BDG Exclusive: Interview with Smush Parker

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:41 pm

^^^ :man10: :bow: :man10: :bow: :man10:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Milton Enjoys Scrabble on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:30 pm

He's already scared about Farmar and his upcomming 1.7 minutes per game his rookie season. Yeah Smush, real tough.
Milton Enjoys Scrabble

Postby KB24 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:54 pm

Lakerman91 wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Lakerman91 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
BDG wrote:
Lakerman91 wrote:BDG, no questions about defense? :man2:
Well I asked him what he needed to improve most, figuring he'd mention defense if he felt he needed improvement. Guess not.

On an interesting note, I asked him the same question last year at the end of the SPL and he said "consistency" as well.

maybe he doesn´t know that he sucks defensively.
Yea he does because I've sent him tons of messages on Myspace telling him he does. :man10:

Thanks for the interview BDG. :jam2:

Is that MySpace really him? If so, that's pretty funny cuz he's always posting these stupid bulletins about adding this or that person and they are some of the biggest grammatic abortions I've ever read.
According to the groupie chick that always posts pics and talks about meeting the players it is real. Supposedly she did the HTML on his page. The grammatical errors just add to the feeling of authenticity. We all know Smush isn’t a rocket scientist.
:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Apexed on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:10 pm

great interview
Apexed

Postby dogster on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:47 am

I can't believe people are dissing the interviewer or the interviewee.

Considering the brief time and circumstances, that was a fine and telling interview. He gave Smush ample time to make his case for himself. Sure, he could have asked Smush about defense, etc. But the door was open for Smush to discuss the topic, and he didn't walk through it. For a brief interview, this was good enough.

Smush was, and is, very cool. It was really nice of him to give an interview to a fan. Those of you who are ungracious, impatient, and hostile forget so much about Smush, and you haven't put 2+2 together. So here goes. Smush is very young and inexperienced in the NBA, so don't expect him to be as mature and selfless as older players. Yes, he needs to grow up, like most kids his age. Phil & Co. are masters at helping guys develop maturity, so smile. Smush plays for very little NBA money, so he provides considerable value. Smush has a year under his belt in the Triangle, so he'll be better next year. Keep your expectations realistic and you'll realize how lucky we are to have him.

But here's the part that NONE of you seem to get. You need to read and understand this. Smush was, when interviewed, focused on the offense. It doesn't mean that he isn't thinking about defense. SMUSH'S DEFENSE WILL BE *MUCH* BETTER ONCE HE MASTERS THE OFFENSE. THE MORE AUTOMATIC THE TRIANGLE BECOMES FOR HIM, THE MORE COGNITIVE, ATTENTIONAL, EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL RESOURCES HE'LL BE ABLE TO PUT INTO THE DEFENSE.

Well this is too obvious, so I'll try not to congratulate myself too much. See? I'm being humble.
dogster

Postby killacam on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:54 am

ya give smush time, hell get better. he shouldnt hav been starting last year but thats the GMs fault and he did a good job in the situation he was in. if u can say "give bynum, kwame, and farmar time to develop" then u can say the same about smush
killacam

Postby Frank The Tank on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:22 am

dogster wrote:I can't believe people are dissing the interviewer or the interviewee.

Considering the brief time and circumstances, that was a fine and telling interview. He gave Smush ample time to make his case for himself. Sure, he could have asked Smush about defense, etc. But the door was open for Smush to discuss the topic, and he didn't walk through it. For a brief interview, this was good enough.

Smush was, and is, very cool. It was really nice of him to give an interview to a fan. Those of you who are ungracious, impatient, and hostile forget so much about Smush, and you haven't put 2+2 together. So here goes. Smush is very young and inexperienced in the NBA, so don't expect him to be as mature and selfless as older players. Yes, he needs to grow up, like most kids his age. Phil & Co. are masters at helping guys develop maturity, so smile. Smush plays for very little NBA money, so he provides considerable value. Smush has a year under his belt in the Triangle, so he'll be better next year. Keep your expectations realistic and you'll realize how lucky we are to have him.

But here's the part that NONE of you seem to get. You need to read and understand this. Smush was, when interviewed, focused on the offense. It doesn't mean that he isn't thinking about defense. SMUSH'S DEFENSE WILL BE *MUCH* BETTER ONCE HE MASTERS THE OFFENSE. THE MORE AUTOMATIC THE TRIANGLE BECOMES FOR HIM, THE MORE COGNITIVE, ATTENTIONAL, EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL RESOURCES HE'LL BE ABLE TO PUT INTO THE DEFENSE.

Well this is too obvious, so I'll try not to congratulate myself too much. See? I'm being humble.
Who the hell are you? Nobody is "dissing" the interviewer. BDG is the man around here unlike you. So quit acting like you're somebody because nobody cares.
Frank The Tank

Postby dogster on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:40 pm

Lakerman91 wrote:
dogster wrote:I can't believe people are dissing the interviewer or the interviewee.

Who the hell are you? Nobody is "dissing" the interviewer. BDG is the man around here unlike you. So quit acting like you're somebody because nobody cares.

Lakerman91, you are just shimmering with power. Once the surge of testosterone passes, try reading the post again. Only this time, eat your Wheaties. You seem to have missed something.

Now rather than being distracted by your rage, how about shifting attention back to this thread? I stand by my key points: 1. Excellent interview. 2. Smush is cool and he is maybe the biggest bargain in the NBA. 3. Smush's defense will improve once he masters the offense. That's the simplified version :-)
dogster

Postby banks38 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:33 pm

Great interview, i like his swagger. Like he said it takes time, and i expect him to build on a sold season last year. Thanks again. :jam2: :jam2:
banks38

Postby dogster on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:24 pm

banks38 wrote:Great interview, i like his swagger. Like he said it takes time, and i expect him to build on a sold season last year. Thanks again. :jam2: :jam2:

Exactly.
dogster

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013