Wizards trying to trade for Caron Butler

Postby KB24 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:18 am

^I was too and I would do that deal 10 out of 10 times given the circumstances...

we got KILLED on D that year and with Christina Mihm we had nothing inside...it was a necessity to get an athletic and strong big...

too bad Kwame didn't progress but he absolutely REGRESSSED.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby borri on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:28 am

KB24@CL wrote:^I was too and I would do that deal 10 out of 10 times given the circumstances...

we got KILLED on D that year and with Christina Mihm we had nothing inside...it was a necessity to get an athletic and strong big...

too bad Kwame didn't progress but he absolutely REGRESSSED.

LOL when i said i was right, i really meant it. I HATED THAT TRADE back then.
borri

Postby Darth Bynumite on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:34 am

borri wrote:
ChrisA wrote:Could this be THE worst trade ever made?

Nah. It's up there. I recall one, Vlade Divac for Kobe Bean Bryant. :bow:

LOL i went to the archives and checked what I thought of this trade......I was right after all!!!!!! :mhihi:

Me too, although I wasn't posting on this messageboard back then (I posted on a different Basketball messageboard).

I was insanse when I heard about this trade, I was a big Caron Butler fan and I thought a Bryant/Butler duo was going to be unstoppable if it was given a couple of years to develop. Stupid trade.
Darth Bynumite

Postby borri on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:45 am

ChrisA wrote:
borri wrote:
ChrisA wrote:Could this be THE worst trade ever made?

Nah. It's up there. I recall one, Vlade Divac for Kobe Bean Bryant. :bow:

LOL i went to the archives and checked what I thought of this trade......I was right after all!!!!!! :mhihi:

Me too, although I wasn't posting on this messageboard back then (I posted on a different Basketball messageboard).

I was insanse when I heard about this trade, I was a big Caron Butler fan and I thought a Bryant/Butler duo was going to be unstoppable if it was given a couple of years to develop. Stupid trade.

From reading what I posted back then, I liked Butler because he worked hard to get better. I respect that alot about a player. Caron works hard, look at where he is now compared to back then. Look at Farmar, Bynum. Now look at the fools who don't work hard and where it got them....prime examples, Kwame and Odumb.

However, I wasn't opposed to the idea of getting a big for one of our 10 SF's back then. What i was opposed to was freaking Kwame Brown. I said, if that's all we can get, then screw it, keep Caron and see how he can do for us under PJ.

Mitch got bamboozled. Every GM knew we were desperate to move one of our SF's for a big. We got low-balled and Mitch bit. Caron was out best trading chip back then, not LO cuz of his contract, and all we got for it was Kwame freaking Brown. The warning signs were there, quit on the team during playoffs, MJ called him soft, lacks a good work ethic...........ignored because of the "potential".
borri

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors