Rumor: Lakers looking to keep Odom, sign a FA from a list

Postby karlmalonefan on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:00 pm

BB wrote:I'll make my Odom analysis right now. First of all, Odom at the SF worries me big time. He has no jumpshot so the opposing team will probably sag in the paint off him that making driving really hard. It probably won't be such a problem until we will play some really good defensive teams ala the Celtics.

Now, stop with the mismatch crap. Stop overrating Odom's abilities. Yes, he is a good ball handler, but he is unable to go to the left. He always goes to his right and never squares up when he goes for a layup. Am I the only person around to notice these things?! His defensive lateral movement is really subpar. Boston exploited these things and a lot of teams will probably do the same.

I can name you a lot of players who will blow by Odom easily. Prince, Melo, Lebron, Pierce are some of them for instance. Now, Kobe has too much mileage now to do everything and even if I'm not someone who looks for excuses for him all the time, we really need a perimeter defensive stopper. We can't have him play all the important roles and do all the momentum changing things because that's impossible.

Now, another myth is that Odom will demand double teams. He will not. Kobe will demand the most attention, while Odom's player will just sag off him making doubling Kobe easier, while keeping an eye on sagging in the paint. By the way, when did Odom demanded a double team? I never saw this guy doubled in my whole life.
:man10:
karlmalonefan

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:07 pm

BB wrote:I'll make my Odom analysis right now. First of all, Odom at the SF worries me big time. He has no jumpshot so the opposing team will probably sag in the paint off him that making driving really hard. It probably won't be such a problem until we will play some really good defensive teams ala the Celtics.

Now, stop with the mismatch crap. Stop overrating Odom's abilities. Yes, he is a good ball handler, but he is unable to go to the left. He always goes to his right and never squares up when he goes for a layup. Am I the only person around to notice these things?! His defensive lateral movement is really subpar. Boston exploited these things and a lot of teams will probably do the same.

I can name you a lot of players who will blow by Odom easily. Prince, Melo, Lebron, Pierce are some of them for instance. Now, Kobe has too much mileage now to do everything and even if I'm not someone who looks for excuses for him all the time, we really need a perimeter defensive stopper. We can't have him play all the important roles and do all the momentum changing things because that's impossible.

Now, another myth is that Odom will demand double teams. He will not. Kobe will demand the most attention, while Odom's player will just sag off him making doubling Kobe easier, while keeping an eye on sagging in the paint. By the way, when did Odom demanded a double team? I never saw this guy doubled in my whole life.

I agree with everything except the fact that he only goes right. But I think you made a mistake because he does the the 100 degree opposite. He always goes to the left and ONLY the left.

If Odom's lack of an outside shot allowed the defenses to sag off him when he was playing pf, imagine what it will do when he's playing sf.
Savory Griddles

Postby Jajwa on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 pm

I think Pierce will eventually just start laughing. Heck you may even see them triple team inside and laugh when they try to get the ball into the post.
Jajwa

Postby BB on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:51 am

I fixed it now. Yes, I meant to say that he always goes to the left.
BB

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors