steve francis

steve francis

Postby msb212 on Thu May 12, 2005 12:32 am

User avatar
msb212

 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:17 am

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu May 12, 2005 12:44 am

I seen this at LG. You know, this could be the "disgruntled" allstar someone mentioned earlier. He fits every aspect he was talking about :man1:

I have no problem with Stevie as long as its for that deal. Butler+Chucky+Divac is fine with me. No more. As long as we dont have to include our pick.
Image
User avatar
MarkMadsen

 
Posts: 7461
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 12, 2005 2:04 am

Very interesting. At first I hated the very thought of adding Franchise, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. He is super explosive and can break defenses down big time. Even though he is a shoot first type PG I think he can improve us alot....just like Baron is doing with the Warriors. He and Kobe would be the most dangerous backcourt in the league. I'd love to get him for Caron + change.

Franchise
Kobe
Odom
Rookie???
Mihm
User avatar
Mark McNamara

 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: L.A.

Postby KB24 on Thu May 12, 2005 2:08 am

Its gonna be difficult with 3 ball in hand guys like Lamar, Kobe and Francis and I do not like an extremely TO prone back-court but Francis and Kobe would not just be the best back-court in scoring but rebounding defense, athletism. Francis has some black outs during the game when he tries too much, is too selfish, has SILLY TOs because of some And1 moves and he can develop into a cancer. His defense is some how overrated too and he got burned this year often BUT Kobe and Francis would be a great duo nontheless and since Divac and Sucky are bust we get an all-star for Butler at a loaded position so IF its true (the guy is a Orlando fan so why would he tell BS) it would be a fantansic aquisation and if the experiment doesn´t work properly we could even trade Francis further for a GREAT big man cuz he has more value than Caron.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 12, 2005 2:11 am

KB8 till infinity wrote:Its gonna be difficult with 3 ball in hand guys like Lamar, Kobe and Francis and I do not like an extremely TO prone back-court but Francis and Kobe would not just be the best back-court in scoring but rebounding defense, athletism. Francis has some black outs during the game when he tries too much, is too selfish, has SILLY TOs because of some And1 moves and he can develop into a cancer. His defense is some how overrated too and he got burned this year often BUT Kobe and Francis would be a great duo nontheless and since Divac and Sucky are bust we get an all-star for Butler at a loaded position so IF its true (the guy is a Orlando fan so why would he tell BS) it would be a fantansic aquisation and if the experiment doesn´t work properly we could even trade Francis further for a GREAT big man cuz he has more value than Caron.


My thoughts EXACTLY....Plus, if Phil comes back, he can use Franchise's abilities for the better since the triangle is better off with two SG's than a true PG.
User avatar
Mark McNamara

 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: L.A.

Postby LakerLord3 on Thu May 12, 2005 8:29 am

Francis :bow: 21.3ppg 5.8 rpg 7.0 apg

Killer Backcourt! By the way, do you we can get ruben patterson
sasha is my neighbor
User avatar
LakerLord3

 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: LA

Postby scar21 on Thu May 12, 2005 10:12 am

This rumor appears to be pretty old http://www.hoopsworld.com/printer_12326.shtml
scar21

 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:55 pm

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu May 12, 2005 10:32 am

could be old. But the fact they listed Lakers as an option makes it a possibilty. Plus add in the fact that a so called "insider" said to watch out for a disgrutnled all-star who could be traded here this summer. :man1:

Cant imagine Atlanta wasting all their cap space and number one pick for Stevie though. Their better off possibily drafting a good point or center then spending their cap on a good FA. That Denver trade is really tempting. But with Denver's recent success it might be hard to break up the team. But who knows, our deal doesnt sound too good as well lol.
Image
User avatar
MarkMadsen

 
Posts: 7461
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby The Laker Link on Thu May 12, 2005 12:41 pm

Weisbrod is also trying to deal Christe but it looks like the Lakers won't take him. They would have to include George but apperantly he's in another deal.


Am I reading that right??? Does it say ANOTHER DEAL??? Yes Mitch is working out stuff...let's hope that if this article is true that the deals are good and fair...including this one and the one that he said "George is in!"
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby Laker Jam on Thu May 12, 2005 12:54 pm

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE trade for the Lakers. I hope we don't do it. Francis only leads losing teams and there's a reason for that. He's a horrible ball hog and that's why the Magic is trying to dump him. In fact, Magic fans have been hating on Stevie for awhile now, as it became more and more obvious what a selfish player he is. How many Hoopsworld.com columns were strictly about how the Magic need to dump this guy? Too many to count, that's how many.

I watched Stevie ALOT last year. There were games where Grant Hill was on fire down the stretch of tight games and Francis would grab the ball, dribble dribble dribble, Hill would be wide open near the basket, Francis wouldn't pass him the ball and just dribble dribble dribble some more, the shot clock would wind down to 5 seconds and Francis would then shoot the ball and miss. Clank. Simply awful possesions and decision making down the stretch of games. Say no thanks to that absolutely HORRIBLE excuse for a PG.

Okay, I'll revise that. If Phil comes back and we run the Triangle, then I'd still hate the trade, but would be more optimistic about Phil's ability to handle Francis. I know for a fact Phil would bench Stevie's butt if he held onto the rock too long. He did it for years to Kobe and Kobe became the best player on the planet under Phil. Not that Francis has any chance at all to reach Kobe's level.

The thing is, that since we don't know if Phil IS coming back - what with the contract negotiations stalled over Phil wanting a say in roster decisions - I'd rather make something else happen first with another player. Butler should be moved for a BIG (Boozer), not for a little, greedy, ball hog with horrid decision making skills, especially when we don't know for certain who will be our next coach and if he's truly qualified to make it all work.
Last edited by Laker Jam on Thu May 12, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laker Jam

 
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:50 pm

Postby The Laker Link on Thu May 12, 2005 12:57 pm

Hey...so with this Francis thing and George getting worked out in another deal...if that is true what if the "DEAL" with George is getting worked in for is for KG...and this is the deal...KG 4 Odom, George, and Cook??? That would be bad if we could do these two trades but it all depends on the GMs and stuff but still look at this...

Line-Up:

Mihm
KG
Walton
Kobe
Francis


Now the only problem (according to people) is Kobe and Francis learning to share the ball with each other...but I bet if they can figure it out quickly and perfect ly...you can see a good friendship and some SICK SICK ally-ops to each other and to and from KG...which would be bad a** for the Lakers...now like I said...it all depends on the GMs and what can be worked out but if these rumors are true that Francis might be a Laker and that George is in another deal away from Butler than hopefully the "DEAL" george is in is for KG with Odom and Cook or someone else and I think with trades and a roster like this...we'd have a he** of a season and maybe a championship again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby Laker Jam on Thu May 12, 2005 1:04 pm

The Laker Link wrote:Hey...so with this Francis thing and George getting worked out in another deal...if that is true what if the "DEAL" with George is getting worked in for is for KG...and this is the deal...KG 4 Odom, George, and Cook??? That would be bad if we could do these two trades but it all depends on the GMs and stuff but still look at this...



The George deal has nothing whatsoever to do with KG. It's a deal with the Pacers for Bender and their #1 pick.
Last edited by Laker Jam on Thu May 12, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laker Jam

 
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:50 pm

Postby GuRu on Thu May 12, 2005 1:05 pm

Laker Link -

Have you absolutely no common sense?

We are not adding Francis and KG

Please, for the love of God, stop!
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 12, 2005 1:17 pm

The Laker Link wrote:
Weisbrod is also trying to deal Christe but it looks like the Lakers won't take him. They would have to include George but apperantly he's in another deal.


Am I reading that right??? Does it say ANOTHER DEAL??? Yes Mitch is working out stuff...let's hope that if this article is true that the deals are good and fair...including this one and the one that he said "George is in!"


He's probably talking about the Bender deal with Indy.
User avatar
Mark McNamara

 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: L.A.

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 12, 2005 1:26 pm

Laker Jam wrote:HORRIBLE HORRIBLE trade for the Lakers. I hope we don't do it. Francis only leads losing teams and there's a reason for that. He's a horrible ball hog and that's why the Magic is trying to dump him. In fact, Magic fans have been hating on Stevie for awhile now, as it became more and more obvious what a selfish player he is. How many Hoopsworld.com columns were strictly about how the Magic need to dump this guy? Too many to count, that's how many.

I watched Stevie ALOT last year. There were games where Grant Hill was on fire down the stretch of tight games and Francis would grab the ball, dribble dribble dribble, Hill would be wide open near the basket, Francis wouldn't pass him the ball and just dribble dribble dribble some more, the shot clock would wind down to 5 seconds and Francis would then shoot the ball and miss. Clank. Simply awful possesions and decision making down the stretch of games. Say no thanks to that absolutely HORRIBLE excuse for a PG.

Okay, I'll revise that. If Phil comes back and we run the Triangle, then I'd still hate the trade, but would be more optimistic about Phil's ability to handle Francis. I know for a fact Phil would bench Stevie's butt if he held onto the rock too long. He did it for years to Kobe and Kobe became the best player on the planet under Phil. Not that Francis has any chance at all to reach Kobe's level.

The thing is, that since we don't know if Phil IS coming back - what with the contract negotiations stalled over Phil wanting a say in roster decisions - I'd rather make something else happen first with another player. Butler should be moved for a BIG (Boozer), not for a little, greedy, ball hog with horrid decision making skills, especially when we don't know for certain who will be our next coach and if he's truly qualified to make it all work.


Franchise does not lead losing teams. He had his Houston teams up and coming for years with a bunch of nobody's until they went and handed the team to Yao. Then he had his Orlando team in the playoff mix this year until they went and traded Mobley for no reason. It's not his fault he always has bad players on his team, but even though, his teams seem to play well. Anyway, I think if Phil comes back he can sell Francis on ball movement....he did it with Kobe. I also think we can get a nice big in the first round with our pick or with Indy's pick that we might get, so it all works out.
Last edited by Mark McNamara on Thu May 12, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Mark McNamara

 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: L.A.

Postby The Laker Link on Thu May 12, 2005 1:28 pm

GuRu wrote:Laker Link -

Have you absolutely no common sense?

We are not adding Francis and KG

Please, for the love of God, stop!


Ok...that's cool...I guess I will...but guys can we PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER...that I am just thinking and not saying we're getting people. I don't know who were getting and won't until, just like everyone else, they come out and say it...so when someone says they heard this and stuff than I'm going to think "Oh ok so this is the talk so maybe this will happen and then maybe this will happen..." So it's not like I'm saying..."Oh we got Francis and KG alreayd and we're going to win!" I'm saying "Based on info. and what everyone is saying MAYBE we'll get Francis...and since George is getting worked in a different deal MAYBE it's for KG or someone like that." I don't think ONCE in that statement I said we're getting KG and Francis...and if I did than what I was trying to say is "MAYBE getting" so just remember that...I'm completely cool with you guys jumping me now but don't believe that I am saying we are or am going to go tell the world...remember that I am thinking "Ok WE MIGHT GET THEM...it's all just talk and nothing is set in stone yet." Guru man...I'm not trying to be rude and I'm not made...but I'm saying remember that so then it doesn't seem to me that you guys think I am the biggest idiot here because I know I'm not...sometimes yes...and I know I don't really understand the trading process just quite yet but I am trying to...so like I said...when I say or read something and then give a suggestion like this it's because I'm seeing that it is in the talk and trying to give ideas as to what maybe the other deal is that htis guy is talking about or maybe Mitch should look at this plan or something...hell I don't care who we get...just as long as they are good, an all-star, and can help us win NEXT YEAR...and help pull the load for Kobe on winning...that's it...and nothing else. SO we cool now??? Do we understand my thinking??? YEA FOR THE TALK ON GETTING FRANCIS....whether we get him or not that all depends...at least it is in the talk and hopefully the deal this guy was talking about for George is for MAYBE KG or someone else that is just as good....and if not...oh well let's hope we can get Francis or someone at least this off-season to help us and get to work at a 3-PEAT or more in the future...and maybe ...just maybe....WE CAN GET LUCKY and get both KG and Francis...and if not you gives a dang just as long as we get one, the other, or a different but little better All-Star person to help us and Kobe to a 3-PEAT or MORE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby Still A Dynasty on Thu May 12, 2005 1:56 pm

id do that trade without hesitation

francis and kobe couldnt be stopped...especially if they learn each other and how to feed each other

if for some reason it doesnt work out we could always trade him for a pg and a big...maybe somthing like francis for hinrich and chandler or swift and williams
User avatar
Still A Dynasty

 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: City of Angels

Postby Laker Jam on Thu May 12, 2005 2:11 pm

Mark McNamara wrote:
Laker Jam wrote:HORRIBLE HORRIBLE trade for the Lakers. I hope we don't do it. Francis only leads losing teams and there's a reason for that. He's a horrible ball hog and that's why the Magic is trying to dump him. In fact, Magic fans have been hating on Stevie for awhile now, as it became more and more obvious what a selfish player he is. How many Hoopsworld.com columns were strictly about how the Magic need to dump this guy? Too many to count, that's how many.

I watched Stevie ALOT last year. There were games where Grant Hill was on fire down the stretch of tight games and Francis would grab the ball, dribble dribble dribble, Hill would be wide open near the basket, Francis wouldn't pass him the ball and just dribble dribble dribble some more, the shot clock would wind down to 5 seconds and Francis would then shoot the ball and miss. Clank. Simply awful possesions and decision making down the stretch of games. Say no thanks to that absolutely HORRIBLE excuse for a PG.

Okay, I'll revise that. If Phil comes back and we run the Triangle, then I'd still hate the trade, but would be more optimistic about Phil's ability to handle Francis. I know for a fact Phil would bench Stevie's butt if he held onto the rock too long. He did it for years to Kobe and Kobe became the best player on the planet under Phil. Not that Francis has any chance at all to reach Kobe's level.

The thing is, that since we don't know if Phil IS coming back - what with the contract negotiations stalled over Phil wanting a say in roster decisions - I'd rather make something else happen first with another player. Butler should be moved for a BIG (Boozer), not for a little, greedy, ball hog with horrid decision making skills, especially when we don't know for certain who will be our next coach and if he's truly qualified to make it all work.


Franchise does not lead losing teams. He had his Houston teams up and coming for years with a bunch of nobody's until they went and handed the team to Yao. Then he had his Orlando team in the playoff mix this year until they went and traded Mobley for no reason. It's not his fault he always has bad players on his team, but even though, his teams seem to play well. Anyway, I think if Phil comes back he can sell Francis on ball movement....he did it with Kobe. I also think we can get a nice big in the first round with our pick or with Indy's pick that we might get, so it all works out.


Yes he does. How many times has he been to the playoffs? Twice? How many times has he gotten out of the first round? Never. Sorry, but if your team doesn't win or at least compete for more than just 1 and done, that's not leaading winning teams.

You may love the idea of Francis, but I don't. He's a ballhogging selfish basketball player who just doesn't get it. Furthermore, when he was finally put into a structured system, he couldn't thrive in it at all, since it required his having to actually let the ball leave his hands and move around to other players. He hated having to defer to Yao. He put up his worst stats since he's been in the league, the moment he was made to play unselfishly and within a system. He couldn't even care enough about winning, to play unselfishly and make it work with Yao - which was a golden opportunity for any long term championship aspirations.

steve Francis is not about winning, he's about show-boating and being the man. His decision making shows that to be true. Can he change? Anyone can, but I'm not going to say he's anything that he hasn't yet shown himself to be.

Plus, with such a guard heavy draft, I see zero reason for the Lakers to make this deal. There's no reason to force a square into a circle here. Butler should be moved to acquire a big man, not wasted on Francis.
Laker Jam

 
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:50 pm

Postby MSUmike on Thu May 12, 2005 2:23 pm

The Laker Link wrote:Ok...that's cool...I guess I will...but guys can we PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER...that I am just thinking and not saying we're getting people. I don't know who were getting and won't until, just like everyone else, they come out and say it...so when someone says they heard this and stuff than I'm going to think "Oh ok so this is the talk so maybe this will happen and then maybe this will happen..." So it's not like I'm saying..."Oh we got Francis and KG alreayd and we're going to win!" I'm saying "Based on info. and what everyone is saying MAYBE we'll get Francis...and since George is getting worked in a different deal MAYBE it's for KG or someone like that." I don't think ONCE in that statement I said we're getting KG and Francis...and if I did than what I was trying to say is "MAYBE getting" so just remember that...I'm completely cool with you guys jumping me now but don't believe that I am saying we are or am going to go tell the world...remember that I am thinking "Ok WE MIGHT GET THEM...it's all just talk and nothing is set in stone yet." Guru man...I'm not trying to be rude and I'm not made...but I'm saying remember that so then it doesn't seem to me that you guys think I am the biggest idiot here because I know I'm not...sometimes yes...and I know I don't really understand the trading process just quite yet but I am trying to...so like I said...when I say or read something and then give a suggestion like this it's because I'm seeing that it is in the talk and trying to give ideas as to what maybe the other deal is that htis guy is talking about or maybe Mitch should look at this plan or something...hell I don't care who we get...just as long as they are good, an all-star, and can help us win NEXT YEAR...and help pull the load for Kobe on winning...that's it...and nothing else. SO we cool now??? Do we understand my thinking??? YEA FOR THE TALK ON GETTING FRANCIS....whether we get him or not that all depends...at least it is in the talk and hopefully the deal this guy was talking about for George is for MAYBE KG or someone else that is just as good....and if not...oh well let's hope we can get Francis or someone at least this off-season to help us and get to work at a 3-PEAT or more in the future...and maybe ...just maybe....WE CAN GET LUCKY and get both KG and Francis...and if not you gives a dang just as long as we get one, the other, or a different but little better All-Star person to help us and Kobe to a 3-PEAT or MORE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!


Image
MSUmike

 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:30 pm

Postby KB24 on Thu May 12, 2005 3:07 pm

GuRu wrote:Laker Link -

Have you absolutely no common sense?

We are not adding Francis and KG

Please, for the love of God, stop!
:man10: Is something wrong with 3 max contracts :man12: Buss won´t allow a yankee payroll.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby DMK on Thu May 12, 2005 3:54 pm

.... :man10: something strikes me as odd to see a bunny with a pancake on its head, but im laughing for some reason :man10:

Anyways, considering how LA struck out when it came to picking up mid season players during the trade deadline fiasco (Boozer/BDiddy etc)...i doubt we do anything this year either.

But it is fun getting excited over names being thrown around, buty ou kind of wanna puke to death when they actaully DO NOTHING instead. :man11:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18884
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 12, 2005 4:06 pm

DMK wrote:....considering how LA struck out when it came to picking up mid season players during the trade deadline fiasco (Boozer/BDiddy etc)...i doubt we do anything this year either.....


Why do you say that? Mitch didn't make any moves at the deadline so he would be able to make a big deal this offseason.
User avatar
Mark McNamara

 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: L.A.

Postby DMK on Thu May 12, 2005 4:08 pm

^^ Again, i dont disagree with your statement cause it fact can work out for the best.

Im just saying, i was expecting atleast Bdiddy or someone during that time. Either way, i still watched all of the laker games and supported them....just like i always have, win or lose.... thats what REAL Laker fans have done for decades, and will always do. ;)
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18884
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby The Laker Link on Thu May 12, 2005 4:12 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:
GuRu wrote:Laker Link -

Have you absolutely no common sense?

We are not adding Francis and KG

Please, for the love of God, stop!
:man10: Is something wrong with 3 max contracts :man12: Buss won´t allow a yankee payroll.


Yeah but IF....IF....IF....IF....the Lakers DID....DID....DID....DID....get Francis and KG how do you know that they wouldn't have to take a LITTLE MONEY DEDUCTION....like about 2 or 2.5 million to make space and everything....now remember this is all IF but still I think Mitch and Buss could really work it out if they wanted to and stuff so it's just a matter or sitting, waiting, and seeing so...but I say never take any idea as a crazy one because the Shaq trade was probably the craziest trade ever played anyways so...
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Laker Jam wrote:
Mark McNamara wrote:
Laker Jam wrote:HORRIBLE HORRIBLE trade for the Lakers. I hope we don't do it. Francis only leads losing teams and there's a reason for that. He's a horrible ball hog and that's why the Magic is trying to dump him. In fact, Magic fans have been hating on Stevie for awhile now, as it became more and more obvious what a selfish player he is. How many Hoopsworld.com columns were strictly about how the Magic need to dump this guy? Too many to count, that's how many.

I watched Stevie ALOT last year. There were games where Grant Hill was on fire down the stretch of tight games and Francis would grab the ball, dribble dribble dribble, Hill would be wide open near the basket, Francis wouldn't pass him the ball and just dribble dribble dribble some more, the shot clock would wind down to 5 seconds and Francis would then shoot the ball and miss. Clank. Simply awful possesions and decision making down the stretch of games. Say no thanks to that absolutely HORRIBLE excuse for a PG.

Okay, I'll revise that. If Phil comes back and we run the Triangle, then I'd still hate the trade, but would be more optimistic about Phil's ability to handle Francis. I know for a fact Phil would bench Stevie's butt if he held onto the rock too long. He did it for years to Kobe and Kobe became the best player on the planet under Phil. Not that Francis has any chance at all to reach Kobe's level.

The thing is, that since we don't know if Phil IS coming back - what with the contract negotiations stalled over Phil wanting a say in roster decisions - I'd rather make something else happen first with another player. Butler should be moved for a BIG (Boozer), not for a little, greedy, ball hog with horrid decision making skills, especially when we don't know for certain who will be our next coach and if he's truly qualified to make it all work.


Franchise does not lead losing teams. He had his Houston teams up and coming for years with a bunch of nobody's until they went and handed the team to Yao. Then he had his Orlando team in the playoff mix this year until they went and traded Mobley for no reason. It's not his fault he always has bad players on his team, but even though, his teams seem to play well. Anyway, I think if Phil comes back he can sell Francis on ball movement....he did it with Kobe. I also think we can get a nice big in the first round with our pick or with Indy's pick that we might get, so it all works out.


Yes he does. How many times has he been to the playoffs? Twice? How many times has he gotten out of the first round? Never. Sorry, but if your team doesn't win or at least compete for more than just 1 and done, that's not leaading winning teams.

You may love the idea of Francis, but I don't. He's a ballhogging selfish basketball player who just doesn't get it. Furthermore, when he was finally put into a structured system, he couldn't thrive in it at all, since it required his having to actually let the ball leave his hands and move around to other players. He hated having to defer to Yao. He put up his worst stats since he's been in the league, the moment he was made to play unselfishly and within a system. He couldn't even care enough about winning, to play unselfishly and make it work with Yao - which was a golden opportunity for any long term championship aspirations.

steve Francis is not about winning, he's about show-boating and being the man. His decision making shows that to be true. Can he change? Anyone can, but I'm not going to say he's anything that he hasn't yet shown himself to be.

Plus, with such a guard heavy draft, I see zero reason for the Lakers to make this deal. There's no reason to force a square into a circle here. Butler should be moved to acquire a big man, not wasted on Francis.


Name me some players from those Houston teams....none are really worth mentioning besides Francis and Mobley. Can you blame them for not getting far in the playoffs? And even if he didn't like it, he did defer to Yao, that's the very reason his numbers were down. (By the way, Yao didn't deserve to be the #1 option at that time). Francis had those teams on his shoulders and he got them as far as they could go....it's not his fault they never got him help.

Oh, and I would like a big man also, but I would like to get the best player we can for Butler, so if things don't work out we still have alot of value to trade. With Francis we would have an all star caliber PG. I don't see anyone giving up an all star caliber PF or C for Butler.
User avatar
Mark McNamara

 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: L.A.

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.