LO Trade Bait This Summer? (Sun-Sentinel p.16)

Postby Brand New on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:56 am

I think Odom will be a perfect fit for the Bull especially since he could play the 4 perfect they don't have that one guy that could rebounds a lot and Odom will help them. And Nocioni will be a great fit for us IMO.
"Right now, we have a mentality that we are striving for perfection." Lamar Odom
Brand New

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:58 am

lotus wrote:Odom should have been trade 2 years ago. We'd probably have a championship by now.

That's a silly statement. For all his shortcomings, he was a main reason we got to the Finals this season. Once the Gasol deal was done, we needed Odom at the 4 desperately. Who else starts if we don't have Odom? Ronny?

Anyway, he's probably gone because of his expiring contract and poor fit on this team, but he shouldn't be completely dumped on upon his exit. He did some good things for us too.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The KOBYNUM ERA on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:58 am

last stand wrote:and offensively he always had jason kidd and he is really injury prone lately

Odom knows all about being injury prone.

Jefferson is a good slasher/finisher. Shoots better than Odom. Is capable of taking over a game offensively, something Odom has never been able to do.
It has Begun
The KOBYNUM ERA

Postby SashasGurl on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Jajwa wrote:Anybody else considered the fact that Odom will likely retire if he leaves L.A.? He said something like that when asked about an extension. I think he'd make a perfect long-term SF/PF backup for years to come if he took a salary cut.

I think you guys may have to study other parts of the roster to improve with.

Just like Kwame you have to learn to turn crap into gold. Chicago is the only situation I've found that allows that kind of turn around.

Maybe just maybe a Sasha Vujajic sign and trade could help as well but only so much I'd say.

:man4: uh. no
SASHA IS A SLOVENIAN PIMP!
SashasGurl

Postby Brand New on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:17 pm

anybody think Mike Miller would be perfect? But I doubt Memphis will trade with us ever.
"Right now, we have a mentality that we are striving for perfection." Lamar Odom
Brand New

Postby Jajwa on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:18 pm

If it happens, it happens only so much you can do, although I really don't expect it to. The only solution I've found to such a situation would be playing Kobe for his 40 mpg entirely at SG.

I hope Sasha re-signs for about 5m a year.
Jajwa

Postby lotus on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:43 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
lotus wrote:Odom should have been trade 2 years ago. We'd probably have a championship by now.

That's a silly statement. For all his shortcomings, he was a main reason we got to the Finals this season. Once the Gasol deal was done, we needed Odom at the 4 desperately. Who else starts if we don't have Odom? Ronny?

Anyway, he's probably gone because of his expiring contract and poor fit on this team, but he shouldn't be completely dumped on upon his exit. He did some good things for us too.

Not silly. Laker fans have been hanging on to his so called "potential" since he's been here and he's never lived up to it.

Now you want to say he's the reason we got to the Finals? Well, you can say that about a few players (see Fisher and Gasol).

No one said he's made a zero contribution, but it was obvious that he wasn't going to be there when most needed. I'm not impressed with his box scores when it's based on inconsistent play, and not showing up when it got tough in the Finals and some of the playoffs.
lotus

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:52 pm

lotus wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Not silly. Laker fans have been hanging on to his so called "potential" since he's been here and he's never lived up to it.

Now you want to say he's the reason we got to the Finals? Well, you can say that about a few players (see Fisher and Gasol).

No one said he's made a zero contribution, but it was obvious that he wasn't going to be there when most needed. I'm not impressed with his box scores when it's based on inconsistent play, and not showing up when it got tough in the Finals and some of the playoffs.

I said he was a main reason, not THE main reason. I agree that you could say that about a number of players.

I'm all moving Odom for the reasons you laid out, but your original statement that we "probably already have won a championship" had we already traded Odom was a silly exaggeration.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby UsC/LaKeRs on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:55 pm

A caller on the Loose Cannons just suggested that the Lakers trade Lamar Odom to the Mavericks straight up for Brandon Bass. Reason being he is an up and coming player :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I'm all up for the trade as long as Josh Howard is involved as well :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
UsC/LaKeRs

Postby Weezy on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:00 pm

JSM wrote:And here come the rumors...

ESPN's Chad Ford: With the Lakers flaming out in the Finals, it didn't take long for speculation about Lamar Odom to begin. A number of teams covet Odom because of his expiring contract.

I'd expect the Lakers to hear from the Nets (for Richard Jefferson), the Bulls (for Andres Nocioni), the Kings (for Ron Artest) and Memphis (for Mike Miller).

The Lakers and Grizzlies, as you might remember, have a history.

I'd take any of those guys for LO, they all have strengths we could use.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 pm

RJeff is a better defender & better shooter than LO..Not to mention he can step up & be a true second option if Pau decides to disappear again.. Where do I sign? Next to Artest for the MLE we can't do better than RJeff for LO
LakersN4

Postby Crispy on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:30 pm

I think we should go after a guy like Baron Davis. It's obvious that this team needs a dynamic PG, Fisher just isn't what he used to be. Fisher's a spark off the bench, not a starter. So maybe like a Odom+Farmar+pick for Davis type deal. I know, this is pipe. Because I doubt the Warriors would even trade with the best team in their division.

I figure we could go with these lineups... probably start out with Ariza, since he's developing a jumpshot to go with his defense and athleticism. I'd also like to get a guy like Josh Childress with the MLE, which would make Odom even more expendable for a PG. So this leaves us with a bench with Fisher, Vujacic, Walton, Radmanovic, Turiaf, Karl, Mbenga, MLE.

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Ariza
SG - Bryant
PG - Davis

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Bryant
SG - Vujacic
PG - Davis
Crispy

Postby Jajwa on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:31 pm

Crispy wrote:I think we should go after a guy like Baron Davis. It's obvious that this team needs a dynamic PG, Fisher just isn't what he used to be. Fisher's a spark off the bench, not a starter. So maybe like a Odom+Farmar+pick for Davis type deal. I know, this is pipe. Because I doubt the Warriors would even trade with the best team in their division.

I figure we could go with these lineups... probably start out with Ariza, since he's developing a jumpshot to go with his defense and athleticism. I'd also like to get a guy like Josh Childress with the MLE, which would make Odom even more expendable for a PG. So this leaves us with a bench with Fisher, Vujacic, Walton, Radmanovic, Turiaf, Karl, Mbenga, MLE.

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Ariza
SG - Bryant
PG - Davis

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Bryant
SG - Vujacic
PG - Davis

I can beat your team:

PG- Hinrich
SG- Bryant
SF- Artest
PF- Gasol
C- Bynum
Jajwa

Postby Brand New on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:31 pm

we won't get Davis, we have a better shot and getting Nocioni or Jefferson then Baron
Brand New

Postby wallangong on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:35 pm

lotus wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

not silly, just flat out stupid and ungrateful. Oh, LO didn't show up in the Finals?

THE WHOLE TEAM SKIPPED THE FINALS.

just because the man is the most logical player to ship out doesn't mean he's the scapegoat for the loss. i seriously have to question the intelligence on this board when a majority of the board acts like LO did nothing and is worth no more than a bag of peanuts. the last few days, that's all i keep seeing is how much this guy sucks. come on guys, don't be so asinine.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:35 pm

Crispy wrote:I think we should go after a guy like Baron Davis. It's obvious that this team needs a dynamic PG, Fisher just isn't what he used to be. Fisher's a spark off the bench, not a starter. So maybe like a Odom+Farmar+pick for Davis type deal. I know, this is pipe. Because I doubt the Warriors would even trade with the best team in their division.

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Ariza
SG - Bryant
PG - Davis

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Bryant
SG - Vujacic
PG - Davis

I been saying the same thing for days now and no one will listen. goodluck!

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/just-add-bynum-and-title-not-dynamic-pg-needed-t97986.html
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Weezy on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:38 pm

Unless we fire Phil and add a coach that runs nothing but pick n roll, why do we need a dynamic PG? What good would Baron or any other playmaking PG be in the triangle? Our offense needs a quality C and a quality SF and above all we need defense.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jajwa on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:39 pm

That would be somewhat of a waste of Baron Davis' abilities.

In order my top two PGs who would thrive in the triangle have always been:

1. Chauncey Billups
2. Kirk Hinrich
3. Delonte West
Jajwa

Postby wallangong on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:39 pm

Weezy wrote:Unless we fire Phil and add a coach that runs nothing but pick n roll, why do we need a dynamic PG? What good would Baron or any other playmaking PG be in the triangle? Our offense needs a quality C and a quality SF and above all we need defense.

yeah i'm confused. after watching Rajon Rondo run PG for the championship team, what on earth makes people think we need Baron? i'd love to have him, but i'd much rather have Artest
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Weezy wrote:Unless we fire Phil and add a coach that runs nothing but pick n roll, why do we need a dynamic PG? What good would Baron or any other playmaking PG be in the triangle? Our offense needs a quality C and a quality SF and above all we need defense.

LO for Hinrich fits a need. I'd love it. Throw in Artest for the MLE or an improved Ariza and I'll be ecstatic.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:43 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:

LO for Hinrich fits a need. I'd love it. Throw in Artest for the MLE or an improved Ariza and I'll be ecstatic.

That's my dream offseason. Heck, if we got Hinrich and Artest, I wouldn't even care about Ariza. I'm kinda resigned to the fact that we have 2 MLE contract level sfs as backups and a third isn't going to happen.
Savory Griddles

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:45 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

That's my dream offseason. Heck, if we got Hinrich and Artest, I wouldn't even care about Ariza. I'm kinda resigned to the fact that we have 2 MLE contract level sfs as backups and a third isn't going to happen.

We're on the same page. There's not a better team this decade on paper on both sides of the floor than Hinrich/Kobe/Artest/Pau/Bynum with Ariza/Fish/Ronny/Sasha coming off the bench...I just came.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby slimjim on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:45 pm

Last edited by slimjim on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimjim

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

We're on the same page. There's not a better team this decade on paper on both sides of the floor than Hinrich/Kobe/Artest/Pau/Bynum with Ariza/Fish/Ronny/Sasha coming off the bench...I just came.

Couldn't you have gotten off my page before you did? :mhihi:
Savory Griddles

Postby vaheblings on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:47 pm

Like i said in April Odom is as good as gone. Just check page 1
vaheblings

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors