Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Re: Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Postby The LeBrons on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:18 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Whatthef? wrote:Lakers need a pt. guard now, how about Walton for Felton.

Not a great fit for us, but I do like Felton. I'd be more interested in moving LO for Gerald Wallace or Mike Miller personally. Either move would complete our starting 5 nicely and I think Powell has shown he can be that first big man off the bench instead of Lamar.

Hell, Rad is playing well at the 4.
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby GNC on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:36 am

walton for felton?? where do i sign!
GNC

Postby diehard on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Odom for Wallace and Felton works salary wise :jam2:
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Postby SignPippenNow on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:12 pm

I could see LA offering Odom, Mihm and Charlotte's NO. 2 pick they owe LA this year for Wallace and Felton. That would work salary wise and allow Bobcats to get a young player (second round pick) and two expiring K's. Also heard that LA could be looking at Mihm for Lue
SignPippenNow

Postby KB24=MVP3 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:49 pm

This is the trade I want to happen http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... cash=16:13 I made an post about it in the trade rumors Ideal ,
KB24=MVP3

Postby Helljumper on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:19 pm

I'd love to trade Odom + filler for Wallace and Felton but what would we do when Farmar comes back?

EDIT: BTW, I just found out that Felton's best shooting year was at 41% (last year) and every other year, including this year, his field goal percentage has been in the 30's. That is REALLY bad.
Helljumper

Postby rated-rdb on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:33 pm

we cant use both 7 footers teams will spread us out n kill us like last years finals cant u guys see that so one of the big guys have to go...........gasol and vlad to bobcats for diaw and felton==========bobcats would have gasol==okafor==wallace==bell== dj...............lakers have bynum - diaw -odom - kobe -felton=========or=========bynum diaw arzia kobe felton
rated-rdb

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:58 pm

rated-rdb wrote:we cant use both 7 footers teams will spread us out n kill us like last years finals cant u guys see that so one of the big guys have to go...........gasol and vlad to bobcats for diaw and felton==========bobcats would have gasol==okafor==wallace==bell== dj...............lakers have bynum - diaw -odom - kobe -felton=========or=========bynum diaw arzia kobe felton

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Gasol made us the title contender we are today and you want to unload him for complete garbage? What the hell?!? Gasol's midrange J has been automatic and he's fitting nicely with Andrew right now. Oh, and Diaw is lazy, steaming, hot garbage. I wouldn't take him for nothing, much less our most consistent player.

Did Pau dump in your cereal or something? :man3:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The LeBrons on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Helljumper wrote:I'd love to trade Odom + filler for Wallace and Felton but what would we do when Farmar comes back?

EDIT: BTW, I just found out that Felton's best shooting year was at 41% (last year) and every other year, including this year, his field goal percentage has been in the 30's. That is REALLY bad.

Remember he'd be playing on an absolutely loaded team with Kobe and Pau. His FG % would go up no doubt.
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Re:

Postby TKainZero on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:23 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:im not really high on this deal....g-wallace cant hit the 3...im not very sure about this...G-wallace isnt battle tested like Lamar...i'd hold off on this deal

You got to be kidding me....

You say Odom is battle tested...

DID YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SAW???

Thats like saying... Ill take those battle-tested french soilders that retreated across the channel, because they are battle tested, over the Raw, Americans who had not entered the War...

If you know someone is terrible... and it has been PROVEN that they are terrible... why would you want to stick with the terrible...

You have 8000+ posts... i hope the rest of them had a little more thought put into them then this
100 people see fire.
99 start screaming and getting hysterical over all the smoke.
I start looking for the cause.

Concern yourselves with the Problems, not the Symptoms.
TKainZero

Re:

Postby DjSmith#24 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:50 pm

BadScooter wrote:There really are pros and cons to every player we could conceivably bring in:

-Artest: good 3pt shooter, finishes at the rim well, tough as nails, plays great D / effin' crazy

-RJ: good 3pt shooter and slasher, decent defender / not Ron Artest, soft and in love with Luke

-Marion: good 3 pt shooter/slasher, solid defender / old, emo (we're not allowed to say "w----"? as in "attention w----"? It's the oldest profession in the world!)

-James Posey: good 3 pt shooter, tough vet presence, solid D / Celtic, dirty c---sucker

-Gerald Wallace: great defender, tough, slasher / so-so 3pt shot, Mr. Glass

or maybe even cutino mobley - good ft shooter. great 3pt shot pretty solid mid range
DjSmith#24

Postby Ubershorty on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 pm

I would only do it if the Bobcats gave up Raymond Felton also, even if we had to give up Farmar. And maybe would could throw in Luke and May as well.
PG: Felton/ Fish
SG: Kobe/ Sasha
SF: Wallace/ Ariza
PF: Gasol/ May
C: Bynum/ Mihm
Ubershorty

Postby kobe_008 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Why don't we go after Roye and mike miller?
kobe_008

Postby rebounds67 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:50 am

i dont know why the lakers would entertain any trade offers on anyone in their core right after winning the championship. don't fix what isn't broken
rebounds67

Postby bystander on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:11 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:Did Pau dump in your cereal or something? :man3:

Dude, ....

I've just had a vision in my mind reading you of a 7 footer dumping in a bowl with cereals and dude, it was no good for a guy like me who have just wake up a couple of minutes ago.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby SignPippenNow on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:30 am

rated-rdb wrote:we cant use both 7 footers teams will spread us out n kill us like last years finals cant u guys see that so one of the big guys have to go...........gasol and vlad to bobcats for diaw and felton==========bobcats would have gasol==okafor==wallace==bell== dj...............lakers have bynum - diaw -odom - kobe -felton=========or=========bynum diaw arzia kobe felton

If the Lakers traded a 7 footer they would be complete fools to trade Pau instead of Bynum, but they aren't going to trade neither of them nor should they. If they did, it wouldn't be for complete garbage.
SignPippenNow

Postby sportsprodigy on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:11 pm

I would take Gerald Wallace

IMO
The Lakers Dynasty

Make Money Online Doing Surveys, Free, Easy, Safe
http://www.earnmoneycashcrate.webs.com
sportsprodigy

Postby NobodyKnows41 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:13 pm

No! :bang: :bang: :bang:
NobodyKnows41

Postby Kent K25 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Nothing quite like digging up an old thread and not looking at the dates....assuming the info is current. LOL
Kent K25

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:28 pm

I have a better trade that both helps our team talent wise and financially. S&T Odum to contract for 42 mil 4 years with the contract being low end so that the first year starts at 9 mil. Then add the contracts of Fisher, Luke, and Sasha this will bring the trade value to 24 mil. In return we get J.Oneal's expiring contract and J.Moon as a throw in. Miami will buy out Fisher for 3 mil and then we resign him for the Bi-annual.Thats the basic senario, I would prefer to get Dequan Cook instead of moon, but either one will due. This trade will give us an Ariza type of player in Moon and a beast of a foward-center that can back up both Bynum and Gasol. Since this would be O'neals contract year he will be at his best. We only lose three players in this deal and save a ton cash for 2010. I hate to see Lamar leave but this great opportunity for the lakers. This also helps the heat because of the expience of luke, sasha and odum. With this trade we will beast on defense and the heat will be one the top three teams in the east. After this deal, next years salery will be somewhere between 65 mil and 70 mil. Maybe less.
AztecaEmperor

Postby soonerboy824 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:04 am

AztecaEmperor wrote:I have a better trade that both helps our team talent wise and financially. S&T Odum to contract for 42 mil 4 years with the contract being low end so that the first year starts at 9 mil. Then add the contracts of Fisher, Luke, and Sasha this will bring the trade value to 24 mil. In return we get J.Oneal's expiring contract and J.Moon as a throw in. Miami will buy out Fisher for 3 mil and then we resign him for the Bi-annual.Thats the basic senario, I would prefer to get Dequan Cook instead of moon, but either one will due. This trade will give us an Ariza type of player in Moon and a beast of a foward-center that can back up both Bynum and Gasol. Since this would be O'neals contract year he will be at his best. We only lose three players in this deal and save a ton cash for 2010. I hate to see Lamar leave but this great opportunity for the lakers. This also helps the heat because of the expience of luke, sasha and odum. With this trade we will beast on defense and the heat will be one the top three teams in the east. After this deal, next years salery will be somewhere between 65 mil and 70 mil. Maybe less.

that actually wouldnt be all that bad....

in fact itd be great if we could part with sasha and lukes awful contracts. if we did that tho we would need to then go after another guard, prolly someone from the warriors like morrow to backup kobe and artest
soonerboy824

Postby wydellmd on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:34 am

soonerboy824 wrote:
AztecaEmperor wrote:I have a better trade that both helps our team talent wise and financially. S&T Odum to contract for 42 mil 4 years with the contract being low end so that the first year starts at 9 mil. Then add the contracts of Fisher, Luke, and Sasha this will bring the trade value to 24 mil. In return we get J.Oneal's expiring contract and J.Moon as a throw in. Miami will buy out Fisher for 3 mil and then we resign him for the Bi-annual.Thats the basic senario, I would prefer to get Dequan Cook instead of moon, but either one will due. This trade will give us an Ariza type of player in Moon and a beast of a foward-center that can back up both Bynum and Gasol. Since this would be O'neals contract year he will be at his best. We only lose three players in this deal and save a ton cash for 2010. I hate to see Lamar leave but this great opportunity for the lakers. This also helps the heat because of the expience of luke, sasha and odum. With this trade we will beast on defense and the heat will be one the top three teams in the east. After this deal, next years salery will be somewhere between 65 mil and 70 mil. Maybe less.

That would actually be a good deal. I would even push for Beasly instead of Moon, but that may not happen.
If Lamar really want's to go to Miami, I say we do this deal. Oneal would be a fairly good backup center, and we could play Beasly at the three, if we don't get beasly then we put Morrison at the three. I also like the idea of Oneals, huge contract coming off the books. We may have some money to be a player in the 2010 free agent sweepsteaks. Maybe w even land James. That's wishful thinking though.
wydellmd

Postby rocco on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Pump UP the VOLUME wrote:Ok. Take this in what ever way you want. I'm just reporting what I read in another forum:

Hello. Some might remember me from Last summer. Just a heads up that the Lakers and Bobcats are in serious trade talks involving Lamar Odom and Gerald Wallace again. Talks got jump started by agent Rob Pelinka a couple of days ago. As some of you know Pelinka is the agent of Kobe, Fisher, Sasha, and Gerald Wallace.

This is what another member responded:
I remember this guy from last summer. He was the one that was right on target about the 3 team trade between LA, NJ, and Charlotte that came out of the blue. But if I remember right he was also off on another trade. So who knows. But he seems to know something about Pelinka.

We don't need another small forward, since we already have Artest. If we trade Lamar, it will only be for a power forward.
As a matter of fact, today ESPN.com anounced that Memphis are interested in sign & trade deal for PF Hakim Warrick, or to make him UFA. Either way, the Lakers should look at this oportunity to get a young and wery talented forward as Hakim.
rocco

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors