Trading up with Bobcats for #5 and #13

Re: Trading up with Bobcats for #5 and #13

Postby lakers8kobe on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:40 pm

Is Caron Butler and #10 bad than Bobcats #5 and #13?
No,this year's drafs are not very good![/b]
lakers8kobe

Postby DMK on Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:17 am

I think using caron for a trade involving an already established NBA player would be better suited...

But then again, the more picks the higher percentage of success in picking the right one i suppose

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

i gotta question!

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:19 am

with no offense to anyone but where did this rumor come from cuzz im getting worked up about it knowing that we may have a chance at two first round draft picks!! is it in the works, is it a suggestion or is it something like that impossible Kevin Garnett rumor!?! :man3:
LOUIE04

Re: i gotta question!

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:03 am

LOUIE04 wrote:with no offense to anyone but where did this rumor come from cuzz im getting worked up about it knowing that we may have a chance at two first round draft picks!! is it in the works, is it a suggestion or is it something like that impossible Kevin Garnett rumor!?! :man3:

It was announced a rumor on xtrasports am570 a few days ago.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:55 pm

I am sold on this trade IF..... Charlotte will give up # 5 and #13 for Caron Butler alone. IF they agreed to this, I would pull the trigger. Butler and the 10th is way too much to give up.

We would then have three picks in the lottery :jam2:

#5- Gerald Green or Chris Paul or Deron Williams(in that order)
#10-Fran Vasquez
#13- Andrew Bynum

:man4:
LakersCourt

Postby maddprophet on Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:29 pm

no way we get that for caron alone. but we have 23 million in expiring contacts. if we do this and draft young players to build, can't we move some more of those expiring contracts for worthy, capable vets, if not a solid starter in there? pj brown, dale davis, and plenty more i'm not naming. we may be able to afford giving up caron and #10 for 5 & 13 if we truly believe in the players we'd hope to get there. I'm not sure i do, but if you do, then pull the trigger. there's other moves to be made. and don't sleep. slava can function well off the bench in phil's triangle, a nice scoring punch off the bench. him or cook, but the other or both are dispensible and servicable. options....
Spark the ism, my expertism, is lyricism, my flow will take you over, like I was hypnotism..so where's the lighter....
maddprophet

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:57 pm

I just think the 5th isn't that great...here's why

1) Andrew Bogut
2) marvin Williams
3) Gerald Green
4) Chris Paul

See what I mean, your essentially trading a very good small forward for Williams, who doesn't really impress me. However if Green or Paul are avilable at #5 I pull this deal with no hesitation.
LakersCourt

Postby LakersCourt on Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:34 pm

If the Lakers can pull it off WITHOUT giving up #10, then I'm all for it. Maybe expiring contracts, both second round picks, if they did that, they would have 3 Lottery Picks this year!!!!! :jam2:

That would be worth it. Giving up Caron and #10....NO WAY!!!!!

Caron, expiring contracts and both seconds.....YES!!!!!
LakersCourt

Postby High IQ on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:14 pm

LakersCourt wrote:If the Lakers can pull it off WITHOUT giving up #10, then I'm all for it. Maybe expiring contracts, both second round picks, if they did that, they would have 3 Lottery Picks this year!!!!! :jam2:

That would be worth it. Giving up Caron and #10....NO WAY!!!!!

Caron, expiring contracts and both seconds.....YES!!!!!

no way both 2nd.... maybe 1 of them, but not both :nono5:
High IQ

Postby Savage1 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:10 pm

I doubt Charlotte would really want any expiring contracts...it's not like they're over the cap. The only reason that they might need them is that they need to meet the minimum salary for a 2nd year expansion franchise. Not to mention they only have like 4 players under contract for next year, so they will have make some signings that could get them to that minimum.

As far as the 2nd round picks...if we were to do this deal and end up with #'s 5, 13, 17(possibly???) and then the two 2nd rounders...there's no way that those players are all going to make the roster unless we clear out a few more players.
Savage1

Caron

Postby Sirron on Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:24 pm

Thank you Caron for spreading your wings at the end of the year. Nice talent, but too much like Kobe. It was nice having a legit second scorer, but where do you play him?

Lamar is a better distributor, and better rebounder, and he is really a 3. If trading Caron will allow us to fill some big holes you've got to do it. Hate to see him go, but by doing so, we use one of our most marketable assets to get what we really need. Some big men and a future star pg. :shaq:
Last edited by Sirron on Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:12 pm

I would trade Butler and #10 plus what they want (NOT Kobe, Mihm, Lamar) for that trade.
First I didn´t want that trade but having a shot at getting 2 nice guys for a 10th pick and Butler + lets say Sasha or Cook would be great for us.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Smallz on Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:56 pm

honestly id rather use butler to get boozer if thats at all possible.
Smallz

Postby LakersCourt on Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:20 pm

Forget that, I'd rather have the #4 pick, select Chris Paul use the #10 pick select Ike Diogu and use with the #17 pick through the Bender trade acquire Andrew Bynum. :jam2:
LakersCourt

Postby eNlight on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:52 pm

would they do a caron for okafor?
eNlight

Postby remixed on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:55 pm

eNlight wrote:would they do a caron for okafor?

They wouldn't even trade Lamar for Okafor. Okafor has franchise player written all over him.
remixed

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:39 am

eNlight wrote:would they do a caron for okafor?

What?

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Smallz on Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:27 am

i assumed the dude was joking...maybe not though.
Smallz

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:02 pm

Smallz wrote:i assumed the dude was joking...maybe not though.

No he wasn´t but he doesn´t know much about NBA so its cool with me. He will learn here :jam2: like anybody else.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby eNlight on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:29 pm

wow. gg nubs. of course im joking.
eNlight

Postby trips on Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:18 am

Hi evrbdy, I'm new to the club and I'd like to begin by adressing my opinion on what moves r keepers or not.

Although caron is a player with great upside, he's also r only viable trade piece available. I'd hate to c him go but we really need to if we r serious about improving. We could acquire the likes of Boozer or some other good PF in a trade offer where we send him along with one or two other players. Why do I say a PF? Well r needs r a PF and a 1 guard but being that big men take longer to develope r 10th draft pick should b a PG, and r starting PF should be a vet brought in by trade who can bring some presence under the basket. I don't believe trading caron for draft picks is the right way to go; rookies aren't gonna help this team become a contender again. Rookies r projects and we need to get back on track immeadiately we can't just let Kobe's talents go to waste with a mediocre or extremly young team. :man7:

Lately I've seen a lot of ppl put down Odom, c'mon this is the guy who Larry Brown said was the best player in the olympics; u say he has no heart well guys he had enough heart to agree to play in the olympics while a whole lot of all-stars didn't. Odom just needs proper tutelage and to be played at his natural SF position, this guy is bound to be an all-star. Just think of the player he could become after Kobe takes him under his wing and helps him become an even better player than he already is.

Hopefully we can draft Felton at ten and acquire Bynum (aka. long-term project) via 17 by indiana; having a six year vet like bender and an additional pick is a good way to go for or beloved lakers. I hope Mitch can pull off a good off-season and get this team the help it needs.

Keepers:
Kobe, Odom, Mihm, JJones, Walton :bow:
Last edited by trips on Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
trips

Postby DMK on Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:22 am

trpldblr_8 wrote:Hi evrbdy, I'm new to the club and I'd like to begin by adressing my opinion on what moves r keepers or not.

Although caron is a player with great upside, he's also r only viable trade piece available. I'd hate to c him go but we really need to if we r serious about improving. We could acquire the likes of Boozer or some other good PF in a trade offer where we send him along with one or two other players. Why do I say a PF? Well r needs r a PF and a 1 guard but being that big men take longer to develope r 10th draft pick should b a PG, and r starting PF should be a vet brought in by trade who can bring some presence under the basket. I don't believe trading caron for draft picks is the right way to go; rookies aren't gonna help this team become a contender again. Rookies r projects and we need to get back on track immeadiately we can't just let Kobe's talents go to waste with a mediocre or extremly young team. :man7:

Lately I've seen a lot of ppl put down Odom, c'mon this is the guy who Larry Brown said was the best player in the olympics; u say he has no heart well guys he had enough heart to agree to play in the olympics while a whole lot of all-stars didn't. Odom just needs proper tutelage and to be played at his natural SF position, this guy is bound to be an all-star. Just think of the player he could become after Kobe takes him under his wing and helps him become an even better player than he already is.

Hopefully we can draft Felton at ten and acquire Bynum (aka. long-term project) via 17 by indiana; having a six year vet like bender and an additional pick is a good way to go for or beloved lakers. I hope Mitch can pull off a good off-season and get this team the help it needs.

Keepers:

:bow: Great 1st post man, and welcome to CL...stick around and kick it with us my friend :jam2:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby KB24 on Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:27 am

trpldblr_8 wrote:Hi evrbdy, I'm new to the club and I'd like to begin by adressing my opinion on what moves r keepers or not.

Keepers:

:man4: :man4: Thats a great first post man :bow:
I disagree that Walton is a keeper and that Rookies are always projects. Look what Chicago did with Nocioni, Deng, Duhon. It can work but in general I agree that a proven guy would be a lot better.
Welcome here to CL.
BTW I like your view on Lamar :jam2:

KB24
Site Admin

Walton C'mon!!

Postby LOUIE04 on Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:55 am

WALTON SUCK$$$$$$!!! hE IS GARBAGE!!! :man9:
LOUIE04

Postby trips on Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:18 pm

I stand by my estimation of Luke Walton. :man10:
Luke is the type of player who isn't about stats, for instance Rick Fox was never a statistical player while playing for the Lakers but he took care of the teams dirty work night in night out. Lukes talents would be more noticable in a full court type of offense, but he also can create for other players in a half court offense we all have been witness to that especially the pistons in game 2 of the finals 1 year ago. His game mentallity of "pass first" is the kind needed to benefit our star players offensive prowess. Also Waltons basketball IQ is off the charts, remember guys Phil Jackson likes him and he hasn't won 9 rings for nothing. Plus luke's only coming off of his second year, in the future he should improve in his overall game. His b-ball IQ gives witness to that.

PS. thanks for welcoming me to the CL guys!!!
lookin forward to b-ball talk....
trips

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors