7/8 Lakers vs. 76ers - Summer League Gameday (Game 2)

Postby Lakers8899 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:40 pm

gio wrote:
KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:they didn't play crit at all why the hell did they do that.

:disagree: i cant believe critt only got 15 minutes, it looks like they told him to get his team involved today, he didnt really try to drive to the basket, and nobody would give him the ball back they would just jack up threes and deep twos if hes gonna ride the bench they might as well let him work out with andrew, this is not good for his confidence

:man2: farmar will never be more than a backup, hopefully a good one for us for many years.

Farmar is a lot more than a backup. In fact, the only reason Louis outplayed him(if you can even say that) is because he touched the ball on virtually every possession, and Farmar had to share minutes with Crit, and didn't even touch the ball that much, save for down the stretch.
Lakers8899

Postby kobefan1738 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:02 pm

rambis makes me sick, i wanted to see jc play.Even though he didn't score he still did a lot 4 the offense when he was in.If guys would have made their shhots and caught the ball he would have easily had 8 assist. O yea i have yet to talk about the stellar d he played on williams.the dude scored like six points with him guarding him and those came from the line.PLAY JC DAMMIT
kobefan1738

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:13 pm

Farmar with a pretty good game except the last play of regulation. Shoot it Farmar! Karl with a good game as well. I like his shot, it's pretty quick.
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby winstonemby on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:43 pm

2 pts, 3 reb, 9 assists, 1 blk 1 steal for Yue tonight.
TEAM FARMAR MEMBER
GO BYNUM
STAY KOBE
winstonemby

Postby Mallard of Loures on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:51 pm

winstonemby wrote:2 pts, 3 reb, 9 assists, 1 blk 1 steal for Yue tonight.

Nice game by Yue. Watching the game, it looks like he's was the only playmaker for China against the Knicks.
Mallard of Loures

Postby solenstyle on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Farmar had a great game, he ran the offense great. I dont' see a reason why anyone to bash him. It seems as though the hype of J Crit has made people belittle farmar. So Farmar has a great game, and some people discredit it because of that last play in regulation :disagree:

J Crit did average, except for that behind the back pass, because of his limited playing time, and want more of him because his first game.

Game 1 - J Crit

Game 2 - Coby! and Farmar

Looking forward to seeing more of those three in the next games
solenstyle

Postby KB24 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:45 am

JC only played 14 minutes? WTF

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby uclaker0329 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:46 am

You guys act like the coaches dont know what they are doing. Obviously there was a reason Javaris didnt play. Possibly he hasnt stayed in shape and was too tired? Maybe he missed/came late to a team event? Maybe they didnt like the match-up out there.

Also, farmar did make a careless play at the end of regulation. But, for those of you who watched, did you see the play that was made despite the buzzer sounding? My thinking is he wanted to take the shot and then saw that wide open pass for a dunk and just wasnt thinking about how little time there was. They showed him after the play and he was obviously very upset at himself, so its not like he meant to screw up.

Also, him saying no to a timeout makes me really happy. Althought it may not have been the best decision, he showed he was a leader and stepped up to lead the team, which is a good sign.
uclaker0329

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:06 am

Once again, it's really not a big deal that JC only played 14 minutes. This type of thing happens in the Summer League.

I'm betting he'll get more run than Farmar in the next game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:48 am

KB8@CL wrote:JC only played 14 minutes? WTF
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Kobe RN on Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:07 am

So, to all the people who overreacted when we did not draft Byars, how's he showing his complete nba ready game and better than yue skills in the summer league? :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Kobe RN

Postby Salvation Armani on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:46 am

The Game wrote:So, to all the people who overreacted when we did not draft Byars, how's he showing his complete nba ready game and better than yue skills in the summer league? :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

The Lakers need guys who can come in and help Kobe right away! I can't believe Mitch passed on him with the all important 40th pick in the draft!
:bang:

Did you see Byars in his two SPL games after his DNP? Byars came off the bench for "defensive purposes". You might ask yourself, "a defensive stopper in SPL?" That's right. I mean, did you see how he almost contained the thoroughbred known as Brian Gay? That more than makes up for his 0-3 shooting (all three shots from behind the arc) and his 3 rebounds in two games. Not everything he does can be measured by stats, you know...

And I forgot to add, at a young 23 years of age, he has ample time to improve on his game.
Salvation Armani

Postby wallangong on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:29 pm

it's not a big deal javaris only played 15 minutes. summer league is a competition. JC is going to make the team. so they took a game to see how farmar would bounce back and see if the other guys on the team could show them something. it doesn't mean they have a problem with JC or think he's shown enough already, it's just one game.
wallangong

Postby revgen on Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:08 pm

"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013