LO Trade Bait This Summer? (Sun-Sentinel p.16)

LO Trade Bait This Summer? (Sun-Sentinel p.16)

Postby vaheblings on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:24 pm

I can't tell you where i herd it from, but i could tell you that the Lakers will trade Lamar Odom this summer, regardless if we win a title or not. Take it how you wanna take it, but from what i herd is that he will be packaged to a team with his 14million expiring contract for a high draft pick. Now that's all i was told from a legit source who i met last night. It would be like the Ray Allen trade to Boston for Green. Now if you look at it the teams who will have high draft picks this year is:

Heat
Clippers
Sonics
Grizzles
Bobcats
Bucks
Knicks

There must be a player the lakers are tageting but who? Mayo, Love, Beasly, Gordon, Rose, its a great draft this year. If you think about it, it all makes sense Odom is gonna want another huge contract, but why give it to him when u got Bynum/Gasol/Kobe ? Like i said this is what i herd and i wanted 2 share with you, believe me or not, i dont make up BS.
Last edited by vaheblings on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vaheblings

Re: Lamar Odom Trade Bait This Summer?

Postby kobejon on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm

vaheblings wrote:I can't tell you where i herd it from, but i could tell you that the Lakers will trade Lamar Odom this summer, regardless if we win a title or not . Take it how you wanna take it, but from what i herd is that he will be packaged to a team with his 14million expiring contract for a high draft pick. Now that's all i was told from a legit source who i met last night. It would be like the Ray Allen trade to Boston for Green. Now if you look at it the teams who will have high draft picks this year is:

Heat
Clippers
Sonics
Grizzles
Bobcats
Bucks
Knicks

There must be a player the lakers are tageting but who? Mayo, Love, Beasly, Gordon, Rose, its a great draft this year. If you think about it, it all makes sense Odom is gonna want another huge contract, but why give it to him when u got Bynum/Gasol/Kobe ? Like i said this is what i herd and i wanted 2 share with you, believe me or not, i dont make up BS.

Everything in your post seems probable. Except the bold part. I have a hard time believing that
A.T.G.R.O.O
kobejon

Postby The Maverick on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:32 pm

L4L proposed this trade in another thread.

Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar and Luke Walton for Andres Nocioni Kirk Hinrich.

I'd love that trade, and if the rumors are true about Larry Brown becoming the Chicago coach, I think he'd do it too.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby Mando323 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:32 pm

Gordon FTW!!!! we need a PG. i wouldn't mind Mayo though.
Mando323

Postby vaheblings on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Honestly I believe you. I know you're pretty big with the DJ stuff and you do get a chance to meet some people.

However, I wouldn't have ever thought they wouldn't be open to trading him. If the right deal comes along they'll trade anyone. Especially with out team now, we have Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol on our front line, not to mention a guy you might have heard of by the name of KOBE BRYANT. Odom really played well with Pau and Kobs in the lineup, but I wonder how he will fare when the full unit is there. I wouldn't mind trading him for a high draft pick, I just don't know how high we could go, plus I love every player on this team and would hate to see any of them go. I understand we gotta do what is best for the team though.

I wish we could trade him before the lottery was set. Well, I do and don't, I hope whatever we do is a benefit to this team and the players that are leaving as well.

Well thanx 4 atleast believing me, like i said i dont know if it will happen, im just sharing wit u, one huge laker fan to another, that this is what i was told last night, from someone who knows what they're talking about (can't say who, cuz i do see that person once in a while) but according to that story, they just don't wanna pay Lamar that much money for being a 4th option behind Kobe/Gasol/Bynum. And plus Andrew has to get extended. So what we have to look for is who the Lakers will be trying out (rookies) this summer, if its guys ike Mayo/Love/Beasly then then there is something up. Another thing is that Odom right now has good trade value, and i mean alot especially being in his last year of his BIG contract.
vaheblings

Postby Weezy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:36 pm

The Maverick wrote:L4L proposed this trade in another thread.

I'd love that trade, and if the rumors are true about Larry Brown becoming the Chicago coach, I think he'd do it too.

I also love that trade, Hinrich to me is the ideal Tri PG, he's tall, he can defend and he can shoot. Nocioni would also be a big upgrade from Luke.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby pd23 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:37 pm

This would be a great trade for the Lakers. We get 2 guys that play really good D and are still pretty young.
pd23

Postby Deucetre33 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:37 pm

If there was an opportunity for it, I'd trade him for luol deng in a sign in trade since the Bulls can't seem to come to a deal with him.
Deucetre33

Postby vaheblings on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:38 pm

And i dont think they will trade a package of players with Odom for more players with bigger contracts, its strictly a trade for getting a big talent who is young so not only would they compete now, but also for the next 10 years with Bynum/Farmar and the rookie whoeva it might be.
vaheblings

Postby pd23 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:40 pm

Maybe Mitch calls the Grizz again and works out a deal for their pick and gets Critt back ( I really liked him).
pd23

Postby LO7cK35 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:43 pm

if we win a championship, there is no way odom is going anywhere. otherwise of course he may be shopped we already knew this from the whole contract extension thing.
LO7cK35

Postby Lakowabysm on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:46 pm

That actually sounds like a good idea. It will give us a better chance to re-sign sasha and ronny plus a young talent. kind of like how we relieved some cap space by trading vlade for kobe and therefore signing shaq. i just don't see LO fitting in as a SF, but he is a good PF.
Lakowabysm

Postby Jordan-esque on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:47 pm

vaheblings wrote:I can't tell you where i herd it from, but i could tell you that the Lakers will trade Lamar Odom this summer, regardless if we win a title or not. Take it how you wanna take it, but from what i herd is that he will be packaged to a team with his 14million expiring contract for a high draft pick. Now that's all i was told from a legit source who i met last night. It would be like the Ray Allen trade to Boston for Green. Now if you look at it the teams who will have high draft picks this year is:

Heat
Clippers
Sonics
Grizzles
Bobcats
Bucks
Knicks

I don't see why ALL those teams above would mortgage their team's future for a 29 year old 3rd fiddle despite his $14 million expiring contract.

Unless those teams WANT to win NOW... it just doesn't make sense.

The Heat probably may have interest to partner Odom back with Wade, but they're in no way trading their Top pick.

:hungry:
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby KobeNo1 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:47 pm

pd23 wrote:Maybe Mitch calls the Grizz again and works out a deal for their pick and gets Critt back ( I really liked him).

Rudy Gay and J-Critt for LO, Farmar and Luke

Do it Mitch!
Last edited by KobeNo1 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KobeNo1

Postby vaheblings on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:47 pm

LO7cK35 wrote:if we win a championship, there is no way odom is going anywhere. otherwise of course he may be shopped we already knew this from the whole contract extension thing.

From the things ive herd even if we win he aint getting that extension, they dont wanna commit to so much players for so long, they already are stuck with: Radmanovic/Walton for another 3-4 years, then they got Kobe 2 deal with, then Gasol has another 3 years left and then Bynum has to get extended. Then we gotta re-sign Sasha/Turiaf and worry about Farmar in a year or 2
vaheblings

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:49 pm

It gonna be Odom to the grizzlies for Miller and the high pick.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby vaheblings on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Punk-101 wrote:It gonna be Odom to the grizzlies for Miller and the high pick.

That sounds pretty good, but another thing that could happen is the Blazers dont want another rookie, they need someone whos a Vet, maybe Odom for there top pick? Which could be 5-14? That would give them a good team.

Oden
Odom
Webster
Roy
Jack
vaheblings

Postby Weezy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Punk-101 wrote:It gonna be Odom to the grizzlies for Miller and the high pick.

I'd love that trade as well. We'd have a deadly shooter and a good defender at the 3. Fish/Kobe/Miller/Gasol/Bynum.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LO7cK35 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:54 pm

vaheblings wrote:
LO7cK35 wrote:if we win a championship, there is no way odom is going anywhere. otherwise of course he may be shopped we already knew this from the whole contract extension thing.

From the things ive herd even if we win he aint getting that extension, they dont wanna commit to so much players for so long, they already are stuck with: Radmanovic/Walton for another 3-4 years, then they got Kobe 2 deal with, then Gasol has another 3 years left and then Bynum has to get extended. Then we gotta re-sign Sasha/Turiaf and worry about Farmar in a year or 2

Maybe that is what you heard but at the end of the day its all about winning championships. if playoffs come around and it turns out odom with bynum and gasol works great and we go all the way then i guarantee they will change there state of mind and will do whatever they can to keep that core together.

maybe they will ask him to take a paycut but i just can't see them telling odom to pack his bags if he becomes a huge contributor to us going all the way.
LO7cK35

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Weezy wrote:

I also love that trade, Hinrich to me is the ideal Tri PG, he's tall, he can defend and he can shoot. Nocioni would also be a big upgrade from Luke.

Awesome trade if it comes into fruition. Nocioni is a tough SF that can knock down jumpers and even attack a bit. Hinrich is steady defensive pg who also has a great jumper.

Drew
Pau
Nocioni
Kobe
Hinrich

Love that lineup.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby dvdrdiscs on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Most of the teams listed are in rebuilding mode. Why would they rebuild around a Lamar Odom? The only chances of Lamar being traded for picks is maybe a pick in the low lottery like 8-9-10ish. Or maybe a 50+ win team on the west that doesn't make the playoffs and doesn't want to rebuild. They can definately be interested in renting Lamar for a year to see if he tips them over.
dvdrdiscs

Postby Jordan-esque on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Jordan-esque wrote:
vaheblings wrote:I can't tell you where i herd it from, but i could tell you that the Lakers will trade Lamar Odom this summer, regardless if we win a title or not. Take it how you wanna take it, but from what i herd is that he will be packaged to a team with his 14million expiring contract for a high draft pick. Now that's all i was told from a legit source who i met last night. It would be like the Ray Allen trade to Boston for Green. Now if you look at it the teams who will have high draft picks this year is:

Heat
Clippers
Sonics
Grizzles
Bobcats
Bucks
Knicks

I don't see why ALL those teams above would mortgage their team's future for a 29 year old 3rd fiddle despite his $14 million expiring contract.

Unless those teams WANT to win NOW... it just doesn't make sense.

The Heat probably may have interest to partner Odom back with Wade, but they're in no way trading their Top pick.

:hungry:

P.S.
On another note... isn't it STILL a bit TOO EARLY for this Laker Insider to be saying Lamar will be traded no matter what, especially since Lamar, Pau, and Andrew haven't gotten a chance to play together yet?

Pretty pre-mature and unprofessional to be saying stuff like that.

And pretty harsh of the Lakers if this is true.

:man5:
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby pd23 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:59 pm

dvdrdiscs wrote:Most of the teams listed are in rebuilding mode. Why would they rebuild around a Lamar Odom? The only chances of Lamar being traded for picks is maybe a pick in the low lottery like 8-9-10ish. Or maybe a 50+ win team on the west that doesn't make the playoffs and doesn't want to rebuild. They can definately be interested in renting Lamar for a year to see if he tips them over.
I can see the Heat doing it if they dont get in the top 3.
pd23

Postby vaheblings on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:01 pm

By the way here some possible players who could be headed to the NBA draft this summer:

Michael Beasley Kansas St.
Brook Lopez Stanford
Kevin Love UCLA
Russell Westbrook UCLA
D.J. Augustin Texas
Darren Collison UCLA
D.J. White Indiana
Ryan Anderson California
A.J. Price Connecticut
Davon Jefferson USC
Chris Douglas-Roberts Memphis
Derrick Rose Memphis
Jamar Butler Ohio St.
Eric Gordon Indiana
O.J. Mayo USC
Shan Foster Vanderbilt
Jerryd Bayless Arizona
Dionte Christmas Temple
Gary Forbes Massachusetts
Marcelus Kemp Nevada
Sean Singletary Virginia
Jon Brockman Washington
vaheblings

Postby joshua1516 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Why should we trade odom. He can do so many things that other players cannot. Rebounding, fast breaks, passing, and size. You lose a lot if you trade him.
joshua1516

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors