HoopsWorld: Lakers Summer League Grade - B

HoopsWorld: Lakers Summer League Grade - B

Postby JSM on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Luke Byrnes wrote:Los Angeles Lakers (0-5): B

I don't know if the summer league was all that great, considering the team's record, but the Lakers saw what much of what they hoped for in second-round picks Derrick Caracter and Devin Ebanks. If we were grading the Lakers draft, it would undoubtedly be an "A". Caracter was a physical low post banger on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor while leading the team in scoring (15.4 per game), rebounding (8.6), field-goal percentage (.593) and blocked shots (1.4). Ebanks impressed as well, showing the ability to defend his position and scoring the ball with relative ease. His shooting from long range was surprisingly accurate (.455 from behind the three-point line) as the former West Virginia Mountaineer finished second on the team in scoring, at 15 points per game. With a veteran roster in place, the Lakers needed a wing and a big at discount prices and it looks like they found them in Caracter and Ebanks.

Click on the link to read the grades for the other teams at the VSL.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: HoopsWorld: Lakers Summer League Grade - B

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 pm

^ We should have had John Wall as well in that draft as part of the Brown-Butler deal. We then would have had the 3 of the best Summer League performers coming in as rookies I believe. :man4:
LAKEROC

Re: HoopsWorld: Lakers Summer League Grade - B

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:23 pm

^ That crap is really getting annoying.

Anyway, I thought the Lakers did okay. I suppose in that guy's odd definition I can understand a B rating. But the Lakers got exactly what they wanted and needed from the draft, so I'm happy with it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Summer League 2013