Rumor: Bobcats in serious trade talks with Lakers

Postby Shortodom on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:01 pm

hhhmmm.. this guy was last on my list of potential SF's we could get, not because i think he is a sorry player but because i haven't seen him play that much and know almost nothing about him.
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby Chicano on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Try to get league pass, it's awesome.
Chicano

Postby Radner on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:03 pm

last stand wrote:why not just make it simple and do the

vlad+odom+58 pick for gerald and nazr+38 pick

we get more depth and a higher pick to grab george hill

The Bobcats are short of four million, so they would have to use Carroll or re-sign Harrington to about four million.
Radner

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:03 pm

The LeBrons wrote:Oh ya, I forgot to ask, link?

up top somewhere

to lazy to copy and paste it though
last stand

Postby Mr. Raza on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Mr. Raza

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Radner wrote:

The Bobcats are short of four million, so they would have to use Carroll or re-sign Harrington to about four million.

i would definately take carroll

just so he doesn't throw 35 foot bank shot 3's in our face anymore
last stand

Postby aznromeo169 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:08 pm

as much as i like lamar odom, i love gerald wallace. although he's more of a legend in fantasy basketball with his kick [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] steals and blocks stat lines, he is definitely the definition of tough. although as someone mentioned, the guy already has 3 or 4 concussions which is unheard of for a basketball player, but it just shows that he lays his body on the line for everything.

for those who've never seen any of his blocks or dunks, check this out if it hasn't been posted

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I6phQvwUM8A
aznromeo169

Postby Podium on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Radner wrote:

Actually, they'd only be short about 700k, so that trade would work if they included Jermareo Davidson.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:10 pm

last stand wrote:check out this quote from the guy who broke the rumor

Yes they are willing to gamble on his health. Right now Wallace is #1 and the only 1 on the Lakers list.

i posted this earlier

it seems like its wallace or nothing

if this guy is credible of course
last stand

Postby Radner on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:12 pm

Podium wrote:
Radner wrote:

Actually, they'd only be short about 700k, so that trade would work if they included Jermareo Davidson.

Wallace is BYC. I don't know how reliable Trade Machine is but that's what I got.
Radner

Postby Podium on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Radner wrote:
Podium wrote:
Radner wrote:

Wallace is BYC. I don't know how reliable Trade Machine is but that's what I got.

I don't think he's BYC since he was signed with their cap space, and in any case, that would expire July 1st, so if he was he'd be able to be traded normally after then. Since the trade 'last stand' proposed included picks, they would just have to draft for each other and trade the picks a few days later.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Radner on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:19 pm

Podium wrote:
Radner wrote:
Podium wrote:
Radner wrote:

I don't think he's BYC since he was signed with their cap space, and in any case, that would expire July 1st, so if he was he'd be able to be traded normally after then. Since the trade 'last stand' proposed included picks, they would just have to draft for each other and trade the picks a few days later.

Okay..I wasn't clear on the whole BYC scenario. I was under the assumption that it stayed until the contract expired.
Radner

Postby LakersFan1211 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:21 pm

I'm down having Wallace but problems is his injury..><
LakersFan1211

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Radner wrote:
Podium wrote:
Radner wrote:
Podium wrote:
Radner wrote:

Okay..I wasn't clear on the whole BYC scenario. I was under the assumption that it stayed until the contract expired.

nothing to worry about i'm pretty sure if they really are discussing a deal they can work this stuff out
last stand

Postby HisAirness24 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Same "insider" said:

To add to this theory Roy Hibbert is working out for the Bobcats on Tuesday.

Are we somehow interested in Hibbert? Maybe the package includes the 9th pick (or is it 8th?) with G-Wall.

And then a guy contributing member there with 10k posts said:
Very interesting. I was listening to sportingnews satellite radio and they said there's a rumor going around that the Bobcats contacted the Lakers about Wallace for Odom. They didn't say what the Lakers response was, but this might have legs,

Rumor time is here. :man13: :man13: :man13:
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:31 pm

^^^^^^^

yes it most definately is that time of year

oh well last year was much more fun

i mean from JO a sure thing

to kobe meeting pau gasol in barcelona :man12:

to KG at a tennis match

to the famous ESPN constructed 4 team deal

definately not as fun as last year
last stand

Postby Phatal FaZe on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:32 pm

Not interested.

