Postby High IQ on Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:15 pm

:man4: :man4:
High IQ

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:19 pm

so is the deal inked?...
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Okki on Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:12 am

I'm kiki vandeweghe

do you guys want to trade lamar for camby?
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby KB24 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:31 am

Okki wrote:I'm kiki vandeweghe

NO.
Camby is injury prone and old. He would improve our defense though.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby abeer3 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:00 am

LAL25 wrote:Man, word is getting out on this rumor...check out the Realgm boards, it's a hot topic right now so if others have heard about it, GMs have probably heard about it - which is not good. If another team grabs hold of this rumor and swoops in with a better deal, there's going to be a lot of bummed Laker fans here. :man5:

ugh. i can't handle another boozer fiasco.
abeer3

Postby TheZen on Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:08 pm

whats golden wrote:This is good news...hopefully that will get the ball rolling on a few other trades that may, or may not, be in the works

whats golden where in the name of africa have you been bro?
TheZen

Postby Okki on Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:34 am

KB8@CL wrote:
Okki wrote:I'm kiki vandeweghe

NO.
Camby is injury prone and old. He would improve our defense though.

duhh

carmelo for caron and the 10th

?

dream on
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby whats golden on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:42 am

TheZen wrote:
whats golden wrote:This is good news...hopefully that will get the ball rolling on a few other trades that may, or may not, be in the works

whats golden where in the name of africa have you been bro?

I've been working too hard man...haven't had time to look around to see what has been happening. then i thought it was about time i showed my face around here again to see whats been going on.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

bender updated

Postby purplengoldjonez on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:07 pm

Chad Ford - Insider:

Quote:
Bad trade rumors floating around, too
A rumor flying around the league Monday had the Pacers and Lakers ready to consummate a trade that would send Jonathan Bender and the No. 17 pick to the Lakers for Devean George, Stanislav Medvedenko and a second-round pick.

Insider talked to Pacers president Donnie Walsh about the rumor Monday, and he quickly shot it down.

"I don't know where this stuff is coming from," Walsh told Insider. "There's absolutely no truth to it. I've never even talked to the Lakers about a trade. I asked Larry [Bird, Pacers president], and he hasn't, either."

Not sure if this a smoke screen, but the Pacers are adimantly denying this deal. Kinda like the boozer deal? Anyway There was doubt with Phil signing and it happened, and from Emplay the same sources apperently reporting Phil being done are saying Bender is done, so let the games begin. Is there a done deal or no deal? time will tell
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby LAL25 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:15 pm

LOL!

Kids, this is why you don't write up your mock drafts with #17 until you know you have it. :man10:
LAL25

Postby lakerstuntman on Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:11 pm

yeah thats a good trade for us
lakerstuntman

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:41 pm

who is CL!?!? :man3:
LOUIE04

Postby trodgers on Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:55 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:who is CL!?!? :man3:

Are you serious? Club Lakers.com...
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Re: bender updated

Postby msb212 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:15 pm

purplengoldjonez wrote:
Chad Ford - Insider:

Quote:
A rumor flying around the league Monday had the Pacers and Lakers ready to consummate a trade that would send Jonathan Bender and the No. 17 pick to the Lakers for Devean George, Stanislav Medvedenko and a second-round pick.

Insider talked to Pacers president Donnie Walsh about the rumor Monday, and he quickly shot it down.

"I don't know where this stuff is coming from," Walsh told Insider. "There's absolutely no truth to it. I've never even talked to the Lakers about a trade. I asked Larry [Bird, Pacers president], and he hasn't, either."

Not sure if this a smoke screen, but the Pacers are adimantly denying this deal. Kinda like the boozer deal? Anyway There was doubt with Phil signing and it happened, and from Emplay the same sources apperently reporting Phil being done are saying Bender is done, so let the games begin. Is there a done deal or no deal? time will tell

I saw this as well - I am concerned - Emplay what do you think?
msb212

Re: bender updated

Postby purplengoldjonez on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:16 pm

msb212 wrote:
purplengoldjonez wrote:
Chad Ford - Insider:

Quote:

I saw this as well - I am concerned - Emplay what do you think?

Found this post from Emplay regarding the Bender deal, its from today around 5 pm.

Actually re-read the article on the Pacer site.

Anyone notice the following:

Brunner’s opinions are his own and do not necessarily reflect those of Pacers players, coaches or management.

Where's the quote from Donnie Walsh? - oh there isn't one.

What was the question that Brunner asked Walsh? - don't know.

What were the answers? - don't know.

How much is this Brunner's opinion? - don't know.

From a source:

"I can't see Indiana backing out of this. People will be very hesitant to deal with Indy in the future if they renege now. This isn't like the Boozer deal. This one was signed lock, stock and barrel."

Could it be dead - sure - but I'd be really shocked.

Finally - GM's do lie - and in this case there's no actual statement by Walsh to consider a lie.
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:34 pm

So after everyones opinions and evidence proving that this trade wont go down!! Is this trade going on yes or no!!! And is the NO trade still going to go down?!? :man3:
LOUIE04

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:41 pm

:what: yes it is not going down. And no the NO trade will happen :what:

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:44 pm

I got a question for u sir why do u think that GM's deny any trades that go down?!!
:man3:
LOUIE04

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:45 pm

so as of after game 7 of the pistons and spurs teams will be allowed to negotiate or is their a certain date to trade draft pix and all that good stuff!!! :man13:
LOUIE04

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:48 pm

what are Mid-level exception signings?!? does that mean we can get any player on the free agency!??! :man3:
LOUIE04

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:01 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:what are Mid-level exception signings?!? does that mean we can get any player on the free agency!??! :man3:

the mle is an amount that we can use to sign FA's with, regardless of cap space...the proposed mle for this cba was 3.7 mill, a lot lower than past years, so its not as big a draw for players, which is bad for us
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:31 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:I got a question for u sir why do u think that GM's deny any trades that go down?!!
:man3:

Why do you think the DON´T deny it?
Come on man IN ANY SPORT IN THE WORLD NO ONE LETS YOU KNOW ABOUT THEIR NAGOTIATIONS. Its just to avoid media comments and complications with fans, media, other teams and its LEVERAGE and gamble. You might gamble to force other teams to react and its a lot of political signs.
BTW the players shouldn´t know they are about to get traded because they would feel like they are not wanted and if the trade doesn´t go down they are pissed off. Why would Indy say yes and when LA refuse then Bender will go nutz. IT DOESN´T help the chemistry.
I think that was a question that you could answer yourself with 5 seconds thinking :man12:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby eNlight on Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:05 am

omg..... -.- pistons won. somebody just finish the series wow. so boring !!! i want to see something happen(transactions)
eNlight

Postby 33MDE on Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:41 pm

I can say on one theing about GM's and their ablity to DENY, their lousy liers. Case in point we all knew the Lakers and Phil were talking and the job was offered to him. Is there any difference in the Pacer trade and Walse's denial. No there isn't any. They dont wan't us in their business, simple. Truth or false they don't want us in their business, timing is what makes or breaks deals. Truth is that the internet spreads the info of these deals faster that they can be made. We Laker fans want an improvement on this team, we can taste it. A lot of these proposed deals can make this team better that its been since our last championship. I say this because the year we lost and did'nt defend our championship the team was in decay, and we were in denial. Both management and the fans. Have more patiance and lots of faith.
33MDE

Postby msb212 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:25 pm

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/bird_draft_050622.html

Bird Sees Impact Player
Available in NBA Draft

By Conrad Brunner | June 22, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He isn't giving any indication as to who, but Larry Bird is supremely confident about what the Pacers will be able to acquire with the 17th pick in the NBA Draft on Tuesday night: not just a talented player, but one that could play right away.
"I feel there's going to be at least four guys I think can make an impact on our team," he said, "and that's all you can ask for."

The team President met with the media for an informal pre-draft briefing Wednesday in Conseco Fieldhouse, revealing little about which players are on the Pacers' radar but making it very clear of his belief in the quality of the talent available.

"I think we'll get a kid that, hopefully after the All-Star break, if you put him in the lineup, he's going to be able to do the things the coach wants him to do," Bird said. "I mean, I really think he's going to help us … We're confident enough the guy we get is not only going to make our team but he's going to play – even if I have to coach him."

Because the Pacers have 13 veteran players under contract, are expected to retain restricted free agent James Jones and are attempting to re-sign free agent Dale Davis, there would appear to be little room on the roster - let alone the rotation – for an unproven rookie. That has led to speculation the Pacers might prefer to draft an international player who could remain overseas for a year or two before joining the team.

But Bird offered a strong reminder of his belief in the value of players with multiple years of college experience, particularly those that are available this year.

"You look at the guys that have gone to college a few years and compare them to some of these young kids coming out who think they should be playing 40 minutes a game; it's a little different," he said. "At one time we had two high school players here, great guys, great work ethic, and they always wanted to play more and do more. Whereas a guy like James Jones comes in and you don't have to worry about him. He wants to play all the time but he accepts whatever role he's in.

"I always think if you can get a college player that goes to school three or four years, it's to your advantage to probably look at him and probably draft him. If Gerald Green (a 6-7 high school forward from Texas widely projected as a top-five pick) is there, we will take him at 17. But other than that, we'll be looking for somebody with great talent and somebody who went to college for a few years."

Bird's analysis of this draft is that, beyond the projected top five picks – Utah center Andrew Bogut, North Carolina small forward Marvin Williams, Wake Forest point guard Chris Paul, Illinois point guard Deron Williams and Green – the talent level is relatively even through the 20th pick. Therein lies the source of his confidence about the quality of player that will be available at No. 17.

"There'll be some steals in this draft," he said. "It's a little different. There's no real clear-cut after No. 5. You could draft a guy at 17 that could be better than the sixth pick in the draft."

Because of that, Bird downplayed the team's interest in considering a trade to move up in the first round.

"I don't want to give up too much. I like our team," he said. "Obviously I think we've got some needs and we've got to get better in some areas, but I don't want to give up a good player that's really helped us out in the last couple of years just to move up four or five spots in the draft, because I know next year that player will be very valuable to us.

"You don't know how valuable they are until you let 'em go. It's important for us to just try to add pieces and make ourselves better instead of trading away some of the guys and move up and get a guy at 14 you could probably get at 17."
msb212

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors