The Bender Rumor

Postby mikeprints on Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:52 am

they want george because they need scoring, reggie is out and ron artest might be on another team next year so they want to aquire someone to put a good 10-15 points each night
mikeprints

 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:50 pm

Postby eNlight on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:29 pm

can george even get 15 points ? lol
User avatar
eNlight

 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: oC

Postby mikeprints on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:59 pm

probly not but thats their investment right?
mikeprints

 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:50 pm

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:32 pm

eNlight wrote:can george even get 15 points ? lol

Yeah, if they spot him 14 points.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby msb212 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:13 pm

george playing out of the triangle will be better than we think. he will have a great year.
User avatar
msb212

 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:17 am

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:42 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
eNlight wrote:can george even get 15 points ? lol

Yeah, if they spot him 14 points.
:man10: :man10: :man10:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:43 pm

msb212 wrote:george playing out of the triangle will be better than we think. he will have a great year.

Be carefull when you use great and Gump in a sentence. JSM will let you know why :man9:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:31 pm

msb212 wrote:george playing out of the triangle will be better than we think. he will have a great year.

First off, I am sick and tired of people making excuses for this pile of trash.

Everyone last summer was so hyped to see Gump without the triangle. Oh, wait this will be his year, he is going to breakout, the triangle won't be limiting him, yada, yada yade. We saw the result. He had what...one sub-par game. Well, that one game is what he should have been doing every damn game, for what he's making. Based on what he contributes, or doesn't, Gump is the most overpaid Laker.

Fact is Gump needs Shaq to be mediocre. Shaq got him open looks. I say we ship his overpaid (you know what) to Miami for a future second rounder or something.

Gump is actually better in the triangle, because it's the only way he scores, by the open look he gets by spacing, every now and again.

The lack of time he got to play out of the triangle was his own fault. That whole "two more weeks" line we kept hearing was because Gump was out of shape and not ready to play.

It's his own fault that he has the same IQ as Paris Hilton.

Words and phrases that should be used in the same sentence as George are as follows (note...not a one of them is great):
trade
horrible
worst player ever
trash
overrated
overpaid
lazy
dumb as a bag of bricks
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:36 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
msb212 wrote:george playing out of the triangle will be better than we think. he will have a great year.

First off, I am sick and tired of people making excuses for this pile of trash.

Everyone last summer was so hyped to see Gump without the triangle. Oh, wait this will be his year, he is going to breakout, the triangle won't be limiting him, yada, yada yade. We saw the result. He had what...one sub-par game. Well, that one game is what he should have been doing every damn game, for what he's making. Based on what he contributes, or doesn't, Gump is the most overpaid Laker.

Fact is Gump needs Shaq to be mediocre. Shaq got him open looks. I say we ship his overpaid (you know what) to Miami for a future second rounder or something.

Gump is actually better in the triangle, because it's the only way he scores, by the open look he gets by spacing, every now and again.

The lack of time he got to play out of the triangle was his own fault. That whole "two more weeks" line we kept hearing was because Gump was out of shape and not ready to play.

It's his own fault that he has the same IQ as Paris Hilton.

Words and phrases that should be used in the same sentence as George are as follows (note...not a one of them is great):
trade
horrible
worst player ever
trash
overrated
overpaid
lazy
dumb as a bag of bricks
:bow:
I told you msb it can get ugly :man9: :man12:
I have to agree with JSM in EVERY point. You can NEVER say anything against any critics about George.
Only point I disagree
The most overpaid Laker gótts be Grant. He can´t do anything either and is payed 3 times what George makes.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:43 pm

KB8@CL wrote:The most overpaid Laker gótts be Grant. He can´t do anything either and is payed 3 times what George makes.

Difference in him and Gump...
Grant tries, he gives 110% every night (even if it's not all that much anymore, with his two blown knees), he hustles, he dives on the floor, he contributes however he can, and he is a great community figure, and gives away a lot of his money.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:45 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:The most overpaid Laker gótts be Grant. He can´t do anything either and is payed 3 times what George makes.

Difference in him and Gump...
Grant tries, he gives 110% every night (even if it's not all that much anymore, with his two blown knees), he hustles, he dives on the floor, he contributes however he can, and he is a great community figure, and gives away a lot of his money.

from this view I gotta agree.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby indy_dave00 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:45 pm

First off neither George nor Medvedenko will see rotation time with the Pacers.

Stephen Jackson who averaged 18 ppg this season will slide to sg , while Ron Artest returns to sf. Bird said Artest will not be traded just the other day.

At sf the Pacers have Artest , J.Jones and Jackson playing there a little ahead of George on the depth chart.

At pf the Pacers have O'Neal , Foster and even Croshere ahead of Slava.

At center they have D.Davis, Harrison, Pollard , O'Neal, Foster ahead of Slava.

At sg Jackson and F.Jones.

The only thing George and Slava give them are 2 players on last year of contracts come the trade deadline. Also means Bender's 7.9 mil salary for 2006-07 is off their cap a year early.

Pacers would then have Slava, George , and Pollard's contracts expiring after next season or to trade at the deadline.

George and Slava will be basicly players 11-12 off the bench or on ir .

That if the trade even occurs.
indy_dave00

 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 11:12 am

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:39 pm

indy_dave00 wrote:First off neither George nor Medvedenko will see rotation time with the Pacers.

Stephen Jackson who averaged 18 ppg this season will slide to sg , while Ron Artest returns to sf. Bird said Artest will not be traded just the other day.

At sf the Pacers have Artest , J.Jones and Jackson playing there a little ahead of George on the depth chart.

At pf the Pacers have O'Neal , Foster and even Croshere ahead of Slava.

At center they have D.Davis, Harrison, Pollard , O'Neal, Foster ahead of Slava.

At sg Jackson and F.Jones.

The only thing George and Slava give them are 2 players on last year of contracts come the trade deadline. Also means Bender's 7.9 mil salary for 2006-07 is off their cap a year early.

Pacers would then have Slava, George , and Pollard's contracts expiring after next season or to trade at the deadline.

George and Slava will be basicly players 11-12 off the bench or on ir .

That if the trade even occurs.


yes! and indy fan. always wondered what an indy fan would think of the deal. is indy in a cost-cutting mode or are they internally tired of bender being hurt all the time? the part that confuses me is that bender is up in two years, and the guys he's being traded for are up in 1. if they were cutting costs (in other words, if all that matters is expiring deals, not who's coming back in the deal), then why not take vlade and slava, then buy out vlade?

anyway, i've never really bought this rumor, though, as a laker fan, i'd like to see it happen.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Postby indy_dave00 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:53 pm

All I know is what i'm hearing is Pacers may well draft a euro at #17 and keep him overseas for 2 years till Bender's contract comes off the cap.

Same year Bender's comes off so does Croshere , while Pollards comes off after this year.

The fact Bender's knee appears to be better now than at any recent time , supposively for that reason plus young players available at #17 for the future may mean an end to the rumored trade.

Trade could still occur but I really think the prospects of the trade have lessened since it was originally rumored.
indy_dave00

 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 11:12 am

Postby abeer3 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:42 am

indy_dave00 wrote:All I know is what i'm hearing is Pacers may well draft a euro at #17 and keep him overseas for 2 years till Bender's contract comes off the cap.

Same year Bender's comes off so does Croshere , while Pollards comes off after this year.

The fact Bender's knee appears to be better now than at any recent time , supposively for that reason plus young players available at #17 for the future may mean an end to the rumored trade.

Trade could still occur but I really think the prospects of the trade have lessened since it was originally rumored.


eh, too bad. i wanted that one to happen, and it seemed semi-realistic.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Postby vincejs on Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:33 am

abeer3 wrote:
indy_dave00 wrote:All I know is what i'm hearing is Pacers may well draft a euro at #17 and keep him overseas for 2 years till Bender's contract comes off the cap.

Same year Bender's comes off so does Croshere , while Pollards comes off after this year.

The fact Bender's knee appears to be better now than at any recent time , supposively for that reason plus young players available at #17 for the future may mean an end to the rumored trade.

Trade could still occur but I really think the prospects of the trade have lessened since it was originally rumored.


eh, too bad. i wanted that one to happen, and it seemed semi-realistic.

it will happen
peep
User avatar
vincejs

 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:49 pm
Location: EE

Postby Anthracit3 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:54 pm

I cant wait for this trade to be official. with the 17th, I would pick up Bynum. He is a project but he has the size to be a lane clogger.
Anthracit3

 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby John3:16 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:11 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
msb212 wrote:george playing out of the triangle will be better than we think. he will have a great year.

First off, I am sick and tired of people making excuses for this pile of trash.

Everyone last summer was so hyped to see Gump without the triangle. Oh, wait this will be his year, he is going to breakout, the triangle won't be limiting him, yada, yada yade. We saw the result. He had what...one sub-par game. Well, that one game is what he should have been doing every damn game, for what he's making. Based on what he contributes, or doesn't, Gump is the most overpaid Laker.

Fact is Gump needs Shaq to be mediocre. Shaq got him open looks. I say we ship his overpaid (you know what) to Miami for a future second rounder or something.

Gump is actually better in the triangle, because it's the only way he scores, by the open look he gets by spacing, every now and again.

The lack of time he got to play out of the triangle was his own fault. That whole "two more weeks" line we kept hearing was because Gump was out of shape and not ready to play.

It's his own fault that he has the same IQ as Paris Hilton.

Words and phrases that should be used in the same sentence as George are as follows (note...not a one of them is great):
trade
horrible
worst player ever
trash
overrated
overpaid
lazy
dumb as a bag of bricks




So, how do you feel about George ? :man10: J/k I feel the same way about him. He's absolute garbage. Too much skill to play so tentative.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31874
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

indy_dave00 wrote:All I know is what i'm hearing is Pacers may well draft a euro at #17 and keep him overseas for 2 years till Bender's contract comes off the cap.

Same year Bender's comes off so does Croshere , while Pollards comes off after this year.

The fact Bender's knee appears to be better now than at any recent time , supposively for that reason plus young players available at #17 for the future may mean an end to the rumored trade.

Trade could still occur but I really think the prospects of the trade have lessened since it was originally rumored.
Could that Euro be Roko Leni-Ukic? He could be a solid backup PG for now if he pans out.

By the way-- welcome to the site. Great to have a Pacers fan here.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40955
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby olyn84 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:10 pm

Emplay just made a post over at LG updating the Bender deal.

Emplay wrote:
"Bender is coming - so is the 17 - I should have more details on what Laker pick goes to Indy soon. Consider this an independent second source - although Lionel's word continues to prove solid on it's own"
olyn84

 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:10 pm

Postby whats golden on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:23 pm

This is good news...hopefully that will get the ball rolling on a few other trades that may, or may not, be in the works
Image

Image

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
User avatar
whats golden

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:58 am
Location: "I come from a land downunder"

Postby LAL25 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:33 pm

Man, word is getting out on this rumor...check out the Realgm boards, it's a hot topic right now so if others have heard about it, GMs have probably heard about it - which is not good. If another team grabs hold of this rumor and swoops in with a better deal, there's going to be a lot of bummed Laker fans here. :man5:
LAL25

 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:46 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby trodgers on Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:45 pm

LAL25 wrote:Man, word is getting out on this rumor...check out the Realgm boards, it's a hot topic right now so if others have heard about it, GMs have probably heard about it - which is not good. If another team grabs hold of this rumor and swoops in with a better deal, there's going to be a lot of bummed Laker fans here. :man5:


Wouldn't be too worried about it. If it's on one message board on the net, lots of GMs probably know about it.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46640
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby High IQ on Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:56 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
LAL25 wrote:Man, word is getting out on this rumor...check out the Realgm boards, it's a hot topic right now so if others have heard about it, GMs have probably heard about it - which is not good. If another team grabs hold of this rumor and swoops in with a better deal, there's going to be a lot of bummed Laker fans here. :man5:


Wouldn't be too worried about it. If it's on one message board on the net, lots of GMs probably know about it.

you mean that some of GMs are browsing CL? :man3:
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby trodgers on Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:02 pm

High IQ wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
LAL25 wrote:Man, word is getting out on this rumor...check out the Realgm boards, it's a hot topic right now so if others have heard about it, GMs have probably heard about it - which is not good. If another team grabs hold of this rumor and swoops in with a better deal, there's going to be a lot of bummed Laker fans here. :man5:


Wouldn't be too worried about it. If it's on one message board on the net, lots of GMs probably know about it.

you mean that some of GMs are browsing CL? :man3:

Yes. That is precisely what I mean. :man11:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46640
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.