Trading up with NO for #4

Trading up with NO for #4

Postby flexxdzl on Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:57 pm

I came across a rumor from the insider info on espn insider info

espn insider or article i just read is that the lakers are in love with paul,green, william and want to move up bad. The talk is a trade with the hornets that would send butler, 10th for there 4th and hope to get either one who falls to them.
flexxdzl

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:02 pm

hmm.. we may be giving up too much but i actually wouldnt mind it.
possible lineups:
paul
kobe
odom
grant/MLE
mihm

MLE
kobe
green
odom
mihm

MLE
kobe
williams
odom
mihm
live and die in LA

Postby Okki on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:18 pm

we shouldnt give up caron AND the 10th
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby flexxdzl on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:21 pm

I don't know I kind of feel funny about trading a producing player and a potential pickfor a potential pick???

I would take magloire and a 4th for caron and the 10th... but we need players
flexxdzl

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:16 pm

if we did this i would much rather take williams or paul. i dont want green, we need someone who can instantly help us. id even take felton or deron williams
live and die in LA

Postby Coville on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:35 pm

i would give them mihm, butler, and the tenth for magloire, and the 4th in a hearbeat

we get a upgrade at center, we get 4th overall which can get us chris paul or felton or whoever drops to 4. probably bogut, marvin williams, or green.

If we do this trade, we should really to go after Chris Paul. worst cast Tony Parker???? I'll take him anyday of the week.

We could have a line up of:

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Jumaine Jones
Lamar Odom
Jamal Magloire

We just need to sign a bench and get a power foward. This could be acheived by PICKING good 2nd round picks OR using Brain Grant's contract in 07 to trade for somebody big.

But I think we could probably get away having a Odom/Magloire front court cuz Magloire is farely good and I think Odom could hold his own he just needs a good center next to him.

But I like the sound of this.
Coville

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:48 pm

BillaBong wrote:i would give them mihm, butler, and the tenth for magloire, and the 4th in a hearbeat

we get a upgrade at center, we get 4th overall which can get us chris paul or felton or whoever drops to 4. probably bogut, marvin williams, or green.

If we do this trade, we should really to go after Chris Paul. worst cast Tony Parker???? I'll take him anyday of the week.

We could have a line up of:

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Jumaine Jones
Lamar Odom
Jamal Magloire

We just need to sign a bench and get a power foward. This could be acheived by PICKING good 2nd round picks OR using Brain Grant's contract in 07 to trade for somebody big.

But I think we could probably get away having a Odom/Magloire front court cuz Magloire is farely good and I think Odom could hold his own he just needs a good center next to him.

But I like the sound of this.

thats a good idea. maybe we could sign raja bell and kinda have a 3 guard lineup
live and die in LA

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:57 pm

GIVING UP BUTLER IS A LITTLE TOO PRICY FOR MY LIKING
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby flexxdzl on Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:24 pm

i would give them mihm, butler, and the tenth for magloire, and the 4th in a hearbeat

The Mihm part is too much for mags ( who is injury prone ) caron is worth the 4 th pick alone at least they know what they are getting... a proven player That is young and healthy...and can play now !
flexxdzl

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:44 pm

If we could get Deron Williams, that would be sick, although butler is up and coming, It would be a gamble.
For those saying we need a defensive point guard, I say pick him up with a second rounder. (miles, greene, basden)

Deron is the ultimate team player, and imo won't clash (ego-wise) with Kobe.
I know most people don't want Deron because of his chubby appearance, but he is trimming down at 6'3 200lbs, if he can work on his speed, I see the closest PG to J. Kidd.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby kobe4ever on Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:26 pm

we should give up da 10,37,39, next year miami first for 4. not caron/
we need him for boozer trade
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby Coville on Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:33 pm

kobe4ever wrote:we should give up da 10,37,39, next year miami first for 4. not caron/
we need him for boozer trade

no we don't.

if we did that trade we would have the 4th pick in the draft and they would have the 6th.

trade them the 4th pick plus expiring contracts (which they would do to get bogut) they can trade up.

giving us boozer for just a pick and some expiring k's.

than we could solve our point guard thru FA or a 2nd round pick like Julius Hodge.

We could have a roster of:

________ pg
kobe bryant sg
lamar odom sf
carlos boozar pf
jamal magloire c

WOW
Coville

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:03 pm

depends whos included with the 4th pick in the deal. Atleast has to include one of the following(in order of prefrence): Magliore, Pj Brown or Anderson.

Divac(buyout) + Butler + 10th
for
4th + plus one above.
MarkMadsen

Postby Hye4Life on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:04 pm

The report I read had the lakers wanting someone in the top 4. On the realgm portland trailblazers board they had a statement from John Nash stating that there is a good possibility of trading the pick. Portland is looking for a shooting guard and Caron can play that. So how about something like this on draft night......

Butler, Grant, #10 pick for Ratliff, Patterson, and #3 pick.

We greatly improve our team with that trade. Possible line-ups

Paul/Sasha
Kobe
Patterson/Jones
Odom/Bender(if the deal goes down)/Blatche
Ratliff/Mihm

You still have MLE to use.
Or

MLE/Sasha
Kobe
Patterson/Williams/Jones
Odom/Bender/Blatche
Ratliff/Mihm

Or

MLE/Sasha
Kobe
Green/Patterson/Jones
Odom/Bender/Blatche
Ratliff/Mihm

That would be beneficial to both teams. Portland would get rid of Ratliff's contract for a shorter contract in Grant's. Lakers would get a starting center and a good defensive small forward who the Blazers don't want. I think that Butler's potential is soo great and even if he stays the same it would be good, that is why the Portland would be doing this. They wouldn't have to wait for Green or Williams to develop. The scary thing about that conversation that John Nash had was that he said that he was trying to trade Van Exel and the pick( I hope the Lakers wouldn't get him because he is going to retire after next season anyway).
Hye4Life

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:09 pm

If they need a 2 guard, Portland could just draft Green. Has way more upside than Butler.

Green + Ratliff + Patterson looks better than Butler + Grant + whoever
MarkMadsen

Postby Hye4Life on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:15 pm

You're forgetting that Grants contract is shorter than Ratliff's. They don't even need Ratliff anymore since they think their future is Pryzbilla. Also, Patterson has wanted out since the end of the season. Grant is also from the old Blazer team. Caron can play the shooting guard way better than Green can right now. Also Caron still has potential to be something good in this league if he isn't already. So they get financial flexibility with Grant, a young star in Caron, and still get a lottery pick who can help them.

This is the Link from when John Nash spoke on the Jim Rome show I believe
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=377666
Hye4Life

Postby Coville on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:54 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:depends whos included with the 4th pick in the deal. Atleast has to include one of the following(in order of prefrence): Magliore, Pj Brown or Anderson.

Divac(buyout) + Butler + 10th
for
4th + plus one above.

You wouldn't trade Basically Mihm, Butler, 10th for Boozer and Magloire??

That is like getting a front court solid for the next 7 years.

A Core of Bryant, Odom, Boozer, and Magloire is incredibly solid.
Coville

Re: BSPN-ING

Postby Alleyhoops on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:59 pm

flexxdzl wrote:I came across a rumor from the insider info on espn insider info

espn insider or article i just read is that the lakers are in love with paul,green, william and want to move up bad. The talk is a trade with the hornets that would send butler, 10th for there 4th and hope to get either one who falls to them.

PLEASE include the link. I'd like to read about that.
Alleyhoops

Re: BSPN-ING

Postby Damian Necronamous on Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:41 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:
flexxdzl wrote:I came across a rumor from the insider info on espn insider info

PLEASE include the link. I'd like to read about that.

It's on ESPN Insider. If you don't have Insider, you can't read it.
Damian Necronamous

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:40 am

Its BSPN :man7: And its thrash. C´mon NOT ONE GM would do that. I wouldn´t give up only Caron RIGHT NOW for the 4th pick. I would trade Caron for Marvin but NOT for Paul or Williams. That idea is horrendous.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby dj vitus on Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:50 am

KB8@CL wrote:Its BSPN :man7: And its thrash. C´mon NOT ONE GM would do that. I wouldn´t give up only Caron RIGHT NOW for the 4th pick. I would trade Caron for Marvin but NOT for Paul or Williams. That idea is horrendous.

If anything, we desperately need to upgrade our point guard position. Kobe and Odom are already capable of playing the wing. If we could trade everyone else and get one of the top two PGs in the draft (Paul or Deron) plus a proven all-star center in Magloire, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes we have to trade good talent for the benefit of the team much like trading away Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel to get pieces to compliment our all-stars. Agree or disagree, it's just my opinion.

(Paul or Deron)/Brown
Kobe/Sasha
JJ/Luke
Odom/Cook/2nd rndr
Magloire/MLE

If Magloire stays healthy and Paul or Deron turns out to be a future all-star PG, then it's back into championship hunt again.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:10 am

KB8@CL wrote:Its BSPN :man7: And its thrash. C´mon NOT ONE GM would do that. I wouldn´t give up only Caron RIGHT NOW for the 4th pick. I would trade Caron for Marvin but NOT for Paul or Williams. That idea is horrendous.

Id trade Caron for the 4th pick straight up. 4th pick will atleast gurantee us one of the following: Paul, Bogut, Green, or M.Williams.
MarkMadsen

???!!!

Postby wavy on Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:11 am

can u guys tell me what BSPN is and please give me a link to that.
wavy

Postby GuRu on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:11 pm

i edited the title so people would know more specifically what the thread was about
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby kobe_the_truth on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:40 pm

cmon guys y trade butler when u can trade odom ... dont u guys remember that kobe and butler plays good together andodom suck when kobe is in the line up. i rather trade odom and leave butler
kobe_the_truth

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors