Trading up with NO for #4

Postby GuRu on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:46 pm

kobe_the_truth wrote:cmon guys y trade butler when u can trade odom ... dont u guys remember that kobe and butler plays good together andodom suck when kobe is in the line up. i rather trade odom and leave butler

:man3:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby kobe_the_truth on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:47 pm

TRADE ODOM FOR boozer bender r kmart
kobe_the_truth

Postby JbOi112 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:48 pm

NO LINK, but here's the exact copy & paste of the part where ESPN INSIDER talks about the trade POSSIBILITY...

NBA Insider: June 2 wrote:Los Angeles Lakers: The Lakers feel they must make a big splash in the draft and have also been trying to move up into the top four. They have several needs. The team loves both Williamses, Bogut, Paul and Green. None of them will be on the board when they select.

Their bait? The 10th pick in the draft and Caron Butler, according to sources. For a team like the Hornets, who need a good starting small forward badly, it might be a deal that makes sense.

and then...
NBA Insider: June 2 wrote:New Orleans Hornets: The Hornets had a lot of interest in Marvin Williams and would move up to get him  offering the No. 4 pick and either Speedy Claxton or David West as compensation. However, if that's impossible, don't be surprised if they move down in the draft. They need a starting small forward and a young backup power forward they can groom to eventually replace P.J. Brown. Where they sit right now, the best prospects on the board are guards.

While Paul or Deron Williams would be an upgrade from what they have, they sound willing to deal. The Raptors could offer the No. 7 and the No. 16 to move up to No. 4. The Lakers have the 10th pick and Caron Butler to dangle. And the Timberwolves might be willing to offer Wally Szczerbiak for the pick. The Hornets are actually one of the few teams that would have the cap room to absorb Szczerbiak's contract.

hope that helps...
..:: J to tha R ::..
RIP Ryan "Franchise" (March 17, 1987 – May 13, 2006) Fight On!
Madd props to hoopskillz for tha sig & avatar!
JbOi112

Postby kobe_the_truth on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:52 pm

u think caron butler andthe10pick is worth giving up for one of those rookies ????
kobe_the_truth

Postby Coville on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:07 pm

I don't know.

I really think we need to get a player back in return, we send them the 10th, mihm, butler and a future 1st for magloire and the 4th.

we select chris paul with the pick (if the hawks select marvin williams)

our line up next year.

chris paul
kobe bryant
jumaine jones
lamar odom
jamal magloire

we figure out power foward problems another time.

or we trade the 4th pick with expiring k's for boozer giving utah the 4th and 6th pick giving them enough leverage to trade up to milwakee for the 1st pick maybe.

our line up

point guard
kobe bryant
lamar odom
carlos boozer
jamal magloire

solid core of boozer-magloire-odom-bryant

there salaries are a total of 57 million for that starting 4, but then we have mle lle veterans min. we ALSO have Brian Grant's Contract so in the future we can him for some solid back ups like what happened in the Chris webber trade.

Utah's line up:

Raja Bell
Kirk Snyder
AK 47
Memhet Okur
Andrew Bogut

New Orleans line up:

Jack Jarret
JR Smith
Caron Butler
Stormile Swift
Chris Mihm

Laker Line up:

MLE/LLE pg
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Carlos Boozer
Jamal Magloire

Not bad, we come out of the deal and might have to throw in some 1st round ehre and there.

But a line up like that is just nasty. Were making the playoffs with homecourt advantage for sure.
Coville

Postby kobe_the_truth on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:29 pm

dont think we will still be a playoff team
kobe_the_truth

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:31 pm

kobe_the_truth wrote:TRADE ODOM FOR boozer bender r kmart

Odom for Bender :man7: It seems like you don´t have much clue of the game.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Butler and 10 for four is too much, but I love

Postby Mailman04 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:19 pm

Billabong's trade. i think the Lakers would get Magloire and then would have pick of Paul or Derron Williams or Felton in that scenario. I think Bucks take Bogut, Hawks take Marvin Williams and not Paul like many think and then Portland takes Gerald Green. That would give us the pick of PGs and I would go with Paul.
C- Magloire
PF- FA
SF- Odom
PG- Paul
SG- Kobe
Then the Lakers could use their FA for PF or if Bender and Indy trade goes thru they might get help at No. 17.
Mailman04

Postby Kob3eight on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:30 pm

All that to get the 4th?

Not worth it.
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby DMK on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:34 pm

Call me crazy, but i HATE the idea of rolling the dice on a draft pick thats not a sure fire producer on the NBA level much like Lebron looked to do.

I still dont understand why the lakers are not going after a veteran PG or atleast someone who has a few years under their belts.

What happend with Knight from the Bobrats? Thought he was a FA or something, wouldnt it make sense to get someone like that instead of banking on some unproven kid to start for us???

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Laker Jam on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:39 pm

BillaBong wrote:
kobe4ever wrote:we should give up da 10,37,39, next year miami first for 4. not caron/
we need him for boozer trade

no we don't.

if we did that trade we would have the 4th pick in the draft and they would have the 6th.

trade them the 4th pick plus expiring contracts (which they would do to get bogut) they can trade up.

giving us boozer for just a pick and some expiring k's.

than we could solve our point guard thru FA or a 2nd round pick like Julius Hodge.

We could have a roster of:

________ pg
kobe bryant sg
lamar odom sf
carlos boozar pf
jamal magloire c

WOW

BLOODY BRILLIANT IDEA! 2 birds with one friggin stone. I LOVE it.
Laker Jam

Postby JSM on Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:02 pm

Magloire would have to be involved for me to even consider the trade.

And as far as the Blazers option that someone mentioned, that won't happen. The Blazers like Green, but feel that he would still be left a couple picks later (5th), the only teams they would trade with would be the Hornets (ideal option for them, who have the 5th and 13th pick) or the Raptors (another more likely option, they have the 7th and 16th pick). If Green is gone, they could take Wright, who is having amazing workouts.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Laker Jam on Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:29 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Magloire would have to be involved for me to even consider the trade.

And as far as the Blazers option that someone mentioned, that won't happen. The Blazers like Green, but feel that he would still be left a couple picks later (5th), the only teams they would trade with would be the Hornets (ideal option for them, who have the 5th and 13th pick) or the Raptors (another more likely option, they have the 7th and 16th pick). If Green is gone, they could take Wright, who is having amazing workouts.

The Blazers are not at all confident Green would still be there at 5. I can see them taking someone else, but HE'S the one they really want. They'd likely consider a trade, if we were willing to take on one of their bad contracts. What has been rumored is that Portland is offering their #3 pick and Van Exel's non-guaranteed contract (for instant cap relief) in trade. That means they're perfectly will to trade that pick and they clearly are thinking impact player.
Laker Jam

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:57 pm

Am 570 said it was butler and our 10 for the Hornets 5 and 13
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby KB24 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:22 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:Am 570 said it was butler and our 10 for the Hornets 5 and 13

Butler and 10 >>> 5 and 13
I hope you guys are aware
Bogut, Marvin, Paul, Green and the slow motion version of ET---> Deron :mad1: I don´t want him but maybe Phil has fallen in love with a slow guard as usuall.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby indy_dave00 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:35 am

Caron Butler alone is not worth the #4 pick at draft time. Tho Caron Butler is a good player in 3 seasons he's settled in as a 15 ppg scorer. He himself was a #10 pick.

At draft time top 10 picks become over valued. Thus Caron and # 10 to move up to #4 sounds about right in the nba trade market.

As for Caron and 10 for 5 and 13 , I don't see that happening. You probably could get #13 for Caron.

Very high draft picks become gold at draft time.
indy_dave00

Postby KB24 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:37 am

indy_dave00 wrote:Caron Butler alone is not worth the #4 pick at draft time. Tho Caron Butler is a good player in 3 seasons he's settled in as a 15 ppg scorer. He himself was a #10 pick.

At draft time top 10 picks become over valued. Thus Caron and # 10 to move up to #4 sounds about right in the nba trade market.

As for Caron and 10 for 5 and 13 , I don't see that happening. You probably could get #13 for Caron.
Very high draft picks become gold at draft time.

Are you kidding? Caron for 13th? I´m not a Butler fan at all but thats nutz.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby purplengoldjonez on Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:52 pm

Okki wrote:we shouldnt give up caron AND the 10th

I agree. Caron and 10 is steep. i would give Caron and both 2nd rpund picks for the 4th pick. i think we are getting the short end of the stick by only getting the pick. I say we do this

Caron, the 10th and the 2 second round picks for Magloire and their 4th.
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

now

Postby wavy on Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:55 pm

imediatly. make the deal imediatly.
caron, 10 and 2nd rounders for megloir and 4th is great.
mitch do me a fovor do the deal now imediatly.[color=brown][/color][size=18][/size] :bow: :jam2:
wavy

Postby LakersCourt on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:22 pm

I too would love that deal, but I just don't see it realistically happening. Giving up Caron and just our 2 early second round picks for Magloire and the #4? Caron and both our seconds for the #4!!!! We then keep our pick at #10

Lakers draft

#4- Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Gerald Green(1 of which is guaranteed to be on the board)

#10- Power Forward- Lakers can get a real nice Frontcort player to compliment Chris Mihm.

Lakers Lineup

PG- Chris Paul(I love this kid) or Deron Williams(perfect for the Triangle)
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lamar Odom
PF- Fran Vasquez in a perfect world...Chris Taft realistically
C- Chris Mihm

Coach: Phil Jackson

That's a damn impressive starting 5 :man4:
LakersCourt

Postby purplengoldjonez on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:18 pm

LakersCourt wrote:I too would love that deal, but I just don't see it realistically happening. Giving up Caron and just our 2 early second round picks for Magloire and the #4? Caron and both our seconds for the #4!!!! We then keep our pick at #10

Lakers draft

#4- Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Gerald Green(1 of which is guaranteed to be on the board)

#10- Power Forward- Lakers can get a real nice Frontcort player to compliment Chris Mihm.

Lakers Lineup

PG- Chris Paul(I love this kid) or Deron Williams(perfect for the Triangle)
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lamar Odom
PF- Fran Vasquez in a perfect world...Chris Taft realistically
C- Chris Mihm

Coach: Phil Jackson

That's a damn impressive starting 5 :man4:

We would have to give up Butler,the 10th, and both seconds. We would get the 4th and Magloire in return. Since we appear to be getting the 17th pick from indiana we could look like this. This is not an actual rumor, but something i would like to see instead of the proposed rumor.

C- Magloire
Pf- Bynum or May (17th Pick)
SF Odom
SG Kobe
PG Williams/Felton 4th pick

not a bad young starting 5.
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:28 pm

if the lakers are looking at SFs such as marvin williams and gerald green, does that mean they are gona send odom packing too? or do tehy plan to move him up to PF?

what do you ppl think
shaqpak34

Postby borri on Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:04 am

shaqpak34 wrote:if the lakers are looking at SFs such as marvin williams and gerald green, does that mean they are gona send odom packing too? or do tehy plan to move him up to PF?

what do you ppl think

I think if its more because those 2 have such potential that makes teams say SCREW need, we'll find someway to work around it.......
borri

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:21 am

borri wrote:
shaqpak34 wrote:if the lakers are looking at SFs such as marvin williams and gerald green, does that mean they are gona send odom packing too? or do tehy plan to move him up to PF?

what do you ppl think

I think if its more because those 2 have such potential that makes teams say SCREW need, we'll find someway to work around it.......

damnit i hate the word potential...LO and BUTLER are said to have potential too...

why trade potential for potential?
shaqpak34

Postby LakersCourt on Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:14 am

Because Marvin and Green(especially) have a much bigger upside right now than Caron does.
LakersCourt

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors