7/8 Lakers vs. 76ers - Summer League Gameday (Game 2)

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:14 pm

Critt looks pissed.
User avatar
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:15 pm

White has had 3 of the most boneheaded TOs I've seen tonight.
Last edited by JSM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby bhatta on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Farmar making bad decisions in Summer League does not bode well. He needs to show he's progressed in those aspects of the game if he wants to be the starter.
User avatar
bhatta
Clublakers Lead Analyst
 
Posts: 3557
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:15 am

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm

HisAirness24 wrote:Critt looks pissed.

He's a competitor, he wants to be out there. I can't blame him, but he's definitely not pouting on the bench like Smush would.


And big 3 by Karl.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Lakers8899 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Coby Karl can play
Lakers8899

 
Posts: 895
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:55 am

Postby JerryWest_44 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:17 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:Coby Karl can play
in the summer league.
User avatar
JerryWest_44

 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 11:04 pm

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:17 pm

I'm surprised Byars hasn't gotten more playing time.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Lakers8899 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:19 pm

bhatta wrote:Farmar making bad decisions in Summer League does not bode well. He needs to show he's progressed in those aspects of the game if he wants to be the starter.


I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen Wade made similar mistakes(like not going fast when they're down by 1, and instead wants to hit it at the buzzer).
Lakers8899

 
Posts: 895
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:55 am

Postby LMS on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Wat the hell is the coachig staff doing? Him sitting on the bench is not going to develop his game.
Kobe Bryant-the chosen one
LMS

 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 9:17 pm

Postby JerryWest_44 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
bhatta wrote:Farmar making bad decisions in Summer League does not bode well. He needs to show he's progressed in those aspects of the game if he wants to be the starter.


I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen Wade made similar mistakes(like not going fast when they're down by 1, and instead wants to hit it at the buzzer).


Note sure how the comparison between all NBA Wade and newcomer Famar applies...
User avatar
JerryWest_44

 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 11:04 pm

Postby Lakers8899 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Man, Farmar looks buff, obviously the result of the work he's put in.
Lakers8899

 
Posts: 895
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:55 am

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:22 pm

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:
bhatta wrote:Farmar making bad decisions in Summer League does not bode well. He needs to show he's progressed in those aspects of the game if he wants to be the starter.


I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen Wade made similar mistakes(like not going fast when they're down by 1, and instead wants to hit it at the buzzer).


Note sure how the comparison between all NBA Wade and newcomer Famar applies...
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
User avatar
LkrsOvrMia

 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 am
Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:22 pm

LMS wrote:Wat the hell is the coachig staff doing? Him sitting on the bench is not going to develop his game.
It's how summer league works -- they have a schedule on how many minutes they will play their "star" players.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40955
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Great game from Coby Karl ... great game from Farmar minus the mental mistake at the end of regulation.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40955
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Lakers8899 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:23 pm

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:
bhatta wrote:Farmar making bad decisions in Summer League does not bode well. He needs to show he's progressed in those aspects of the game if he wants to be the starter.


I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen Wade made similar mistakes(like not going fast when they're down by 1, and instead wants to hit it at the buzzer).


Note sure how the comparison between all NBA Wade and newcomer Famar applies...


The point is anyone can make those kinds of mistakes.
Lakers8899

 
Posts: 895
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:55 am

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Most Impressive Tonight
Coby Karl: 23 points, 8-13 FG
Jordan Farmar: 18 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds
Brandon Gay: 16 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block



And Crit's numbers: 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO, 0-5 FG in 14 1/2 minutes.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:24 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:Man, Farmar looks buff, obviously the result of the work he's put in.


Too bad that is all we can say about 'em. I don't care how well he played. The last 4 to 5 minutes were horrible.

As previously stated, he must show improvement. Especially down the stretch.

:bang:
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
User avatar
LkrsOvrMia

 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 am
Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby KB+KG=DOMINATION on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:26 pm

they didn't play crit at all why the hell did they do that.
KB+KG=DOMINATION

 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Postby Lakers8899 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:26 pm

LkrsOvrMia wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:Man, Farmar looks buff, obviously the result of the work he's put in.


Too bad that is all we can say about 'em. I don't care how well he played. The last 4 to 5 minutes were horrible.

As previously stated, he must show improvement. Especially down the stretch.

:bang:


IMO, he played great. He got careless with the turnover, but that can easily be fixed. He should have called the timeout, but who can blame him for being a little overeager, especially with the game he had?
Lakers8899

 
Posts: 895
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:55 am

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 pm

KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:they didn't play crit at all why the hell did they do that.


I hope they are not satisfied nor convinced as a result of his showing the other night. This kid needs PT.
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
User avatar
LkrsOvrMia

 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 am
Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 pm

The last minutes of regulation and OT really F'd up Farmar's game. He f'd up big time. JC got barely any PT.... :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
“I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.” - Lebron James after Game 6 elimination to Celtics.
User avatar
Lakerzrevenge

 
Posts: 2598
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:30 pm
Location: Whereva theres a basketball

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:31 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:Man, Farmar looks buff, obviously the result of the work he's put in.


Too bad that is all we can say about 'em. I don't care how well he played. The last 4 to 5 minutes were horrible.

As previously stated, he must show improvement. Especially down the stretch.

:bang:


IMO, he played great. He got careless with the turnover, but that can easily be fixed. He should have called the timeout, but who can blame him for being a little overeager, especially with the game he had?


I hear you. However, neglecting to call a TO was not the only thing he did wrong down the stretch.

Positive performance overall by the TEAM!
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
User avatar
LkrsOvrMia

 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 am
Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby gio on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:34 pm

KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:they didn't play crit at all why the hell did they do that.


:disagree: i cant believe critt only got 15 minutes, it looks like they told him to get his team involved today, he didnt really try to drive to the basket, and nobody would give him the ball back they would just jack up threes and deep twos if hes gonna ride the bench they might as well let him work out with andrew, this is not good for his confidence

:man2: farmar will never be more than a backup, hopefully a good one for us for many years.
User avatar
gio

 
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:35 pm

Postby farhan810 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Anyone have the Knicks vs. China feed?
User avatar
farhan810

 
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: CA

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Farmar made one mistake, yet people here bash him like crazy. :mhihi:

Let's be honest here. All the other scrubs on this team except Coby and Critter played like crap. They were constantly creating turnovers that resulted in keeping Philly in the game. Farmar was the key to us even being in a position to win.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21735
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

PreviousNext

Return to Summer League 2013

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.