Trading up with Bobcats for #5 and #13

Postby Smallz on Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:41 pm

i agree completely dude. drading caron for just draft picks seems like a waste to me. its obvious what this teams needs: starting calibur pf and pg. with the abundance of early first round pg's in this draft i think its obvious that we need to use our primary trade bait (butler) to trade for an impact pf. boozer seems to be the consensus choice as best pf available.

my dream scenario has us trading for boozer and their #6 pick and taking whichever of the top 3 pgs that drop (felton hopefully, perfectly ok with derron though) but if that doesnt work id be perfectly happy with a caron/boozer swap that didnt include draft picks with the assumption that we would be taking jack early w/ the 10. id be happy with bynum at 17 but id rather have diogu.

the walton issue? i love him but i cant say he'd be a top priority to me assuming the bender deal is a sure thing. jumaine was one of the few things we can look back on last season and be happy about and im perfectly happy with him as our backup 3. add bender to the mix and theres just not much room for luke anymore. he is one of my favorite players though, but i cant say that i hope the lakers resign him when he could be getting solid minutes elsewhere.

im a noob here too guys...glad to be part of the team though. been trolling here for a while and finally decided to start posting.
Smallz

Postby stigmaXXL on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:29 am

the thing about walton, i mean the point in wanting to keep him is beacause in any great team, in any playoff team, u almost always have to be DEEP. have good players who can come fo the bench anc produce, give u that edge and bring some fresh air onto the court for his teammates... honestly its guys like walton that are important... caron is a great player but the more i think about it the better it sounds to me... butler for an impact player and maybe a draft pick switch.. assuming bender happens 17 would be a nice project (maybe euro) pick.

newish two, love the site guys.
stigmaXXL

Postby kofounder8 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:39 pm

hey guys this is my 1st post

i if we can pull off the bender deal it would not only really help the team but it would give the lakers 10 and 17 ala ray felt and hakim warrick i say hakim because off the bench and studing under a "healthy" bender and odom theit would deepin the bench a bunch in a very vertically challanged and deep bench the kid has skills and ray felton lets his actions speak for themselves so i say i hope he sleeps all the way to la la land
"He will never be the next Micheal jordan" but when hes done "there will never be another Kobe Bryant"

SoKaL KoBe wrote:Hey Dirk,

From a team standpoint, Kobe outscored your team 62 to 61 in 3 quarters.
thats just great
kofounder8

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:44 pm

kofounder8 wrote:hey guys this is my 1st post

i if we can pull off the bender deal it would not only really help the team but it would give the lakers 10 and 17 ala ray felt and hakim warrick i say hakim because off the bench and studing under a "healthy" bender and odom theit would deepin the bench a bunch in a very vertically challanged and deep bench the kid has skills and ray felton lets his actions speak for themselves so i say i hope he sleeps all the way to la la land

WELCOME BRO :bow:
Warrick? He is garbage.
@17 watch out for Bynum, Jack, Petro and Blatche.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby TomSeaver on Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:19 pm

I don't see anyway the Bobcats do this. I live in Charlotte and their fans want one of the guys out of the ACC. Paul or Williams. And if they can't trade up they will almost certainly keep those two picks and get two players to build around with Oakefor. I don't think there is anyway they give up both their picks and take Caron Butler and not also get the Lakers number 10 pick with him.
TomSeaver

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors