The Bender Rumor

go lakers

Postby wavy on Sun May 29, 2005 4:43 am

although jonatha bender is a godd playr even he didn't show that in iny, i wouldn't trade george for him.
man george is a great player don't look at this ;ast season cuz he was hurt, the guy can jump as a devil.
i still think the best deal for us would be to take garnett though i wouldn't like to loose lamar.
wavy

Postby live and die in LA on Sun May 29, 2005 10:44 am

bangbangbang wrote:Brian Grant would crush Bender

Bender is a confused and skinny sf/pf who isn't big enough to play inside and doesn't have good enough j to play outside

All bender would bring us is plays that would make us go :bang: :bang:

Brian is a player who VALUES himself in D and is all about D. He would rather get shot than have his man score that's how he views the game and now he has a nice midrange J!!!

brian grant is a guy who averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds and has a huge contract. the only reason im glad we have him is because he contract is going to come off the books soon. brian grant is way past his prime , im not saying bender is awsome but i would much rather have him.
live and die in LA

Postby Guest on Sun May 29, 2005 10:46 am

bender over B.Grant

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

One works on his mid range game at the gym and plays tough D for a team that plays no D while the other sits in the Injured List and wonders "if only i put the practice hours like grant"

Postby KB24 on Sun May 29, 2005 12:46 pm

bangbangbang wrote:bender over B.Grant

One works on his mid range game at the gym and plays tough D for a team that plays no D while the other sits in the Injured List and wonders "if only i put the practice hours like grant"

Whats up with that crap :boxing1: Grant has ALWAYS had a nice midrange jumper and btw he could work on rebounding and defense instead of shooting. Thats not what he is supposed to do. He is a bench player who come in to play defense not take mid range shot and you know what he can´t defend any bigman. He has banged up knees. He is a nice guy for charitys and hustles and team chemistry (thats why I like him) but he is one of the worst players we have. He didn´t work hard enaugh to do anything last year because he couldn´t work. WHen you have a shot at your knees you can´t do anything and since he is not wine he will get crappier the older he gets.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby EQualizer on Sun May 29, 2005 1:48 pm

bg is nice to have for like 700k a year, but for 13 million = no way. he better be producing and motivated if he's getting paid 13 milion a year...and even then he apparently isnt
EQualizer

Postby live and die in LA on Sun May 29, 2005 2:40 pm

you realize grant was the 10th leading scorer on the team last year right?
terrible tierre brown and brian cook scored more points a game in less minutes. brian grant is a good guy to have around but he's done
live and die in LA

Postby KB24 on Sun May 29, 2005 2:50 pm

live and die in LA wrote:

you realize grant was the 10th leading scorer on the team last year right?
terrible tierre brown and brian cook scored more points a game in less minutes. brian grant is a good guy to have around but he's done

All Bender needs is to drop a 3 a game to overtake Grant. Assuming we get a real big man next year and Vlade maybe coming back Grant won´t see any ground to keep his feet on it.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby DMK on Mon May 30, 2005 7:20 pm

Grant would be a very good player if his knees werent as bad as my grampa elmer's.

He has heart, but i would take Bender over BG any day of the week if healthy.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

trdade grant

Postby wavy on Tue May 31, 2005 3:00 am

Grant has done his time guys.
Bender would be better and the guy is young so he cqan improve, so i'd say tradin Grant for Bender would be a good deal
and my pick for this years tradeing would be GARNETT.
wavy

Re: trdade grant

Postby KB24 on Tue May 31, 2005 6:53 am

wavy wrote:Grant has done his time guys.
Bender would be better and the guy is young so he cqan improve, so i'd say tradin Grant for Bender would be a good deal
and my pick for this years tradeing would be GARNETT.
:man3: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Why would Indy trade Bender for Grant? I told you put the pipe away.
Your pick would be Garnett? Mine too but not LAs or Minnys. :freak2:

KB24
Site Admin

Re: trdade grant

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:30 am

[/quote] :man3: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Why would Indy trade Bender for Grant? I told you put the pipe away.
Your pick would be Garnett? Mine too but not LAs or Minnys. :freak2:[/quote]

I agree any team that would take grants contract must be smoking some good sh*t. unless they are trying to match contracts.
Anthracit3

Postby mikeprints on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:05 pm

This trade would benifit them so much because they'll get #17 pick and that could give them a big man plus bender. Then that leaves space for the caron trade to the bobcats o hornets to get green at #4 o #5 and then get jarret jack at #13 if they go with bobcats. Booya!
mikeprints

Postby DMK on Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:59 pm

Whats the big hold up??? Both teams are sitting at home.

Getting rid of Grant in any fashion is a win win situation for LA in my book ;)

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby farhan810 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:38 pm

DMK wrote:Grant would be a very good player if his knees werent as bad as my grampa elmer's.

He has heart, but i would take Bender over BG any day of the week if healthy.

And he wasn't playing the center position.
WE BELIEVE.
farhan810

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:31 am

DMK wrote:Whats the big hold up??? Both teams are sitting at home.

Not sure, but emplay did say that one of his sources said that it wouldn't happen until a couple days prior to the draft.

Maybe we are trying to wait and see how Bender will hold up, maybe a doctor report or test or something.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DMK on Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:45 am

I see. What was the deal with him being checked by doctors affiliatted with LA?

Isn't that illegal?

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:00 am

DMK wrote:I see. What was the deal with him being checked by doctors affiliatted with LA?

Isn't that illegal?

Yeah, I think only if it's by a team doctor. There is a rumor that one of the reasons Bender was in town a couple of weeks ago, was not only the Longest Yard premier, but to undergo some tests for run of the mill doctors in LA, but the results would happen to wind up in the Lakers hands or they would get word of how the tests when. I don't think this is exactly approved by the league, but what they don't know can't hurt them.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DMK on Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:41 am

I see. Bender is a 7footer who can bring the ball up and can hit 3's, he is quite skinny tho... kind of like a chris bosh body frame, i never really seen him bang down low much, he shoots alot of outside shots.

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby mikeprints on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:49 am

He'd be a good back up for Lamar though, I mean u bring him in the game to give Lamar a break and the sf defender still has to deal with a 7ft sf. Get the deal done!!, give the lakers the 17th pick and get Bynum/Petro, then if you really wanna get deep in terms of the future do the caron trade get green @ 5 the jack @ 13. The 37th pick get stoudamire, he'll be the triangle's mobile steve kerr then w/ 39th get luther head. He could turn out like a gilbert arenas if he tries and playing with kobe he will try. Then if a deal is possible go with kwame for dg and 1 or 2 other expendable players. BOOYA!!
mikeprints

Postby abeer3 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:10 pm

mikeprints wrote:He'd be a good back up for Lamar though, I mean u bring him in the game to give Lamar a break and the sf defender still has to deal with a 7ft sf. Get the deal done!!, give the lakers the 17th pick and get Bynum/Petro, then if you really wanna get deep in terms of the future do the caron trade get green @ 5 the jack @ 13. The 37th pick get stoudamire, he'll be the triangle's mobile steve kerr then w/ 39th get luther head. He could turn out like a gilbert arenas if he tries and playing with kobe he will try. Then if a deal is possible go with kwame for dg and 1 or 2 other expendable players. BOOYA!!

the bender deal is a no-brainer, i've just been waiting for it to actually happen for months now.
abeer3

Postby cre8tor on Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:18 pm

mikeprints wrote:He'd be a good back up for Lamar though, I mean u bring him in the game to give Lamar a break and the sf defender still has to deal with a 7ft sf. Get the deal done!!, give the lakers the 17th pick and get Bynum/Petro, then if you really wanna get deep in terms of the future do the caron trade get green @ 5 the jack @ 13. The 37th pick get stoudamire, he'll be the triangle's mobile steve kerr then w/ 39th get luther head. He could turn out like a gilbert arenas if he tries and playing with kobe he will try. Then if a deal is possible go with kwame for dg and 1 or 2 other expendable players. BOOYA!!

Plus getting the fact that we would be giving up only 2nd rd pick D. Geoge & S. Medvedenko.. That's addition by subtraction!!!!! Don't let the door hit your butts on the way out!!!!!
cre8tor

Postby GCMD on Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:58 pm

With INDy working out draft picks, this rumor could end up not happening...

Sorry folks...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby eNlight on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:50 pm

I think to Indiana, Devean George is like something they can't wait to have. To us Laker fans, some of us, we're dying to get rid of George and get Bender. I think even if we got Bender, there woulnd't be much improvement. We need to get George and trade him for like a long fast boy. i.e. Steven Hunter (cheap, young, tall, fast.)
eNlight

Postby EQualizer on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:23 am

why would indiana want george??

they have stephen jackson, james jones, RON ARTEST, and then bender who is 7 ft so he is a SF but can play PF...kinda.., not to mention fred jones who can play SF too

even though reggie is retiring, they can easily fill that whole with drafting a SG at 17...or something...i dont see their need to go and trade for d george and slava
EQualizer

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:57 am

GameCockMD wrote:With INDy working out draft picks, this rumor could end up not happening...

Sorry folks...

:man3: Working out draft picks is A MUST for every team.
They need a plan B if the Lakers trade doesn´t happen.
They might have another trade in their bag to get another first rounder.
That doesn´t mean anything.

KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors