Vlad, Mihm for Battier, Hayes being discussed??

Vlad, Mihm for Battier, Hayes being discussed??

Postby lakers4life21 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:19 am

Hey, I'm a member on LakersTopbuzz and a very respected member said he heard from many sources that the Lakers and Rockets are discussing a trade including Radmanovic and Mihm for Battier and Hayes. I know since I'm a newbie you probably won't believe me, but here's the link. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/sh ... p?t=303069" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow And here's another site claiming the same thing! http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=861366" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow It could easily be false, but I'm just spreading what I read.
lakers4life21

Re: Vlad, Mihm for Battier, Hayes being discussed??

Postby deal on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:50 am

Humm, Vlade did not play last night...
deal

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:00 pm

There's a thread already on this in Lakers Discussion. It'd be great for LA, and it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Houston... if it goes down great, but I doubt it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pureuncut100 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:19 pm

THis would be a bad trade for the Lakers. If the issue is defense, they are looking at the wrong places. Kobe and FIsher have this turn it on, turn it off mentality. It all starts with those two stopping penetration.
pureuncut100

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:32 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:THis would be a bad trade for the Lakers. If the issue is defense, they are looking at the wrong places. Kobe and FIsher have this turn it on, turn it off mentality. It all starts with those two stopping penetration.

Not blaming you, but I've explained this to a lot of people already : The PG's defensive scheme is to funnel the opposing guards into the Centers, so a lot of what appears to be bad defense is actually just the scheme failing. That's not to say Fish is playing great D, but it looks worse because the defensive scheme isn't working. Kobe's story is a little more about him being lazy defensively. He showed a lot more desire for defense against the Kings last night though.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby fusechris on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Wrap it up Mitch
fusechris

Postby GinoDB on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:18 pm

this sounds like BS to me, no offense

BUT it does make sense on both ends

Rockets desperately need size (Yao tricks you into thinking they don't)

Yao is their only 7 footer, the next tallest is about 6'8 Scola/Hayes

this will give them two 7 footers, Rad would be their second tallest player if you just add him despite being only 6'9-6'10

Mihm will be a backup to Yao, who, if he can get more PT , possibly get back into shape and be better

also they get a shooter with size in Rad which they don't have

and on our end, we get a good hustle player/defender in Hayes, and a great defender in Battier
GinoDB

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 am

if this deal is fake then maybe we should consider gerald wallace. he is on the block. if we can get him and a filler for odom that would be a good trade on both sides.
crazylakerfanforlife

Postby KungFu on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:25 pm

no believing until seeing for me!
KungFu

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:10 am

Would absolutely love this deal..

Hell most of us were willing to give up Odom for Battier until Houston got Artest & we got scared LO would put them over the top. Now he could be had for Vlade? Jump all over it without even thinking twice. Also Chuck Hayes is a great hustle player off the bench.. & would make trading LO alot easier..

Would be an absolute nightmare for the Celtics.. Kobe on Ray Ray & Battier on Pierce? & it's not like it gets any easier when we goto the bench, Sasha getting under Allen's skin while Ariza drives PP nuts..

This almost seems too good to be true so I'm calling BS
LakersN4

Postby jwillboi on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:12 am

this will be great if this happens... i seriously dont like RADMANOVIC....he doesn't play defense!!!!! He shoots the ball impatiently, which makes a lot of field goal attempts.....Mihm is just a cooler off the bench....who does not provide much!
jwillboi

Postby Ludachris on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:24 pm

I was just thinking about a trade that could involve Mihm and Vlad in hopes of improving defense. Mihm isn't a bad player and he has size. Vlad is still a good shooter that would do well somewhere that needs a pure shooter rather than a defender. We could use a defender more than a shooter at that position right now. We could really use another one-on-one defender that don't get out of position and blow assignments - our transition defense is hurting. I think Battier would fit that role nicely, not to mention he's not a bad outside shooter. Remember guys, we don't need a superstar, just a good role player, and Vlade hasn't been consistent - hell, Luke stepped in and has had more of an impact as a passer.

I really think a trade will happen at some point and I think Vlade, Mihm, and any of the first year guys will be involved. Unfortunately, I also think Ariza might be involved due to him being in the final year of his contract, and I'm not sure the Lakers will spend the money on him. Hope I'm wrong on that though.
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Ludachris wrote:I was just thinking about a trade that could involve Mihm and Vlad in hopes of improving defense. Mihm isn't a bad player and he has size. Vlad is still a good shooter that would do well somewhere that needs a pure shooter rather than a defender. We could use a defender more than a shooter at that position right now. We could really use another one-on-one defender that don't get out of position and blow assignments - our transition defense is hurting. I think Battier would fit that role nicely, not to mention he's not a bad outside shooter. Remember guys, we don't need a superstar, just a good role player, and Vlade hasn't been consistent - hell, Luke stepped in and has had more of an impact as a passer.

I really think a trade will happen at some point and I think Vlade, Mihm, and any of the first year guys will be involved. Unfortunately, I also think Ariza might be involved due to him being in the final year of his contract, and I'm not sure the Lakers will spend the money on him. Hope I'm wrong on that though.

Buss let go of his testicles before he lets go of Ariza.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Sourced Rumors