Rumor: Lakers looking to keep Odom, sign a FA from a list

Postby RobinHood on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Who?
RobinHood

Postby leakbrewergator on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:42 pm

I would definitely like to get James Posey. We saw how valueable he is off the bench.

I pray we dont get Najera or Wells. PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSE NO!!!!!!!

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby wallangong on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:45 pm

i'm going out on a limb and saying most of the rumors in that article don't happen.

and possibly Marion

for #6 and Marbury/Crawford?

NO WAYYYYYY. if i'm wrong, what a terrible deal.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Bonzi, Posey, or Najera?

Ugh. I'll take Najera.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Our FO disappoints once again, how many chances does Odom get? He's our chance to land a real SF that can play d and we continue to stick him in yet another spot and see if it works *shakes head*
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wallangong on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:55 pm

Weezy wrote:Our FO disappoints once again, how many chances does Odom get? He's our chance to land a real SF that can play d and we continue to stick him in yet another spot and see if it works *shakes head*

with all the reports that say we are shopping Odom, this is just one that says otherwise. How do we really know if NJ, CHA or any other teams with an SF we'd like really wants to trade their best SF for LO? Right before the trade deadline, i'm sure they could pull off a nice deal. I think right now too many teams are trying to make moves in the draft, and once the draft is done teams will really begin to evaluate their personnel.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby RobinHood on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Weezy wrote:Our FO disappoints once again, how many chances does Odom get? He's our chance to land a real SF that can play d and we continue to stick him in yet another spot and see if it works *shakes head*

You fail for believing some dude named Amico... CBS already reported that we're talking to Sacramento for a Ron and Odom swap with Thomas included.
RobinHood

Postby chug o nomics on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Posey would be a fantastic sign, even if he's a dirty player. Najera would be decent, but I hate that guy. Bonzi is washed up.
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Postby Radner on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:05 pm

I think Posey will eventually re-sign with Boston since their nucleus is pretty stable.

Najera looks like the most likely option since he's an aggressive defender. He's Mark Madsen all over again but we just need some toughness.
Radner

Postby SignPippenNow on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Guys I wouldn't freak out over this. I thought it was interesting and worth posting on the board, but I don't believe for one minute Lakers won't at least look into trading Odom. If they get Artest as a free agent and Odom would agree to come off bench (Manu type) then I could see Lakers keeping him and seeing if he would sign like 5 years 40 million in offseason if it worked. No one knows what is happening for sure and i just posted this because it had some interesting stuff in it. I work for a paper and a website and I can tell you don't believe everything you read.
SignPippenNow

Postby Jajwa on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Well it would be pretty damn stupid to go out and say yes we're trading Lamar we hate him.
Jajwa

Postby Perfecto on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:08 pm

The only reason to keep Odom right now is to test the waters with the triple tower frontline.
The Perfecto O Damns! Alba l Cuthbert l Beckinsale l Spears
Johansson l Rihanna l Panettiere l Baird l Cassie l Tweedy
Perfecto

Postby Jajwa on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Well it would be pretty damn stupid to go out and say yes we're trading Lamar we hate him.
Jajwa

Postby wallangong on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Radner wrote:I think Posey will eventually re-sign with Boston since their nucleus is pretty stable.

Najera looks like the most likely option since he's an aggressive defender. He's Mark Madsen all over again but we just need some toughness.

as unbelievable an disgusting as it is, he was actually the Nuggets most efficient 3pt shooter last year.
:man4:
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:23 pm

RobinHood wrote:

You fail for believing some dude named Amico... CBS already reported that we're talking to Sacramento for a Ron and Odom swap with Thomas included.

The reason I believe this report is because it's the most likely. Are we most likely to get value for Odom, or are we most likely to keep him and try him at yet another spot? At this rate we'll be trying him at center by year's end
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby RobinHood on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Weezy wrote:The reason I believe this report is because it's the most likely. Are we most likely to get value for Odom, or are we most likely to keep him and try him at yet another spot? At this rate we'll be trying him at center by year's end

At this rate no one knows whats more likely. but considering the fact that a lot of buzz is coming out about Odom then that makes me think hes gone.
RobinHood

Postby wallangong on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 pm

RobinHood wrote:
Weezy wrote:The reason I believe this report is because it's the most likely. Are we most likely to get value for Odom, or are we most likely to keep him and try him at yet another spot? At this rate we'll be trying him at center by year's end

At this rate no one knows whats more likely. but considering the fact that a lot of buzz is coming out about Odom then that makes me think hes gone.

whether he's gone or not, i don't think the buzz is any indication. He was the most obious candidate all along, so media outlets have run rampant with speculation. Like i said, i'm not saying he isn't going to get traded, but if history is any indication then this buzz means nothing.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby lakerman24 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:59 pm

JSM wrote:Bonzi, Posey, or Najera?

Ugh. I'll take Najera.

I would take Posey, if I can't have him then give me Wells.
lakerman24

Postby TIME on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:32 pm

Weezy wrote:Our FO disappoints once again

You mean the front office that drafted Bynum, kept Kobe, acquired Ariza for Cook, and Pau for Kwame? That disappointing FO? :man3:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby jbiggs on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:54 pm

sam amico is garbage
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:22 pm

TIME wrote:

You mean the front office that drafted Bynum, kept Kobe, acquired Ariza for Cook, and Pau for Kwame? That disappointing FO? :man3:

All I meant was that if this is true they are going to back to their old mentality. Last year was great, Ariza, Pau, and all that, but if we're yet again going to stick Odom in a new position and see how it pans out instead of getting a proven SF for him then yes I'm disappointed. To me that's standing still when moving forward is needed. I didn't say they suck or I hate them, just that they will be disappointing me like they did in in 05/06 and 06/07 when our starting PG was Smush and our starting Center was Kwame, yeah, that disappointing FO.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Calistrtballr on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:27 pm

odom better go for artest
Calistrtballr

Postby Larry14r on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Calistrtballr wrote:odom better go for artest

And the Kings will say no right away because they don't want to hand the larry o'bein torphy to us.
Larry14r

Postby Larry14r on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Weezy wrote:
TIME wrote:

All I meant was that if this is true they are going to back to their old mentality. Last year was great, Ariza, Pau, and all that, but if we're yet again going to stick Odom in a new position and see how it pans out instead of getting a proven SF for him then yes I'm disappointed. To me that's standing still when moving forward is needed. I didn't say they suck or I hate them, just that they will be disappointing me like they did in in 05/06 and 06/07 when our starting PG was Smush and our starting Center was Kwame, yeah, that disappointing FO.

Well if the Lakers anit going to get the trade they want then BLEEP it, and we better make sure Bynum's knee will be fine before you trade Odom because Bynum's health is the key factor in trading Odom.
Larry14r

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors