Tid bits

Tid bits

Postby flexxdzl on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:17 pm

The Wizards might also enter the bidding for Daniels, a possible replacement for Hughes.

The 30-year-old Daniels averaged 11.2 points in 27 minutes for the Sonics last season.
Currently, Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers appear to be the front-runners for Daniels' services. So is Cleveland,

Lakers are interested on Sarunas Jasikevicius !!!

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:58 pm Post subject: Shaq pushing for Antonio Daniels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was reported that Shaq has already been on the phone to AD trying to get him to go to Miami. Shaq will do anything to stick it to us.

They also said he's pushing for Pat Riley to be the coach and Riley is thinking about it. Shaq is running that team and that's okay apparently.
Last edited by flexxdzl on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flexxdzl

Postby LakerLord3 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:22 pm

i dont belive they are interested in sarunas. He wants 11 mil.
sasha is my neighbor
LakerLord3

Postby noname on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:28 pm

LakerLord3 wrote:i dont belive they are interested in sarunas. He wants 11 mil.

not per year....

and where did you read that bit about Sarunas?
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Dime Dropper on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:59 pm

What's the max the Wizards could offer him?
Dime Dropper

Postby LaKeShOwHoRiZoN... on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:12 pm

Whoa!...Lakers interested in Sarunas?...if true, interesting...

He may not be a Randy Brown on D, but picturing him in the Tri? All everybody has to do is cut and slash and he'll find ya........This guy has great court awareness, high bball IQ, he can shoot...A leader who brings the intangibles...I wouldn't mind having him on the Lakers...If there was a situation where he can be had as a backup PG, I would be ecstatic....Just having him on your team is a very good thing imo...
"Even when facing the sword of death, our mind is unmoved. Even when drinking poison, the mind is quiet". -- Shodoka
LaKeShOwHoRiZoN...

Postby Dime Dropper on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:18 pm

Sasha is gonna get some serious looks from P-Jax. He's a perfect fit for the triangle offense, question is, how much of that offense is going to be instituted in a team that is literally run (on and off the court) by their 2 guard. My guess is Sasha is going to bloom. You put him with an offense oriented by low post, he's gotta shine. I think some people are forgetting how quick this guy is, he's a streaky shooter, but he's my pick for the suprise player of next year, IF he gets the chance to showcase his skills.
Dime Dropper

Postby crucifido on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:49 pm

Yeah, what a shocker - Shaq's all in favor of replacing the coach.

I'm sure we couldn't see that one coming. No doubt he's one 3 game losing streak away from "not getting the ball enough" too.

If they sign Daniels and/or try to retain Haslem along with thier other restrcited FAs, Shaq isn't getting his max extension. I can't wait to see how that impacts Shaq's impending attitude problem.

The only looks Sasha will be getting are for the suits he's going to be wearing on the IR this year. The kid has NO role on this team.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Dime Dropper on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:53 pm

Yeah, and Sasha playing was a big IF. I really hope we get him in though.
Dime Dropper

Postby trips on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:35 pm

So who's the one who really turned to the darkside... NUFF' said.
trips

Postby farhan810 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:37 pm

Dime Dropper wrote:Yeah, and Sasha playing was a big IF. I really hope we get him in though.

...why?
WE BELIEVE.
farhan810

Postby crucifido on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:03 am

Simply because Sasha is NOT an NBA caliber player - and I don't think he EVER will be.

Phil likes multiu-faceted guys that can be trusted to handle the ball if need be. Sasha has no skills on either end of the court that can't be duplicated (at worst) and/or trumped by ANYONE on the summer league squad, on the current Laker roster, via free agent signings or trades.

Sasha is a nice part of a trade - no more, but maybe less...that's why.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:30 pm

I highly doubt we can get Jasikevicius, if we wanted him. Cavs think he can be their shooter that they wanted in Redd or Allen. And since Hughes is more of a slasher than shooter, they think Jasikevicius could fit the bill. I would guess that they are going after Haslem first and if they can't get him, they will get Jasikevicius.

Also, the C's are very interested in Jasikevicius.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:10 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I highly doubt we can get Jasikevicius, if we wanted him. Cavs think he can be their shooter that they wanted in Redd or Allen. And since Hughes is more of a slasher than shooter, they think Jasikevicius could fit the bill. I would guess that they are going after Haslem first and if they can't get him, they will get Jasikevicius.

he turned down the c's offer, from what i've heard.
abeer3

Postby noname on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:27 pm

abeer3 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:I highly doubt we can get Jasikevicius, if we wanted him. Cavs think he can be their shooter that they wanted in Redd or Allen. And since Hughes is more of a slasher than shooter, they think Jasikevicius could fit the bill. I would guess that they are going after Haslem first and if they can't get him, they will get Jasikevicius.

he turned down the c's offer, from what i've heard.

no he hasn't,anyway how much money does cleveland have to offer?
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:59 pm

crucifido wrote: The only looks Sasha will be getting are for the suits he's going to be wearing on the IR this year. The kid has NO role on this team.

too bad there is no more IR...

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:04 pm

DaGreatKobe wrote:
crucifido wrote: The only looks Sasha will be getting are for the suits he's going to be wearing on the IR this year. The kid has NO role on this team.

too bad there is no more IR...

Maybe the NBDL will have an IR for him.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to Sourced Rumors