I wonder how George feels about this.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:07 am

t3h ir0ny
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:09 am

well with Farmar and J-Crit chances of him making the roster are close to zero especially given the health issues.

But should one get traded...who knows...I still say his chances are infinitesimal .

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Tank on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:31 am

KB8@CL wrote:well with Farmar and J-Crit chances of him making the roster are close to zero especially given the health issues.

But should one get traded...who knows...I still say his chances are infinitesimal .

Since the draft I've been hoping we could use Farmar to strengthen our offer for KG or JO. That would allow us to sign the Greek dude for the MLE. It would be nice to have him as an older veteran presence while Critt develops.
Frank The Tank

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:02 am

Lakerman91 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:well with Farmar and J-Crit chances of him making the roster are close to zero especially given the health issues.

Since the draft I've been hoping we could use Farmar to strengthen our offer for KG or JO. That would allow us to sign the Greek dude for the MLE. It would be nice to have him as an older veteran presence while Critt develops.

ya if I had to choose, I take Javaris over Farmar...Javaris has a much higher ceiling...

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Critical Beatdown on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:10 am

Honestly, I haven't seen Javaris do jack, and I've looked at a lot of his film, was not impressed.

I've seen Jordan Farmar put his team on his back and carry them to the Final Four, even when down 20+ points.

I've seen Jordan Farmar come in as a rookie and shoot better from the perimeter in terms of true shooting percentage than Kobe Bryant (and 3rd best on the team behind only Cook and Sasha), even though everyone said that was his biggest weakness.

I'm not saying Javaris won't be something, but I know Jordan Farmar will be, and I know Jordan Farmar has enough pride to keep busting his butt working on his game and weaknesses that he will be a star in this league.

In my book, it's clear Jordan Farmar is the guy we need on this team, a guy who has proven himself a winner, and Javaris is just potential right now. There's no way in hell I'd rationalize trading Farmar because we have Javaris.

There are legit reasons to include Farmar in various blockbuster trades, but the presence of Javaris Crittenton really isn't one of them, and I'd easily choose Farmar over Crittenton right now.
...as I enter your mind, decorate and paint my sign...LA Lakers will be 2008-09 NBA Champions!
Critical Beatdown

Postby Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:21 am

Honestly, after the Smush Parker experiment, I don't think I can stomach another summer league signing ever again. And while there have been steals in the 2nd round, historically, there have been absolutely no steals that came from the summer league. Honestly, I don't know what summer league is good for, save for getting our rookies some practice.
Lakers8899

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:23 am

Lakers8899 wrote:Honestly, after the Smush Parker experiment, I don't think I can stomach another summer league signing ever again. And while there have been steals in the 2nd round, historically, there have been absolutely no steals that came from the summer league. Honestly, I don't know what summer league is good for, save for getting our rookies some practice.

Ben Wallace...Bruce Bowen....and I´m sure there are also a lot of other undrafted players that were discovered in the SPL...

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:41 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:t3h ir0ny
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Abnormal on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:55 am

I hope he makes it

I had him on my Vegas Squad already after hearing about his battle with health issue, he is fighter.

C-Bynum/Kyle Visser/Darryl Watkins/
PF- Mustafa Shakur/Ekene Ibekwe/Coleman Collins
SF-Avis Wyatt/Quinton Hosley/Curtis Sumpter/
2g-Ron Lewis/ Jeremy Hunt/Coby Karl
Pg-Farmar/Javaris/ Zabian Dowdell
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed ... MJ#23

www.Bestqualityinsurance.com

Bynum/Mihm/DJ
Pau/Ronnie/Vlad
Lo/Ariza/luke
Kobe/Karl
Sasha/Fisher/Farmar
Abnormal

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:45 am

CB, I'm fairly high on Farmar, but I think you're overestimating his skeeillz.

Looking at their Frosh seasons:

JC / JF
MPG 31.3 / 34.4
PPG 14.4 / 13.2
APG 5.8 / 5.3
RPG 3.7 / 3.5
SPG 2.0 / 1.4
Ast/to 1.49 / 1.36
FG% 45.0 / 41.1
3pt% 35.6 / 33.3
FT% 78.3 / 80.1
-And that Bruins team went 30-6, had three other players drafted. Afflalo was a first rounder, Hollins was a 2nd rounder, and Farmar, a 1st rounder. Georgia Tech had two picks, both first rounders.

JC vs. Farmar's best numbers over two seasons:
MPG 31.3 / 34.4
PPG 14.4 / 13.5
APG 5.8 / 5.3
RPG 3.7 / 3.5
SPG 2.0 / 1.4
Ast/to 1.49 / 1.42
FG% 45.0 / 41.1
3pt% 35.6 / 33.3
FT% 78.3 / 80.1

All those stats you want to see from a ballhandling guard (ast/to ratio, 3pt%, EFG, True Shooting)...Crittenton has them all on Farmar.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby BadNewsBear on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:56 am

I thought we were through with matador points? Karl's a good summer league signing, but a long shot to make any roster except Denver.
BadNewsBear

Postby Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:58 am

Notice that JC also plays 10% minutes less. Looks like JC dominates that matchup to me.
Lakers8899

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:20 am

LOL at a Kobe and Coby duo.....
“I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.” - Lebron James after Game 6 elimination to Celtics.
Lakerzrevenge

Postby Critical Beatdown on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:Notice that JC also plays 10% minutes less. Looks like JC dominates that matchup to me.

I don't see anything "dominating" there, just minor differences and similar stats, and I'm just going by what I've seen in Farmar, which includes intangibles, and Jordan had better guys playing around him, so wasn't the #1 option like Crittenton was (and Jordan wasn't as solid with the J then either, but he has greatly improved in that area).

There was a lot of talent and draft picks around Farmar on his UCLA teams too, look at Crittenton's lineup and you just don't see that. Crittenton and Young were allowed as freshmen to basically get the most usage on the team, to be the #1 and #2 options, while the teams Farmar played on were deep and balanced.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of Crittenton, so he could be better than I think, and I do think he's going to be a great pro. But he has no chance to beat out Farmar this season, and I'm still not convinced he will be a better pro point guard when all the intangibles are added up and both careers are in the books.
...as I enter your mind, decorate and paint my sign...LA Lakers will be 2008-09 NBA Champions!
Critical Beatdown

Postby Lal-mtl on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:27 pm

live and die in LA wrote:
Sakuraba wrote:
live and die in LA wrote:I like this summer league signing. His skills fit into the triangle offense. Unfortunately he is a matador on defense and isnt very athletic. LA Defenders?

Another Mitch Fruitcake special? Hasn't he been drafting these type of players for years?

It's not like he will ever play significant minutes for the Lakers, he is just a really good story. Son of George Karl, he is a cancer survivor and he has a very high IQ in the game of basketball.

Another Luke?
-----------------------------------------
1. "RESIGN" (to quit, leave office, etc.) is not = "RE-SIGN"
2. "SHOULD' VE" (should HAVE) is not= "SHOULD OFF"
- same goes for would've, could've, etc.
Lal-mtl

Postby JSM on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:28 am

:man10: :man10:

I would have paid good money to see the look on papa George's face when Coby told he he'd be playing for the Lakers.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Shrek on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:45 am

Hey guys, I live in ID. I have always hated BSU till I moved closer recently. Haven't watched much BSU basketball, but from what I hear all around me, this kid will surprise a lot of people. He's a great kid with a lot of heart and a sweet stroke. Just not a good thyroid. Also, his defense is better than advertised. If there was ever a more perfect fit for the tri, I haven't seen it yet. Luke 2.0 with a more consistent shot and even higher IQ. I didn't think we had a shot at signing him. Ok, I'm happy now. Oh yeah, he's an excellent leader too, I am told.
Mitch is my daddy!!!
Shrek

Postby SashKa_LA_2000 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:01 am

Coby is the next Kobe !
He looks nice as a capable player.
SashKa_LA_2000

Postby lakerfan123456789 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:54 pm

live and die in LA wrote:I like this summer league signing. His skills fit into the triangle offense. Unfortunately he is a matador on defense and isnt very athletic. LA Defenders?

There not actually running the plays

these signings are more a showcase for all teams, but he just happens to play for the Lakers, the Lakers have no rights to him once the league is over.

Phil Jackson want be coaching or anything its always some Assitant or a college coach in like D-2

So im pretty sure well never see Coby Karl run the triangle offense
lakerfan123456789

Postby THE_DAGGER on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:38 am

He looked decent in yesterday's game. With his skill set, he's an ideal player for the triangle. It's just too bad that he's a rookie.

If he had a couple of years of NBA experience under his belt he would be a welcome addition to the team. I just don't see us taking on another rookie besides Javaris this upcoming season.
THE_DAGGER

Location: Pittsburg, CA (yes, without the "h" and yes, in CA)

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013