KG Rumor that I thought I would share....

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Sat May 26, 2007 10:12 am

this is a KG trade that I actually would heavily consider- losing Odom and Bynum hurts, but getting back KG and a top 10 pick really helps- if we could do this, which I doubt we will, we would have the MLE, 2 1st round picks, and 2 2nd round picks- thats 5 players we can add as role players...

PG Mike James
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Luke Walton
PF Kevin Garnett
C Jamal Magloire (MLE)

F Grant Hill (vet min.)
G Maurice Evans
F Vladimir Radmanovic
C Chris Mihm
G Jordan Farmar
G Rudy Fernandez (19th pick)
F/C Ronny Turiaf

F Yi Jianlian (7th pick)
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby marcelo on Sat May 26, 2007 10:50 am

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:this is a KG trade that I actually would heavily consider- losing Odom and Bynum hurts, but getting back KG and a top 10 pick really helps- if we could do this, which I doubt we will, we would have the MLE, 2 1st round picks, and 2 2nd round picks- thats 5 players we can add as role players...

PG Mike James
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Luke Walton
PF Kevin Garnett
C Jamal Magloire (MLE)

F Grant Hill (vet min.)
G Maurice Evans
F Vladimir Radmanovic
C Chris Mihm
G Jordan Farmar
G Rudy Fernandez (19th pick)
F/C Ronny Turiaf

F Yi Jianlian (7th pick)

no way grant hill signs for the vet minimum...

I would sign Hill with the MLE, and maybe we can somehow get Brad Miller to play center? for a draft pick..
marcelo

Postby AVH on Sat May 26, 2007 11:11 am

You know whats funny.

THAT you guys think Minnesota trades the #7 pick THIS year in that trade.

IF they go with Bynum, they are dumping salaries and going youth.

This draft is super deep.

The Pick, I can almost guarantee you is a 2008 1st or maybe even a 2009 first.

But it DEFINITELY is NOT a 2007 first in this loaded draft.

I can't believe people think they'll give up BOTH KG and their 1st round pick.

Yeah, we give up our three big guys, whoop di do.

We are the ones who are desperate here. KG and Minnesota, they don't seem to be desperate. IF thye were something woiuld have happened 1.5 yo 2 years ago.
AVH

Postby AVH on Sat May 26, 2007 11:13 am

Maverick wrote:
xXXInvisibleXXx wrote:I tend to believe you Maverick. but we have gone through this every summer i hope you're finally the one who breaks something.

yeah, listen, im the first to laugh at "insiders" but I know this guy, so I know its legit.

another thing I forgot to mention in my first post was that with PHO not getting one of the top picks, the trade of amare/or oden was going to go down for KG.

This issue remaining is that apparently KG doesn't like change. He does have a house here, but he also loves MIN. That being said, Chicago seems to be another place where he is really intrigued with.

Maverick, if what you say is true about KG not wanting change, then I think most of us really don't know jack crap about what KG wants or doenst want.

There are people that are adverse to change. Im just surprised that after all the talk and hte house in Malibu and the Kobe KG connection, that he wouldnt even think twice.

Are you serious about that. And if he is entertaining going somewhere, you are saying he is actually looking at Chicago more so than LA. Is that a correct interpretation?
AVH

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Sat May 26, 2007 11:33 am

Well even if the pick is for next year's draft, it'll still be a top ten pick, and considering what the Wolves' team could look like after this trade, it wouldn't be to hard to imagine that that pick would be in the top 5.

I heard a rumor that the Wolves' management would rather just hold onto Garnett another year and let him walk, than lose the seat filling revenue they'd receive if they traded him now.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby Zoltran on Sat May 26, 2007 2:03 pm

anything to get help for kobe is a plus. just the thought that luke was our third best player is horrible.
Zoltran

Postby westcoast21 on Sat May 26, 2007 6:47 pm

thinking about this rumor, and if we were to get the t-wolves 1st round pick, wouldnt it be nice to trade both first rounders that we would have, to move up in the draft?
westcoast21

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat May 26, 2007 7:49 pm

It think it's pipe, but if it were to happen I'd take Brewer if he were still at 7.
D.B. Cooper

Postby bb7793 on Sat May 26, 2007 8:11 pm

unless you are moving up to #1 or 2 its not going to be a major upgrade
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i was gonna rip his heart out, im the best ever. im the most brutal, viscious, and most ruthless champion theres every been. my style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, im just furocious i want your heart, i want to eat his children. Praise Be To ALLAH!!"

- Mike Tyson
bb7793

Postby marcelo on Sat May 26, 2007 8:34 pm

westcoast21 wrote:thinking about this rumor, and if we were to get the t-wolves 1st round pick, wouldnt it be nice to trade both first rounders that we would have, to move up in the draft?

if that trade happened, i would keep both picks... we can get a very nice player with 7th.. and still get a good player with the 19th.

after the first 2 picks.. 3 to 7 (the range we could be moving up) there's not much of a drop in the talent level... IMO

it's a deep draft...
marcelo

are you sure?

Postby prudy1 on Sun May 27, 2007 9:34 am

Are you sure this is a legitimate rumor? I would doubt if Minnesota would take that deal unless they were being forced to trade Garnett due to Garnett demanding to go to L.A. No way would Minnesota take any deal for Garnett unless Kobe is involved. Other than Bynum's potential, the rest of the players are junk.
prudy1

Postby Maverick on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:52 pm

Well, I heard McHale on the radio yesterday and he confirmed that the lakers offered lamar, bynum, the pick then later luke for KG and it was denied. But, I think given the circumstances, ie. kobe putting himself and the lakers over a barrel, a trade is going to be rough.

It's rough in two areas. The first being that teams know the desperation of the lakers and they want to get all they can get from the lakers knowing that the FO will do whatever necessary to keep kobe content.

The second issue which remains is that any potential trade with teams to bring in other stars will incite the other teams to say they aren't interested in lamar, bynum, etc...they want kobe. But, in that same vain, kobe must accept the trade because he is under contract but the counter is that he supposedly doesn't want to be a laker anymore.

If Kobe would have kept this internal, I think that a trade to bring in a big name player or multiple players is out the window given the last couple weeks progression err regression.
Maverick

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:18 pm

With Kobe and KG on the same squad, there will be a horde of players waiting in line to sign with us for the vet minimum. So, I wouldn't worry about being too thin.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Coca Shayne on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:44 am

dj vitus wrote:With Kobe and KG on the same squad, there will be a horde of players waiting in line to sign with us for the vet minimum. So, I wouldn't worry about being too thin.
Coca Shayne

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors