SportingNews: MEM's #5 pick for Ariza? (possibly a joke)

SportingNews: MEM's #5 pick for Ariza? (possibly a joke)

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:46 pm

I don't know if I'm reading this right, but Sam Smith (yes I know he's not too credible), put this in his draft predictions preview:
5. Memphis Grizzlies. Kevin Love, F/C, UCLA. Talk is that owner Mike Heisley is more involved than ever, which could mean giving the pick to the Lakers for Trevor Ariza. But the consensus lately has been the Grizzlies will take Love, which seems to run counter to their athletic team plan. But they're anxious to deal Mike Miller, and this pick is likely in play as well.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=427359

Don't know if I understand why Memphis would do it, but hey, I'd be down for it.
Last edited by HisAirness24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Re: SportingNews: MEM's #5 pick for Ariza?

Postby Das on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:48 pm

HisAirness24 wrote:I don't know if I'm reading this right, but Sam Smith (yes I know he's not too credible), put this in his draft predictions preview:
5. Memphis Grizzlies. Kevin Love, F/C, UCLA. Talk is that owner Mike Heisley is more involved than ever, which could mean giving the pick to the Lakers for Trevor Ariza. But the consensus lately has been the Grizzlies will take Love, which seems to run counter to their athletic team plan. But they're anxious to deal Mike Miller, and this pick is likely in play as well.

Don't know if I understand why Memphis would do it, but hey, I'd be down for it.

I think he was joking.
Das

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Let me start my saying that Ariza is one of my favorite players on this team, our 2nd best perimeter defender, and I think he could have a very good season next season.

But... :man10: :man10: :man10:

If they're willing to get raped by the Lakers again, I'm all for moving Trevor.

[It was a sarcastic remark at just how idiotic their front office is, but I wouldn't put anything past them]
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:54 pm

:man10:

Should I change the title?
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Sam Smith was being funny, although Ariza is just good enough that it could be somewhat believable at first glance because of how bad they got destroyed in the last trade. He should have picked a worse player like Coby Karl or someone to make it obvious.
Savory Griddles

Postby The Greatest on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:39 pm

if this trade actually goes down then this proves that we didnt and arent raping the grizzlies because well clearly they keep coming into bed with us i dunno maybe they like it hahaha :man1:
The Greatest

Postby Larry14r on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:44 pm

The Greatest wrote:if this trade actually goes down then this proves that we didnt and arent raping the grizzlies because well clearly they keep coming into bed with us i dunno maybe they like it hahaha :man1:

It's more like a booty call if you ask me, and didn't the Grizz not learn their lesson the first time.
Larry14r

Re: SportingNews: MEM's #5 pick for Ariza? (possibly a joke)

Postby lakerman24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:19 pm

HisAirness24 wrote:I don't know if I'm reading this right, but Sam Smith (yes I know he's not too credible), put this in his draft predictions preview:

From what I heard Miami is trying to work a deal with memphis
lakerman24

Postby last stand on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:31 pm

its amazing that noone realizes that this is a joke aimed at the gasol trade

get it

ariza for the 5th pick

that trade is really unfair
last stand

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:09 pm

last stand wrote:its amazing that noone realizes that this is a joke aimed at the gasol trade

get it

ariza for the 5th pick

that trade is really unfair

Well, after reading in NBA Discussion that Marc Gasol for Minnesota's 3rd pick was rumored, anything is possible, especially with the Grizzlies looking to shed salary.

But, I later found out it was a joke.
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby civilrage on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:13 pm

hook it up with mike miller. That is were we need to be looking
Tuning/Breaking a Lancer for 5 + years
civilrage

Postby Alleyhoops on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:42 pm

uh, yeah, the writer was being facetious -- sarcastic.
Alleyhoops

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:54 am

this rumor is so stupid that no one on this board would even had the balls to post something like this.

#5 pick for a guy that was out for 4 months, has a bad foot apparently, and will make all of 2 or 3 million (which is no cap space cleared off after his contract), albeit a good defender, who also plays the same position as rudy gay

sure, makes alot of sense to me
Pig Miller

Return to Sourced Rumors