Rumor of the last trade!!

Postby Still A Dynasty on Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:01 am

u do realize patterson could just be waived under the allan houston law

so itd basically be ratliff for grant

Ratliff/Mihm/Bynum

thats a hell of a center rotation
Still A Dynasty

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:12 pm

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:u do realize patterson could just be waived under the allan houston law

Ratliff/Mihm/Bynum

That is an interesting thought. I like Patterson's defensive energy and ability but it's good to remember that clause.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby venturalakersfan on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:44 pm

Dave Smith probably got the rumor from LG. Ratliff and Patterson's contracts don't fit the Lakers future plans. Can't bring in anyone whose contract lasts past 2007. If the Lakers can't get a player (Daniels) to sign the MLE for only two years, they probably won't use it this season.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby KobegirL on Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:32 am

That w0uLd be fUn t0 watch Kobe pLay'n WITH the "seLf~caLLed kobe stopper".....naw but that wouLd be a g00d trade 4 us but i st!LL w0uLd Like a decent pg...u kn0!!! :man12:
**~**KB8~ THA BADDEST 2 EVER PLAY THA GAME**~**
KobegirL

Postby T I on Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:29 pm

KobegirL wrote:That w0uLd be fUn t0 watch Kobe pLay'n WITH the "seLf~caLLed kobe stopper".....naw but that wouLd be a g00d trade 4 us but i st!LL w0uLd Like a decent pg...u kn0!!! :man12:

aArrgGHh
Laker Fan since 1954
T I

Postby Helljumper on Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:19 pm

TomSeaver wrote:I like getting Ratliff but I don't like Rueben. He stinks
Same here. I've always been a fan of his D. BTW, I'm posting this on my PSP.
Helljumper

Postby dj vitus on Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:54 pm

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:u do realize patterson could just be waived under the allan houston law

Ratliff/Mihm/Bynum

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only waive a player under the Alan Houston law if he was acquired before June 21st. Even then his salary will still be on the payroll anyway.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby garyxkoji on Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:16 pm

T I wrote:
KobegirL wrote:That w0uLd be fUn t0 watch Kobe pLay'n WITH the "seLf~caLLed kobe stopper".....naw but that wouLd be a g00d trade 4 us but i st!LL w0uLd Like a decent pg...u kn0!!! :man12:

aArrgGHh

lawlll :lol:
garyxkoji

Postby Sirron on Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:09 pm

Thanks for dragging up a 12 day old post. We needed that..... :man3:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby JbOi112 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:58 am

dj vitus wrote:

Ratliff/Mihm/Bynum

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only waive a player under the Alan Houston law if he was acquired before June 21st. Even then his salary will still be on the payroll anyway.

your correct, vitus... u can't waive a player if he wasn't on the roster/acquired before that June 21 date...
..:: J to tha R ::..
RIP Ryan "Franchise" (March 17, 1987 – May 13, 2006) Fight On!
Madd props to hoopskillz for tha sig & avatar!
JbOi112

league news

Postby 8ebok on Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:38 pm

whoever "kobedidit" is, is a retarded insignificant piece of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. when is the league going to verify that kwame is a laker.[/code]
#24-kobe bryant? Whatever...
8ebok

Re: league news

Postby T I on Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:00 pm

8ebok wrote:whoever "kobedidit" is, is a retarded insignificant piece of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. when is the league going to verify that kwame is a laker.[/code]

Tuesday, when contracts can be signed.
Laker Fan since 1954
T I

Postby magicman32 on Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:25 pm

Patterson was originally traded by Phil Jackson out of L.A. because he had too much trouble learning the triangle. How will he learn it now? Also, this gives us too many small forwards again. I dont like the trade.
magicman32

Postby BLAZINLAKERFAN on Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:16 pm

Yeah the Lakers are gonna have twins on the roster. Jumaine Jones and Rueben Patterson..I think they are gonna need to wear different headbands so we could tell who's who
DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUMP OFF THE BANDWAGON, AND DON'T COME BACK WHEN WE START WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CLAIM TO BE A FAN, BUT ARE YOU REALLY A FAN?
BLAZINLAKERFAN

Postby kobe+phil=rings on Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:05 pm

magicman32 wrote:Patterson was originally traded by Phil Jackson out of L.A. because he had too much trouble learning the triangle. How will he learn it now? Also, this gives us too many small forwards again. I dont like the trade.

He was gone before Phil got there, he played in 24 games and started in 2 in the 98-99 season which was the strike shortened season or the * year! Check the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/s ... atsId=3274

Sonics sign Patterson
Wednesday, August 11, 1999
The Seattle SuperSonics have signed forward Ruben Patterson to a three-year contract, the team said Tuesday. Patterson, 24, played 24 games last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, starting two. He averaged 2.7 points and 1.3 rebounds. He was the Lakers' second-round draft pick out of Cincinnati in 1998.

http://www.lakersweb.com/news/news1999.shtml

That first season in L.A. was somewhat disappointing for Patterson. He saw action in just 24 games and ended the season with averages of only 2.6 points and 1.3 rebounds. His play wasn't enough for the Lakers to make an attempt at keeping him around following his rookie season.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/features/Cap ... 47-41.html

Chamberlain "I look back and know that my last seven years in the league versus my first seven years were a joke in terms of scoring," he told the Philadelphia Daily News. "I stopped shooting -- coaches asked me to do that, and I did. I wonder sometimes if that was a mistake
kobe+phil=rings

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors