Draft Express: Lakers SPL Roster So Far

Postby ericdabbs on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:11 am

Why isn't Smush Parker on the SPL roster? He needs to be on the roster and continue improving his game. He should be mad at himself for the way he played in the playoffs and be motivated to work hard and become a better player. To me hes still a rookie and should be in the SPL to get more basketball experience.
ericdabbs

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 am

ericdabbs wrote:Why isn't Smush Parker on the SPL roster? He needs to be on the roster and continue improving his game. He should be mad at himself for the way he played in the playoffs and be motivated to work hard and become a better player. To me hes still a rookie and should be in the SPL to get more basketball experience.

you have to always play against better competition to improve. I consider Smush better than 95% of all SPL players, so there is not much he could learn from the rest.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby komar on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:43 am

ericdabbs wrote:Why isn't Smush Parker on the SPL roster? He needs to be on the roster and continue improving his game. He should be mad at himself for the way he played in the playoffs and be motivated to work hard and become a better player. To me hes still a rookie and should be in the SPL to get more basketball experience.

if your starting PG is on your SPL roster, you might be in trouble.
komar

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:55 am

Update - Add Marcus Slaughter from SDSU to the Roster.
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby dagreatkobe on Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:22 am

JSM wrote:
slimjim wrote:where is taquan dean playing?

Spurs

man what were we thinking? :disagree:
dagreatkobe

Postby ericdabbs on Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:28 am

if your starting PG is on your SPL roster, you might be in trouble.

Well to me Smush is a backup PG even though he was a starter on the lakers. Lets be honest the only reason why he was the starting PG was because we didn't have any true PGs that can play the position. The lakers didn't really have any other PG besides Sasha Vujucic who can't really play the PG.

I know the competition probably won't be as good in the SPL but I think Smush still needs a lot of work. He maybe a starter but on most teams he would be a backup. I just think he has so much more to improve on his game especiallly his defense. I don't want to see Smush play horribly again in the playoffs.

I dunno if there is a NBDL thing that goes on during the offseason but I think Bynum and Parker should join that or something in the summer time to continue working on their game. Ronny Turiaf is playing in France this offseason to work on his game. I know Bynum has been working everyday with Kareem and stuff but I think he needs on court experience to actually show what he can do. I think Bynum can be a special player but lets be honest he didn't really play at all in his first season so in a way hes still a rookie in terms of number of minutes played.
ericdabbs

Postby hype on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:50 am

dagreatkobe wrote:
JSM wrote:
slimjim wrote:where is taquan dean playing?

Spurs

man what were we thinking? :disagree:

Maybe he turned down our offer.
hype

Postby scottiep1013 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:36 pm

Da Veinticuatro wrote:Update - Add Marcus Slaughter from SDSU to the Roster.

SICKkk!
scottiep1013

Postby dogster on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:37 pm

People who think Smush Parker should be on the roster are suffering from extreme brain lock. Give the dude some R&R, obviously. Playing with the young punks would give him wear and tear, and not much else. Duh.
dogster

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013