LO Trade Bait This Summer? (Sun-Sentinel p.16)

Postby dvdrdiscs on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:54 pm

kentu_tiro wrote:If we win the championship, LO will be offered a new contract but they will give him something around the 7-8M per season. That is if he accepts. We all know that 14M per that Riley gave him is too extravagant and way overpriced for Odom. A 7-8M per season deal is just about right.

If we don't win it all and one of the glaring weakness identified is our SF spot, then LO is trade bait till next season's deadline (just like Marion).

Or it could be that they are really serious about limiting the luxury tax they pay. Which means they will just let Odom play out next season irregardless of what happens this year. Then Ariza, Radmanovic and Luke becomes our SF triumvirate. Gasol plays full time PF and Bynum the full time center.

Anything around $10 mil is fair value. But even at that price, the Lakers will end up paying more for being over the cap.
dvdrdiscs

Postby The_Lamar_Show on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:54 pm

Battier is decent. I rather have him over Milk Miller. Or we can get a defensive SG and slid Kobe to the SF position. Someone like.... Raja Bell?? :man1: Or just trade Lamar for Ron Artest. I'd go for that trade.
The_Lamar_Show

Postby lakersin08 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:57 pm

jjin28 wrote:odom and farmar for marion and draft pick.

draft Rose or OJ Mayo

Rose
Kobe
Marion
Gasol
Bynum

I heard Marion's ego is huge, do we really want to trade for an Odom clone who can make things bad in the locker room?
lakersin08

Postby RafoJan on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:18 pm

what if lamar odom is willing to take a HUGE pay cut? you think we will resign him ??? i really think he is great for the team cause he can play the 3 4 and if needed the 5. great player to have as a 4th option
RafoJan

Re: Lamar Odom Trade Bait This Summer?

Postby Najim on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:29 pm

vaheblings wrote:I can't tell you where i herd it from, but i could tell you that the Lakers will trade Lamar Odom this summer, regardless if we win a title or not. Take it how you wanna take it, but from what i herd is that he will be packaged to a team with his 14million expiring contract for a high draft pick. Now that's all i was told from a legit source who i met last night. It would be like the Ray Allen trade to Boston for Green. Now if you look at it the teams who will have high draft picks this year is:

Heat
Clippers
Sonics
Grizzles
Bobcats
Bucks
Knicks

There must be a player the lakers are tageting but who? Mayo, Love, Beasly, Gordon, Rose, its a great draft this year. If you think about it, it all makes sense Odom is gonna want another huge contract, but why give it to him when u got Bynum/Gasol/Kobe ? Like i said this is what i herd and i wanted 2 share with you, believe me or not, i dont make up BS.

The thing is, given how hard it is to pull off a trade in the NBA (barring this recent flurry of Gasol-inspired trades out west), I don't think even Mitch Kupchak knows with 100% certainty that LO will or won't be traded this summer. I'm sure we'll all concede that unless LO absolutely dominates in the playoffs, Mitch will have his ear to the ground on this.
The Last Stand Has Begun...
Najim

Postby D.B. Cooper on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:50 pm

vaheblings wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:It gonna be Odom to the grizzlies for Miller and the high pick.

That sounds pretty good, but another thing that could happen is the Blazers dont want another rookie, they need someone whos a Vet, maybe Odom for there top pick? Which could be 5-14? That would give them a good team.

Oden
Odom
Webster
Roy
Jack

You forgot Aldridge. Not happening unless its a three way and we get
Webster or Outlaw back. For those of you that say Odom isn't gonna get
shopped your wrong. Dude makes too much. That money needs to be freed
up to max out Drew and give Turiaf his extension.
D.B. Cooper

Postby SignPippenNow on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:09 pm

It sure puts my mind at ease to know we will trade Lamar, but still have Luke and Radman. Nice extension to Luke and long term contract to Luke. I have no problem trading Odom for a high pick if a SF comes back as well.. Miller or Battier or someone like that. They have to move past Luke Walton and he is one who needs to go. I would see if Odom will take a paycut to 9 or 10 million and then try and give Luke and Radman away.
SignPippenNow

Postby Xepa on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:24 pm

What's the obsession with Mike MIller?

We need some defense. If we are to trade Odom for anything, it'd be for a defensive oriented point guard. I like the Hinrich and Nocioni idea.

The Bulls have Hughes who is redundant to Hinrich, and Hughes has been producing well in their system, and is the least tradeable of the two. We Odom for Hinrich and trash.

With our MLE, we could sign Josh Childress, who is a defensive oriented small forward with a consistent mid-range J.

PG Hinrich/Farmar
SG Kobe/Sasha
SF Childress/Vladrad
PFGasol/Puke
C Bynum / Turiaf

Just my .02

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby king2006 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:37 pm

The Maverick wrote:L4L proposed this trade in another thread.

Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar and Luke Walton for Andres Nocioni Kirk Hinrich.

I'd love that trade, and if the rumors are true about Larry Brown becoming the Chicago coach, I think he'd do it too.

i don't think so . maybe Andres Nocioni is the next Vladimir Radmanovic.
Jordan Farmar is palying better and better now. and if this trade become ture,i will be very sad because we lost Lamar Odom.
king2006

Postby SignPippenNow on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 pm

I thanked God the day I heard Crittenton was traded and I pray he never wears purple and gold again. Messageboard superstar and nothing else.
SignPippenNow

Postby Mr. Chicken on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Weezy wrote:
The Maverick wrote:L4L proposed this trade in another thread.

Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar and Luke Walton for Andres Nocioni Kirk Hinrich.

I'd love that trade, and if the rumors are true about Larry Brown becoming the Chicago coach, I think he'd do it too.

I also love that trade, Hinrich to me is the ideal Tri PG, he's tall, he can defend and he can shoot. Nocioni would also be a big upgrade from Luke.

And he can defend.
"I'm chasing perfection"--Kobe Bryant
Mr. Chicken

Re: Lamar Odom Trade Bait This Summer?

Postby revgen on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:49 pm

vaheblings wrote:I can't tell you where i herd it from, but i could tell you that the Lakers will trade Lamar Odom this summer, regardless if we win a title or not. Take it how you wanna take it, but from what i herd is that he will be packaged to a team with his 14million expiring contract for a high draft pick. Now that's all i was told from a legit source who i met last night. It would be like the Ray Allen trade to Boston for Green. Now if you look at it the teams who will have high draft picks this year is:

Heat
Clippers
Sonics
Grizzles
Bobcats
Bucks
Knicks

There must be a player the lakers are tageting but who? Mayo, Love, Beasly, Gordon, Rose, its a great draft this year. If you think about it, it all makes sense Odom is gonna want another huge contract, but why give it to him when u got Bynum/Gasol/Kobe ? Like i said this is what i herd and i wanted 2 share with you, believe me or not, i dont make up BS.

A high draft pick doesn't not equal 14 million dollars. If the Lakers are looking to save money, then there would have to be expiring contracts coming with the high picks.

The only teams that make any sense are the Heat, Sonics, and Grizzlies. They are the only teams that I see doing run 'n gun which Odom would excel in if he was a #2 or #1 guy. Unless the other teams are willing to adjust their style, I don't see them taking Odom.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:58 pm

I have two predictions...

1) Lamar Odom FOR Andres Nocioni and Chicago's First-Round Draft Pick

2) Lamar Odom FOR Bobby Simmons, Charlie Villanueva, and Milwaukee's First-Round Draft Pick
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby Deucetre33 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:16 pm

Take whatever I said back. LAMAR IS A LAKER FOR LIFE!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Deucetre33

Postby yong on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:17 pm

lamar odom for life!!!

i won't trade LO for any of the rookies other than beasley.
yong

Postby SignPippenNow on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 pm

If the Lakers trade Lamar they are fools. Rid salary by getting rid of Radman, Luke and even Turiaf if need be. Odom has to stay.
SignPippenNow

Postby WeLoveLA on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:21 pm

Exactly Lamar is far from trade bait IMHO if he is willing to take a slight paycut after next season.

We need to shed Radman and Walton ASAP. They are complete dead weight on this team and provide us with absolutely nothing on the defensive end.
WeLoveLA

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:21 pm

If LO plays 70% as well as he did today, forget any trades.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:23 pm

If he can contionue to play like this (and this time he might, with Gasol and the emergence of Bynum) - re-sign him. Still, it would be nice to take less money this time.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby LO7cK35 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:24 pm

as good as odom and gasol play together why would we want to trade him.

dallas played a great game today and we still pulled it out mainly because of the huge play from the odom-gasol connection.
LO7cK35

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 pm

If Lamar plays even 60% of the games like this or the MONSTROUS rebounding games he had - he is here to stay. I pray that Bass sees that.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Shadow on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:27 pm

:mhihi: at the "change of heart"
Shadow

Postby LO7cK35 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:27 pm

karacha wrote:If he can contionue to play like this (and this time he might, with Gasol and the emergence of Bynum) - re-sign him. Still, it would be nice to take less money this time.

unfortunately to keep our team intact he would have to.

however, he is in the prime of his career and he knows his next contract after he gets this one will not be as big, so would he really be willing to take that paycut is what worries me.

if you think about it taking that paycut right now financially wise would be a horrible decision for him. but to stay in the purple and gold and win a chip, its what has to be done
LO7cK35

Postby V-R-LaKeRs on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:33 pm

i think lamar read this forum topic.. he was the MAN!! tonight...
V-R-LaKeRs

Postby gill on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 pm

C'mon Lamar... take a paycut!
gill

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors