James White

James White

Postby pureuncut100 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:43 pm

I really like his game. He played 13 minutes in the first game, scored 3 points. Nothing to call home about. But if you watch him, the guy is in on a lot more than the stats reflect. He is a better free throw shooter than the 1 for 4 he shot. He still hasnt really been given a chance this pre season.

I dont know that James White is best overall player on the summer league roster. As a matter of fact, i know he isnt. But I think he could do some things better than anyone else on the summer league roster.

After the finals, I think the Lakers are about addressing needs. We have all the talent in the world, we dont necessarily need the best talents available. We need to address needs. I like White for his activity and potential as a defensive player. I hope he makes the cut and we see him in pre season. I hope someone really works with him. Maybe Michael Cooper.

WHite has all star potential but in reality, he is a roll player. A bit player. If a team approaches him in such a manner, then he could be very productive in the right situation.
pureuncut100

Postby JSM on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:00 pm

The problem is he hasn't shown any signs of improvement. In fact all he's shown is he can fly. We all knew that since college. The Spurs brought him in, hoping they could develop him into a defensive stopper and gave up on that project. I don't know if it's his work ethic or he just isn't capable.

But I don't see him being anything more than a D-League dunk contest player in the states.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby pureuncut100 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:54 pm

JSM wrote:The problem is he hasn't shown any signs of improvement. In fact all he's shown is he can fly. We all knew that since college. The Spurs brought him in, hoping they could develop him into a defensive stopper and gave up on that project. I don't know if it's his work ethic or he just isn't capable.

But I don't see him being anything more than a D-League dunk contest player in the states.

I cant disagree with you. The guy is 25 or 26, a 5th year senior and has been given multiple chances.

Still, he has all the tools to help a team. Any team who thought they could make him live up to his potential may have simply been disappointed. Who knows? I think this guy could be similar to Michael Cooper but he needs attention.

Like I said, I hope he gets an invite to play in the pre season. It wont hurt. I would like to see him against better competition. If it doesnt work, then so be it.
pureuncut100

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:59 am

I think White is like an unpolished Ariza. If he can just slow down, he would be a good player.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby SignPippenNow on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:13 am

I hope they invite him to camp and I hope his light goes off. Will it? I doubt it. As JSM said he simply hasn't shown one lick of improvement so why would he now.
SignPippenNow

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:52 pm

SignPippenNow wrote:I hope they invite him to camp and I hope his light goes off. Will it? I doubt it. As JSM said he simply hasn't shown one lick of improvement so why would he now.

It funny, no one here disagrees so far. We all know White is all potential. Yet it seems like a world class athlete of his nature has to be able to be GOOD in some role in the NBA.
pureuncut100

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:12 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:
SignPippenNow wrote:I hope they invite him to camp and I hope his light goes off. Will it? I doubt it. As JSM said he simply hasn't shown one lick of improvement so why would he now.

It funny, no one here disagrees so far. We all know White is all potential. Yet it seems like a world class athlete of his nature has to be able to be GOOD in some role in the NBA.

He looks absolutely terrible. Looks capable of doing zilch on the court. MAYBE offer him a spot on the D-League team. Maybe.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Return to Summer League 2013