Wallace himself is pretty good, but his recent injuries and contract length make this impossible. First of all he has a 5 year contract, which is to long to be locked into a guy that could have a career ending injury right around the corner. He's had 3 or 4 concussions and one more will likely end it. For us to need a guy who bangs, who could literally bang himself out of the league very easily its kind of hard to do that.

Offensively he's better than Odom, but his jumpshot isn't particularly consistent.

Basically what we get is a better defender who's athletic and knock down a jumpshot here and there.

I don't consider it a large enough upgrade over Odom to take in his long contract and injury issues.

Mitch is to conservative to do this. He isn't making any trades other than those that are pure ace. And considering Odoms huge expiring contract, he'll get more opportunities this summer and even next fall to make a deal. There isn't any rush to jump into a poor situation. This team won 2 games against Boston without a starting center.
Phatal FaZe

Postby Shortodom on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:32 pm

Is Wallace that good? will he take us to the next level? i thought all he was good for was dunks but i guess he plays good D? Give me some info on his game please. Can he create his own shot? will he make his defender work?
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby Podium on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:33 pm

HisAirness24 wrote:Same "insider" said:

To add to this theory Roy Hibbert is working out for the Bobcats on Tuesday.

Are we somehow interested in Hibbert? Maybe the package includes the 9th pick (or is it 8th?) with G-Wall.

Per the Charlotte Observer, the Bobcats are trying to acquire a second first round pick somewhere in the 20s, presumably to get Hibbert.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_n ... ve-ey.html
Last edited by Podium on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:34 pm

Phatal FaZe wrote:Not interested.

Wallace himself is pretty good, but his recent injuries and contract length make this impossible. First of all he has a 5 year contract, which is to long to be locked into a guy that could have a career ending injury right around the corner. He's had 3 or 4 concussions and one more will likely end it. For us to need a guy who bangs, who could literally bang himself out of the league very easily its kind of hard to do that.

Offensively he's better than Odom, but his jumpshot isn't particularly consistent.

Basically what we get is a better defender who's athletic and knock down a jumpshot here and there.

I don't consider it a large enough upgrade over Odom to take in his long contract and injury issues.

Mitch is to conservative to do this. He isn't making any trades other than those that are pure ace. And considering Odoms huge expiring contract, he'll get more opportunities this summer and even next fall to make a deal. There isn't any rush to jump into a poor situation. This team won 2 games against Boston without a starting center.

mitch conservative

he was willing to put ecstasy in chris wallaces coffee

hes far from conservative
last stand

Postby 10scott10 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:35 pm

last stand wrote:^^^^^^^

to KG at a tennis match

that one was endless fun. wasn't that the lakers, pacers, celts, and wolves trade
10scott10

Postby The Greatest on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:39 pm

ive read three pages of posts and nobody has bothered to mention one big thing about wallace and probably the biggest thing the guy can get his own shot! He doesnt need kobe to spoon feed him the ball like pau does, he doesnt need kobe to give him a behind the back pass from the elbow for a dunk like lamar does. he doesnt need to be running in transition from coast to coast like lamar to be able to get points he simply can grab the ball dribble get by his initialy defender and get his shot! he can be a legitimate pippen. the guy was the man in charlotte he averaged 19 ppg thats a legitimate scorer. he knows how to get points and thats what we need.
The Greatest

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:40 pm

IMO, he's a top 5 - 8 defender on the wing. He takes it to the bucket hard (ala Kobe) and wouldn't see the best defenders because they'd be too focused on Kobe.

His contract only means we have him for the duration of the dynasty.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:42 pm

10scott10 wrote:
last stand wrote:^^^^^^^

to KG at a tennis match

that one was endless fun. wasn't that the lakers, pacers, celts, and wolves trade

the one that allegedly broke down because boston didn't want JO

they wanted KG

well that was a smart move
last stand

Postby J-Smoove5 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:43 pm

lol i'm reading the cats' forum and they are discussing a Bynum for Carrol and the #9 pick :man10:
J-Smoove5

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors