KG Rumor that I thought I would share....

KG Rumor that I thought I would share....

Postby Maverick on Thu May 24, 2007 9:29 pm

long story short a good friend of mine is an agent who represents among others numerous tennis, golf, and other sports players. I had dinner with him the other night to watch the lottery because he has a couple of clients who will be drafted this upcoming draft....

now to the "rumor"....from what he has told me, there is a deal on the table for the lakers to get Garnett. Just to preface this, I really don't believe that the Lakers will get garnett, for a multitude of reasons, but my friend the agent called the kwame for caron deal about a month before it went down, so his credability is pretty good. So, here is the breakdown...

Lakers trade: Brian Cook, Kwame, Lamar, Bynum and Sasha essentially
Lakers receive: Garnett, Mike James, and 1st round pick.

I know it looks like a lot of players and I haven't run the numbers, but I'm just the messenger.

I think the lakers are in trouble if this deal goes down mainly because they dont have enough players, so I think that it might just be lamar, bynum, cook, sasha.

thanks for your time.
Maverick

Postby nomoreshaq on Thu May 24, 2007 9:43 pm

2 centers, 2 powerforwards and sasha for kg and mike james... i think we are giving up too much depth..but it does work trade wise.

with that said..we'd be left with.

Mihm
KG/Turiaf
Walton/Vlad
Kobe/Evans
James/Farmar

we'd have the MLE, our own draft pick, and both our 2nd round picks.

honestly..i dont know if i do that trade...we look pretty thin.
nomoreshaq

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 24, 2007 9:52 pm

I think it's worth it, especially if they give us this years 1st round pick. At least we'd have a true 2nd option/defensive presence inside, and a veteran starting PG.
Mark McNamara

Postby Venti Quattro on Thu May 24, 2007 10:00 pm

DO IT...

MLE - Mihm - ?
Garnett - Turiaf - ?
Walton - Radmanovic - ?
Bryant - Evans - ?
James - Farmar - ?

LAL 1st
MIN 1st
CHA 2nd
LAL 2nd
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby Weezy on Thu May 24, 2007 10:23 pm

I'm a crazy risk taker so I'd do that trade. I don't care, this team doesn't work, blow it up. Thanks for the into, even though it will most likely not happen it's cool to read stuff like this.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Thu May 24, 2007 10:24 pm

if Bynum was not included it would be a rape from us...now it seems to be fair somehow but I would first try Kwame for Zach Randolph..he is more inside player than KG, younger and also we would be able to keep Odom and Bynum...

I can´t deny losing Sasha and Cook is awesome.

but Odom/Bynum/Zach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KG...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby crucifixion on Thu May 24, 2007 10:49 pm

KB8@CL wrote:if Bynum was not included it would be a rape from us...now it seems to be fair somehow but I would first try Kwame for Zach Randolph..he is more inside player than KG, younger and also we would be able to keep Odom and Bynum...

Possibly, but Zach came off microfracture and Odom just another surgery.

Plus, the intimidation factor is great if is Kobe/KG as opposed to Kobe/Zach/Odom/Bynum

Not to mention I dont see why they'd only want an expiring for Zach.

Also, Zach isn't as good a defender as KG, so thats ever more weak D on our part.
Odom Light: Less filling, Wastes great
crucifixion

Postby KB24 on Thu May 24, 2007 10:54 pm

crucifixion wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:if Bynum was not included it would be a rape from us...now it seems to be fair somehow but I would first try Kwame for Zach Randolph..he is more inside player than KG, younger and also we would be able to keep Odom and Bynum...

Possibly, but Zach came off microfracture and Odom just another surgery.

Plus, the intimidation factor is great if is Kobe/KG as opposed to Kobe/Zach/Odom/Bynum

Not to mention I dont see why they'd only want an expiring for Zach.

Also, Zach isn't as good a defender as KG, so thats ever more weak D on our part.

Zach had the microfracture BEFORE he had the best season of his career....no reason to 2 worry about that.

Zach is not the same defender, thats sure but KG´s defense isn´t the same as it used to be either.

I wouldn´t really care about the intimidation either....if you get Kobe, Zach, Odom and Byum you have a damn good core for now and you have youth for the future...also it gives you way more depth.

Odom does have a surgery that will not effect him. He will be the same as always...he kinda has a surgery or something every year and is always the same.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Amongst_Kings on Fri May 25, 2007 12:07 am

Hell yea I would do that trade...

But Id rather take out Kwame and James

thats not giving up too much. Sasha is trash. We can sign a player to the vet min that can do what he does. Kwame is expiring and really wont do that much for us. Odom and Bynum is a tough call but you have to give to get.

Not to mention we also get James who can be nice PG next to Kobe as all he has to do is bring the ball up play tough D and hit the open shots.

Last week I would have been way opposed to this trade but after watching Kobe highlight films its hard to not do anything to bring in Garnett. Especially if we could take out Kwame.

MLE (4Mill): Charlie Bell
Remainder MLE: Patterson
Vet Min: Eddie Jones
Vet Min: Danny Fortson
and we'd still have all out picks

Kwame/Fortson/Mihm
Garnett/Turiaf/Vlad
Walton/Patterson
Kobe/Evans
Jones/Bell/Farmar
Amongst_Kings

Postby xXXInvisibleXXx on Fri May 25, 2007 12:35 am

I tend to believe you Maverick. but we have gone through this every summer i hope you're finally the one who breaks something.
Image\

The Evolution of Darkness'
xXXInvisibleXXx

Postby diehard on Fri May 25, 2007 6:52 am

That trade would be great for us. I really like Lamar but he is a bit of a tweener and I think that is his biggest problem.

We would get a legitimate point guard, a hall-of-fame power forward and although we wouldn't get the best player in the draft, we would have two first rounders in what is considered a very deep draft.

Sure losing Bynum COULD be bad, but we don't know yet and to me you always go with the sure thing.

We would have to find another big man with the MLE but with this lineup I think we would be able to attract someone (Magloire would be nice but I'm pretty sure he's headed to his hometown of Toronto).
diehard

Postby NY_Laker_Fan on Fri May 25, 2007 6:53 am

Odom, Kwame, AND Bynum?

I love the idea of KG alongside Kobe but the only way we could turn this into a championship is by finding a PF or Center with Minny's 7th pick who could contribute right away.

Hmmmmm ... do you think Conley would still be around at 7? If so, Conley for Randolph might make this work IF we could match up salaries. Portland would have to take back Vlad and probably a resign and hugely overpaid Smush.

No easy way to make it work.

BTW ... there is no bigger Odom fan than me. But I'm leaning toward YES on this deal even though I hate to give up Odom AND I think we're overpaying. But having the 7th and 19th picks makes it palatable.
NY_Laker_Fan

Postby Flatlyner on Fri May 25, 2007 8:28 am

Yeah, you take out the draft pick coming back to us and I dont like the deal. With it in, I can certainly live with it. We could easily get a big man with #7 (Thornton, JianLian, Hawes) or a SF (Brewer, Wright, Green).
Flatlyner

Postby nomoreshaq on Fri May 25, 2007 9:20 am

i'd rather do..

lamar/bynum/cook/sasha + pick for kg.

give their pick back and then give them our pick, tell them to keep james and we keep kwame. what would minny want w/ kwame anyway except as an expiring k?

we'd look a lot better after that IMO.

kwame/mihm (if they both come back from injuries - solid)
kg/turiaf (solid)
walton/vlad (would like an upgrade, but i can live with that)
kobe/evans (i guess evans stays as KG's best friend, solid)
MLE/farmar/shammond (if the MLE player is decent, and resign shammond for the min (kg's cousin)...probably solid)

there's 11. pick up both 2nd round draft picks and throw out 2 veteran contracts (one combo guard, one combo forward) and we'll hopefully be WCF bound.
nomoreshaq

Postby bb7793 on Fri May 25, 2007 9:34 am

Flatlyner wrote:Yeah, you take out the draft pick coming back to us and I dont like the deal. With it in, I can certainly live with it. We could easily get a big man with #7 (Thornton, JianLian, Hawes) or a SF (Brewer, Wright, Green).

I think I could actually be content with this deal as we get the 2 1st round picks (7, 19). Now I know this wouldnt happen but what if Conley, Yi and Brewer were all on the board at #7 who do you go for?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i was gonna rip his heart out, im the best ever. im the most brutal, viscious, and most ruthless champion theres every been. my style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, im just furocious i want your heart, i want to eat his children. Praise Be To ALLAH!!"

- Mike Tyson
bb7793

Postby Giorgio Moroder on Fri May 25, 2007 11:06 am

Any trade that leaves Luke as a starter is a bad trade. Luke is not a starter in the NBA. Period.
PG- Jalen Rose/Farmar
Sg- Kobe/Shannon Brown
SF- Dorell Wright/ Dermarr Johnson
PF-Lamar Odom/Turiaf/Sean Williams
C- JO/Mihm/Williams
Giorgio Moroder

Postby ShowtimeInLA on Fri May 25, 2007 12:53 pm

this will never happen. but if it does, somehow happen, then LA will truly be showtime again. these guys wont get injured next year, and will play more aggressive. KG and Bryant will absolutely be the dominate duo in the West.
ShowtimeInLA

Postby SignPippenNow on Fri May 25, 2007 1:29 pm

My only question about this deal is can they get it done today before Wolves back out.
SignPippenNow

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Fri May 25, 2007 2:57 pm

I was a bit pissed and offend by this offer at first, considering both Lamar and Bynum would be included in the deal, but then I realized that the 7th pick from the Wolves would be a good trade for Bynum considering they could pick up Noah, Green, Conley or Yi to fill in a spot at C, SF or PG. And then the Lakers improve greatly in the PF and PG poitions.

Quite a good idea.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby The-Legend on Fri May 25, 2007 3:54 pm

I think this will be a good trade especially if we get Minny's #7 pick.

We can draft Mike Conelly with it and trade him to Atlanta for the #3 pick Brandan Wright.

Atlanta doesn't need another PF/SF as they are loaded at those positions, but they do need a PG desperately. They will get Conelly a little cheaper at the #7 position, and we would probably have to give them our #1 pick next year.

We then trade Vlady to Portland for Pryzbilla.

Portland does this, to free up space at the C position for Oden and they need a SF who can shoot 3's

With our 19th pick, we get Derrick Byars or Rudy Fernandez ( I prefer Byars because he has the body to play he 2 or 3 spot).

Then use the MLE for Mikki Moore

Lakers Lineup:

C: Pryz/Moore/Mihm
PF: Garnett/Turiaf/Moore
SF: Luke/Wright
SG: Kobe/Byars
PG: Farmar/James

That is a solid team, and 2 deep at every position.
The-Legend

Postby bb7793 on Fri May 25, 2007 4:21 pm

If we draft Conley and trade him to Atlanta then we need to make them sweat. We can get more then Wright for Conley. Remember its want and needs. I would give them Conley and a future 2nd for perhaps childress and Wright. No way Wright can play the 3 and be effective in the pros. Not enough lateral quickness. Think Hakim Warrick!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i was gonna rip his heart out, im the best ever. im the most brutal, viscious, and most ruthless champion theres every been. my style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, im just furocious i want your heart, i want to eat his children. Praise Be To ALLAH!!"

- Mike Tyson
bb7793

Postby marcelo on Fri May 25, 2007 4:26 pm

I would do that trade...! anything to get KG

the Randolph suggestion is nice.. but i dont think we could get him by just giving up Kwame

if we could get that 1st rounder.. that would be nice.. Conley, Brewer.. we could get a nice player with that pick
marcelo

Postby Maverick on Fri May 25, 2007 5:26 pm

xXXInvisibleXXx wrote:I tend to believe you Maverick. but we have gone through this every summer i hope you're finally the one who breaks something.

yeah, listen, im the first to laugh at "insiders" but I know this guy, so I know its legit.

another thing I forgot to mention in my first post was that with PHO not getting one of the top picks, the trade of amare/or oden was going to go down for KG.

This issue remaining is that apparently KG doesn't like change. He does have a house here, but he also loves MIN. That being said, Chicago seems to be another place where he is really intrigued with.
Maverick

Postby alberto on Fri May 25, 2007 10:34 pm

Good trade. Sign Magloire with MLE. Draft Brewer.
alberto

Postby DALakeshow on Fri May 25, 2007 10:44 pm

Id keep Mike Conley jr. Jay Bilas College Basketball commentator was on ESPN Radio the other day and said if Conley jr was in the draft 2 years ago he would be right there with Paul and Deron Williams. He thinks he is going to be that good as a pro.

I think he would make a huge impact for the Lakers
DALakeshow

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors