Tayshaun Prince & Daniel Gibson our only major pick-ups

Tayshaun Prince & Daniel Gibson our only major pick-ups

Postby Smokinout420 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:14 am

According to a poster on RealGM, the Lakers have all but decided to tweak the roster... and someone who broke the Mike Brown to L.A. story is now saying that the core will be intact while going for Prince with the MLE and using the other half for Gibson.....

haha that would be a horrible off-season if thats our big summer..

Mike Brown
Tayshaun Prince
Daniel Gibson

-_-
Smokinout420

Re: Tayshaun Prince & Daniel Gibson our only major pick-ups

Postby basketboy on Wed May 25, 2011 8:27 am

according to a poster on clublakers we're gonna be trading bynum for dwight, and pau for chris paul. just sayin.
all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby nameant on Wed May 25, 2011 8:30 am

Even if this guy knew what the Lakers wanted to do, it doesn't mean it's going to happen.
nameant

Postby LoyalLakerfan44 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:31 am

It would not surprise me the Lakers really have nothing to leverage trades with but a bunch of old players with long contracts. Mike Brown is a horrible pick for a coach, his offense is dismal but will certainly please Kobe. I hope all these rumors are just that.
LoyalLakerfan44

Postby Smokinout420 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:34 am

Here is the guy, Motivated-Baron

LINK
Smokinout420

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Wed May 25, 2011 8:35 am

Gibson would certainly stretch the floor with his 3-point shooting. The Lakers definitely need someone like that!
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby westcoast21 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 am

No offense to person who provided this info, but why would the Lakers spend MLE money on a player where there are two small forwards already?

Gibson makes sense and has been rumored in different articles as being a possibility.

Also, considering that the CBA expires on June 30th and I believe free agency starts a day after, I highly doubt that after getting swept out of the playoffs, that the Lakers front office already identified the two players they are going after. They are probably two possible players, but to say they are the ones they will go out and get is very pre-mature.
westcoast21

Postby akola on Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 am

how does that work when have a logjam of sf in artest, ebanks, barnes, and puke. THATS 4 small forwards. Does prince even have anything left? And then you add another pg who is not that good to begin with who is a streaky shooter, small, and defense on par with blake and fisher. FML
DO NOT BELIEVE
akola

Postby Weezy on Wed May 25, 2011 8:55 am

It's always the guy with zero to 2 posts..
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:57 am

westcoast21 wrote:No offense to person who provided this info, but why would the Lakers spend MLE money on a player where there are two small forwards already?

Gibson makes sense and has been rumored in different articles as being a possibility.

Also, considering that the CBA expires on June 30th and I believe free agency starts a day after, I highly doubt that after getting swept out of the playoffs, that the Lakers front office already identified the two players they are going after. They are probably two possible players, but to say they are the ones they will go out and get is very pre-mature.

Or they already have a deal on the table for Artest.. Which makes getting Prince a no brainer.. We need to get faster at sf & pg.. Artest + Blake or Shannon for Mayo ftw
lakersin4

Postby BigDan24 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:58 am

Gibson would be fine with me because he can knock down the three.

Prince, no thank you. I would have loved to have him a few years ago, but i think he's close to beeing done right now!
BigDan24

Postby emplay on Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 am

i'm the source on gibson - i wrote about it multiple times - and it's my own speculation - so don't believe what you read considering it was just my idea

lakers tried to get prince at the trade deadline though - so we'll see
Check me at at www.HOOPSWORLD.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Postby HDKOBE on Wed May 25, 2011 10:01 am

I was thinking about Prince for a couple days now.

I was going to start a thread wondering if the rest of the board would be ok with having Prince on our team.
I think he was help us alot, right? :man11:
HDKOBE

Postby venky on Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm

I would have loved to have Prince in his prime. Weren't the Lakers supposed to draft him?
venky

Postby nameant on Thu May 26, 2011 7:57 am

Well....just read a few quotes from Mo praising the hiring of Mike Brown. This could mean nothing but who knows. I'd take Mo in a heartbeat.
nameant

Postby therealdeal on Thu May 26, 2011 12:31 pm

^ No to Mo. Just too much money. The Lakers would have to give up too much to get to him (unless the Clippers were willing to take Luke).
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu May 26, 2011 6:38 pm

I think the Lakers can re-stock more through amnesty picks. Maggs or Lewis. Then trying to trade Blake or Ron for someone like Sessions.

MLE? will there be one this year? On Mayo? Since the Lakers are playing for the future.

Prince get us nothing. Gison neither.

Gasol and Ron and DC for Deron and Mr. Kim Kardashian. Bynum and picks for Dwight.

Future set.

D. Will, Fish, Blake
Kobe, Maggs (for min), Fish
Lewis, Barnes, Ebanks
Odum, Mr. Kim, filler
Dwight, filler

Total pipe -- but fixes all. Speed at PG. 3 point shooter. Bench scoring. Youth with mr. Kim, Dwight, and D. Will, plus athleticism.

This is the sort of roster Brown and little Buss are trying to create.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby XXIV on Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 am

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I think the Lakers can re-stock more through amnesty picks. Maggs or Lewis. Then trying to trade Blake or Ron for someone like Sessions.

MLE? will there be one this year? On Mayo? Since the Lakers are playing for the future.

Prince get us nothing. Gison neither.

Gasol and Ron and DC for Deron and Mr. Kim Kardashian. Bynum and picks for Dwight.

Future set.

D. Will, Fish, Blake
Kobe, Maggs (for min), Fish
Lewis, Barnes, Ebanks
Odum, Mr. Kim, filler
Dwight, filler

Total pipe -- but fixes all. Speed at PG. 3 point shooter. Bench scoring. Youth with mr. Kim, Dwight, and D. Will, plus athleticism.

This is the sort of roster Brown and little Buss are trying to create.

That would be one awesome offseason, but sadly Mayo isn't a free agent this year or the next.

And what are amnesty picks?
XXIV

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat May 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Read Emplay's article. With the new contract, the owners and union may allow each team one amnesty decision -- to cut a player from the salary cap or lux tax equation. Each team can get out of one bad contract.

That player cannot sign with the same team (too bad, the Lakers could do that to Kobe, then re-sign him for minimum and clear tons of space). That player still gets paid in full, and can sign on to any other team.

Guys like Luke, Lewis, maggs, Baron Davis, etc. are likely to get axed. I just hope Miami doesn't sign too many of them.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby diehard on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:17 am

For me, this is the biggest reason to get rid of the triangle. We will never benefit from the amnesty, buy-out guys because they will never be able to play mid season. That means these guys go to other teams and make them that much deeper...and better. I hope we can start getting guys to come to the Lakers cause they know they will actually play (unlike Jim Jackson, JR Rider, Mitch Richmond, etc.)
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Postby Phil XI on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:04 pm

If there is an Amnesty, 100% sure Gil Arenas will go.

He needs to be target #1. He'll be getting his 20m from the Wiz and should come cheap (Part MLE maybe?).

He has shown he can PG and dish 7-8 apg while still being a big scoring option.

LA home and ring potential with Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Khlodom, tradition.

Gil/Blake/Fish
Kobe/Fish/2nd
Ron/Barnes/Ebay
Pau/Odom/DC
Bynum/Pau/2nd

And save the TPE for a few months in to see which teams are looking to dump salary.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Return to Sourced Rumors