Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Postby Jajwa on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:03 pm

You mean accept?
Jajwa

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:35 am

Yahoo: Gerald Wallace has fallen so far out of favor with Charlotte owner Michael Jordan that the Bobcats will look to move the forward this summer.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BB on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:07 am

Amongst:Kings, the trade deadline is in February, not tomorrow. :)
BB

Postby The Maverick on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:12 am

JSM wrote:
Yahoo: Gerald Wallace has fallen so far out of favor with Charlotte owner Michael Jordan that the Bobcats will look to move the forward this summer.

Is there something I'm missing here?

I know he's got an injury history but he can't seriously be this bad? I don't watch many Bobcats games, but every time I've seen them Wallace has performed great and provided great defense.

I just don't get it.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby Radner on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:15 am

Amongst:Kings wrote:Well let's look at the Odom replacement list

Jefferson- GONE
Wallace- NOT HAPPENING
Mile Miller- GONE
#2 Pick, Haslem, Blount- NOT HAPPENING

Whos left?
Prince
Marion
Artest

Only three more people til everyone realizes that Odom is our starting SF next year.

I cant wait for everyone to accept that Odom is still going to be a Laker.

Since when did the season start in July?
Radner

Postby number8 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 am

The Maverick wrote:
JSM wrote:

I know he's got an injury history but he can't seriously be this bad? I don't watch many Bobcats games, but every time I've seen them Wallace has performed great and provided great defense.

I just don't get it.

Neither do I. MJ just signed the guy to huge extension last summer. What could he have done in one season to fall out of favor.
number8

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:42 am

number8 wrote:
The Maverick wrote:
JSM wrote:

I just don't get it.

Neither do I. MJ just signed the guy to huge extension last summer. What could he have done in one season to fall out of favor.

From the sound of it, he could be gotten. That's good. At least we've got one fall back plan in case the LO experiment fails yet again. That's assuming Wallace is still around by that point, which he may not be.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby live and die in LA on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:44 am

The Bobcats have no clue what they are doing. They are trying to trade Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace thinking thats why they are losing, when those 2 guys are the biggest reasons they win.
live and die in LA

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 am

Lakerjones wrote:
number8 wrote:
The Maverick wrote:
JSM wrote:

I just don't get it.

From the sound of it, he could be gotten. That's good. At least we've got one fall back plan in case the LO experiment fails yet again. That's assuming Wallace is still around by that point, which he may not be.

Odom, Farmar and Walton for Felton, Wallace and Carroll.

Solid trade for both teams. Bobcats get a solid backup pg. Odom can play pf to Okafur's center.

Okafur/Nazr
Odom/May
Walton/Morrison
Richardson/?
DJ/Farmar
Savory Griddles

Postby ElginTheGreat on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:40 am

live and die in LA wrote:The Bobcats have no clue what they are doing. They are trying to trade Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace thinking thats why they are losing, when those 2 guys are the biggest reasons they win.

This.

The Bobcats are dumb and I honestly think Luke Walton is a Larry Brown kind of player due to his mythical "high hoops IQ." Mitch should definitely try to see if we can get another steal here.
ElginTheGreat

Postby Radner on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:22 pm

If Sasha doesn't re-sign, then I look at doing this deal minus Wallace.

Trade Machine

We lose a shooter in Sasha but regain a new one in Carroll. The roster is more complete at every spot compared to before. We're taking on more salary ($630,000) but I think Charlotte could send us cash along with Nazr and Carroll.

Fish / Jordan
Kobe / Carroll
Lamar / Ariza / Najera
Pau / Ronny
Drew / Nazr / Mihm

If we can somehow trade Lamar for Artest, then I think the roster becomes great all around, defensively and offensively.
Radner

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 pm

live and die in LA wrote:The Bobcats have no clue what they are doing. They are trying to trade Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace thinking thats why they are losing, when those 2 guys are the biggest reasons they win.

i say we throw lamar+luke+farmar at them and run with our ski masks on

andrew
pau
wallace
kobe
felton

so we get younger by far and better
last stand

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:57 pm

last stand wrote:

i say we throw lamar+luke+farmar at them and run with our ski masks on

andrew
pau
wallace
kobe
felton

so we get younger by far and better

That's not that bad of a trade as far as robbery. Odom is the best all around player in the trade and the Cats new coach has a hard on for him. Wallace has injury concerns and Charlotte is blatantly trying to unload him. Felton is obviously not their pg of the future with the drafting of DJ. So we give them a slightly lesser pg in Farmar who is still young. We'd have to take on another contract if we wanted to include Walton, but it's really not that unfair. The problem is going to be someone like New York who is willing to give up a player like David Lee for Felton alone.
Savory Griddles

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:59 pm

Amongst:Kings wrote:Well let's look at the Odom replacement list

Jefferson- GONE
Wallace- NOT HAPPENING
Mile Miller- GONE
#2 Pick, Haslem, Blount- NOT HAPPENING

Whos left?
Prince
Marion
Artest

Only three more people til everyone realizes that Odom is our starting SF next year.

I cant wait for everyone to accept that Odom is still going to be a Laker.
You forgot Baron Davis. :man10:
karlmalonefan

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:00 pm

The Maverick wrote:
JSM wrote:

I just don't get it.
Kwame could probably fill you in. :mhihi:
karlmalonefan

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
number8 wrote:
The Maverick wrote:
JSM wrote:

I just don't get it.

Solid trade for both teams. Bobcats get a solid backup pg. Odom can play pf to Okafur's center.

Okafur/Nazr
Odom/May
Walton/Morrison
Richardson/?
DJ/Farmar
Dude, what are you smoking? Cuz I want a HIT! :smoker:
karlmalonefan

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:03 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:

This.

The Bobcats are dumb and I honestly think Luke Walton is a Larry Brown kind of player due to his mythical "high hoops IQ." Mitch should definitely try to see if we can get another steal here.
I think you're confusing LB with Phil.

LB=Team/play the right way
Phil=High IQ unathletic players, hence our roster.
karlmalonefan

Postby L4L on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Amongst:Kings wrote:I cant wait for everyone to accept that Odom is still going to be a Laker.

Not what people want to hear, but the most likely scenario.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
number8 wrote:
The Maverick wrote:
JSM wrote:

I just don't get it.

Okafur/Nazr
Odom/May
Walton/Morrison
Richardson/?
DJ/Farmar

LOVING THIS!!!! DO IT MITCH. NOW. :bow: :bow: :bow: :jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby L4L on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:18 pm

Bobcats ideas here.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Re: Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Postby bbll on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:06 pm

trade vlad for wallace. keep lo and try to get naza
bbll

Postby Kou on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:49 pm

bbll wrote:trade vlad for wallace. keep lo and try to get naza

I dont think they want to get rid of Wallace that badly.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby Lakers323342 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:16 am

trade lo, luke, for wallace and 1st round draft pick.
Lakers323342

Postby Whatthef? on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Lakers need a pt. guard now, how about Walton for Felton.
Whatthef?

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:47 pm

Whatthef? wrote:Lakers need a pt. guard now, how about Walton for Felton.

Not a great fit for us, but I do like Felton. I'd be more interested in moving LO for Gerald Wallace or Mike Miller personally. Either move would complete our starting 5 nicely and I think Powell has shown he can be that first big man off the bench instead of Lamar.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors