Sun Sentinel: Trading Marion the best solution for the Heat?

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:24 pm

i've narrowed my desired players for odom to 2 players

artest
marion

both give us what we need but artest gives us more of what we need
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:31 pm

Marion is going to have a contract that is too much for us to take on. With Drew's extension, Kobe, and Pau, adding Marion would basically put us over the cap just with those 4.
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Postby Master Zen on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Give up the Matrix and the ugliest shoot in NBA History

Ron Artest is the real deal, that's all.
Image
All about Lakers (French):
http://lakers.unblog.fr
User avatar
Master Zen

 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:37 pm
Location: France

Postby Larry14r on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Master Zen wrote:Give up the Matrix and the ugliest shoot in NBA History

Ron Artest is the real deal, that's all.


Even though he's clamed legally insane. So basically it comes down to either the crybaby or the whackjob.
Larry14r

 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:59 pm

Postby Senor Mortgage on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Marion>Artest IMO. He is a consistent Lamar Odom but with a worse attitude. Artest is just too crazy for me. Marion is a 3 who can still play the 4 if need be.
Senor Mortgage

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:33 am

Postby DANNY DANNY on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm

marion in purple and gold? love the idea

his ego is a big concern but once he gets a reasonable contract entension he'll settle down

an extension at around 12 million sounds reasonable

i cant believe this deal hasnt been done yet, its a perfect match for both team.
DANNY DANNY

 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:30 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3729 ... n-the-move


Shawn Marion has been one of the more underrated players in the NBA for the past few years. His numbers and production have ranked up there with all the stars of the league.

Last season the Heat traded Shaq for Marion in a blockbuster deal, and after drafting Michael Beasley, Marion could be traded once again.




The Heat have been drawing interests from the Lakers, Warriors, and Clippers.

The Lakers would be a nice fit for Marion. They need a defensive player, and Marion is one of the best. He can be able to run with Kobe and will be a nice asset to the triangle.

The Lakers would have been rumored to already offer Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm. I see this trade being fair for the Heat. In return they get Odom's large expiring contract and a solid center, in which they need, with Mihm.
User avatar
Aceiz2fresh

 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 pm

i love artest and want him more but i would not be mad at marion at all

but he would have to agree to a 5 year 12 million a year extension
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:04 pm


Yea marions a versatile defender.
With him n kobe as perimeter defenders, i wouldn't be mad at all.

User avatar
Aceiz2fresh

 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Postby westcoast21 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:13 pm

Aceiz2fresh wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/37290-nba-rumors-shawn-marion-on-the-move


Shawn Marion has been one of the more underrated players in the NBA for the past few years. His numbers and production have ranked up there with all the stars of the league.

Last season the Heat traded Shaq for Marion in a blockbuster deal, and after drafting Michael Beasley, Marion could be traded once again.




The Heat have been drawing interests from the Lakers, Warriors, and Clippers.

The Lakers would be a nice fit for Marion. They need a defensive player, and Marion is one of the best. He can be able to run with Kobe and will be a nice asset to the triangle.

The Lakers would have been rumored to already offer Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm. I see this trade being fair for the Heat. In return they get Odom's large expiring contract and a solid center, in which they need, with Mihm.


"A solid center, with Mihm"


:freak2:
Image
User avatar
westcoast21

 
Posts: 3745
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: Ariza's Asylum

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:21 pm


Maybe he hasn't realized how many games mihm has played
:man9:
User avatar
Aceiz2fresh

 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Postby westcoast21 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:30 pm

I just want something to happen. And i believe something will. The Lakers know they fell short of the title without Bynum. But with Bynum i still think Odom would have pulled his houdini act. I really think with Marion, the Lakers would be 3X more dangerous. I mean Kobe having the ball in his hands, throwing the ball up for Marion or Bynum? Even Gasol can complete the alley oop. Everyone likes Ariza. Marion is the all star version of ariza. Marion, even though his shot is ugly as heck, still can make a jumpshot which Ariza cant do consistantly. Marion slashes like Ariza, but five times better. Marion plays D like Ariza, but three times as good.
Image
User avatar
westcoast21

 
Posts: 3745
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: Ariza's Asylum

Postby GinoDB on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:42 pm

westcoast21 wrote:I just want something to happen. And i believe something will. The Lakers know they fell short of the title without Bynum. But with Bynum i still think Odom would have pulled his houdini act. I really think with Marion, the Lakers would be 3X more dangerous. I mean Kobe having the ball in his hands, throwing the ball up for Marion or Bynum? Even Gasol can complete the alley oop. Everyone likes Ariza. Marion is the all star version of ariza. Marion, even though his shot is ugly as heck, still can make a jumpshot which Ariza cant do consistantly. Marion slashes like Ariza, but five times better. Marion plays D like Ariza, but three times as good.


thats how I always feel, trade are always interesting, even if they don't seem good at first (unles youre a Memphis fan,
:mhihi: )
User avatar
GinoDB

 
Posts: 7916
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: GO LAKERS !

Postby Chicano on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:13 am

westcoast21 wrote:
Aceiz2fresh wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/37290-nba-rumors-shawn-marion-on-the-move


Shawn Marion has been one of the more underrated players in the NBA for the past few years. His numbers and production have ranked up there with all the stars of the league.

Last season the Heat traded Shaq for Marion in a blockbuster deal, and after drafting Michael Beasley, Marion could be traded once again.




The Heat have been drawing interests from the Lakers, Warriors, and Clippers.

The Lakers would be a nice fit for Marion. They need a defensive player, and Marion is one of the best. He can be able to run with Kobe and will be a nice asset to the triangle.

The Lakers would have been rumored to already offer Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm. I see this trade being fair for the Heat. In return they get Odom's large expiring contract and a solid center, in which they need, with Mihm.


"A solid center, with Mihm"


:freak2:
My thoughts exactly when I read that.
Chicano

 

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:33 am

I'd be all for Marion, we're basically renting him for a year, it's low risk, high reward. I mean a team of Fish, Kobe, Marion, Gasol, Bynum? That's sick, if we can't get Artest I go for Marion easy.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50906
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:30 am

Chicano wrote:
westcoast21 wrote:
Aceiz2fresh wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/37290-nba-rumors-shawn-marion-on-the-move


Shawn Marion has been one of the more underrated players in the NBA for the past few years. His numbers and production have ranked up there with all the stars of the league.

Last season the Heat traded Shaq for Marion in a blockbuster deal, and after drafting Michael Beasley, Marion could be traded once again.




The Heat have been drawing interests from the Lakers, Warriors, and Clippers.

The Lakers would be a nice fit for Marion. They need a defensive player, and Marion is one of the best. He can be able to run with Kobe and will be a nice asset to the triangle.

The Lakers would have been rumored to already offer Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm. I see this trade being fair for the Heat. In return they get Odom's large expiring contract and a solid center, in which they need, with Mihm.


"A solid center, with Mihm"


:freak2:
My thoughts exactly when I read that.


Mihm is a solid center, he's just injured.
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Postby Chicano on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:56 am

^ You honestly believe he'll ever be the same?

I know I don't. I think EVEN IF fully healthy, he just won't be the same solid/quality player he once was in this league anymore. The athleticism that shined so brightly for him in several aspects of his game once such as shotblocking, finishing at the rim aggresive/explosive with powerful/athletic finishes, outjumping, outworking, and sometimes outhustling his man for rebounds, loose balls, tip ins, etc... all that imo.. just won't be the same EVER anymore for him.

It does suck very much to say the least and I personally feel bad for him and our Lakers for the loss we had to endure with his unfortunate luck. I personally enjoyed watching him very much in his best days, but they seem to be long gone now fully healthy or not, unfortunately, in my eyes at least.
Chicano

 

Postby GinoDB on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:03 am

Chicano wrote:^ You honestly believe he'll ever be the same?

I know I don't. I think EVEN IF fully healthy, he just won't be the same solid/quality player he once was in this league anymore. The athleticism that shined so brightly for him in several aspects of his game once such as shotblocking, finishing at the rim aggresive/explosive with powerful/athletic finishes, outjumping, outworking, and sometimes outhustling his man for rebounds, loose balls, tip ins, etc... all that imo.. just won't be the same EVER anymore for him.

It does suck very much to say the least and I personally feel bad for him and our Lakers for the loss we had to endure with his unfortunate luck. I personally enjoyed watching him very much in his best days, but they seem to be long gone now fully healthy or not, unfortunately, in my eyes at least.


unfortunately Id have to agree with you, he seems to be done, but if he could be 75% of the player he used to be I think he might be a really nice bonus for us, thats assuming he isn't traded, he averaged 10/6 when he played 59 games for us, if he can do 7pts/4rebs ,t hat would be huge for us.
User avatar
GinoDB

 
Posts: 7916
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: GO LAKERS !

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:17 am

I don't think he'll be the same, but he's still a solid center in this league who could be a 7/7 guy if he gets any luck health wise. An expiring contract on low salary is worth it if the team is needing a big.
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Postby DaRizzle on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:22 am

Damnit....I wanted to wake up and see that the Matrix was a Laker and Odom and Walton were not!!! Please let that happen!
User avatar
DaRizzle

 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Torrance

Postby popo on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Chicano wrote:
westcoast21 wrote:
Aceiz2fresh wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/37290-nba-rumors-shawn-marion-on-the-move


Shawn Marion has been one of the more underrated players in the NBA for the past few years. His numbers and production have ranked up there with all the stars of the league.

Last season the Heat traded Shaq for Marion in a blockbuster deal, and after drafting Michael Beasley, Marion could be traded once again.




The Heat have been drawing interests from the Lakers, Warriors, and Clippers.

The Lakers would be a nice fit for Marion. They need a defensive player, and Marion is one of the best. He can be able to run with Kobe and will be a nice asset to the triangle.

The Lakers would have been rumored to already offer Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm. I see this trade being fair for the Heat. In return they get Odom's large expiring contract and a solid center, in which they need, with Mihm.


"A solid center, with Mihm"


:freak2:
My thoughts exactly when I read that.


Mine 2.
Image
popo

 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 8:17 pm
Location: Studio City, CA

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Even when healthy, Mihm is nothing special and won't cure our defensive woes... this guy is more foul-prone than Mbenga and Turiaf combined...
- insert signature here -
User avatar
Congo Cash

 
Posts: 4529
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:58 am
Location: Philippines

Postby chingy248 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Odom memories
With Lamar Odom mentioned in Lakers trade speculation, Wade acknowledged there still are times he thinks about his former Heat teammate.

"I love L.O. as a person and, of course, as a player," Wade said. "We had one year together. I wish we could have had more.

"It's a guy who I've always said it's a possibility when he left that he can maybe come back. ... A player like that, we would love to have a chance to get because he's so versatile."
User avatar
chingy248

 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Tennessee

Postby ADT on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:59 pm

^ D-Whistle pushing for a LO for Marion Deal? LOL...he's just making LO's value go even higher! thanks D-Whistle...
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

Image
User avatar
ADT

 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:22 am

ADT wrote:^ D-Whistle pushing for a LO for Marion Deal? LOL...he's just making LO's value go even higher! thanks D-Whistle...


A year rental of Marion is worth it IMO. He fits what we need for the most part.
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.