Adam Morrison Summer League Performence Thread

Re: Adam Morrison Summer League Performence Thread

Postby DirtySoap on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 am

Why is everyone focused on Ammo getting Luke's minutes? If anyone's role can be replicated off the bench it's Vujacic's, ammo can def do a better job of gunning off the bench and playing erratic defense.
DirtySoap

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:28 pm

^Sasha is a way better defender than Morisson.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby ammofan on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 pm

revgen wrote:^Sasha is a way better defender than Morisson.

I have watched probably every game Morrison has played and honestly, he is not that bad of a defender. Sasha is just faster. They are about the same skill wise. Morrison is also a LEGIT 6'8". Believe me, i have met him.....He is alot bigger than u would expect.
Especially yesterday I see how Adam has tried to improve, and he has, defensively.
ammofan

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:17 pm

^Sasha is 6'7. And he appears to be twice as fast as Ammo despite a 1 inch height differential. Sasha also has a knack for annoying the guy he's guarding. He even annoyed Adam in a practice last season. Now if Adam had some bulk on him, then at least he'd be able to defend the post like Luke or Ron, but he doesn't even have that either.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby SignPippenNow on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:02 pm

revgen wrote:Okay, I watched the July 10th game. Got it from a free source. I'm not paying 15 bucks for this crap.

Ammo played well, but I didn't see anything that gives me complete confidence that it will translate to the NBA. Many of his shots were contested or were scored off the dribble. Is Ammo going to be able to score on contested jumpers or off the dribble against NBA bench players? Maybe, but speed and athleticism aren't exactly Adam's strengths despite his height advantage. I need to see him actually score a lot of points from curls off of screens or pick and pops. These kinds of plays will be the most effective at giving him space against real NBA defenses.

However, his stroke looks good and he looks confident despite having hands in his face. He shot over 50%FG too so that's good. Had a couple blocks, but it's mostly because he's 6'8 and the midgets tried to shoot over him. He hardly jumped on the Derozen block at the end of the game.

How about wide open jump shots when no one is near him that Sasha bricked all season? I will take those. Sasha can't hit the ones with a hand in his face either.
SignPippenNow

Postby pureuncut100 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:09 pm

revgen wrote:Okay, I watched the July 10th game. Got it from a free source. I'm not paying 15 bucks for this crap.

Ammo played well, but I didn't see anything that gives me complete confidence that it will translate to the NBA. Many of his shots were contested or were scored off the dribble. Is Ammo going to be able to score on contested jumpers or off the dribble against NBA bench players? Maybe, but speed and athleticism aren't exactly Adam's strengths despite his height advantage. I need to see him actually score a lot of points from curls off of screens or pick and pops. These kinds of plays will be the most effective at giving him space against real NBA defenses.

However, his stroke looks good and he looks confident despite having hands in his face. He shot over 50%FG too so that's good. Had a couple blocks, but it's mostly because he's 6'8 and the midgets tried to shoot over him. He hardly jumped on the Derozen block at the end of the game.

Because he is a shooter and the 5th option whenever he is on the court, I think his game should translate pretty well to the Lakers. Being a shooter on the Bobcats and being a shooter when you are surrounded by KObe, Odom, Gasol, Artest, Bynum is a big difference. Like you said I guess, can he hit the open shots because that is what I expect him to get if he plays in the regular season. I think the summer league is just a tighter, less free/open game. If Morrison could shoot and play half a$$ defense, he should have a role in the regular season.
pureuncut100

Postby BDG on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:29 pm

Keep this up Ammo. Saw the highlights of the game on ESPNEWS.

Morrison will either become:
a) Shooter off the bench.
b) Useful trade piece.

Either way it's a win for the Lakers.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:48 pm

22 points on 8-16 shooting (4-6 on threes), 4 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals. Lone bad number: 4 TO.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby ammofan on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:55 pm

another good game! MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP! lol
ammofan

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:01 pm

ammofan wrote:another good game! MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP! lol

For his sake, I hope he keeps it up. You're fan. You might want to check out this article I wrote when LA acquired him: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=107008
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:35 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:

Because he is a shooter and the 5th option whenever he is on the court, I think his game should translate pretty well to the Lakers. Being a shooter on the Bobcats and being a shooter when you are surrounded by KObe, Odom, Gasol, Artest, Bynum is a big difference. Like you said I guess, can he hit the open shots because that is what I expect him to get if he plays in the regular season. I think the summer league is just a tighter, less free/open game. If Morrison could shoot and play half a$$ defense, he should have a role in the regular season.

Are you assuming that Ammo is starting? The guy is coming off the bench. He's not going to get a ton of looks off of doubles. He needs to get looks from curls off screens or pick and pops.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:37 pm

07-11-09 vs Cavs.

Ammo had a horrible first half. But the whole game was horrible in the first half, so I won't blame him specifically. 2nd half was cleaner. Did a better job hitting open 3's today going 4-6. Also had some beautiful assists to within the flow of the offense. But he still didn't get enough points off of screens and curls for my liking. Overall, another solid game from him with 22 points on 50% shooting and 4-6 from 3pt range.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:41 pm

BDG wrote:Keep this up Ammo. Saw the highlights of the game on ESPNEWS.

Morrison will either become:
a) Shooter off the bench.
b) Useful trade piece.

Either way it's a win for the Lakers.

Agreed.

Well, I'm pretty much convinced that he's not going to get good screens or picks with this crummer league crew, so we'll have to see that in preseason. His stroke looks good enough, just needs the space to pull them off.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby pureuncut100 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:48 pm

revgen wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:

Are you assuming that Ammo is starting? The guy is coming off the bench. He's not going to get a ton of looks off of doubles. He needs to get looks from curls off screens or pick and pops.

Of course I am not implying he is starting. I am saying that if Mitch wants to carry 13 players, Morrison might be the 13th player.
pureuncut100

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:57 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:
revgen wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:

Of course I am not implying he is starting. I am saying that if Mitch wants to carry 13 players, Morrison might be the 13th player.

It's possible that he might be. Then again, if we're going to dump pieces to put ourselves at the 104million dollar payroll, then shipping out Morrison and Farmar are going to be priorities since they hold more value than Luke or Sasha.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013