LO Trade Bait This Summer? (Sun-Sentinel p.16)

Postby Jajwa on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Vincey wrote:
Jajwa wrote:It would be for more than Hinrich, but that's besides the point. It's the last case safe scenario.

Right now we're just waiting on Artest and trying to convince New Jersey that Odom for RJ is a good trade.

Who else? Drew Gooden? I don't see anyone on the Bulls roster that I'd want here.. realistically speaking. Why does that even have to be a scenario? The Lakers don't need to start looking for point guards just yet.. shipping off LO just for the sake of trading seems ill-advised.

It's not Gooden. It's Nocioni plus us sending out Radmanovic. We upgrade at the PG spot (in my opinion) and Nocioni is a far better defender than Radmanovic.

That allows us to trade Farmar for another upgrade elsewhere.

We are holding onto Odom for now just to wait and see what Artest does. It seems that RJ is the second option.
Jajwa

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Jajwa wrote:
Vincey wrote:
Jajwa wrote:It would be for more than Hinrich, but that's besides the point. It's the last case safe scenario.

Right now we're just waiting on Artest and trying to convince New Jersey that Odom for RJ is a good trade.

Who else? Drew Gooden? I don't see anyone on the Bulls roster that I'd want here.. realistically speaking. Why does that even have to be a scenario? The Lakers don't need to start looking for point guards just yet.. shipping off LO just for the sake of trading seems ill-advised.

It's not Gooden. It's Nocioni plus us sending out Radmanovic. We upgrade at the PG spot (in my opinion) and Nocioni is a far better defender than Radmanovic.

That allows us to trade Farmar for another upgrade elsewhere.

We are holding onto Odom for now just to wait and see what Artest does. It seems that RJ is the second option.

Add Marion to that possibility according to Emplay's last article. I'm not big on the Bulls deal myself. Nocioni is all right. But I'd be tempted to just see how Odom fits before the deadline and explore that trade later if need be.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby TrojanMan DMG on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:24 pm

Vincey wrote:
Jajwa wrote:
Vincey wrote:If they ship Odom off, it better be for a 3, and nothing else. I only want to see Artest, Miller, or Jefferson in Odom's spot.

They can keep Kirk, the Lakers don't need that ugly contract.

It's not that ugly.

We'll see about Jefferson etc... very soon.

Kirk is overpaid period. Point being [pun intended], if the Lakers decide to trade Odom, I don't want it to be for a point guard. Especially if it's Kirk freaking Hinrich. He's decent, but what exactly would that solve?

It would solve our perimter defense and perimeter shooting that we don't have with Pau, Bynum, and Odom starting. Don't get me wrong, I really like Odom, he is seemingly a great guy, and easy to root for, but he does not have an outside jumper that we need to space the floor out for Pau, Bynum, and Kobe. We can't just start him at point guard, because it doesn't solve the spacing issue. So if we start Fish, Kobe, Artest, Pau, and Bynum, then we have Lamar as our $13 million dollar 6th man? Then what do we do next offseason? Just let him walk? Why not get a great fit for our team now (Hinrich). We need another SF like we need another hole in our head. I would love to get rid of Vlad and Luke (especially Luke, that guy is a tuuurrrible knucklehead) but no NBA team is going to take them in a trade. Teams want an expiring contract, and Lamar is just that. He is great trade bait now. So if we can get Artest, we need to move Lamar. And what position would we need a starter at with a lineup of Fish, Kobe, Artest, Paul, and Bynum? Clearly an upgrade at PG would be the obvious choice. Hinirch is a player that Chicago would desperately want to move if/when they draft Rose, and I think he would be a perfect fit at PG for the Triangle offense.
TrojanMan DMG

Postby Poooky on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:30 pm

any updates vaheblings?
""I eat babies!!! Woot woot"
Poooky

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:36 pm

here is what most likely goes down

we shop odom with probably 3 guys in mind

most likely

artest
prince
and marion

if we dont get one of those guys we keep lamar and act like nothing happened
last stand

Postby yong on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:45 pm

i don't want to talk trade cause i appreciate odom.

but if there is one deal i want to see happen if we trade him,

it wouldn't be for prince. we have enough SFs

i think odom + luke for hinrich + gooden makes most sense.

for chicago

Noah
Odom/tyrus
Deng
Larry Hughes
Rose

for lakers- we lose some star power, but gain balance and shed deadweight

Bynum/ mihm/ turiaf
Gasol/ Gooden
Ariza/ Vlad
Kobe/ Sasha
Hinrich/ Farmar/ Fish

perfect? i think so...
yong

Postby Mr. Chicken on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:11 pm

So many damn rumors.. I feel really bad for LO now. It's as if it seems like it's all LO's fault for losing in the Finals. The guy played great with us imo and I think he deserves to stay on this team. But hey, if we can get a better addition to the team, so be it, but damn I feel for the guy. EVERY summer he's been on trade rumors.
"I'm chasing perfection"--Kobe Bryant
Mr. Chicken

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Because he's never fit as a SF.
Jajwa

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:23 pm

my ideal situation would be for ron artest to say F U to his agent who wants him to stay in Sac town only for money reasons and then for him to opt out

us to sign ron ron

and then play lamar at second unit PF

that would be my dream team

i love ron artest top 10 favorite player in the league playoff performer we know what he does when on his game a top 20 player

and i love lamar hes hilarious hes the comedic relief everyone loves lamar in the locker room

plus if lamar is your 5th best player and coming off the bench your team is beyond stacked

andrew/ ronny
pau/ lamar
artest/ ariza
kobe/ sasha
derek/ jordan

unstoppable
last stand

Postby thewill on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:53 pm

JSM wrote:And here come the rumors...

ESPN's Chad Ford: With the Lakers flaming out in the Finals, it didn't take long for speculation about Lamar Odom to begin. A number of teams covet Odom because of his expiring contract.

I'd expect the Lakers to hear from the Nets (for Richard Jefferson), the Bulls (for Andres Nocioni), the Kings (for Ron Artest) and Memphis (for Mike Miller).

The Lakers and Grizzlies, as you might remember, have a history.

What happened to no trades between division rivalries? Kings can find equal or larger expiring contracts from the Knicks and Caveliers.
thewill

Postby Shortodom on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:09 pm

The only one i say no too is Andres, Miller is a deadlier shooter then the Machine and his D isn't that bad. But id take Ron and Jefferson over him but will be happy if we settle for Miller.
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby LetHimRoll on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:22 pm

BSPN News just reported Marion is looking for 13-15mil a year for three years. They said Miami is only offering 10mil.
LetHimRoll

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:23 pm

LetHimRoll wrote:BSPN News just reported Marion is looking for 13-15mil a year for three years. They said Miami is only offering 10mil.

and
last stand

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:27 pm

Marion really had a pretty crappy year in Miami, I'd be hesitant.
Jajwa

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Jajwa wrote:Marion really had a pretty crappy year in Miami, I'd be hesitant.

yeah their might be a reason they are only offering him 10 million
last stand

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:32 pm

You offer Marion that kind of cash he better be what he was in Pheonix.

If anything I'd rather satisfy Artest's demands.
Jajwa

Postby LetHimRoll on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:33 pm

last stand wrote:
LetHimRoll wrote:BSPN News just reported Marion is looking for 13-15mil a year for three years. They said Miami is only offering 10mil.

and

Just passing info. You can come to your own conclusions. Mine would be, a trade for him seems possible. :man12:
LetHimRoll

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Do you really want him if he sucked at SF? I mean he was bad, just didn't create offense.
Jajwa

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Jajwa wrote:You offer Marion that kind of cash he better be what he was in Pheonix.

If anything I'd rather satisfy Artest's demands.

exactly with artest here is what you know

you will get 17+ points

5+ rebounds

3+assists

toughness

all time level defense

big stage experience with the pacers

and the ability to create his own shot and shots for others

with marion well

hes choked in the playoffs

while i don't believe the he can't create his own shot thing he has not proved me right to date

he can shoot but his defense is not on par in the least with ron artest

he left pheonix not because of money but because he didn't like being 3rd fiddle here he will be 4th fiddle

complete unknown

i would rather commit to ron artest and throw 13 million his way than give even 10 million to marion
Last edited by last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
last stand

Postby LetHimRoll on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Jajwa wrote:Do you really want him if he sucked at SF? I mean he was bad, just didn't create offense.

Not really but I would take him over Prince. I really want Battier or Artest
LetHimRoll

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:43 pm

LetHimRoll wrote:
Jajwa wrote:Do you really want him if he sucked at SF? I mean he was bad, just didn't create offense.

Battier is a black hole on offense and the result of the Finals as far as Kobe being open will be the exact same. We had shooters to space the floor. All they did was prevent the Celtics from hitting foul trouble.
Jajwa

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:44 pm

LetHimRoll wrote:

for me battier is not an option he is not value at all for odom

hes older, relies on others offensively, and is great at defending jump shooters but the big physical guys can not always but occasionally get to the rim.

for me its ron artest and lamar odom

i'm warming up to richard jefferson

teyshaun prince hasn't played great defense since ben wallace left town which probably has some correlation

marion worries the hell out of me last thing we need is another guy who wont show up for kobe in big games

give me ron or RJ24 or just keep lamar and force him to lose 20 pounds and work his butt off on his jumper
last stand

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:45 pm

Jajwa wrote:
LetHimRoll wrote:

Battier is a black hole on offense and the result of the Finals as far as Kobe being open will be the exact same. We had shooters to space the floor. All they did was prevent the Celtics from hitting foul trouble.

thank you i'm glad someone said it

we need a guy who can shoot, create, and play defense

battier and prince dont fit that mold IMO
last stand

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Here's the problem with Shane Battier. Paul Pierce was in the 4-5 PF range the entire series because of Kobe. If you can have him getting fouls thanks to Richard Jefferson a guy who gets to the line (unlike Lamar who commits charges) you can force Paul Pierce to be either a (female dog) on defense or foul out.
Jajwa

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:52 pm

Jajwa wrote:Here's the problem with Shane Battier. Paul Pierce was in the 4-5 PF range the entire series because of Kobe. If you can have him getting fouls thanks to Richard Jefferson a guy who gets to the line (unlike Lamar who commits charges) you can force Paul Pierce to be either a (female dog) on defense or foul out.

thats the big reason i'm warming up to RJ24 as soon as i found out he gets to the line 8.3 times a game he moved way up my chart

we haven't had a guy who can get to the foul line besides kobe since well shaq and we all know how that went at the charity stripe.

ron artest will always be number 1 on my list of number 2 guys for kobe

i know its annoying but i'll say it again hes a top 20 player when on top of his game

but if hes unattainable i would be more than thrilled to have a guy in RJ who can get to the rim, shoot, and play above average defense which is much better than vlad rad which with bynum makes us that much more formidable and adds another dimension to our offense
last stand

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors