First Summer League Invite Is Marcus Landry

First Summer League Invite Is Marcus Landry

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Eric Pincus of the LA Times wrote:Free agent forward Marcus Landry will join the Lakers' summer league team in Las Vegas, according to his agent, Keith Kreiter of Edge Sports.

Keith Kreiter @Edge_Sports
Marcus Landry to join the Lakers summer league team- great opportunity for Marcus-- he spent time with D'Antoni in New York.

Landry is a 6-foot 7-inch forward out of Wisconsin who went undrafted in 2009.

The brother of Golden State Warriors forward Carl Landry, Marcus Landry played 17 games for the Knicks in 2009-10 under Coach Mike D'Antoni. In February of 2010, Landry was traded to the Boston Celtics, with whom he made a single three-minute appearance.

Landry has gone through training camps with the Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns. He was an NBA Development League All-Star this past season with the Reno Bighorns -- where he won the three-point contest.

Through 35 games with the Bighorns, Landry averaged 16.5 points a game while shooting 42.8% from three-point range.

One of the Lakers' off-season goals is to add shooting and athleticism.

The Lakers have yet to announce their summer league roster but a team spokesman said that, while nothing is official, the Lakers expect Landry to be a part of their squad in Las Vegas for summer league play July 12-22.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: First Summer League Invite Is Marcus Landry

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:57 am

Good athlete, good shooter. At 6'7" he's got a shot at making the roster.

I don't know anything about his defensive ability though.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Dratini927 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:17 am

Seems pretty good on the catch and shoot. If he does make it, he could be a nice stretch with his length and help us in the 3 point shooting. Also showed some pretty good court vision on defense with the hand on the ball and the help defense.
Matt the Drat

Dratini927

Postby Alex123 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 am

I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
We offer best quality study materials including latest and practice EX200 dumps exam so you will pass Intel exam in first try.For more details visit now Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) website best wishes.
Alex123

Return to Summer League 2013