The Bender Rumor

The Bender Rumor

Postby GuRu on Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:46 pm

Since we have this nice new forum....lets decorate it a bit

This is a rumor from the infamous Lionel the Laker from LG:

DG/Slava/2nd rounder for Bender/1st rounder (i think thats right)

Discuss

Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Guest on Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Bender is a Injured prone player - I don't get why the Lakers want him so bad.

Postby EQualizer on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:07 pm

want the pick more than they want him, plus his contract comes off the books soon
EQualizer

Postby GuRu on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:14 pm

MrLakerFan_316 wrote:Bender is a Injured prone player - I don't get why the Lakers want him so bad.

Another 1st rounder, and an '07 expiring contract. And if bender contributes....bonus

Because Slava and DG sure dont
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby SWOL on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:22 pm

MrLakerFan_316 wrote:Bender is a Injured prone player - I don't get why the Lakers want him so bad.

BECUASE WE ARE SEND PORK GRINDS AND USED TIRES IN RETURN FOR GUY WHO CAN JUMP OUT OF THE BUILDING, HE HAS BEEN INJURED AND INCONSISTANT BUT WE ARE GIVING UP CRAP TO GET HIM
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby lakerfool on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:28 pm

Bender is a risk...if he can stay healthy, there is an awesome chance that he can be an excellent 3/4 off the bencH

And a draft pick..prolly 17th, where there are some athletic big men we can use (Warric!!!)
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby Guest on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:36 pm

GuRu wrote:Another 1st rounder, and an '07 expiring contract. And if bender contributes....bonus

If he wasn't damn injured every time then maybe I would've agree but the guy is Injured everytime but nothingless If he gets healthy I think he can be a Solid player specialy for the Triangle Offence.

Postby lakerfool on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:37 pm

MrLakerFan_316 wrote:
GuRu wrote:Another 1st rounder, and an '07 expiring contract. And if bender contributes....bonus

If he wasn't damn injured every time then maybe I would've agree but the guy is Injured everytime but nothingless If he gets healthy I think he can be a Solid player specialy for the Triangle Offence.

And what if he all of a sudden stops being injured? It could really pay off

We have some of the best team doctors in ALL of basketball
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby mandingo on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:49 pm

GuRu wrote:

Another 1st rounder, and an '07 expiring contract. And if bender contributes....bonus

Also....

The pick is speculated to be a pot sweetener to get Boozer from Utah.
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby Lakers1 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:36 pm

if we get 17 pick, we can get Taft at 10,Jack at 17
okay wrote:I would throw Shaq in the fire as well. Maybe he could burn a calorie or two.

VerbalMilk wrote:
What would it take to get Joe Johnson?

Jesus.
Lakers1

Postby Coville on Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:37 pm

Lakers1 wrote:if we get 17 pick, we can get Taft at 10,Jack at 17

Jack will not be available at 17. Toronto has the 16th pick and most likely if he is on the board, they will be grabing him with that pick.

I am edgy on Taft, the guy just seems to have a bad attitude and lack the killer instinct.
Coville

Postby Lakers1 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:02 pm

Man, Stupid Toronto....
okay wrote:I would throw Shaq in the fire as well. Maybe he could burn a calorie or two.

VerbalMilk wrote:
What would it take to get Joe Johnson?

Jesus.
Lakers1

Postby crucifido on Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:14 pm

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Why Indiana would do this though ios beyond me. I guess their disappointment in Bender, but its giving up an awful lot for a team that will also be rebuilding once they're bounced out of the playoffs next round.

Not for Bender but for the pick. Bender is iffy, but can easily be shipped off in another deal. That pick could give us more leverage with other deals or garner us a decent role player.

Dumping Devean isn't what I'd be excited about, the guy is good player, he's just been buried inrotation and without a definitive role for years now. That aside, getting rid of Medvedenko is nothing but a positive. He's a cap eater. All there is is only one more Euro to dump off of this roster and I'd be happy fan.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

I like this deal

Postby Mailman04 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:38 pm

Bender hasn't stayed healthy, but neither did George this year. Slava isn't any good so the Lakers aren't giving up anything to get Bender plus first round. No. 17 pick, which is the key to the deal anyway. I like it, do it as soon as Pacers are eliminated from playoffs. I'm a writer for a newspaper in my state and I cover recruiting. Bender was a great high school player who still has some potential.
Mailman04

Postby jminges on Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:09 pm

There is a number of ways this could happen ... Slava has a BYC so he could be replaced with Cook. Package Cook, George and New York's pick for Bender and Indy's pick. That would leave us with Slava, Atkins, Jones, Divac and Butler with ending contracts (Butler has an option) ... We could trade Vlade, Butler or Slava, Atkins with Indy's pick and our second to Utah for Boozer and Dallas's pick ... Butler can exercise his player option after next season and return to Miami ... That sets us up for the draft. We would then have the 10- Jack* (marbury) and 27- Blatche (hunter).

* Similar statline to Stephon Marbury, 4 assists - 3 turnovers - 1.8 steals, with better #s.

I would have opted to draft Deron Williams with that pick, but Sky says he's a top 10 lock :(.
jminges

Postby JSM on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:09 pm

I'm not a huge fan of a 7 foot SF, but the two players we would be giving up contribute very little and have less potential than Bender. Plus, the best part of this deal would be the pick, Bender is just a bonus.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:23 pm

Hey, how can we get Boozer and Bender? Isnt DG a part of both trades???
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby Guest on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:58 pm

LaLaKeRz4lIfE wrote:Hey, how can we get Boozer and Bender? Isnt DG a part of both trades???

??????

Postby KB24 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:21 pm

Well George is said to be a part of both BUT if we send Butler they would want expiring contracts, so we can send them Divac and Sucky for example or JJ or a resigned Walton. Utah didn´t want George to start but Butler so there is not really a problem for Utah to get JJ George or somebody els who is better than George.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ataris_PunK on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:54 am

What is with all the george hate man? Seriously. Enough is enough. Hes a decent player. I dont get where all this hate stems from. Hes good defensively, something we lack. We should deftly try and keep george.
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby KB24 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:05 am

Ataris_PunK wrote:What is with all the george hate man? Seriously. Enough is enough. Hes a decent player. I dont get where all this hate stems from. Hes good defensively, something we lack. We should deftly try and keep george.
:man10: :man10: :man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ataris_PunK on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am

:man10: :man10: :man10:

You ok man?
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby GuRu on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:07 am

Ataris_PunK wrote:What is with all the george hate man? Seriously. Enough is enough. Hes a decent player. I dont get where all this hate stems from. Hes good defensively, something we lack. We should deftly try and keep george.

Note to self:

Devean George registered as Ataris_PunK
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby abeer3 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:55 am

crucifido wrote:I'd do it in a heartbeat. Why Indiana would do this though ios beyond me. I guess their disappointment in Bender, but its giving up an awful lot for a team that will also be rebuilding once they're bounced out of the playoffs next round.

Not for Bender but for the pick. Bender is iffy, but can easily be shipped off in another deal. That pick could give us more leverage with other deals or garner us a decent role player.

Dumping Devean isn't what I'd be excited about, the guy is good player, he's just been buried inrotation and without a definitive role for years now. That aside, getting rid of Medvedenko is nothing but a positive. He's a cap eater. All there is is only one more Euro to dump off of this roster and I'd be happy fan.

i agree with all of this. ever since i heard this rumor, i've been thinking it's too good to be true. what team wouldn't send out two non-contributors for what amounts to a one to two year tryout of a guy with serious potential. AND indy adds in their first rounder? i don't get it from their end. i'm sure they could get better for bender and a 1st. and donnie walsh is one of the best gms in the business. but hey, i sure as hell hope it happens, especially if that pick makes the boozer deal happen, too.

but again, i'm just not seeing how this deal helps indy all that much. it gets a few million off the cap one year earlier. i think george actually could play well in their system, but they've got stephen jackson, fred jones, and james jones all playing the swing position already (and playing well, in general).
abeer3

Postby JSM on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:52 am

Oh gosh, not this again. Gump sucks, plain and simple. Since I don't want for this topic to get derailed and go off topic and turn into a Gump discussion...go to search, type in jsm0331 as the author and Devean George as the keyword, then change the display results to posts, and lastly narrow the search by changing the forums you get results from to the Lakers Discussion. Read all of that, then you will be the newest member of the Anti-Gump club. Don't worry, I will send you an invitation via PM in a couple days. I'm still working on the club T-shirt and coffee mug.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors