The Bender Rumor

Postby SWOL on Fri May 20, 2005 10:47 am

showtimecontinue wrote:WHO?WHO?S BENDE?GREEN ANPPLE?

HOOKED ON PHONICS
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby trodgers on Fri May 20, 2005 11:11 am

swolswol wrote:
showtimecontinue wrote:WHO?WHO?S BENDE?GREEN ANPPLE?

HOOKED ON PHONICS

Showtimecontinue is Chinese. He has PMd me to (I think) let me know that fact, because I said something similar to what you said, Swolswol, after he posted gibberish elsewhere. It's great to see fans from other countries, but I don't think we can all be expected to "use simple words" in all of our posts.

Showtimecontinue:
Bender plays for the Pacers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3328
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Laker Jam on Fri May 20, 2005 3:26 pm

Anonymous wrote:
GuRu wrote:Another 1st rounder, and an '07 expiring contract. And if bender contributes....bonus

Because Slava and DG sure dont

If he wasn't damn injured every time then maybe I would've agree but the guy is Injured everytime but nothingless If he gets healthy I think he can be a Solid player specialy for the Triangle Offence.

Who cares if he's injury prone? That 17th pick can turn into Wayne Simien or Hakim Warrick. The deal boils down to this:

Devean George & Slava Medvedenko for Wayne Simien, Hakim Warrick or Jarrett Jack.

THAT makes the deal worth it, regardless of Bender. If he finds health for us, that's just a bonus, but the deal is about the player for our long term future we'd acquire with that pick. It's really not that complicated and you're getting too stuck on the concept of Bender.
Laker Jam

Postby Still A Dynasty on Fri May 20, 2005 5:05 pm

Laker Jam wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
GuRu wrote:Another 1st rounder, and an '07 expiring contract. And if bender contributes....bonus

If he wasn't damn injured every time then maybe I would've agree but the guy is Injured everytime but nothingless If he gets healthy I think he can be a Solid player specialy for the Triangle Offence.

Who cares if he's injury prone? That 17th pick can turn into Wayne Simien or Hakim Warrick. The deal boils down to this:

Devean George & Slava Medvedenko for Wayne Simien, Hakim Warrick or Jarrett Jack.

THAT makes the deal worth it, regardless of Bender. If he finds health for us, that's just a bonus, but the deal is about the player for our long term future we'd acquire with that pick. It's really not that complicated and you're getting too stuck on the concept of Bender.

Exactly...but dont forget Bender has crazy potential and is a great triangle type player...so if he did somehow return to health tmitch should be arrested for robbery
Still A Dynasty

Postby KB24 on Sat May 21, 2005 12:22 am

Laker Jam wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Simien or Warrick? Are you nutz. Simien is projected to even maybe go in the second round and he is undersized. Warrick is another tweener with nothing but leaping.
Blatche, Petro, Jack are the players we ahave to consider with 17th. but thats off-topic.
Bender is a great player if he can stay injury free but look at Hill, Alonzo, Z, Odom and co. Its not impossible to heal and play.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby eNlight on Sat May 21, 2005 1:06 am

does anyone have any new sources about this bender trade? or has the flame on the candle stick been blow out?
eNlight

Postby indy_dave00 on Tue May 24, 2005 4:24 pm

As of now trade is still on hold- if it occurs it will not be till about a week before the draft.

A new rumor in Indy has Pacers talking to Sonics about a sign and trade for Ray Allen. Its believed Jeff Foster, Fred Jones, Jamaal Tinsley or Stephen Jackson, and perhaps pick #17 are part of the package.

This new trade is in early stages, it only occurs if Allen and Sonics can not agree on a contract the Sonics want to pay. Pacers have no way of getting Allen unless its a sign and trade.
indy_dave00

Postby KB24 on Tue May 24, 2005 4:45 pm

indy_dave00 wrote:As of now trade is still on hold- if it occurs it will not be till about a week before the draft.

A new rumor in Indy has Pacers talking to Sonics about a sign and trade for Ray Allen. Its believed Jeff Foster, Fred Jones, Jamaal Tinsley or Stephen Jackson, and perhaps pick #17 are part of the package.

This new trade is in early stages, it only occurs if Allen and Sonics can not agree on a contract the Sonics want to pay. Pacers have no way of getting Allen unless its a sign and trade.

Welcome.
I doubt Ray to Indy is true.
They would have JO,Tinsley Allen and Artest =many ringy but I doubt Seattle would do that because they have Flip Murray and Luke Ridnour. Why would they add another 2 guards for their best player? Foster is servicable but Seattle could do maybe better than that.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Wed May 25, 2005 7:26 pm

Man u know ur team is bad when ppl get exited over

Johnathon BENDER

This guy is HS trash just like Kwame, Lennny and Omar cook, Ndudi Ebi and the rest.

Postby GCMD on Wed May 25, 2005 9:15 pm

bangbangbang wrote:Man u know ur team is bad when ppl get exited over

Johnathon BENDER

This guy is HS trash just like Kwame, Lennny and Omar cook, Ndudi Ebi and the rest.

HS or college...trash is trash...Bender is fragile, not trash...

Bang...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby trodgers on Thu May 26, 2005 8:26 am

GameCockMD wrote:
bangbangbang wrote:Man u know ur team is bad when ppl get exited over

Johnathon BENDER

HS or college...trash is trash...Bender is fragile, not trash...

Bang...

Love it.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby clublakers on Sat May 28, 2005 8:22 pm

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/bird_transcript_050524.html

from Larry Bird:

Q: Is Jonathan Bender going to be able to play next year, and has his situation frustrated you?

A: Well, it’s hard to be frustrated with Jonathan because he has some serious knee injuries. Will he come back? He’s doing great right now. He has no pain; he’s working out very hard. He’s just as frustrated as anyone. He’s a great talent he’s just got to stay healthy to help us out. There’s not much you can do when a player’s injured. If they’re hurt, they’re hurt. Jonathan wants to play as bad as anyone, but right now, since he hasn’t played much in the last two years, I really don’t count on him. It’s just sort of a wait-and-see thing and hopefully he can get over the hump and next year he can really help us.

Q: What position do you envision him playing?

A: I think he’s a four. He can play some small forward, and he will at times, but I think his main position is a four position.

Q: You mentioned he’s not feeling any pain right now, do you think he will be ready to play basketball this summer?

A: Well, he’s playing basketball right now. He’s not playing games, he’s doing drills. He’s in Boston with Dan Dyrek, working out, and Dan is sort of overseeing everything he’s doing. It seems like every week he’s getting a little bit better and taking another step forward. It’s just that if something happens he has to back off. But it seems the past five or six weeks he just keeps going up the ladder. He’s very important to this team and we need a player like Jonathan Bender. He’s a mismatch every time you put him in there, with his size and his length and his ability to take people off the dribble. That’s what we need.

The concensus in Indi seems to be that of frustration, and they have no problem unloading his contract with the 17th pick for George and Cook.

They do fear what a healthy Bender can do, but again they aren't willing to be patient any longer.

I would certainly like to see what he can do on a run and gun Lakers -- however Bender's savior would be Jason Kidd, not Phil Jackson. Phil has allowed big men with talent to rot on the bench, and Bender wouldn't escape his indifference towards developing talent.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Sat May 28, 2005 8:23 pm

he's trash i do not see what you all see in him

He is 7 foot and has been for like the past 3 years and he hasn't done anything

He will be a bench scrub and a player with wasted potentiol

Postby bhatta on Sat May 28, 2005 8:30 pm

bangbangbang wrote:he's trash i do not see what you all see in him

He is 7 foot and has been for like the past 3 years and he hasn't done anything

He will be a bench scrub and a player with wasted potentiol
the meat of the deal is the 17th pick ..

any production we get out of bender will be a bonus ..

any production we get out of bender will be more than what cook and george have done as well ..
bhatta
Clublakers Lead Analyst

Postby DMK on Sat May 28, 2005 8:31 pm

Odds are Jon Bender on the Injured list would be more productive then the fake bob marley imposter ;) :man12: :man10:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Guest on Sat May 28, 2005 8:39 pm

Brian Grant would crush Bender

Bender is a confused and skinny sf/pf who isn't big enough to play inside and doesn't have good enough j to play outside

All bender would bring us is plays that would make us go :bang: :bang:

Brian is a player who VALUES himself in D and is all about D. He would rather get shot than have his man score that's how he views the game and now he has a nice midrange J!!!

Postby clublakers on Sat May 28, 2005 8:51 pm

I see that Ben Wallace was an unknown commodity for 4 years in Washington and Orlando.

I see that Tracy McGrady wasted his potential for 3 years in Toronto.

I see that Jermaine Oneal was a poster boy for the stay in school campaign until his 5th season and an opportunity on a new team.

I see that Steve Nash was mediocre until his 5th season in Dallas.

We've gotten the best that George has to offer, and with Kobe Bryant on our team we certainly don't need our power forward wandering around the perimiter spotting up for three point shots.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby TheProof on Sat May 28, 2005 9:31 pm

clublakers wrote:
he\'s trash i do not see what you all see in him

I see that Ben Wallace was an unknown commodity for 4 years in Washington and Orlando.

I see that Jermaine Oneal was a poster boy for the stay in school campaign until his 5th season and an opportunity on a new team.

We\'ve gotten the best that George has to offer, and with Kobe Bryant on our team we certainly don\'t need our power forward wandering around the perimiter spotting up for three point shots.
There is always light at the end of the darkest tunnels.

HOLD ON LAKER FANS!!! HAVE FAITH!!!
TheProof

Postby Guest on Sat May 28, 2005 9:35 pm

bender aint wallace or jo or tmac

BW, TMAC and Jo were all good but vever got playing time

Bender is a bust, he's a 7 foot sf come on

I bet his HS and nba coaches thaught "this boy is too soft to play PF or C"

Postby Coville on Sat May 28, 2005 10:09 pm

bangbangbang wrote:bender aint wallace or jo or tmac

BW, TMAC and Jo were all good but vever got playing time

Bender is a bust, he's a 7 foot sf come on

I bet his HS and nba coaches thaught "this boy is too soft to play PF or C"

I think the point of this trade would be to trade away Slava and George for the the 17th pick.

Most likely this guy won't see much playing time in a laker uni. I wudn't expect anything special from him.
Coville

Postby KB24 on Sat May 28, 2005 11:41 pm

clublakers wrote:

We've gotten the best that George has to offer, and with Kobe Bryant on our team we certainly don't need our power forward wandering around the perimiter spotting up for three point shots.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Chivalry on Sun May 29, 2005 12:30 am

I'm not sure what to expect from Bender. I do remember hearing (consistently) that JO kicked butt during the Portland practice sessions. His problem was playing behind Rasheed Wallace and a young Brian Grant.
Chivalry

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun May 29, 2005 1:06 am

bangbangbang wrote:Brian Grant would crush Bender

:man10:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby KB24 on Sun May 29, 2005 3:08 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:

:man10:

And Ben Wallace since he has worked on his jumper. :man1:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby MSUmike on Sun May 29, 2005 3:29 am

Bender is a confused and skinny sf/pf who isn't big enough to play inside and doesn't have good enough j to play outside

All bender would bring us is plays that would make us go :bang: :bang:

Brian is a player who VALUES himself in D and is all about D. He would rather get shot than have his man score that's how he views the game and now he has a nice midrange J!!!

Several members already have crushed bangbangbang.

Bangbangbang is a confused and obtuse poster who isn't smart enough to make sense, and is too over-the-top to be consistently funny.

All bangbangbang brings us are posts that make us go :bang: :bang:

Bangbangbang is a poster who values inane comments, and is all about inane comments. He would rather make an inane comment than post something of true value. That's how he views his game, but he does bring the occasional comic relief.
MSUmike

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors