RUMOR: Odom and Kwame for KG on ESPN radio

Postby kroublees on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:37 pm

MVP~Kobe~81 wrote:I got an idea.. Let's lose one more game and trade Kobe, Lamar, Bynum, Kwame, Cook, Farmar, Sasha, Mihm (sorry you have to go too), Phil Jackson, Turiaf, the water/ towel boy, Kareem, Magic, Dr. Buss for KG!! :man10:
who would want to take our trash come on seriously who would want kobe or phil :man11:
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby Azndude2190 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:55 pm

Odom is waaay to inconsistant.One night he'll give you 22-10-7 and the next he'll give you the fraction of those numbers.Trade Odom along with are expiring K's and draft picks for KG.

Farmar/Parker/Wlliams
Bryant/Evans/Vujacic
Walton/Vlad
KG/Turiaf/Cook
Bynum/Brown

:man1: :man1: :man1:
Azndude2190

Postby jandrew on Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:27 am

GO LAMAR!
jandrew

Postby Danny Ainge on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:29 pm

DMK wrote:KG for Kwame and Odom... not happening... sorry.

We dish Kwame, ho backs up bynum? Mihm? oooohhh thats right, mihm is done for his life...
Heres a reasonable trade for both sides.

KG & Blount

for

Lamar, Kwame, Mihm, McKie (future picks/cash consideration)
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:51 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:

We dish Kwame, ho backs up bynum? Mihm? oooohhh thats right, mihm is done for his life...

KG & Blount

for

You have to do it.

Bynum
Garnett
Walton
Kobe
Farmar

That team would be the favorite to win it all next year.
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby bb7793 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:59 pm

Not bad but I would try to pry a young guy away from them especially since we are taking Blount. I would almost say toss Sasha in that trade and give us Hudson instead
bb7793

Postby Azndude2190 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:24 pm

I dont want to get KG if that means overhauling are whole roster.I'm only willing to give up Odom,Mihm,Mckie,and future picks. My idea sounds reasonable:

They essentially get a poor man's KG in Odom.
Mihm+Mckie=5.5mil worth of expiring K's
Future picks=grab some young players.

For us:

KG enough said.
We cut are losses with both Mihm and Mckie.
We dont need anymore young projects.
Azndude2190

Postby Dyeggoo on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:58 am

KG isn't worth that much. He's old, he would do great with Kobe, but we have younger players, who can play longer. Odom is doing good job in this season, so i don't want to trade him for some grandpa. I don't count Mihm and McKie, because they're useless (Mihm because he has his back problems, McKie is useless just because he is :man9: )
Dyeggoo

Postby Lakerskobebryant24 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:26 pm

Are you kidding, we don't want KG for Lamar and Kwame.

Lamar has learned how to play the triangle and play with kobe now. Didn't you hear PJ will not trade Lamar. Kwame has been playing so well lately and you want to trade him too.

Why?
Lakerskobebryant24

Postby bleed purple n gold on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:52 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:

KG & Blount

for

You have to do it.

Bynum
Garnett
Walton
Kobe
Farmar

That team would be the favorite to win it all next year.

The next 5 years.

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby Helljumper on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:06 pm

We lose a lot of depth with this trade.

We need someone like Kwame to back up Bynum.
Helljumper

Postby jlkr on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:36 pm

It's not official. That quote is definitely out of context. That said, Minny would be fools not to at least explore via back channels what they can get for him.

Last year, Kwame and Odom for KG would have been a no-brainer. This year, I am not so sure. Look how Kwame is playing now, that depth at center is great. A whole season of that and the Lakers will go into the playoffs in great shape in the post. Lamar is playing well too. In addition to which both are much younger than KG. Heck, Brown may be able to command a better price next summer if he keeps this up for the rest of the season. That assumes that the Lakers would resign Mihm for cheap to be Bynum's backup.

If Mitch could get them to take Lamar, Mihm and other players not named Brown, Bryant and Bynum, I think I'd be OK with that.

The ideal situation would be KG opts out and joins the Lakers next year for MLE. So we should hope that a trade doesn't happen for someone else because the receiving team will most definitely demand an assurance from KG that he won't opt out and leave them high and dry.
jlkr

Postby marcelo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:58 pm

Getting KG would be awesome, but i dont know if some of u guys feel the same.. Im almost curious to see what this team can do, with maybe a deadline addition..
Of course, that's now how it goes in the NBA.. this is business, if u got a good deal, pull the trigger...

Kwame has been playing really well.. i really liked what i saw from him against the Nets.. showed flashes of something really promising..
marcelo

Postby Who's Your Mamba? on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:31 pm

Lakerskobebryant24 wrote:Are you kidding, we don't want KG for Lamar and Kwame.

Lamar has learned how to play the triangle and play with kobe now. Didn't you hear PJ will not trade Lamar. Kwame has been playing so well lately and you want to trade him too.

Why?

agree'd, kwame has been a monster off the bench and odom has been great overall, the chemistry is getting better every game
Who's Your Mamba?

Postby thug_pound on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:27 pm

Well Im gonna Point Out A few things!

1.)If Shaq and Wade Did it!Kobe & Kevin Garnett can do it!

2.)Shaq Demanded the trade to Miami!there for Miami had the upper
hand(thats why we didn't get wade!) KG can do the same!(Minny
won't get Kwame or Bynum
.)

3.)Talented Odom is damn well worth "The Big Ticket"(K.G), In my
opinion & others. So it should be a trade of Odom for KG and fillers.

As a lakers fan "I think" that Lamar is playing good and he puts up great numbers for us but he lacks the presence that K.G carries(a trustworthy player,leadership...is something unexplainable!!!) and that's what the Lakers need! and in my Opinion I think that the lakers are not gonna part ways with our two centers(Kwame Brown & Andrew Bynum) both of them combine 18.1 ppg,14.1 rpg,2.55 bpg in 45.6 mpg, almost the same minutes Kobe Bryant puts up! Now if you compare stats between KG and LO they are very similar alike!Is Just that the presence they both have separates them from one another. So No I wouldn't get rid of this two centers only Lamar. So basically the only way I see The Big Ticket(Kevin Garnett) coming to laker land is if he demands to be traded to the lakers.For a straight out trade-kg for Lamar Odom(& fillers). I don't think Lakers are gonna get rid of Kwame or Bynum, there gonna have the upper hand in this thats if KG demands the trade to L.A besides Lamar is only 27 and putting up big numbers. Another thing I saw a Interview of Jerry Buss on Fox Sports West and said he was still going after another big time player so that means we will have another player by next year good be a sf Vince Carter or Rashard Lewis or pg in Mike Bibby or Chauncy Billups.

This is how our Line up may look If the trade ever goes down!

Kwame Brown - Andrew Bynum
Kevin Garnett
Vlad Man/Luke
Kobe Bryant
Smush Parker
thug_pound

Postby revgen on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:32 pm

I'd rather stick with B&B over KG.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby thug_pound on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:44 pm

YEAH LAMAR ODOM HAS BEING PLAYING GOOD BUT I DON'T THINK HE LEARNED HOW TO PLAY WITH KOBE!!! KOBE IS NOT PLAYING LIKE THE KOBE WE KNOW, THE GUY WHO CAN AVERAGE 35 PPG. AND I FEEL THAT GARNETT WILL GET HIS POINTS NO MATTER IF KOBE SCORES 81 OR 15 PER GAME! AND NO GARNETT IS NOT OLD IF ANYTHING HE IS AT HIS PRIME, WE AREN'T GETTING SHAQ BACK(THAT F***ER IS OLD).ANYWAYS BY THE TIME KEVIN IS DONE WITH HIS AMAZING CAREER BYNUM'S AND KWAME'S WILL BE STARTING, AND IT WILL HELP KOBE WIN A FEW MORE!
thug_pound

Postby thug_pound on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:47 pm

revgen wrote:I'd rather stick with B&B over KG.

IS EITHER KEVIN GARNETT FOR LAMAR ODOM (and fillers) OR NOTHING PLANE AND SIMPLE!
thug_pound

Postby jhaze323 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:33 pm

This is the future! this almost like having shaq back but better....

ODOM & KWAME FOR:

Image "click for larger photo"
jhaze323

Postby dj vitus on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:14 pm

thug_pound wrote:Well Im gonna Point Out A few things!

won't get Kwame or Bynum
.)

#1) KG isn't demanding a trade the way Shaq did.

#2) McHale won't trade to a Western rival, much less the Lakers.

#2a) In order to possibly intice McHale, we need to throw in Kwame, which I'd be cool with. Bynum is our future, and KG has that fiery mentality that neither LO or Kwame seem to possess.

#2b) If we can't make the trade, we won't see him til he's 36. His contract is over at 33, and he'll still demand a max salary for 3 years. Remember, Shaq is getting paid $20 mils a year til he's freakin 38.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:17 pm

LakersKB24LO7 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Unfortunately for us there's no way to get him unless we give up Odom. Odom and Bynum I think is too much, Odom and Kwame is better, but still man I don't want to lose Odom. What is KG doing this year better than Odom, probably not much?

Scoring, Rebounding, being aggressive, blocking, stealing, carrying a team.

Odom has better assist numbers, and can shoot the three.

In order for us to win a ring w/o KG, LO needs to be a fierce lock-down defender, and either Kwame or Bynum need to develop a 15-footer. KG has both of those attributes that we're missing--that's why we want him so bad.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby thug_pound on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:55 pm

dj vitus wrote:
thug_pound wrote:Well Im gonna Point Out A few things!

won't get Kwame or Bynum
.)

#1) KG isn't demanding a trade the way Shaq did.

#2) McHale won't trade to a Western rival, much less the Lakers.

#2a) In order to possibly intice McHale, we need to throw in Kwame, which I'd be cool with. Bynum is our future, and KG has that fiery mentality that neither LO or Kwame seem to possess.

#2b) If we can't make the trade, we won't see him til he's 36. His contract is over at 33, and he'll still demand a max salary for 3 years. Remember, Shaq is getting paid $20 mils a year til he's freakin 38.

#1) No One said he was demandidng a trade like shaq did! if that was the case we wouldn't even be talking about this.

#2) If it was up to McHale he will never get rid of KG even If they paid him! only way thats going to happend is if KG Demands a trade!(hopefully to lakers)

#2a)Why Break Up the 1-2 punch that our two centers seem be good at???18 ppg., 14 rpg.? that doesnt make sence why would we break that up? Not to many Centers Can Pull that off! We are fine at our Center postion!!!!

#2b)Like I said "Either LO for KG & fillers Or Nothing".I Dont think Anyone is going to want him later than Sooner!
thug_pound

Postby dj vitus on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:02 pm

thug_pound wrote:#1) No One said he was demandidng a trade like shaq did! if that was the case we wouldn't even be talking about this.

#2) If it was up to McHale he will never get rid of KG even If they paid him! only way thats going to happend is if KG Demands a trade!(hopefully to lakers)

#2a)Why Break Up the 1-2 punch that our two centers seem be good at???18 ppg., 14 rpg.? that doesnt make sence why would we break that up? Not to many Centers Can Pull that off! We are fine at our Center postion!!!!

#2b)Like I said "Either LO for KG & fillers Or Nothing".I Dont think Anyone is going to want him later than Sooner!

Good points, good points.

The center position, however, is really hard to say. When we got Shaq in 96, we traded away Vlade. Vlade would have been a solid backup, but we were gonna waste Vlade's talent if he played 10mins a game behind Shaq.

Rewind back to the early Magic years when we traded popular PG Norm Nixon to make room for Magic to utilize his hall-of-fame PG skills and cause major mismatches.

Similarly, if Bynum develops at his current pace, we'd be wasting Kwame's talent, unless he can play PF and shoot a consistent 15-18 footer, which probably won't happen anytime soon.

Who knows, maybe the Wolves will bite (no pun intended) at LO, Mihm, Vlad Rad, and two first rounders.
dj vitus

Postby thug_pound on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:09 pm

dj vitus wrote:
thug_pound wrote: Who knows, maybe the Wolves will bite (no pun intended) at LO, Mihm, Vlad Rad, and two first rounders.

Know we are getting on the same page! Don't forget that Vlade Divac was a trade for Kobe Bryant! is like asking KG for Bynum and that's it...thats the only way ill get rid of bynum(if we keep Lamar) but we know thats not going to happend. we might cuf up Jordan Farmar. and also need to get rid of some of their trash! minny wants to get rid of a lot of contracts they have.
thug_pound

Postby no_dont on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:06 pm

Why not trade LO for Booz. Hes younger than KG and has similar #'s. We know booz doesnt have a problem with asking for a trade
HO-BE
no_dont

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors