Former Laker makes his debute against 76ers

Former Laker makes his debute against 76ers

Postby High IQ on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:00 pm

7 rebounds, 2 fouls, 1 TO, 1 block and 6 points in 22 minutes of play.
That's right, the 7'1" center who played in Spain before being selected by Lakers in last year's draft played against 76ers.
CHEIKH SAMB! :jam2: :jam2:
http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/pla ... heikh_samb
http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/gam ... 1520700006
High IQ

Postby Chicano on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:03 pm

Speaking of former Lakers...

Laron Profit did pretty good today.
Chicano

Postby KB24 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:24 pm

Profits main problem is that he is 30 years old...

people, when thinking about Profit think he is a talent but the truth is at 30 he still sux.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:04 am

KB8@CL wrote:Profits main problem is that he is 30 years old...

people, when thinking about Profit think he is a talent but the truth is at 30 he still sux.

Wow. I never thought he sucked in the first place. He played some very consistent ball for us and was one of the better subs we've ever had for Bryant.
Alleyhoops

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:14 am

Alleyhoops wrote:

Wow. I never thought he sucked in the first place. He played some very consistent ball for us and was one of the better subs we've ever had for Bryant.

he did suck IMO...I rather stick to facts...lets take a look at his career in the NBA

even the horrible Vujacic has done more...career highs of 18 points and 8 rebounds are the icing on the cake....we are talking about someone who has never scored 20 points...enaugh said. Even dead scrubs like Tierre Brown or Smush have scored more than 26 once in their life...

look at the numbers...they speak volumes...look at the shooting percentages...there is absolutely nothing indicating that he has done anything with significance ever...

he is 30 and has played a total of 100 NBA games...and there is a reason probably...I mean even Smush now has 164 games as the starting PG of the Lakers...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kentu_tiro on Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Profit has a really good hoops IQ. Remember how quickly he picked up the triangle in that lone season he was with us? He would have been that solid bench guy when Kobe rests. Too bad he got injured pretty bad. It's actually funny because when he's out there, he looks like Kobe.
kentu_tiro

Postby lotus on Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:17 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:

he did suck IMO...I rather stick to facts...lets take a look at his career in the NBA

even the horrible Vujacic has done more...career highs of 18 points and 8 rebounds are the icing on the cake....we are talking about someone who has never scored 20 points...enaugh said. Even dead scrubs like Tierre Brown or Smush have scored more than 26 once in their life...

look at the numbers...they speak volumes...look at the shooting percentages...there is absolutely nothing indicating that he has done anything with significance ever...

he is 30 and has played a total of 100 NBA games...and there is a reason probably...I mean even Smush now has 164 games as the starting PG of the Lakers...

As a general comment, stats don't always reveal who is the better player.

Many variables can explain how someone can have a higher game point performance than someone else. For example, Sasha's only job is to sit at the 3pt line and shoot them when open. Or, the system that a team runs may be more of a fit to one player than another, but it does not mean that the player is better.

For the record, I'll take Profit over Sasha or Tierre Brown any day of the week.
Last edited by lotus on Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lotus

Postby SignPippenNow on Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:18 pm

Thank you KB8, finally someone telling the truth on Laron. :bow: Lakers fans call most players scrubs, but made that guy out to be someone special.
SignPippenNow

Postby Critical Beatdown on Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:38 pm

All I know is that Laron was a very capable backup for Kobe until his injury, and he was gaining in minutes and effectiveness until that bad break. I remember this by watching him and noticing how under control he was for us when Kobe was on the bench. This is why people remember him so well, because he was really coming on and playing very well and, since then, we really haven't had a presence like him off the bench who seemed to be smooth in the Tri.
...as I enter your mind, decorate and paint my sign...LA Lakers will be 2008-09 NBA Champions!
Critical Beatdown

Postby Lakeshow24 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:07 pm

Looks to me like Laron Profit got 11 minutes per game with the Lakers. He scored 4.5 ppg. Not bad considering he came off the bench. If he played 30 mins, he'd average about 12 ppg.
Lakeshow24

Return to Summer League 2013