LO Trade Bait This Summer? (Sun-Sentinel p.16)

Postby Enforcer on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:29 pm

I don't want to see Odom get moved. He's gotten such great chemistry with Pau and Kobe.
Enforcer

Postby Massacre on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:31 pm

I don't pay too much attention to the Milwaukee Bucks - but does it really make sense to trade your star player AND your lottery selection? Not that I doubt your sources, but I don't understand that.

Wouldn't dealing your franchise player mean rebuilding? What sense does it make to package your lottery pick? If the deal was solely based on Redd -- it would make sense because Milwaukee gains a large expiring and keeps the pick.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby shoefly72 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:36 pm

Redd is a better player than Lamar is and Mihm is a scrub. I don't see why the Bucks would do this because if they wanted an expiring contract you would also assume they wanted to retain draft picks...I call BS on this one. Also, Redd definitely does not play a position of need for us.
shoefly72

Postby Radner on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:41 pm

I guess it's not that bad of a deal if Redd is willing to sacrifice his shot selection and the primary scorer status. I'm assuming Kobe would be shifted to the three to make room for Redd. All in all, I think the Lakers make out well for the future.

For the Bucks, they get cap relief along with a one year rental of Lamar. They will probably try to throw in an unattractive contract (Gadzuric or Bell) to make the deal work out more financially for them.

Lamar
Mihm
Second Rounder

for

Redd
Gadzuric (Bell)
1st Rounder
Radner

Postby The LeBrons on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:58 pm

So...Redd at SF? He's a damn good shooter, but he can't play D and he's got a huge contract (3 years after this with max money). But getting Milwaukee's 1st (#7 approximately)? Milwaukee wants to dump Redd that bad that they're gonna throw in the #7 pick? That'd be nice and all, but...

And who would we take at #7? We'd have C/PF/SF/SG set, so we'd take a PG I'd guess? Westbrook? He can play defense, but #7 would be a reach
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby karacha on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:04 pm

The LeBrons wrote:So...Redd at SF?

No, Redd @ SG, Kobe @ SF.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The LeBrons on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:05 pm

karacha wrote:
The LeBrons wrote:So...Redd at SF?

No, Redd @ SG, Kobe @ SF.

Kobe needs to get fat.
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby karacha on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Well, Kobe plays minutes at SF already, when Sasha is playing SG. He likes playing this position anyway.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sirron on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:07 pm

seems way to early even for speculation on this. I would think the Lakers would not be sabotaging their playoff efforts by this floating out there. I think your source, while providing interesting info, is just off on this one.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby yong on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:07 pm

lakersforthewin wrote:
yong wrote:huh?!

michael redd + their first round pick?!!?!

WOW.

i love LO, and he is a better player than redd, as redd's defence is horrendous.

but that high first round pick?

just imagine

LO + mihm for Redd + OJ Mayo

where do I sign?

how are you going to spread PT with Kobe, Redd, Mayo, and Sasha at SG?

well redd shall play at SF if he is acquired. and he will become such a defensive liability it won't even be funny.

still, redd + mayo.... i will jump on that, for mayo.

guys need to cool down and understand that this rumour may be legit.

the bucks are uncomfortable with redd being their franchise player and they wanna rebuild around bogut + Yi. Redd has impeded their growth and they are stuck at mediocrity with Redd as their star. at the same time, redd has a cancerous contract while odom is a star with an expiring contract.

but i will feel real upset if they trade odom. damn... don't wanna lose such a great man and team player..
yong

Postby spitty on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:09 pm

I hear from buck fans that Redd has sucked since the injury. We can shift him to sg and play kobe at SF and would stiull be a killer combo and spreading of the floor woul become ridiculous. But his defense is questionable. Only hting that attracts me is the 1st round pick.
spitty

Postby The LeBrons on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:10 pm

^Mayo will not be there at 7. He'll be #3-5

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby spitty on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:11 pm

who cares about Mayo he sucks its all about Beasily. The guy is one in 100000 player.
spitty

Postby The LeBrons on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:12 pm

karacha wrote:Well, Kobe plays minutes at SF already, when Sasha is playing SG. He likes playing this position anyway.

Well he'll need to bulk back up, which isn't what his knees need right now. I don't think him getting posted up by every SF every game is a great plan (even though when he does, he takes it personally and locks them down).

But seriously this isn't happening.

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby spitty on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:14 pm

^we've had vlad guard sfs and lamar before, tell me you think you'd rather have them guard an sf or kobe? Its not like there are unstoppable sfs other than LeBron.
spitty

Postby slimjim on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:14 pm

redd?

why would the lakers need another offensive threat?

we have two 1st option talent players. (gasol and kobe)
we have an potential 1st option talent (bynum)
we have odom who doesn't care about scoring, or numbers and does what's needed (perfect compliment)

add redd and subtract odom?

that leaves gasol and bynum grabbing the rbs... sorry but that's not enough... odom is easily a better rber than gasol. (at least more aggressive)

our rbing trio of odom/gasol/bynum is deadly.... bynum/gasol? not so much....

the team does not need anymore offense... it needs defense... trading for redd makes no sense whatsoever.

only player i'd trade odom for is battier + depth.
artest would be sweet too!!!
Last edited by slimjim on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimjim

Postby mapabu1 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:16 pm

I am not doubting his sources but why would they trade their best player and their top 10 pick for LO. If it's true I do this in a heartbeat.
mapabu1

Postby Radner on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:21 pm

mapabu1 wrote:I am not doubting his sources but why would they trade their best player and their top 10 pick for LO. If it's true I do this in a heartbeat.

1. Redd is not considered their franchise player anymore. Yi is.

2. Redd demands a large salary which isn't helping them since they miss the playoffs the past few years.

3. Redd is the only one who has significant value outside of Bogut, Yi, and Williams, who are basically untouchable.

4. Their team isn't going anywhere with that team, so the next option is to make cap space.

I can understand the Bucks trading away Redd but the draft pick makes this deal sound false.
Last edited by Radner on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radner

Postby mapabu1 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:25 pm

Another point why would Buss take on more salary in Michael Redd
mapabu1

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:Quote me now..

Odom will not be dealt period end of story.

Phil Jackson is foaming at the mouth having odom as a third option player. I mean having a guy who can rebound, somewhat run the offense at times, not selfish, has nice length playing the SF position and gives us a nice defensive FC with him, Pau and Odom. :man4:

I don't think you understand...the way he is playing right now, and the things that are asked if him to do, i.e. rebounding and interior offense, will not longer be his main concern once Bynum and Gasol are starting at center and power forward respectively. If he can play perimeter defense and hit perimeter shots from the small forward position, thats great, but if not...he will be traded.

There is no such thing as having your SF be a 6'10 SF,.who is a better rebounder IMO then either Gasol or Bynum at this pt, who can defend, dribble the ball, dish out assists, and score. Not to mention when an injury happens can play the PF position.

Barring there is a team willing to move a high impact player I just can't see Phil giving his blessing on a deal to give up Odom.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby unpossibl1 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:28 pm

Wait, so the Bucks, who already have Yi and Charlie V, want to add Odom? And are willing to give up their first round pick (depending on what # the pick is I would assume) and Redd to get him?

Not sure that makes a whole lot of sense for either team. If the Bucks are rebuilding they will want to keep as many picks as they can, and having Odom,Villanueva, and Yi is a little redundant.

For the Lakers Odom has picked up his defense and his rebounding has been absolutely crucial for us. It's yet to be seen if a big lineup of LO,Pau, and Bynum will work, but I would rather have that than a small lineup with Kobe at SF and Redd at SG.

Besides, we need more defense, not offense. Redd would get a ton of open looks with Bynum and Pau in the post and Kobe driving and kicking, but still...we already have Sasha, Vlad, and Farmar in the spot up shooter role.
unpossibl1

Postby SignPippenNow on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:28 pm

I am almost certain that Mihm signed a two year, 5 million contract with player option for next year. Yes he will pick up the option but I think it is 2.5 instead of 4. I could be wrong though, but I don't think I am in this case.
SignPippenNow

Postby spitty on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:29 pm

bucks want to get ridd of Redd because he sucks now from the injury and is cap hogger. Do you see them in Playoffs in this POS leastern conference?
spitty

Postby Enforcer on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:39 pm

Where are these rumors coming from? Is the source even reliable? Because this trade doesn't make much sense for either side.
Enforcer

Postby Kob3eight on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:39 pm

Just gonna give this a :freak2:
Song Currently Playing
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors