Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Postby Amongst:Kings on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:11 am

of course Mitch won't say we are trading Odom who wants him...

And is our FO happy with the team. YES. We just got tot he finals missing our best bigman. Could we be happier? YES. Lets wait and see.
Amongst:Kings

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:12 am

^^^ And don't forget about Buss. You know he wants to keep his money flowing throughout 2010+.

People shouldn't be surprised if we end up with a lottery pick if the Bobcats' deal somehow falls through.
Radner

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:27 am

Radner wrote:^^^ And don't forget about Buss. You know he wants to keep his money flowing throughout 2010+.

People shouldn't be surprised if we end up with a lottery pick if the Bobcats' deal somehow falls through.

You mean a straight up trade of Odom for the 9th pick? I think that only happens if Artest is a guarantee as far as opting out and signing with us. And if Odom is getting shipped out (Artest loves Odom) there's no way he's gonna guarantee that with us.
Savory Griddles

Postby khmrP on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:28 am

nice Radner!!! this draft might be pretty exciting after all....do you think Lakers would keep the pick if they got it or move it with Puke for an expiring or something?
khmrP

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:29 am

Savory Griddles wrote:
Radner wrote:^^^ And don't forget about Buss. You know he wants to keep his money flowing throughout 2010+.

You mean a straight up trade of Odom for the 9th pick? I think that only happens if Artest is a guarantee as far as opting out and signing with us. And if Odom is getting shipped out (Artest loves Odom) there's no way he's gonna guarantee that with us.

So you're sayin' there's a chance??? YEAH!!! :jam2:

...wait a minute...what was all that "one in a million" talk?
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 am

Lakerjones wrote:
westcoast21 wrote:Gerald Wallace is the defensive player we need at the three. But basically we would be taking on a big contract for more defense and less rebounds, take a look at the career averages for both Odom and Wallace:

Wallace
11.6 ppg
5.0 rpg
1.8 apg
47% field goal percentage
30% 3-point percentage
66% from the free throw line

Odom
15.6 ppg
8.9 rpg
4.4 apg
46% field goal percentage
31% 3-point percentage
70% from the free throw line

The only think Wallace has over Lamar is his defensive ability. So because of that, Odom for Wallace should not be done. Even though we need defensive, there has to be a better deal for us. Unless the LA, CHA, and NJ 3 way will start up again.

Not a fair assessment. Look at LO's rebounding stats as a SF not a PF. LO dominates the boards, his best attribute for us at the PF position. As a SF his numbers go WAY down. I believe he was averaging about 5-6 a game as SF. He played SF for half a year the first year Phil returned and for his early games this year. At that time this season I remember checking in and seeing him averaging something like 5.3. He was returning from injury, granted, but the real issue is that he was camping out at the 3 point line once again like the last time he played SF for us. He was OUT OF REBOUNDING POSITION AT THE 3. That's the bottom line. He isn't a good fit for us at 3. Wallace is improved Defense at 3 (Lamar can't cover 3's) and still rebounds well.
Don't most SF average 5-6 rebounds per game? And aren't most SF's out of position for rebounds? :man10: Here are his numbers at SF at the beginning of the season (2007-2008):

So LO at the 3 (coming off knee and shoulder surgery/no training camp/missed 1st four games of the season):

vs Minny: 7/10 FG 18 pts 10 reb
vs SA: 6/9 FG 12 pts 6 reb 4 assists.
vs Hou: 4/10 FG 10 pts 7 reb fouled out (back to back game)
vs Det: 9/15 FG 25 pts 15 reb
vs Chi: 3/7 FG 9 pts 6 reb

He then goes to PF for a few games unless you want to say that Vlad was our PF.

vs Bos: his famous 4 and 5 game. however, I'm not sure how much time he spent at SF. Ronny only played 23 minutes Vlad 29 and had a good game. btw Andrew only had 4 points that game along with 9 boards. Perkins went for 21 and 9. KG 21 and 11. Celtics were the same team we met in the Finals, basically. From then on Ronny got hurt and Vlad started, so he went back to PF.

He actually averaged 8.2 rebounds per game at SF. Not sure where you got 5.3
Last edited by karlmalonefan on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
karlmalonefan

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:46 am

Savory Griddles wrote:

No, I mean a pick along with other players.
Radner

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:49 am

Radner wrote:
mapabu1 wrote:What is the exact proposed deal since Odom makes more than Wallace

The deal that last stand proposed was this:

Lamar
Vlad
58th pick

for

Wallace
Nazr
38th pick

The Lakers are moving up to draft George Hill though I think they need a big than anything.

Man anything that gets Vlad off the team makes me happy...

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:50 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
lakefansac wrote:As much as Dr. Buss is a great owner, he also is known as a tightwad, penny pincher who wants to spend as less as possible.

Where the hell did you get that?

Dr. Buss isn't going to just throw away money on a lackluster team because he's an intelligent business man, but he has shown a willingness to go well above the salary cap (& into the luxury tax) if it puts an elite team on the floor as evidenced by our trade for Gasol earlier this year.

If he was such a "tightwad", he wouldn't have given that deal the green light because it is going to result in a TON more salary that he's on the hook for as well as a lot of luxury tax penalty payments.
He's confusing Buss with Donald Sterling. :man10:
karlmalonefan

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:53 am

lakerman24 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:im not really high on this deal....g-wallace cant hit the 3...im not very sure about this...G-wallace isnt battle tested like Lamar...i'd hold off on this deal

Actually Gerald is a better 3 point shooter than Odom.
Odom 27%
Gerald 32%
Are those last years numbers or career?
karlmalonefan

Postby westcoast21 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:18 am

karlmalonefan wrote:
lakerman24 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:im not really high on this deal....g-wallace cant hit the 3...im not very sure about this...G-wallace isnt battle tested like Lamar...i'd hold off on this deal

Odom 27%
Gerald 32%

those are last years i believe. The career numbers have Odom at 31% and Wallace at 30% if i remember correctly.
westcoast21

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:46 am

Gerald Wallace would be able to compete with Luke for the role of Barry White.s voice at the Lakers Christmas production.

leakbrewergator

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:53 pm

leakbrewergator wrote:Gerald Wallace would be able to compete with Luke for the role of Barry White.s voice at the Lakers Christmas production.

Wallace has the Pippen voice.
Radner

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Radner wrote:
leakbrewergator wrote:Gerald Wallace would be able to compete with Luke for the role of Barry White.s voice at the Lakers Christmas production.

He kind of looks like Pippen too... jus a lil darker

leakbrewergator

Postby iggypop123 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Radner wrote:

he has more comparisons to pippen other than that
iggypop123

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm

westcoast21 wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:
lakerman24 wrote:

Odom 27%
Gerald 32%

those are last years i believe. The career numbers have Odom at 31% and Wallace at 30% if i remember correctly.
wow what an upgrade in three point shooting. :man10:
karlmalonefan

Postby last stand on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:21 pm

i hope larry brown is so in love with odom

they send wallace, mohammed, and the 9th pick

i would cry tears of joy till october
last stand

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:23 pm

last stand wrote:i hope larry brown is so in love with odom

Maybe he and Riley will get in a bidding war. :man9:
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby last stand on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:26 pm

JSM wrote:
last stand wrote:i hope larry brown is so in love with odom

Maybe he and Riley will get in a bidding war. :man9:

gerald wallace to miami

lamar odom to charlotte

udonis haslem+nazr mohammed+2nd+9th picks

only kidding :man12: :man12:
last stand

Postby Pump UP the VOLUME on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:14 pm

yup
Pump UP the VOLUME

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 am

i'm gonna say no to gerald wallace. all he is to me is a decent scorer on a bad team, with good athletic ability

that's far from what this team needs
Pig Miller

Postby J.C. Smith on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:29 am

khmrP wrote:man you guys are funny you call G. Walls glass man but yet when have we had Odom for an entire season?

In the past five years Lamar Odom has 71.4 games per season (missing 11.6). Gerald Wallace has averaged 59.2 games per season, missing a whopping 22.8 games per season. He's missed twice as many games as Odom. The reality is that in a seven year career he has only played in more games than Odom has averaged over the past five (71+) just one time, playing 72 games once in his career.
J.C. Smith

Postby khmrP on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:47 am

J.C....its fine to compare the last couple of years but dont compare their career games, in case you forgot wallace came off the bench for during his 1st 3 years coming into the league.....IF you gona use stats why dont we look at consistency where it counts in terms of actual production rather then games played...Wallace pts, rebs, stls, ast has gone up every year while Odom stats fluctates ups/downs, his best year stats wise was that 1st yr w/Mia and even those #'s weren't even that much better then his 2nd yr. w/the clippers. Say what you will but I take a player who plays balls out every game then one who disappears and reappears as he wishes.
khmrP

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Cats just traded a future first to the Nuggets for the 20th pick.

Does that mean the 9th coming to LA? Probably not, but it's fun to speculate until we are let down tomorrow night.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby westcoast21 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:26 pm

JSM wrote:Cats just traded a future first to the Nuggets for the 20th pick.

Does that mean the 9th coming to LA? Probably not, but it's fun to speculate until we are let down tomorrow night.

those were my thoughts right away :man10:
westcoast21

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors