steve francis

Postby LakersCourt on Thu May 12, 2005 4:43 pm

Now the only problem (according to people) is Kobe and Francis learning to share the ball with each other...but I bet if they can figure it out quickly and perfect ly...you can see a good friendship and some SICK SICK ally-ops to each other and to and from KG...which would be bad a** for the Lakers...now like I said...it all depends on the GMs and what can be worked out but if these rumors are true that Francis might be a Laker and that George is in another deal away from Butler than hopefully the "DEAL" george is in is for KG with Odom and Cook or someone else and I think with trades and a roster like this...we'd have a he** of a season and maybe a championship again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That must be some great weed your smoking there :man1: . First off, if we are even lucky enough to get KG, it will not be through sh-t like just offering Odom, George and Cook. It would require us, breaking the bank....it will cost us Odom, Butler and other goodies(draft picks) to make it happen. We then would have nothing left to trade for Francis. I muchprefer breaking the bank for Garnett than doing it for Franchise.....of the WNBA!!!!!
LakersCourt

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu May 12, 2005 5:17 pm

if someone mentions another KG trade, ima :man7:
MarkMadsen

Postby msb212 on Thu May 12, 2005 5:43 pm

No way we get Francis and KG. BUT: We could do the francis deal, package him with Odom and george, and trade for KG and Wally. Deal works on Tradechecker. And makes sense for all concerned.
msb212

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu May 12, 2005 5:47 pm

:man7: *bang*
MarkMadsen

Postby LakersCourt on Thu May 12, 2005 5:56 pm

I don't care how its done Mitch, but you bring KG here at all costs(without giving up Kobe). Whatever it takes...MAKE IT HAPPEN :jam2:
LakersCourt

Postby msb212 on Thu May 12, 2005 7:25 pm

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Caron Butler
6-7 SF from Connecticut
15.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.7 minutes
Chucky Atkins
5-11 PG from South Florida
13.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 4.4 apg in 35.4 minutes
Vlade Divac
7-1 C from Serbia
2.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 8.7 minutes
Incoming
Carlos Boozer
6-9 PF from Duke
17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes
Change in team outlook: -13.6 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and -4.8 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Carlos Boozer
6-9 PF from Duke
17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes
Incoming
Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
21.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 7.0 apg in 38.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: +3.5 ppg, -3.2 rpg, and +4.2 apg.

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
21.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 7.0 apg in 38.2 minutes
Incoming
Caron Butler
6-7 SF from Connecticut
15.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.7 minutes
Chucky Atkins
5-11 PG from South Florida
13.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 4.4 apg in 35.4 minutes
Vlade Divac
7-1 C from Serbia
2.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 8.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: +10.1 ppg, +4.5 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to L.A. Lakers, Utah, and Orlando being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers, Utah, and Orlando had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
msb212

Postby eNlight on Thu May 12, 2005 9:22 pm

i rather have francis instead of boozer
eNlight

Postby KB24 on Fri May 13, 2005 1:42 am

eNlight wrote:i rather have francis instead of boozer

big>small.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby dj vitus on Fri May 13, 2005 3:09 am

No to Steve Francis, he's a total headcase and a cancer, he'll never get along with Kobe or with Phil or with Laker Management or with the city of L.A. for that matter.

He can shoot, yes, he can score, yes, but you all remember how selfish he was when he got drafted and would never play for the Grizz.. how selfish he was in the playoffs last year... how selfish he was when he demanded a trade.. how selfish he was when he threatened not to play in Orlando.

It's possible that we might trade for him, but I dunno, I'd be pretty pissed. but I'd still support whatever decision management makes.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby SWOL on Fri May 13, 2005 10:51 am

The Laker Link wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:
GuRu wrote:Laker Link -

Have you absolutely no common sense?

We are not adding Francis and KG

Please, for the love of God, stop!
:man10: Is something wrong with 3 max contracts :man12: Buss won´t allow a yankee payroll.

Yeah but IF....IF....IF....IF....the Lakers DID....DID....DID....DID....get Francis and KG how do you know that they wouldn't have to take a LITTLE MONEY DEDUCTION....like about 2 or 2.5 million to make space and everything....now remember this is all IF but still I think Mitch and Buss could really work it out if they wanted to and stuff so it's just a matter or sitting, waiting, and seeing so...but I say never take any idea as a crazy one because the Shaq trade was probably the craziest trade ever played anyways so...

I KNOW YOU DONT EVEN CAN NOT EVEN TO BEGIN TO FATHOM THE STRUCTURE OF THE CBA, BUT ILL HELP YOU, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR US TO HAVE 3 MAX PLAYERS, MATHEMATICALLY MAYBE, BUT WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH IN TRADE BAIT TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.....STOP THE IF IF IF CRAP, BE REALISTIC PLEASE THIS IS NOT FANTASY LAND
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby The Laker Link on Fri May 13, 2005 12:42 pm

swolswol wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:

:man10: Is something wrong with 3 max contracts :man12: Buss won´t allow a yankee payroll.

Yeah but IF....IF....IF....IF....the Lakers DID....DID....DID....DID....get Francis and KG how do you know that they wouldn't have to take a LITTLE MONEY DEDUCTION....like about 2 or 2.5 million to make space and everything....now remember this is all IF but still I think Mitch and Buss could really work it out if they wanted to and stuff so it's just a matter or sitting, waiting, and seeing so...but I say never take any idea as a crazy one because the Shaq trade was probably the craziest trade ever played anyways so...

I KNOW YOU DONT EVEN CAN NOT EVEN TO BEGIN TO FATHOM THE STRUCTURE OF THE CBA, BUT ILL HELP YOU, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR US TO HAVE 3 MAX PLAYERS, MATHEMATICALLY MAYBE, BUT WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH IN TRADE BAIT TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.....STOP THE IF IF IF CRAP, BE REALISTIC PLEASE THIS IS NOT FANTASY LAND

Ok I undestand that it is a complete cream and stuff but I saw right now...anything can happen in this world now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I see what you are seeing...
The Laker Link

Postby alex58 on Fri May 13, 2005 4:27 pm

I don't think this rumors have any ground. Why the lakers will add another player in Steve Francis who likes to have the ball all the time , while we already have Kobe? . In addition I think the lakers has to fill the gap in the 1 and 4 positions .Antonio Daniels is a very good addition.
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby GCMD on Sat May 14, 2005 8:15 am

Honestly, if you are going to trade for Stevie, you might as well let CARON play Point...

Stevie is a 2 guard in a PG's body...if that's what Phil want, so be it...

Not a bad offensive addition...ok defender...bad attitude...

As long as this isn't the only addition, we will be ok...Stevie could co-exist with Kobe...a PROVEN winner...plus I don't think LAL will win without a little DRAMA!!!!!!!
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby Funkee on Sat May 14, 2005 9:05 am

The Laker Link wrote:
swolswol wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:

Ok I undestand that it is a complete cream and stuff but I saw right now...anything can happen in this world now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I see what you are seeing...

OMG PLEASE STFU FOREVER!!!!
Funkee

Postby trodgers on Sat May 14, 2005 12:26 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:
eNlight wrote:i rather have francis instead of boozer

big>small.

eNlight is is clearly insane. Francis needs the ball all the time. He's very good, but not for the Lakers. Boozer seems like he would be a fantastic fit, doesn't shoot a ton, can rebound, and can play D. If I had my choice, I'd pick up Boozer in a heartbeat.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JSM on Sat May 14, 2005 1:26 pm

If Rudy was still our coach, I would think this could be a rumor with some legs. But I don't think this is much of a rumor, maybe a discussion, as a last case scenario for the Lakers, if everything else breaks down, and we can't get Boozer or any other big man, we resort to doing this trade.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Mark McNamara on Sat May 14, 2005 3:01 pm

GameCockMD wrote:Honestly, if you are going to trade for Stevie, you might as well let CARON play Point...

Stevie is a 2 guard in a PG's body...if that's what Phil want, so be it...

Not a bad offensive addition...ok defender...bad attitude...

As long as this isn't the only addition, we will be ok...Stevie could co-exist with Kobe...a PROVEN winner...plus I don't think LAL will win without a little DRAMA!!!!!!!

I hope you're exaggerating when you say Stevie at PG is like Caron at PG...they both can score, but that's where the similarities end. Caron is nowhere near Stevie's league in speed, handling and passing. Not to mention Stevie can break down a defense with the greatest of ease with his penetration.

I think Franchise can play with Kobe...he's already proven to be able to share the ball with another ballhog SG in Mobley. Also, we can use our pick to draft a good PF who would be similar to Boozer (more or less), but at a much cheaper price. So in the end we fill both our holes in the lineup, add an all star caliber player, and fix our SF logjam.
Mark McNamara

Postby eNlight on Sat May 14, 2005 4:40 pm

can it be possible for boozer and francis to be on the same team? cause if boozer were on the lakers, yeah the lakers have a big lineup, but with odom at the 3, he's gonna get beat by the faster guys. if kobe didn't share the ball with odom a lot, how is boozer going to get the ball. francis would just steal the ball from kobe all the time, and shoot himself. im not saying boozer is bad, but with francis on the team, it would be fast and fun.
eNlight

Postby live and die in LA on Sat May 14, 2005 7:08 pm

we have to make a pretty tough decision. trade chucky, caron, vlade for either francis or boozer. then we could take care of either the pg or pf position by the MLE or the draft. either way i would be happy.
live and die in LA

Postby KB24 on Sat May 14, 2005 11:37 pm

eNlight wrote:can it be possible for boozer and francis to be on the same team? cause if boozer were on the lakers, yeah the lakers have a big lineup, but with odom at the 3, he's gonna get beat by the faster guys. if kobe didn't share the ball with odom a lot, how is boozer going to get the ball. francis would just steal the ball from kobe all the time, and shoot himself. im not saying boozer is bad, but with francis on the team, it would be fast and fun.

Odom won´t get beaten by any SF, believe me. He will kill them with his wingspan. Lamar consistently played against PGs in greece because of Marburys atrocious defense and he killed them all with his endless wingspan. NOT 1 PG could beat him off the dribble once he opened his arms. All SFs are between 6-8 and 6-10 so I don´t see any troubles.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby trodgers on Sun May 15, 2005 9:02 am

KB8 till infinity wrote:
eNlight wrote:can it be possible for boozer and francis to be on the same team? cause if boozer were on the lakers, yeah the lakers have a big lineup, but with odom at the 3, he's gonna get beat by the faster guys. if kobe didn't share the ball with odom a lot, how is boozer going to get the ball. francis would just steal the ball from kobe all the time, and shoot himself. im not saying boozer is bad, but with francis on the team, it would be fast and fun.

Odom won´t get beaten by any SF, believe me. He will kill them with his wingspan. Lamar consistently played against PGs in greece because of Marburys atrocious defense and he killed them all with his endless wingspan. NOT 1 PG could beat him off the dribble once he opened his arms. All SFs are between 6-8 and 6-10 so I don´t see any troubles.

I think you're a bit off. Not that it matters, because I agree that Odom can cover any SF in the league.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 15, 2005 1:40 pm

Funkee wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:
swolswol wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:

OMG PLEASE STFU FOREVER!!!!

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man1:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby eNlight on Sun May 15, 2005 3:30 pm

oh okay, cause one time i saw lebron just beat odom, so i was like, oh hes not that good. thanks for clearing things up :]
eNlight

Postby KB24 on Sun May 15, 2005 3:35 pm

eNlight wrote:oh okay, cause one time i saw lebron just beat odom, so i was like, oh hes not that good. thanks for clearing things up :]

LeBron is a special player :man1: I guess he can beat anyone. Well I might have overhyped him but Odom is really a decent SF defender and he was THE ONLY LAKER having his hands into players face every time. He doen´t have the power to stay foul free against PFs but he can use his wingspan to defend smaller guys. I guess the personal defense depends on team defense. I wonder why Miami could play D with Odom, Butler and Grant in the starting lineup and now add Kobe and we got killed. Sucky must have done a great job :mad1:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby perfecto31 on Sun May 15, 2005 4:56 pm

YES
now that Lamar is the third option or so keep um.

"if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

Perfecto has new songs on the 1st and 15th of each month.. Government Assistance @ www.DubCnn.com
perfecto31

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors