LO Trade Bait This Summer? (Sun-Sentinel p.16)

Postby jellyroll49 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:25 pm

use odom to get rid of luke :jam2: any squad that wants 14 mil off the cap, u gotta take luke :man9:
"It's not even close," says one Western Conference scout. "The difference between Kobe and LeBron is like [the one between] a Maserati and a Volvo."

:pipe: = bud enhanced post
jellyroll49

Postby theinsanity on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:50 pm

After a great game, I see people here hoping he plays at a high level consistently and also hoping he takes a pay cut. You can't have it both ways. Anybody throwing out numbers less than 10 million is a joke.
theinsanity

Postby Xepa on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Vaheblings has access to tehse type of people, so I believe
the remarks made by this thread by the way.

i have been thinking about this more, and I just thought I'd
throw something out there. :man10:

Marbury (expiring) + NY pick for Lamar Odom, Luke Walton,
(filler here).

Ehh, just my speculative .02

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby ballerxj on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm

If the lakers get D Rose It would be amazing. I have been willing to trade odom for rose since before the ncaa season started and i would still do so.
ballerxj

Postby The LeBrons on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Who would the Lakers want in the draft outside the top 5 (Beasley, Rose, B. Lopez, Bayless, Mayo/Gordon)?
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby knm131 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Xepa wrote:Vaheblings has access to tehse type of people, so I believe
the remarks made by this thread by the way.

i have been thinking about this more, and I just thought I'd
throw something out there. :man10:

Marbury (expiring) + NY pick for Lamar Odom, Luke Walton,
(filler here).

Ehh, just my speculative .02

May I ask, if Odom is an expiring worth $14M and Marbury is an expiring worth $20M ... why would New York take on Luke's salary, give up a draft pick, AND lose $6M in expiring salary?

Exactly what does New York get from this deal? In other words, if you were New York, aren't you better off allowing Marbury's salary to expire, AND keeping your draft pick?!!?
knm131

Postby ballerxj on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:34 pm

The LeBrons wrote:Who would the Lakers want in the draft outside the top 5 (Beasley, Rose, B. Lopez, Bayless, Mayo/Gordon)?

They should be keeping their eye on B.Rush.
ballerxj

Postby eNlight on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Michael Beasley is an incredible player. i really think he has the latitude quickness, the physical height, and great strength to fill lamar odom's shoes. Derrick Rose is the other player that i would take if we were to trade Lamar. Michael Beasley would be a cheaper and in the future, a much better Lamar Odom. Beasley is a player that has a jumper, finishing moves, and solid defense. We want a second player next to kobe that has the finishing moves (clutch). Derrick Rose's incredible assassin mentality would also complement kobe, and I sometimes think Rose can be a better player than Chris paul. I say to trade Lamar is only a good idea if we can get either young player, not anyone else.
eNlight

Postby shoefly72 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Some of these trade proposals are absurd. Stephon Marbury? Kirk Hinrich and Nocioni? Do you guys even WATCH basketball?
shoefly72

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:24 pm

shoefly72 wrote:Some of these trade proposals are absurd. Stephon Marbury? Kirk Hinrich and Nocioni? Do you guys even WATCH basketball?

Do you? Hinrich and Nocioni would be an incredible steal for us.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby thewill on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Of course Odom is a trade bait. Anyone with a $14M expiring contract is trade bait.

I don't think the Lakers have completely ruled out re-signing Odom. Right now is the pre-negotiation stage. Kupchak has communicated publicly and indirectly to Odom that the Lakers are willing to let Odom go if he asks for a maximum contract extension.

Here are some potential Laker strategies:

- Reduce Payroll - let Odom's contract expire <- I don't see the Lakers ever following this path. Odom is a bargaining chip that can be used to achieve an objective

- Re-sign Sasha and Turiaf - Odom might be traded to a team that signs new contracts for Sasha and Turiaf. <- Lakers get back Sasha, Turiaf, and some other talent/potential for Odom while also reducing payroll

- Get the King - Odom + whomever outside of Kobe & Bynum for Lebron

- Fill weaknesses - Odom could be traded away for depth at PG and SF. Hinrich and Nocioni has been proposed. I personally think Hinrich's contract is toxic; it's worse than Radman and Luke. I think Daniel Gibson is a better prospect.

- Bundle - Odom + Radman or Luke or Both. The objective here is to improve payroll flexibility. Xepa's Marbury trade fits here. Xepa's idea is interesting, although the Laker's would want to trade away Marbury.
thewill

Postby shoefly72 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
shoefly72 wrote:Some of these trade proposals are absurd. Stephon Marbury? Kirk Hinrich and Nocioni? Do you guys even WATCH basketball?

Hinrich is a point guard that relies too much on an inconsistent jumpshot (just like the rest of the Bulls) while Nocioni is a dirty player who flops and doesn't really bring anything to the table other than scrappiness and the occasional 3.

We are already set at the guard position with Fish and Farmar. When Jordan takes over he will probably post similar numbers to Hinrich while being a better shooter, more athletic and better at getting to the basket than Hinrich is. Hinrich plays better defense but with Jordan's athleticism I think he will come around if he works on it in the offseason; he is a good defender when he wants to be but seems to have lapses.

Why anybody would want Nocioni on this team is beyond me.

I'm not even going to address Marbury because that's straight foolishness.
shoefly72

Postby mapabu1 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:24 pm

You want Hinrich and Nocioni because they are both good on the defensive end something that Fish and Farmar are not. I think the knick deal was just about getting the pick more than getting Marbury
mapabu1

Postby Venti Quattro on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:25 pm

DALakeshow wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:Lamar Odom's fate as a Los Angeles Lakers player will be decided only when Andrew Bynum returns to the line-up. His role will completely change, going from power forward to small forward, he will be depended on more for his perimeter defense and offense instead of his rebounding and interior offense. With Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum at the top of the key and in the post respectively, will LO be able to hit the perimeter jumper? Will he be able to switch between his and Kobe Bryant's man on defense and stay in front? If he can make the adjustments, he will make a case to be extended, if not...he will be traded for a better fit.

There is no guarantee that Gasol and Bynum will even work. Especially on defense. Gasol is not quick enough to defend power forwards.

Also just because Lamar will start the game at SF does not mean he will play that position for 40 minutes. The Lakers will switch things up throught the course of the game and he will switch to PF for stretches and play alongside Gasol or Bynum up front with the other on the bench.

If the Lakers dont want him, im sure a team like the Cavaliers and Warriors would appreciate what he brings to the table.

Nocioni and Kirk Hinrich for Lamar? Is this a Dave Chappelle skit

What have they done this season. I dont see Nocioni moving to PF if Bynum or Gasol have injuries. Both of these guys are overated on Laker forums.

Gasol and Bynum, if healthy, will each be playing 35 minutes per game...keeping Odom to play 15 minutes of power forward does not make sense when you are going to sacrafice 35 quality minutes at small forward if he is not able to adjust to that role.

Nocioni and Hinrich for Odom is a great deal for the Lakers...receiving help at two areas of need and losing a luxury assuming 17 and 16 are healthy.

And Gasol and Bynum overrated? You mean the all-star who led the Grizzlies to back-to-back 50 win seasons and the 20 year-old who is being refered by NBA personnel as the next possible great center?
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby WeLoveLA on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Defenses are going to pack it in against us when Drew returns. Why give Lamar Odom a wide open lane to the hoop, just sag off him and force him to hit that outside shot. We need players out there who can spread the defenses, a SF with deadly range from three is exactly what this team needs.

As great as Odom is playing right now, I can't see him fitting in at the SF spot on this team.
WeLoveLA

Postby king2006 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:37 pm

two0one7 wrote:If LO plays 70% as well as he did today, forget any trades.

:jam2:
king2006

Postby Thizz on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:37 pm

mapabu1 wrote:You want Hinrich and Nocioni because they are both good on the defensive end something that Fish and Farmar are not. I think the knick deal was just about getting the pick more than getting Marbury

Hinrinh and Nocioni are really overrated. Especially Nocioni, his only pro is on defense but he is not a great shooter, is foul prone, and has a attitude
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j171/ ... /Rydah.jpg
Clyde Carson feat Sean Kingston- Doin that
Cassidy
Ya Boy- Aquaman that hoe
Mitchy Slick feat Kobe and Tiny Doo- Aint my fault
Thizz

Postby Futuristic on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:58 pm

The way Odom is playing right now, I don't see any trade that would benefit the Lakers by giving him away. It will almost be a fire sale if he gets traded.
Futuristic

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Quote me now..

Odom will not be dealt period end of story.

Phil Jackson is foaming at the mouth having odom as a third option player. I mean having a guy who can rebound, somewhat run the offense at times, not selfish, has nice length playing the SF position and gives us a nice defensive FC with him, Pau and Odom. :man4:
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Venti Quattro on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:48 pm

strikemode14 wrote:Quote me now..

Odom will not be dealt period end of story.

Phil Jackson is foaming at the mouth having odom as a third option player. I mean having a guy who can rebound, somewhat run the offense at times, not selfish, has nice length playing the SF position and gives us a nice defensive FC with him, Pau and Odom. :man4:

I don't think you understand...the way he is playing right now, and the things that are asked if him to do, i.e. rebounding and interior offense, will not longer be his main concern once Bynum and Gasol are starting at center and power forward respectively. If he can play perimeter defense and hit perimeter shots from the small forward position, thats great, but if not...he will be traded.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby koolkobe on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Thizz wrote:
mapabu1 wrote:You want Hinrich and Nocioni because they are both good on the defensive end something that Fish and Farmar are not. I think the knick deal was just about getting the pick more than getting Marbury

Hinrinh and Nocioni are really overrated. Especially Nocioni, his only pro is on defense but he is not a great shooter, is foul prone, and has a attitude

agreed, Hinrinh has struggled this year with everything and is making 11 million
say no to him

i'd rather just keep odom and have him slash to the basket on offense
and on defense let him play in a 2-3 zone which will be scary with bynum in the middle
koolkobe

Postby knm131 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 pm

shoefly72 wrote:
Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:

Hinrich is a point guard that relies too much on an inconsistent jumpshot (just like the rest of the Bulls) while Nocioni is a dirty player who flops and doesn't really bring anything to the table other than scrappiness and the occasional 3.

We are already set at the guard position with Fish and Farmar. When Jordan takes over he will probably post similar numbers to Hinrich while being a better shooter, more athletic and better at getting to the basket than Hinrich is. Hinrich plays better defense but with Jordan's athleticism I think he will come around if he works on it in the offseason; he is a good defender when he wants to be but seems to have lapses.

Why anybody would want Nocioni on this team is beyond me.

I'm not even going to address Marbury because that's straight foolishness.

Hey, that's better than the Odom for Gerald Green and Theo Ratliff trade ideas swirling around in here earlier in the season.

There was also a group proposing collectively that we trade Kwame Brown to get Kurt Thomas.

I say let the FO do what they think is best, since what they've done with our pieces has been better than anyone has been able to come up with in here.
knm131

Postby thewill on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

knm131 wrote:I say let the FO do what they think is best, since what they've done with our pieces has been better than anyone has been able to come up with in here.

:man10: You speak as though CLers have any say in their decision making...
thewill

Postby mapabu1 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Hinrich's deal is front-loaded so he makes less money each year and while he has struggled so dis Lamar until we got Gasol.
mapabu1

Postby thevilOne on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:57 pm

I think we should deal with the Hawks, they have some really decent players to choose from. Same deal with Odom, Walton and Farmer. Josh Childress, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson or Marvin Webster.
thevilOne

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors