BDG's SPL Exclusive: Lakers vs. Grizzlies [7/11/06]

Postby 21_Blessings on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:18 pm

Farmar 21 pts 5 assists :mhihi:

Bynum 24 pts 7 boards 1 block. 8/15 from the line

The Greek center 3/10 and only 9 points. Don't piss off Andrew.
Last edited by 21_Blessings on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21_Blessings

Postby kb the assassin on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:20 pm

but i want to know how he match up against lowry with foot speed
kb the assassin

Postby 21_Blessings on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:21 pm

kb the assasin wrote:but i want to know how he match up against lowry with foot speed

Lowry with an amazing 6 points in 24 minutes. Farmar > Lowry.
21_Blessings

Postby J.C. Smith on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:14/6 isn't hard at all to put up in the SPL if you're supposed to be good. It's encouraging, but if one is going to make a difference in the NBA, he should really be dominating the SPL. I don't mean 30/20 every night, but very close to 20/10 even if you only play 30 minutes if you're a big.

Don't forget your talking about an 18 year old kid who is showing a lot of improvements from last year.
Last edited by J.C. Smith on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J.C. Smith

Postby kb the assassin on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 pm

21_Blessings wrote:
kb the assasin wrote:but i want to know how he match up against lowry with foot speed

i didnt mean by scoring i meant did farmar keep lowry in front of him
kb the assassin

Postby scott121 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:28 pm

[quote="21_Blessings"][quote="kb the assasin"]but i want to know how he match up against lowry with foot speed[/quote]

Lowry with an amazing 6 points in 24 minutes. Farmar > Lowry.[/quote]

GOOD PICK MITCH!!!
scott121

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 pm

21_Blessings wrote:

Based on stats alone, Farmar seemed to outplay Lowry. In fact, Farmar was 6-6 from two pointers, and 1-4 from threes. I think that says a lot about Farmar, since Lowry definitely has that defensive reputation surrounding him. Not to mention--someone held Anthony Roberson down. He has that shooting reputation, but was only 4-13 from the field and 1-6 from threes. I think you've got to give some of that credit to Farmar's defense.

I notice that after bombarding us with 25 points and 12 rebounds in the first game, Lawrence Roberts fell down to earth with 9 points and 5 rebounds this time around. However, he must have passed the "hot" torch to Hakim Warrick, who was cold against us the last game. Warrick had 24 points, 3 steals and 2 blocks.

The Grizzlies' Greek center, Andreas Glyniadakis, had 5 blocks. Since Bynum was 8-11 from the field, I wonder who he had most of those blocks on.

Looking at Laker production, Devin Green had a horrible outing, 1 point, missing all 5 shots and missing 3 of 4 free throws. Wafer was off too, somewhat. Pinnock had an average game, and it seems that Farmar and Bynum only really shined. Marcus Slaughter definitely was solid, with 7 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:31 pm

Lakers Win!

Andrew's free throws were down to 50% this time. He needs to keep working on them. Otherwise it seems like he did a great job.

The stats on the Greek center indicate that Bynum did a helluva job on him.

Unfortunately Pinnock seemed to have an off-game today. Douthit continued to be a rebounder and hustler. Devin Green also had an off-night.

Jordan once again gave his 3rd straight good performance. He's definitely been the most consistant.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby nesli on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:34 pm

From LG:
I thought Farmar was great. I think he'll take Smush's job sooner rather then later. I've been a big Bynum fan, but I 'm concerned. I thought most of his points were on put backs, layups, and dunks. He seems to have a nice touch around the basket, but I thought he was very passive. I don't understand why he seems so passive about positioning and being pushed out of position. Also, I was getting frustrated that he won't take any jump hooks or make agressive moves to the basket if he's 3 or 4 or more feet away from the basket. I never really saw him fighting for position
nesli

Postby la3346 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:48 pm

Bynum had 15 FTs, shot 8-11, had 4 assists. Oh well, can't blame the guy for being ambitious.
la3346

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:52 pm

By the stats and reviews so far on the SPL games, Green and Wafer certainly aren't helping their case for a roster spot. Tonight seems to further point to this idea...

Green: 5 missed shots, 3 missed free throws, 1 point
Wafer: 1 made bucket, 2 TOs, 6 points

Looks like Lakers gave Slaughter a chance to show what he could do by giving him 28 minutes. I'm waiting to hear back from those that were at the game, because a lot of his contributions don't make it on a box score, other than rebounding (7 boards tonight, same as Bynum).

Horvath with 5 TOs, more than anyone else on either team.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:55 pm

la3346 wrote:Bynum had 15 FTs, shot 8-11, had 4 assists. Oh well, can't blame the guy for being ambitious.

Bynum had 1 assist according to the PDF. Slaughter had 4 assists.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:01 pm

J.C. Smith wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:14/6 isn't hard at all to put up in the SPL if you're supposed to be good. It's encouraging, but if one is going to make a difference in the NBA, he should really be dominating the SPL. I don't mean 30/20 every night, but very close to 20/10 even if you only play 30 minutes if you're a big.

Don't forget your talking about an 18 year old kid who is showing a lot of improvements from last year.

You guys need to take a step back, look at what we're talking about. Wafer was successful in the SPL. He did literally nothing in the NBA. Same with Green. Bynum led the team in rebounds last year, averaged something like 10/7.5. This translated into a big, fat zero. I have a very good idea how the stats translate. Bynum's recent performance is encouraging, but "this big, Greek guy" is trash and Bynum is playing 32 minutes per game. It's not as if that's shortchanging him in that department. He won't play much more than that ever in the NBA.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby 81Kobe on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:14 pm

la3346 wrote:Bynum had 15 FTs, shot 8-11, had 4 assists. Oh well, can't blame the guy for being ambitious.

Minutes are important - its the most important aspect and he is not likely to receive many during the season. This is when he will make his most advancement, I suspect.

Not a bad showing for the kid.
81Kobe

Postby scott121 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:17 pm

they should send bynum and kareem to the d league for the first half of the season to polish his game.
scott121

Postby la3346 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:18 pm

Wafer averaged 13, 3 and 2, I wouldn't call that successful. Same with 10, 7.5 in 30 min. 17, 9 and 3 in 27 min? Hell yes it will translate, assuming that he can stay out of foul trouble.
la3346

Postby 21_Blessings on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:26 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

You guys need to take a step back, look at what we're talking about. Wafer was successful in the SPL. He did literally nothing in the NBA. Same with Green. Bynum led the team in rebounds last year, averaged something like 10/7.5. This translated into a big, fat zero. I have a very good idea how the stats translate. Bynum's recent performance is encouraging, but "this big, Greek guy" is trash and Bynum is playing 32 minutes per game. It's not as if that's shortchanging him in that department. He won't play much more than that ever in the NBA.

Big fat zero? Guess stats don't translate when you get 7 minutes every 5 games or so.

Throw Bynum some Mihm minutes, then talk about 'stats not translating'.
21_Blessings

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:50 pm

Good game to watch. Farmar and Bynum played very well.

Report coming soon, including an exclusive interview I got with Smush Parker.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakerMatty on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:58 pm

revgen wrote:Lakers Win!

Andrew's free throws were down to 50% this time. He needs to keep working on them. Otherwise it seems like he did a great job.

The stats on the Greek center indicate that Bynum did a helluva job on him.

Unfortunately Pinnock seemed to have an off-game today. Douthit continued to be a rebounder and hustler. Devin Green also had an off-night.

Jordan once again gave his 3rd straight good performance. He's definitely been the most consistant.

Who cares about Pinnock and Douhit, theres no room for them on the roster anyways.

ANDREWWWWW BYNUMMMMMMMM
and
JORDANNNNNNN FARMARRRRRRRR
are all I care about at this point and time. And they are killing it. These last 2 games they have put up some great #'s and got the wins! This is a great sign for the Lakers. I think they will both get a good amount of minutes this year if they keep it up.

Forget the Pyramid at Giza, The Pyramid at Long Beach is OFF THE HOOK!
Its all about the TEAM
LakerMatty

Postby LUUUKE on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:38 am

BDG wrote:Good game to watch. Farmar and Bynum played very well.

Report coming soon, including an exclusive interview I got with Smush Parker.

i saw u getting that interview with smuuush..
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby dagreatkobe on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:57 am

LakerMatty wrote:
Who cares about Pinnock and Douhit, theres no room for them on the roster anyways.

Who care about Pinnock? the guy is better than 70% of the guards on our roster last season...

Jordan and Andrew are already guaranteed anyways. Pinnock looks like a steal!
dagreatkobe

Postby Runway on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:12 am

I was at the game, all I can say is that the Cow was hilarious. :man9:
Runway

Postby Kob3eight on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:17 am

Runway wrote:I was at the game, all I can say is that the Cow was hilarious. :man9:
You can watch the cow again from another game. :man9:

http://www.vmix.com/viewVideo.php?ID=791981
Song Currently Playing
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby bobyahead on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:22 am

haha that cow was so damn socali! haha. the cow was fun to watch the hole game! AND those spl's girls get in better shape every year!

also, smush made a quick trip to sit next to mitch... maybe asking for a contract extension.

but to the game. marcus douhit is a great passer for a big man. a good rebounder and he has a weird release. he is getting his defense back up there.

devin green - everytime i look he was gaurding warrick. if it wasn't warrick i was a pf. that was stange, but he did make a lot of mistakes.

wafer - i was disapointed. nothing like the wafer from last year.

farmar - as good as advertised

bynum - still gets pushed around by smaller guys, but he has stronger hands now. he didn't drop one pass.

but all in all it was a good game to watch.
bobyahead

Postby A Rush on Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:23 am

I've been a big Bynum fan, but I 'm concerned. I thought most of his points were on put backs, layups, and dunks.

LOL It sucks when your center only scores 20+ points on putbacks, layups and dunks. Andrew should try some 15-footers and even venture beyond the three point line to impress. Perhaps someone should tell him you get 4 points for that.
A Rush

PreviousNext

Return to Summer League 2013