariza's game to Wallace's have no idea what they're talking about. No disrespect. Wallace is easily 5 times better than Ariza, and that's just on the offensive end.)
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby popo on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:01 am

stop hating on SWOL, it's baiting and also derailing the thread.
popo

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:28 am

SWOL wrote:
Chicano wrote:I'd rather have RJ, but that's just me.

BRO IM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE, IMO RJEFF IS UNDERRATED AS A DEFENDER AND MUCH LESS OF A RISK INJURY WISE

BETTER JUMPER AND BETTER OVERALL OFFENSIVELY, PLUS WE COULD HAVE THEM THROW IN MARCUS WILLIAMS

WITH BYNUM AND PAU, WE DONT NEED A GLASS MAN ALL THAT BAD, AND HE IS A GLASS MAN FOR MORE THAN ONE REASON
[b]

anyone with half a brain would prefer this trade. i would jump for joy if we got RJ (pukes husband) & marcus williams who is a absolute dynamic pg when given playing time.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby crucifixion on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:20 am

Dude, SWOL's gimmick/style is that he is from the ghetto and is too poor to afford a keyboard that works, so thats why he only has a keyboard that types in all caps. Its a hilarious gimmick and is something so simple that everyone else is mad that they couldnt come up with a simple style like that. SWOL has pattened the ghetto keyboard style so nothing you can do but sit back and enjoy. Its his style and he came up with it first.

Anyways, Odom must be traded. Not sure about GWallace, not just from a injury perspective but we do have GWallace-lite in Ariza. I'd much rather have Tayshaun Prince (and McDyess) for Odom. We need that thuggin mentality. Way too many soft players on the team right now with no passion.
Odom Light: Less filling, Wastes great
crucifixion

Postby karacha on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:53 am

LO for Gerald? I'd do this. And if Mitch does, he's an evil genius. All the other things, Nazr... pick... that's all nice but not necessary. Gerald is so, so good. Super athletic, scores 20 ppg, shoots 47%, plays excellent D. Sure, he will have to improve his jumper. I don't think that's a very hard task at all. Here's a SF who can score and defend. Not to mention he's a walking "posterizer."
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:15 am

I jump into this Wallace thread for updates and see people hating on SWOL? C'mon now. SWOL is the man...and I agree with him fully on Jefferson over Wallace. Jefferson would make our offense more dynamic and our defense would improve slightly. Wallace does nothing for us offensively since he would be a 3rd 1/2 option and he's not exactly a lights out shooter. Defensively he would be sweet, but I think the defensive upgrade of having him over Jefferson is negated by his injury history + contract length.
Savory Griddles

Postby khmrP on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 am

man you guys are funny you call G. Walls glass man but yet when have we had Odom for an entire season? Even with however many concusion he had this year Wallace still played 62 games and I agree only reason hes out so often is because of his no fear attitude and letting it all on the court. I'm not sure who I would like but I think anything is an upgrade to Odom, sorry Odom fans its been 4 yrs. since he's been here and most of us still have the same complaints bout his game, while some of you say he is who he is why should we settle for a player like that? Why not get someone who actually improves his game year after year?
khmrP

Postby mapabu1 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:01 am

Wallace is an upgrade at the 3 position over LO because he can defend.
mapabu1

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 am

mapabu1 wrote:Wallace is an upgrade at the 3 position over LO because he can defend.

Wallace is an upgrade at 3 over LO simply because he's a better 3 period. LO is a uniquely gifted and talented 4. As a 3 he's not very good. People have called LO a tweener and I don't think it's accurate. He's found his niche at the 4.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Psychobroker on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:26 am

Amongst:Kings wrote:why do you guys even talk about the 9th pick?

Lamar for Gerald is pretty even for both sides, maybe we can throw in Mihm (cheap big man who expires) for Nazr but thats the best it gets.

Why in the world would they trade someone who all of you are drooling over for equal value and then just "throw in" a top ten pick which could draft a future star. Haha some of you are crazzzy

And honestly? Nazr is 5x better than Mihm. He's a borderline starter, plays solid post defense, can block shots, and actually has some post game.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby mapabu1 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:27 am

What is the exact proposed deal since Odom makes more than Wallace
mapabu1

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:35 am

mapabu1 wrote:What is the exact proposed deal since Odom makes more than Wallace

The deal that last stand proposed was this:

Lamar
Vlad
58th pick

for

Wallace
Nazr
38th pick

The Lakers are moving up to draft George Hill though I think they need a big than anything.
Radner

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 am

John3:16 wrote:IMO, he's a top 5 - 8 defender on the wing. He takes it to the bucket hard (ala Kobe) and wouldn't see the best defenders because they'd be too focused on Kobe.

His contract only means we have him for the duration of the dynasty.
yeah on the inactive list. :man10: How are his cheerleading skills? Will he give Ronny a run for his money?
Last edited by karlmalonefan on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
karlmalonefan

Postby mapabu1 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 am

I like that deal, thanks Radner
mapabu1

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 am

slimjim wrote:Mitch has flat out apologized to odom for all the trade rumours going around.

mitch has said they are happy with the current team. and yes, he directly said no to trading odom publicly.

just because someone calls for odom in a trade, doesn't mean it's likely going to happen.

Yes, Mitch is so confident in keeping Lamar that he has extended his contract. Oh wait. That didn't happen. :man10:
jimbo327

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors