Sun Sentinel: Trading Marion the best solution for the Heat?

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:24 pm

i've narrowed my desired players for odom to 2 players

artest
marion

both give us what we need but artest gives us more of what we need
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:31 pm

Marion is going to have a contract that is too much for us to take on. With Drew's extension, Kobe, and Pau, adding Marion would basically put us over the cap just with those 4.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Master Zen on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Give up the Matrix and the ugliest shoot in NBA History

Ron Artest is the real deal, that's all.
All about Lakers (French):
http://lakers.unblog.fr
Master Zen

Postby Larry14r on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Master Zen wrote:Give up the Matrix and the ugliest shoot in NBA History

Ron Artest is the real deal, that's all.

Even though he's clamed legally insane. So basically it comes down to either the crybaby or the whackjob.
Larry14r

Postby Senor Mortgage on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Marion>Artest IMO. He is a consistent Lamar Odom but with a worse attitude. Artest is just too crazy for me. Marion is a 3 who can still play the 4 if need be.
Senor Mortgage

Postby DANNY DANNY on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm

marion in purple and gold? love the idea

his ego is a big concern but once he gets a reasonable contract entension he'll settle down

an extension at around 12 million sounds reasonable

i cant believe this deal hasnt been done yet, its a perfect match for both team.
DANNY DANNY

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:30 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3729 ... n-the-move

Shawn Marion has been one of the more underrated players in the NBA for the past few years. His numbers and production have ranked up there with all the stars of the league.

Last season the Heat traded Shaq for Marion in a blockbuster deal, and after drafting Michael Beasley, Marion could be traded once again.

The Heat have been drawing interests from the Lakers, Warriors, and Clippers.

The Lakers would be a nice fit for Marion. They need a defensive player, and Marion is one of the best. He can be able to run with Kobe and will be a nice asset to the triangle.

The Lakers would have been rumored to already offer Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm. I see this trade being fair for the Heat. In return they get Odom's large expiring contract and a solid center, in which they need, with Mihm.
Aceiz2fresh

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 pm

i love artest and want him more but i would not be mad at marion at all

but he would have to agree to a 5 year 12 million a year extension
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Yea marions a versatile defender.
With him n kobe as perimeter defenders, i wouldn't be mad at all.

Aceiz2fresh

Postby westcoast21 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:13 pm

Aceiz2fresh wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/37290-nba-rumors-shawn-marion-on-the-move

Shawn Marion has been one of the more underrated players in the NBA for the past few years. His numbers and production have ranked up there with all the stars of the league.

Last season the Heat traded Shaq for Marion in a blockbuster deal, and after drafting Michael Beasley, Marion could be traded once again.

The Lakers would be a nice fit for Marion. They need a defensive player, and Marion is one of the best. He can be able to run with Kobe and will be a nice asset to the triangle.

The Lakers would have been rumored to already offer Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm. I see this trade being fair for the Heat. In return they get Odom's large expiring contract and a solid center, in which they need, with Mihm.

"A solid center, with Mihm"

:freak2:
westcoast21

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:21 pm

Maybe he hasn't realized how many games mihm has played
:man9:
Aceiz2fresh

Postby westcoast21 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:30 pm

I just want something to happen. And i believe something will. The Lakers know they fell short of the title without Bynum. But with Bynum i still think Odom would have pulled his houdini act. I really think with Marion, the Lakers would be 3X more dangerous. I mean Kobe having the ball in his hands, throwing the ball up for Marion or Bynum? Even Gasol can complete the alley oop. Everyone likes Ariza. Marion is the all star version of ariza. Marion, even though his shot is ugly as heck, still can make a jumpshot which Ariza cant do consistantly. Marion slashes like Ariza, but five times better. Marion plays D like Ariza, but three times as good.
westcoast21

Postby GinoDB on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:42 pm

westcoast21 wrote:I just want something to happen. And i believe something will. The Lakers know they fell short of the title without Bynum. But with Bynum i still think Odom would have pulled his houdini act. I really think with Marion, the Lakers would be 3X more dangerous. I mean Kobe having the ball in his hands, throwing the ball up for Marion or Bynum? Even Gasol can complete the alley oop. Everyone likes Ariza. Marion is the all star version of ariza. Marion, even though his shot is ugly as heck, still can make a jumpshot which Ariza cant do consistantly. Marion slashes like Ariza, but five times better. Marion plays D like Ariza, but three times as good.

thats how I always feel, trade are always interesting, even if they don't seem good at first (unles youre a Memphis fan,
:mhihi: )
GinoDB

Postby Chicano on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:13 am

westcoast21 wrote:
Aceiz2fresh wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/37290-nba-rumors-shawn-marion-on-the-move

My thoughts exactly when I read that.
Chicano

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:33 am

I'd be all for Marion, we're basically renting him for a year, it's low risk, high reward. I mean a team of Fish, Kobe, Marion, Gasol, Bynum? That's sick, if we can't get Artest I go for Marion easy.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:30 am

Chicano wrote:
westcoast21 wrote:

Mihm is a solid center, he's just injured.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Chicano on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:56 am

^ You honestly believe he'll ever be the same?

I know I don't. I think EVEN IF fully healthy, he just won't be the same solid/quality player he once was in this league anymore. The athleticism that shined so brightly for him in several aspects of his game once such as shotblocking, finishing at the rim aggresive/explosive with powerful/athletic finishes, outjumping, outworking, and sometimes outhustling his man for rebounds, loose balls, tip ins, etc... all that imo.. just won't be the same EVER anymore for him.

It does suck very much to say the least and I personally feel bad for him and our Lakers for the loss we had to endure with his unfortunate luck. I personally enjoyed watching him very much in his best days, but they seem to be long gone now fully healthy or not, unfortunately, in my eyes at least.
Chicano

Postby GinoDB on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:03 am

Chicano wrote:^ You honestly believe he'll ever be the same?

I know I don't. I think EVEN IF fully healthy, he just won't be the same solid/quality player he once was in this league anymore. The athleticism that shined so brightly for him in several aspects of his game once such as shotblocking, finishing at the rim aggresive/explosive with powerful/athletic finishes, outjumping, outworking, and sometimes outhustling his man for rebounds, loose balls, tip ins, etc... all that imo.. just won't be the same EVER anymore for him.

It does suck very much to say the least and I personally feel bad for him and our Lakers for the loss we had to endure with his unfortunate luck. I personally enjoyed watching him very much in his best days, but they seem to be long gone now fully healthy or not, unfortunately, in my eyes at least.

unfortunately Id have to agree with you, he seems to be done, but if he could be 75% of the player he used to be I think he might be a really nice bonus for us, thats assuming he isn't traded, he averaged 10/6 when he played 59 games for us, if he can do 7pts/4rebs ,t hat would be huge for us.
GinoDB

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:17 am

I don't think he'll be the same, but he's still a solid center in this league who could be a 7/7 guy if he gets any luck health wise. An expiring contract on low salary is worth it if the team is needing a big.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby DaRizzle on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:22 am

Damnit....I wanted to wake up and see that the Matrix was a Laker and Odom and Walton were not!!! Please let that happen!
DaRizzle

Postby popo on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Chicano wrote:
westcoast21 wrote:

Mine 2.
popo

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Even when healthy, Mihm is nothing special and won't cure our defensive woes... this guy is more foul-prone than Mbenga and Turiaf combined...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby chingy248 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Odom memories
With Lamar Odom mentioned in Lakers trade speculation, Wade acknowledged there still are times he thinks about his former Heat teammate.

"I love L.O. as a person and, of course, as a player," Wade said. "We had one year together. I wish we could have had more.

"It's a guy who I've always said it's a possibility when he left that he can maybe come back. ... A player like that, we would love to have a chance to get because he's so versatile."
chingy248

Postby ADT on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:59 pm

^ D-Whistle pushing for a LO for Marion Deal? LOL...he's just making LO's value go even higher! thanks D-Whistle...
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

ADT

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:22 am

ADT wrote:^ D-Whistle pushing for a LO for Marion Deal? LOL...he's just making LO's value go even higher! thanks D-Whistle...

A year rental of Marion is worth it IMO. He fits what we need for the most part.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors