RUMOR: Odom and Kwame for KG on ESPN radio

Postby The Nugget on Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:10 am

SteveMachine wrote:I'd rather Lamar.
The Nugget

Postby wavy on Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:12 am

dagreatkobe wrote:Yea right. I dont even want KG anymore. He can take a HUGE paycut and sign with us in '09 (i think) if he want a championship.

Go Lamar!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
wavy

Postby kobejon on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:29 pm

O RLY??
kobejon

Postby senk1r on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:41 am

This is from sports Illustrated today.....

"Kevin Garnett lives in Malibu, Calif. He has an escape clause in his contract after next season. My guess is he uses it, even with $23 million left for one season, and joins Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom on the Lakers."
-- Chicago Tribune
senk1r

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:49 am

More speculation. I won't believe it until I see it.

But anyone here would be in crack not to do that trade. Landing KG without giving up Bynum is a no-brainer.

PG - Farmar
SF - Bryant
SF - Walton
PF - KG
C - Bynum

That team would be so incredibly deadly.
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby UKUGA on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:11 pm

My firm belief is that Kwame is worth more to us than anyone else, and that any trade like this would go down as one of the all-time coups.

Kwame looks "okay" as a Laker b/c he's playing for a great coach who knows how to get him in the best position to succeed.

Trade him to Minnesota - and all bets are off. Minny would simply sit back and let his contract expire, and then try and use the money to sign free agents - who probably wouldn't want to come to Minneapolis and play with Lamar Odom, who will probably be wanting to just retire at age 30 and return to New York and be with his family.

So - do this trade! :man1:
UKUGA

Postby Game Time on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:51 pm

Lamar & Kobe are a nice tandom but Kobe and Garnett would be instanst championship contenderes. Make it happen Mitch.
Los Angeles Lakers 1-1
Game Time

Postby diehard on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:10 pm

It will be interesting to see how Kwame comes back - how he plays and what his health is like. This could go a long way in determining if a trade goes down.

While it was joked about, it can't hurt that KG's cousin (Shammond Williams) and good friend (Maurice Evans) are on the team. Along with Kobe and the fact that KG has a house in Malibu, that would make KG very comfortable on the team and he could help make a trade happen; especially considering the Wolves would be getting some good pieces.

One problem is that the triangle can be a difficult offense to pick up, especially mid-season, and KG would have to learn on the fly. The good thing is that even at its basic level, with the talent that would be on the team we would be hard to beat.

While I feel for Odom and wish him nothing but the best, I would do this trade in a second. We would still have good depth and would have a lethal inside outside combination.

Farmar/Paker/Vujacic
Bryant/Evans
Walton/Radmanovic
Garnett/Turiaf/Cook
Bynum/Turiaf/(Mihm)
diehard

Postby Satan on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:19 pm

OK, I'm bored so I'll play...

What would KG's role on the team be?
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby diehard on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:38 pm

He would play the high post giving Bynum room to operate down low, and would roam the middle in our full court defense picking off passes and starting the break.

He would also be our reliable second scoring option out to the three point line and would be a solid low post defender/shot blocker.
diehard

Postby kroublees on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:40 pm

Satan wrote:OK, I'm bored so I'll play...

What would KG's role on the team be?

rebounder, second option, intimidator in the post(on defense), he is a good passer but wont run the offense luke would and also i believe that he would make us instant contenders

smush/farmar/shamond
kobe/evans/sasha
luke/radman
Garnett/turiaf/cookie
bynum/mihm :jam2: :jam2:
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby kroublees on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:32 am

i want kg :man5:
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby SWOL on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:04 am

IF THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED WE WOULD BE NASTY

FARMAR / SMUSH
KOBE / MO
LUKE / VLAD
KG / VLAD / COOK
BYNUM / TURIAF
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby kroublees on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:01 pm

SWOL wrote:IF THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED WE WOULD BE NASTY

FARMAR / SMUSH
KOBE / MO
LUKE / VLAD
KG / VLAD / COOK
BYNUM / TURIAF

exactly to bad its not gonna happen :man5:
kroublees

Postby 10scott10 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:52 pm

he is on the block
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-061118-19
It's the story every NBA fan outside of Minnesota wants to read someday. It might even be the story frustrated Wolves fans are ready to read now.

Kevin Garnett is officially, legitimately on the trading block.

Numerous NBA front-office sources reiterated to me this week that we're still not there yet, and not especially close to being there. But personally? I've changed my stance on this one.

After years of resisting the natural NBA writer's instinct to demand that the Wolves trade Garnett and start over, I've given in. Not even 10 games into the new season, I don't see enough hope for Minnesota to continue down this path … assuming you can call it a path.

I simply struggle to see -- with the Wolves possessing such limited trade assets beyond KG himself -- how they can improve the cast around him to avoid slipping farther and farther away in a deeper-than-ever West.

go to the link for more
10scott10

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:00 pm

Unfortunately for us there's no way to get him unless we give up Odom. Odom and Bynum I think is too much, Odom and Kwame is better, but still man I don't want to lose Odom. What is KG doing this year better than Odom, probably not much?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Klewfish on Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:25 pm

Weezy wrote:Unfortunately for us there's no way to get him unless we give up Odom. Odom and Bynum I think is too much, Odom and Kwame is better, but still man I don't want to lose Odom. What is KG doing this year better than Odom, probably not much?

Scoring, Rebounding, being aggressive, blocking, stealing, carrying a team.

Odom has better assist numbers, and can shoot the three.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:29 pm

The numbers are comparable, they aren't that far apart.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:43 pm

SPECIAL WEEKEND EDITION
It's time to trade Kevin GarnettBy Marc Stein, ESPN.com

Editor's note: ESPN.com senior NBA writer Marc Stein supplies each item for this around-the-league notebook edition of the Daily Dime.
It's the story every NBA fan outside of Minnesota wants to read someday. It might even be the story frustrated Wolves fans are ready to read now.

Kevin Garnett is officially, legitimately on the trading block.
Numerous NBA front-office sources reiterated to me this week that we're still not there yet, and not especially close to being there. But personally? I've changed my stance on this one.

After years of resisting the natural NBA writer's instinct to demand that the Wolves trade Garnett and start over, I've given in. Not even 10 games into the new season, I don't see enough hope for Minnesota to continue down this path … assuming you can call it a path.

I simply struggle to see -- with the Wolves possessing such limited trade assets beyond KG himself -- how they can improve the cast around him to avoid slipping farther and farther away in a deeper-than-ever West.

Let's be realistic.

Even if Garnett opts out of his contract in the summer of 2008 as expected and walks away from an '08-09 salary of $23 million, he still will have banked more than $200 million by then. He'll be 32 that summer and, maybe more than any other player in history, could comfortably afford signing wherever he wants for the mid-level exception.

It's not like he needs another max deal. Chicago? Lakers? Maybe KG's willing to take a pay cut, in the tradition of Karl Malone and Gary Payton, to go to Phoenix and play with Steve Nash. Or, say, New Jersey with Jason Kidd.
Which would leave the Wolves with nothing.

I know it's difficult for Wolves diehards to envision such a catastrophe, knowing that: A) Garnett hasn't and probably won't ever tell the Wolves that he wants out, and that B) Garnett is so loyal to the frozen tundra he calls 'Sota that it seems highly unlikely he'd bolt without compensation.

Fine.

But organizations have to protect themselves against worst-case scenarios. Organizations typically prosper when they're proactive. It seems awfully risky for the Wolves to go through another season (or more) of misery, not knowing how that might eat into Garnett's resolve or affect his determination to relocate.

The Wolves have missed the playoffs for two straight seasons. If that drought stretches to three or four -- not hard to envision given Minnesota's lack of depth, rebounding and dependable size apart from KG -- then what?

The longer the Wolves wait, if they're eventually going to have to trade him anyway, can only hurt them leverage-wise. Trading him this season, as opposed to delaying the inevitable, is more likely to net Minnesota the package of quality youth, size and draft picks it would naturally want in return.

The Bulls are the most natural trading partner because they're in a different conference and stocked with trade pieces: Tyrus Thomas, Luol Deng or Ben Gordon, P.J. Brown's expiring contract and the Knicks' first-round pick, for starters.

Contenders in the West, if the Wolves could stomach that, would be lining up as well: Phoenix, Dallas and certainly others. The Lakers' interest, furthermore, is no secret, with Kobe Bryant and Garnett seemingly an ideal tag team given KG's well-chronicled unselfishness … and Garnett maintaining an offseason residence in Malibu … and two tantalizing big men (Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum) for the Wolves to go after.

Not that I'm expecting my pleas to rouse the Wolves into action. Folks who've observed Garnett more closely and longer than I have insist that he yearns to be the Twin Cities' hoops answer to Kirby Puckett -- from a one team-only standpoint -- and finish his career there at all costs. Which only makes it tougher for the Wolves to contemplate moving him.

Will Garnett move off that stance if it puts his legacy at risk? If it means that one trip to the West finals and a scant playoff résumé beyond that is the extent of what we get from one of the most gifted 7-footers this game has ever seen?

We'll see.

In the interim? Doubts about Wolves coach Dwane Casey surviving the season have been in circulation for some time, but the Wolves' next big move, according to team insiders, is to transfer control of the front office at season's end from the under-fire Kevin McHale to Fred Hoiberg, one of KG's all-time favorite teammates. Perhaps that will brighten Garnett's outlook after an increasing frostiness in his relationship with McHale, who drafted him No. 5 overall out of high school in 1995.

Yet no matter who's running the personnel department, it's pretty safe to say that only one man can decide if we'll ever be reading about a tangible Garnett trade. The theory I'm borrowing from one Eastern Conference executive is that it'll take Wolves owner Glen Taylor coming out and telling all of 'Sota that it was his call … that it was in the Wolves' and Garnett's best interests to start anew.

I can't imagine McHale wants to make trading KG his farewell move after absorbing much of the blame locally for the Wolves' recent demise. Nor would trading Garnett be a very appetizing intro to GM-ing for Hoiberg.

Until Taylor is ready to move on -- and he recently told Minneapolis' weekly City Pages newspaper that he could only reach that point through mutual consent with Garnett -- the trade talk that tantalizes armchair GMs everywhere isn't much more than that.

Talk.
lilkhmerkid4u

Postby Massacre on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:47 pm

I'll kill myself if he goes to Phoenix.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby DMK on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:39 am

KG for Kwame and Odom... not happening... sorry.

We dish Kwame, ho backs up bynum? Mihm? oooohhh thats right, mihm is done for his life...

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby kroublees on Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:47 pm

DMK wrote:KG for Kwame and Odom... not happening... sorry.

We dish Kwame, ho backs up bynum? Mihm? oooohhh thats right, mihm is done for his life...
turiaf he can muscle it down there
kroublees

Postby bb7793 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:18 pm

Why not LO, COok mckie and smush
bb7793

Postby kroublees on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:38 pm

bb7793 wrote:Why not LO, COok mckie and smush
why would minnesota take our trash?
i hope
you were being sarcastic
kroublees

Postby MVP~Kobe~81 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:58 pm

I got an idea.. Let's lose one more game and trade Kobe, Lamar, Bynum, Kwame, Cook, Farmar, Sasha, Mihm (sorry you have to go too), Phil Jackson, Turiaf, the water/ towel boy, Kareem, Magic, Dr. Buss for KG!! :man10:
MVP~Kobe~81

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors