signs of gerald green

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:52 pm

if we get green we can then get a nice package for kg caron+green+jj+b grant+sasha thas a bright future for Minny
PurpleNGold1

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:20 pm

That's what I think as well PurpleNGold1.

As far fetched as it sounds giving up Green + Odom, or Green, expiring contracts plus a couple picks here and there would be a good package to offer. The deal still may never happen - but Green would be an integral part of the deal.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:27 pm

crucifido wrote:That's what I think as well PurpleNGold1.

As far fetched as it sounds giving up Green + Odom, or Green, expiring contracts plus a couple picks here and there would be a good package to offer. The deal still may never happen - but Green would be an integral part of the deal.
indeed or maybe instead of tradin caron we trade odom+green+jj+bgrant for kg n hoiberg somethin along those lines
PurpleNGold1

Postby Mark McNamara on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:51 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:

indeed or maybe instead of tradin caron we trade odom+green+jj+bgrant for kg n hoiberg somethin along those lines

I think it would be Caron instead of LO. I doubt Phil would allow LO to be traded, he has too much planned for him. Caron+Green+JJ+BGrant+expiring contracts or future picks for KG and Wally (I'm sure Minny would love to get rid of him)....I think a deal like that would be enough for both teams.
Mark McNamara

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:56 pm

Mark McNamara wrote:
PurpleNGold1 wrote:

I think it would be Caron instead of LO. I doubt Phil would allow LO to be traded, he has too much planned for him. Caron+Green+JJ+BGrant+expiring contracts or future picks for KG and Wally (I'm sure Minny would love to get rid of him)....I think a deal like that would be enough for both teams.
i sayd odom because he makes more then caron but i dont know either way it works out for us
PurpleNGold1

Postby crucifido on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:16 am

I actually put Odom in there because of his similar abilities to Garnett's. However, like you said I do think Phil has extensive plans for the use of Odom.

I'd be surprised if the Wolves took the deal either way, but INCREDIBLY surprised if they took it w/o Odom.

I still think Green would be a key to a bigger deal to come, Garnett or not.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:25 am

crucifido wrote:I actually put Odom in there because of his similar abilities to Garnett's. However, like you said I do think Phil has extensive plans for the use of Odom.

I'd be surprised if the Wolves took the deal either way, but INCREDIBLY surprised if they took it w/o Odom.

I still think Green would be a key to a bigger deal to come, Garnett or not.
one can dream but if were givin up green n caron n others it better be for kg i woudlnt take any other trade
PurpleNGold1

Postby Startrout on Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:23 am

If we get Green, we're keeping him. I don't see Lakers even considering trading him, unless he turns out to be a total bust a couple years down the road.
Startrout

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:07 am

Mark McNamara wrote:
PurpleNGold1 wrote:

How did you get Green without giving up Butler? :man8: Thats beyond pipe.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LakersCourt on Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:06 pm

WOW!!!!!! :man4: I will be the most shocked person here if Mitch can pull off #10 and #17 for the #4 pick(ideal situation) without giving up Caron Butler.
Also, will the Lakers please sign Kwame Brown to the MLE. He will be huge this year. I will promise you. I'm so confident that Brown will have a breakout year that I will buy you all a large pizza if I'm wrong.

G-# 4 pick(Paul, Williams, Green)
G-Bryant
F-Odom
F-Brown
C-Mihm

Bench:
Bender
Vujacic
Cook
Walton
Divac ?
Atkins
Butler

Bye Bye league!!!!! If this happens.
LakersCourt

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:00 pm

LakersCourt wrote: I will promise you. I'm so confident that Brown will have a breakout year that I will buy you all a large pizza if I'm wrong.

Make mine cheese, thick crust.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KOBE THE GREAT on Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:23 pm

i like sausage,ham,green olives, and pepperoni!!

I WANT FELTON!! but not at 4 or 3 pick
Kobe... the millenium MJ
KOBE THE GREAT

Postby TheZen on Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:42 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
LakersCourt wrote: I will promise you. I'm so confident that Brown will have a breakout year that I will buy you all a large pizza if I'm wrong.

pepperoni chicago style please
TheZen

Postby Sirron on Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:49 pm

I don't think that's pipe at all. Pretty out of the box thinking, but that Brown comment was WAY out of the box. It's reachin' bro. :man4:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:07 pm

TheZen wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

pepperoni chicago style please

mulberry street fried eggplant and pepperoni will do

Postby Dime Dropper on Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:22 pm

For Butler and the 10th, we could get far more than just the 3rd. I really like the trade with the Pacers for the 17th, I think there's a lot of talent in that area of the draft, not to mention I think Felton would be available at the 10th as well.
Dime Dropper

Postby G|B|G|B on Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:08 pm

btw on nbadraft.net
they have us picking green
at 10!
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby LOUIE04 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:59 am

If the Lakers pick Green all the Laker fans will regret it because we really need a PG and I'd be so mad if we didnt get Paul if we get Green the Lakers better go after Daniels with the MLE!!! :mad1:
LOUIE04

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:08 am

LOUIE04 wrote:If the Lakers pick Green all the Laker fans will regret it because we really need a PG and I'd be so mad if we didnt get Paul if we get Green the Lakers better go after Daniels with the MLE!!! :mad1:
How we adress our PF issue?
Last edited by KB24 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LOUIE04 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:50 am

To adress our PF issue we can just get a pick somewhere down the line at pick #17 or until the 2nd round!! Im pretty sure we can get some one solid!!!
LOUIE04

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors